Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,118 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim (17242 Views)

My Life Is In Danger – Man Who Rescued Kidnap Victim In Lagos Laments / Military At Benin-Agbor Forest To Rescue Margaret Emefiele / I Benefited N65,000 From My Uncle’s Kidnap; Send Me To Prison – Suspect Begs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by UncleDeeee(m): 5:26am On May 22, 2015
Nigerian Police
Bad character = 90%
Good character = 10%
I hope I'm not even wrong because I doubt the 10%.
I had gone to a station to make a complaint and was told to deposit some money. When are Nigerians going to be fair to Nigerians? What's the difference between terrorism and this kind of wicked act

1 Like

Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by ocelot2006(m): 5:34am On May 22, 2015
This is totally embarrassing to the Police Force. The family shouldve gone to DSS/SSS.
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by Nobody: 5:34am On May 22, 2015
UncleDeeee:
Nigerian Police
Bad character = 90%
Good character = 10%
I hope I'm not even wrong because I doubt the 10%.
I had gone to a station to make a complaint and was told to deposit some money. When are Nigerians going to be fair to Nigerians? What's the difference between terrorism and this kind of wicked act
Lol
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by ZUBY77(m): 5:37am On May 22, 2015
I spent over 400,000 at the same Police Station looking for my kidnapped brother.

The entire Nigerian system is Zero.
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by Nobody: 5:39am On May 22, 2015
hadizasaf:

Its easy to curse and slam the police
Please walk into mtn one day and ask to track a number,they charge about 40k for that with proper court order.
The officers who will comb the bush will eat fuel their van bribe informants and also guard againt saboteurs
You nailed it my guy but it really hurts to read from educated Nls abusing policemen without adequate info
Believe me 65k is too small for the operation and no state Cp has dat kind of cash in his allocation
I really don't believe in abusing people because their opinion sounds rediculously foolish; but rather to educcate them as they re obviously crssly ignorant... I wanna educate u a little.... Do u know the NPF is funded, by the federal budget? Now for the 2015, physical year; for transportation; the police got about 5.89 billion for overhead cost, and maintanance ; with the IGP; arguing dat will be barely enough to setle their needs; so my question for u is, how and where are all those money used?

@ topic; I have been involved in seeking release for colleagues; and the police which was our 1st point of call demanded 250k, now that wasnkt a guarantee; cus after d money was paidj we still met brickwalls, absolutely nothing came out, d police ate the money n went back to their slumber(afterall it wassn't their family member)... But I'll want to mek us introspect; the problem with the NPF; is same dat resonates around every sphere of Nig. We as nigerians care less about anthing we believe doesn't affect us directly, as evident by vaarious commentss here..we don't even read; the NPF, is poorly funded, no one cares, the NPF personnels, are annoyingly underpaid, no one cares! (After all it doesn't affect us).... Yes it won't; but somepersons will definitel need their services! And those persons will definitely pay for the complacenc of others!!! When poor decisions re made b our leaders, we are d ones to bear the brunt; thuss the onus lies on us to hold them accountable....

I created a thread, somewhile ago; detailing an open letter I wrote to the IG ; regarding the embarrassing trend of NPF n mobilization fee; but nobody commented; perharps, it didn't affect them... Now we can see for ourselves...

My hopes: I pray buhari comes onbord, and implement this state n community police systems; hopefull dat will give a headwa...

3 Likes

Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by ceaserian(m): 6:14am On May 22, 2015
still typing..........
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by omojeesu(m): 6:18am On May 22, 2015
Police=kidnappers=armed robbers=Police in Nigeria.
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by otokx(m): 6:35am On May 22, 2015
Nigerians are the problem in Nigeria, things do not work because we have decided they will not.

Police, Pastors, Professors are all the same but it can change.

After a robbery my friend went to police station to make statement - the junior guys there said 5k that the worth of phone and laptops stolen was over 150k. Now they were accompanied by an ununiformed mopol yet the junior guys will not budge until the matter was reported to a godly senior police who was sober.

Now when the guy asked if he heard that the junior guys asked for 5k b4 collecting their statement they denied and my friend as usual being a typical Nigerian decided to keep quiet instead of identifying the bribe seekers.

1 Like

Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by dmedalion25: 6:46am On May 22, 2015
undecided grin

Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by holluwai(m): 6:46am On May 22, 2015
Common sense! Common sense!! Common sense!!! Just so you know I am not a policeman but I've got a lot to do with them so I see their struggle. Try to get first hand knowledge about things so you won't just jump into baseless conclusions and name callings.

I dare you to call a SARS operative that to his face, don't let me tell you what will happen. grin tongue

ojeffo:

There goes a USELESS POLICEMAN...TRYING TOO HARD TO SHOW HIS FOOLISHNESS
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by MARKone(m): 6:51am On May 22, 2015
idupaul:

Your school should refund you all your fees and your parents should be fined at least 500k for raising an Idiat like U .. Guy what's even ur IQ.. U are extremely dull, you are only hiding as an educated fool because of the shortcomings we have in Nigeria.

The guy is very dull and a big f00l, they are part of the reason the country is, as it is now..near comatose. We have a big challenge in our hand, with people that reason like him.

1 Like

Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by holluwai(m): 6:56am On May 22, 2015
Yes I am for real, you can find out in own little way. The federal government doesn't fund investigations so where will the money come from if the complainant doesn't provide it?
This police as a body could be bad but not totally bad.

okonri:

Seriously? Are you for real? Education is really something else in this country.
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by jbravado(m): 6:57am On May 22, 2015
UncleSnr:
What pains me more is that I know this family very well.

cc: lalasticlala
i bu onye obinofia ndi uno
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by truthhurts2: 7:01am On May 22, 2015
publicenemy:
Putting their lives on the line for 65k...

The family should pay and let them go.
Shoroniyen... what re dey paying for?
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by kelechiodo(m): 7:03am On May 22, 2015
MARKone:

The guy is very dull and a big f00l, they are part of the reason the country is, as it is now..near comatose. We have a big challenge in our hand, with people that reason like him.
He is not a fool dear. He is telling you the reality. We are not happy with it but that what is happening. We all hope that one day we will witness the ideal situation where police work without demanding a kobo.
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by fr3do(m): 7:04am On May 22, 2015
holluwai:
People need to be properly orientated. These officers who will carry out this investigations will not spend their salary in carrying out activities. They will require to get call logs of every number that has been used in contact the kidnaped persons family, MTN/airtel/glo/etisalat won't just give it to them without court order and these court orders aren't signed for free just as getting does calls logs arent either. They'll need a tracker to track and detect the locations of these criminals. Other processes are involved and I could go on and on explaining.

If you have a case with the police and it's as sensitive as a kidnap case, you'll be prepared to spend money for police activities, period.

Then why do I pay tax? angry

5 Likes

Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by holluwai(m): 7:11am On May 22, 2015
That question cannot be answered by the policemen in duty. Maybe the people in government.

fr3do:

Then why do I pay tax? angry
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by Chemistri(m): 7:13am On May 22, 2015
I hail d the nigeria police
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by bigerboy200: 7:18am On May 22, 2015
ocelot2006:
This is totally embarrassing to the Police Force. The family shouldve gone to DSS/SSS.
Those ones will ask for 500k straight up..no shame
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by Nobody: 7:19am On May 22, 2015
Se police self don dey collect ransom
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by mu2sa2: 7:29am On May 22, 2015
icebeatz:
[b]On January 2015, my brother was kidnapped.
Nigerian police is inept and a bunch of low life destitutes!!!
That was a very difficult moment for me...
I can imagine what this family is passing through.
The funny thing was that my brother's kidnappers were hausa/fulani men (despite the fact he was kidnapped in delta state)... They spoke hausa to each other (according to my brother)

They tied my brother up and left him in the bush for 4 days. Every morning, they would give him a phone to call us... he would call, crying and begging for help....

WE PAID ABOUT 200K IN TOTAL TO POLICE AND SSS BUT THEY COULDN'T DO ANYTHING.
THE police asked us not to pay the ransom but on the 3rd day, we couldn't take the pressure anymore and just had to cough out a whooping sum of 5 million.... my brother was released on the 4th day.

After the ordeal, the policemen demanded for 60k in order to "settle debts they incurred in line of investigation".... i wept bitterly for this country!!!!.... of course, we were told to deny we paid any ransom!!!
#truelifestory

[/b]
Your people kidnapped your brother and you're blaming hausa/fulani! Your kidnapper brethren were smart enough to utter a few words in a language not theirs to confuse you. Truth is, kidnappers and armed robbers are having a field day in the south.
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by Nobody: 7:31am On May 22, 2015
holluwai:
People need to be properly orientated. These officers who will carry out this investigations will not spend their salary in carrying out activities. They will require to get call logs of every number that has been used in contact the kidnaped persons family, MTN/airtel/glo/etisalat won't just give it to them without court order and these court orders aren't signed for free just as getting does calls logs arent either. They'll need a tracker to track and detect the locations of these criminals. Other processes are involved and I could go on and on explaining.

If you have a case with the police and it's as sensitive as a kidnap case, you'll be prepared to spend money for police activities, period.

You reason like a cockroach. SMH angry
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by publicenemy(m): 7:33am On May 22, 2015
truthhurts2:
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by publicenemy(m): 7:34am On May 22, 2015
truthhurts2:

I don't know what it is..but am sure his life is worth more than 65k, so if 65k will boost the moral of the police men let them pay and get it over with
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by holluwai(m): 7:34am On May 22, 2015
I'm better than you, have no reasoning regardless of its worth or value. You know nothing and yet you call people names, nitwit.

walescounis:

You reason like a cockroach. SMH angry
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by Nobody: 7:39am On May 22, 2015
holluwai:
I'm better than you, have no reasoning regardless of it worth or value. You know nothing and yet you call people names, nitwit.

Your brain is as slow as a snail. Do you know what they call INVESTIGATION?... Your dead brain won't allow you.
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by holluwai(m): 7:44am On May 22, 2015
Tell you father that raised you without manners what investigation is. I won't trade words with you because you don't match my average, once again nitwit.

walescounis:

Your brain is as slow as a snail. Do you know what they call INVESTIGATION?... Your dead brain won't allow you.
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by endy23(m): 7:52am On May 22, 2015
[quote author=sauceny post=33975650]But the federal government has always disbursed funds for such operation to the Nigerian police.[/quote who told u dat?
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by player007(m): 7:53am On May 22, 2015
holluwai:

You sound like a police man or related to one. And i can't believe that you just justified collecting Bribe so as to facilitate releaseing a kidnapped person. Haven't that family gone tru enough? I want to believe that not all police men/women act this way.

3 Likes

Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by boxypane(m): 7:57am On May 22, 2015
grin Life Insurance money.
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by holluwai(m): 8:00am On May 22, 2015
I bet you didn't take your time to read my comment very well and yes it's because I have a very close relationship with officers is the reason why I can explain all these.

The money isn't bribe, it will only be used to facilitate investigation and carry out all other activities, you don't expect this officer whose salary is not near 40k/month to spend it on carrying out investigation.

If you can reason well with you, I've given a brief but well explained reason(s) why the money is requested/required.

It's not bribe once again.

player007:

You sound like a police man or related to one. And i can't believe that you just justified collecting Bribe so as to facilitate releaseing a kidnapped person. Haven't that family gone tru enough? I want to believe that not all police men/women act this way.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Herbalist Who Impersonates Baru, Adesina Arrested By EFCC (photo) / Fulani Herdsmen Kill Man In Nasarawa State (Graphic Photos) / Paedophile Bags 14 Years In Jail In Edo For Defiling 12-Year-Old Schoolgirl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.