Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Can You Marry a Human Clone? (lab produced) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry a Human Clone? (lab produced) (4366 Views)

My Girlfriend Wants To Pay Me Off And Marry A Richer Man / Would You Marry a Single Parent? / Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Marry a Human Clone? (lab produced) by holyghost(m): 2:23am On Oct 16, 2005
As you and I know science is still shaping our future

so you as a man can you marry a clone lady

you as a woman can you marry a clone man?

mark you there is no Bible/religious injunctions against or for it (point it out if any)
it just you and your reasoning
Re: Can You Marry a Human Clone? (lab produced) by Greatpeter(m): 8:24am On Oct 16, 2005
Marry a clone? Never!
Re: Can You Marry a Human Clone? (lab produced) by nferyn(m): 12:05pm On Oct 16, 2005
holyghost:

As you and I know science is still shaping our future

so you as a man can you marry a clone lady

you as a woman can you marry a clone man?

mark you there is no Bible/religious injunctions against or for it (point it out if any)
it just you and your reasoning

If I weren't married already, why not? It's not like they're from out of space, they're humans, just like us. Even identical twins (and that's what clones are, except for the possible age difference) show different personalities
The question is, should we allow human cloning? And there I'd rather have they don't start something like that. There are too many unpleasant ethical consequences
Re: Can You Marry a Human Clone? (lab produced) by WesleyanA(f): 10:01pm On Oct 16, 2005
yeah identical twins are clones (sort of) too.

and i don't think there's a human clone yet. just that animal (sheep) dolly i think.
Re: Can You Marry a Human Clone? (lab produced) by Greatpeter(m): 12:06am On Oct 17, 2005
So can you marry to a clone?
Re: Can You Marry a Human Clone? (lab produced) by hotangel2(f): 5:46am On Oct 17, 2005
WesleyanA:

yeah identical twins are clones (sort of) too.

and i don't think there's a human clone yet. just that animal (sheep) dolly i think.

Identical twins are not clone. Yeah dolly was the sheep clone. I think cloning is wrong but right in some way. I cannot marry a clone.
Re: Can You Marry a Human Clone? (lab produced) by adesodgi(m): 12:47pm On Oct 17, 2005
why should i marry a clone,only if she's halleberry's i will o grin
Re: Can You Marry a Human Clone? (lab produced) by dovey(m): 1:32pm On Oct 17, 2005
I can't marry a human clone but I can appreciate human clone.
Re: Can You Marry a Human Clone? (lab produced) by kelvin(m): 4:52pm On Oct 17, 2005
How would I know a clone when I see one...
Who knows you might think you are getting married to a human, but it turns out to be a clone...
Re: Can You Marry a Human Clone? (lab produced) by nferyn(m): 6:25pm On Oct 17, 2005
kelvin:

How would I know a clone when I see one...
Who knows you might think you are getting married to a human, but it turns out to be a clone...

Exactly. A clone is still a human though
Re: Can You Marry a Human Clone? (lab produced) by holyghost(m): 12:17am On Oct 18, 2005
@WesleyanA ID twins are netural clones its ok, but they differ with lab clones by 1 they have differnt personalities(one introvant and one extrovant), 2 they are from two different cells (one from a man and one from a woman) 3.they have closer time of existance from 3min to atmost 2hours but your clone may be produced ten years later or as at when u want a clone of u

@kelvin you will be told that person A is a clone, so will u marry a clone?

@forum try to say why u fill it morally or logically or otherwise you may or may not marry a clone
not just yes and no thing
Re: Can You Marry a Human Clone? (lab produced) by nferyn(m): 8:06am On Oct 18, 2005
holyghost:

@WesleyanA ID twins are netural clones its ok, but they differ with lab clones by 1 they have differnt personalities(one introvant and one extrovant), 2 they are from two different cells (one from a man and one from a woman) 3.they have closer time of existance from 3min to atmost 2hours but your clone may be produced ten years later or as at when u want a clone of u
[SNIP]
1. Clones can have different personalities as well, they are exactly the same as indentical twins in that regard
2. True, but what differnce does that make?
3. It is theoretically possible to do that with identical twins as well
Re: Can You Marry a Human Clone? (lab produced) by SirKay3(m): 6:50pm On Oct 18, 2005
never
Re: Can You Marry a Human Clone? (lab produced) by WesleyanA(f): 9:29pm On Oct 18, 2005
yes i can cheesy
Re: Can You Marry a Human Clone? (lab produced) by holyghost(m): 5:03pm On Oct 19, 2005
@nferyn 2 man and woman makes the case for Gay produced baby if only a man cell did all the show.

3. It is theoretically possible to do that with identical twins as well (not so possible as the cell must mature and then cultured before cloning take place)
Re: Can You Marry a Human Clone? (lab produced) by holyghost(m): 5:13pm On Oct 19, 2005
@WesleyanA i told the forum to give reason(s) for or against their wish to marry or not to marry

E.g I will not marry a clone for it is morally and biblicaly wrong for now!

not just yes i will marry or i'll never marry a clone kind of thing

keep the answers coming i will be back soon with some shocking details...untill then which side is your side?
Re: Can You Marry a Human Clone? (lab produced) by nferyn(m): 8:26pm On Oct 19, 2005
holyghost:

@nferyn 2 man and woman makes the case for Gay produced baby if only a man cell did all the show.

I honestly don't know what you mean with this? There is no sexual reproduction involved in cloning, neither hetero nor home

holyghost:

3. It is theoretically possible to do that with identical twins as well (not so possible as the cell must mature and then cultured before cloning take place)

I don't think this has ever been done before - as there is absolutely no reason to do so - but it should be possible to extract one of the two parts of the split fertislised egg cell just after they are split. The only problem would be to detect at this early stage whether or not we're talking about twins. Anyway, it's not really relevant as I can see absolutely no reason to do so;
Re: Can You Marry a Human Clone? (lab produced) by nferyn(m): 8:36pm On Oct 19, 2005
holyghost:

@WesleyanA i told the forum to give reason(s) for or against their wish to marry or not to marry

E.g I will not marry a clone for it is morally and biblicaly wrong for now!

not just yes i will marry or i'll never marry a clone kind of thing

keep the answers coming i will be back soon with some shocking details...untill then which side is your side?

It is very unlikely they will produce human clones any time soon for several reasons, both medical, ethical and technological.
Anyway, let's just assume human clones are already produced. Under that condition, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to treat these clones any different from other human beings. They are unique individuals with all the characteristics humans have - no difference.

The only reason I could imagine is a general yuck-factor, an emotional, instinctual response to something that the cloned individual has no part, nor fault in.

This would be pure discrimination on par with the ungliest forms of ignorant knee-jerk racism.
Re: Can You Marry a Human Clone? (lab produced) by goodguy(m): 9:00pm On Oct 19, 2005
I cant get married to something created by a human being.
Re: Can You Marry a Human Clone? (lab produced) by nferyn(m): 9:09pm On Oct 19, 2005
goodguy:

I can't get married to something created by a human being.

Why?

We have been tinkering with life since we set foot on this planet - dogs, cows, chicken, pigs, horses, goats, etc are not exactly natural wild animals. They have been created by humans through selective breeding. Biotechnology is just making all of this quicker and easier
Re: Can You Marry a Human Clone? (lab produced) by holyghost(m): 9:46am On Oct 20, 2005
nferyn:

Why?

We have been tinkering with life since we set foot on this planet - dogs, cows, chicken, pigs, horses, goats, etc are not exactly natural wild animals. They have been created by humans through selective breeding. Biotechnology is just making all of this quicker and easier

that's the point on whose authority were men given the go ahead to go into human cloning?
I undertand God said do rule over the beasts n Plants but where HE said man is my plea for answer
Re: Can You Marry a Human Clone? (lab produced) by nferyn(m): 9:54am On Oct 20, 2005
holyghost:

that's the point on whose authority were men given the go ahead to go into human cloning?
I undertand God said do rule over the beasts n Plants but where HE said man is my plea for answer

Let's then just say our opinions diverge. The authority of the Bible is not something I subscribe to. That would be something for another topic, I guess.
Re: Can You Marry a Human Clone? (lab produced) by holyghost(m): 11:58am On Oct 20, 2005
not only the bible we know we were giving this in born Authority rule over beast n plants

for example you may kill ten dogs and born a forest to please ourself and with no guilt but with just an innocent man how do u feel? even if no one is there to ask u why. Mind you dog may kill dog and no wahala or guilt, but can Man kill man and experience total peace? leave the bible out of it for now i too have my plea for some of its contents
Re: Can You Marry a Human Clone? (lab produced) by nferyn(m): 1:55pm On Oct 20, 2005
There is no real authority in nature. We just happen to control most of this planet due to our superior intellect and tool making capabilities. On the other hand we're going way too far in our control of nature. We do not yet know enough about genetics and ecology to rape nature as we do now. Our world may be irreplacably damaged.
Re: Can You Marry a Human Clone? (lab produced) by goodguy(m): 7:00pm On Oct 20, 2005
nferyn:

They have been created by humans through selective breeding. Biotechnology is just making all of this quicker and easier

This is totally different from getting married to one. That's if your fact is even real at all. Selective breeding does not mean the offsprings are created by men. It is still the handi work of the animals involved.
Re: Can You Marry a Human Clone? (lab produced) by nferyn(m): 7:52pm On Oct 20, 2005
Just drop an ordinary pig in the bush and see how well it will fend for itself. Or let some white mice loose and see how well will flourish.
The only real difference with biotechnology is the method, not really the result. Selective breeding is evolution at work, biotech is creation at work;
Re: Can You Marry a Human Clone? (lab produced) by holyghost(m): 9:12pm On Oct 20, 2005
that you meet a beautiful house empty, my brother does not mean the house has no builder(s)
or that you meet a pot at the sea does not mean that it has no owner... it's this simple THIS WORLD HAS A CREATOR(S)

in you evolution theory is true by now will still see monkey getting wiser by the century or babies having some clear cut monkey features like hair/fur or something like that even if by very very low occurrence rates

As a child you may think good things in life are free, but now as adult you know most good things are expensive, you were shocked then you got use to it... that how u will be as soon as u meet your maker.
Re: Can You Marry a Human Clone? (lab produced) by nferyn(m): 11:45pm On Oct 20, 2005
holyghost:

that you meet a beautiful house empty, my brother does not mean the house has no builder(s)
or that you meet a pot at the sea does not mean that it has no owner... it's this simple THIS WORLD HAS A CREATOR(S)
Wouldn't it be wonderful if life were so simple, wouldn't it? Unfortunately your analogies are the ones that are empty

holyghost:

in you evolution theory is true by now will still see monkey getting wiser by the century or babies having some clear cut monkey features like hair/fur or something like that even if by very very low occurrence rates
I have no idea by what twisted logic you come up with these ridiculous claims. Why would these be the case? What element of evolutionary biology (there is no other) leads you to make these statements? Can you explain me, because the evolutionary biology I know makes no such ridiculous claims.

holyghost:

As a child you may think good things in life are free, but now as adult you know most good things are expensive, you were shocked then you got use to it... that how u will be as soon as u meet your maker.
I wish I could just shut of my mind and believe in these fairy tales. O how life would be much easier without having to think for myself. I cannot choose this easy path of compliance, I must think for myself and not let others do the thinking for me.

Now if you have the time to overcome your cognitive dissonance and are willing to read about the arguments of the debate and not try to knock down some ridiculous straw man, you might have a look at the following sources:
http://www.talkorigins.org/origins/faqs.html
and
http://www.iidb.org/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=66 Where you can discuss your objections against evolutionary theory with some active, tenured biologists. They are very patient and usually don't mind explaining mechanisms of evolution. They will expect you to do some studying yourself though if you really want to discuss the issues

Some easier introductions into the evolution theory can be found here:
http://web.archive.org/web/20011201194909/www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Temple/9917/evolution/evolution-for-beginners.html
and here:
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/ (from Berkeley University)

Once you have gone through the basics, I'm willing to have a discussion on the topic and would be glad to share ideas
Re: Can You Marry a Human Clone? (lab produced) by WesleyanA(f): 11:54pm On Oct 20, 2005
i went to a science (biotechnology, human genome) summer program last year and we had a little discussion about this topic.
a lot of people don't agree with the production of human clones. and in one of the student's words (a guy) "it's better the natural way". "sex won't be popular anymore" . . . . .

i'm neutral in this case of whether producing human clones is right or wrong but if you asked me if i could marry one, i'll say "yes" because the opposite of that will make me no worse than a racist.
they're humans and you really wouldn't even be able to tell if they were clones or not unless they told you. what if you never find out you married a clone?
Re: Can You Marry a Human Clone? (lab produced) by nferyn(m): 12:32am On Oct 21, 2005
WesleyanA:

i went to a science (biotechnology, human genome) summer program last year and we had a little discussion about this topic.
a lot of people don't agree with the production of human clones. and in one of the student's words (a guy) "it's better the natural way". "sex won't be popular anymore" . . . . .

i'm neutral in this case of whether producing human clones is right or wrong but if you asked me if i could marry one, i'll say "yes" because the opposite of that will make me no worse than a racist.
they're humans and you really wouldn't even be able to tell if they were clones or not unless they told you. what if you never find out you married a clone?

Exactly, they would be humans, just like us. But we, as fallible humans also have our irrational side that may tell us not to go with someone like that

Now, I am personally against creating human clones to begin with. Mainly - but not only - because the process of cloning is still in it's infancy and I would find it unacceptable to run the risk to have unhealthy of severely handicapped babies just to satisfy our curiosity.
Re: Can You Marry a Human Clone? (lab produced) by holyghost(m): 10:51am On Oct 21, 2005
pls say why u want a clone as ur life partner
Re: Can You Marry a Human Clone? (lab produced) by nferyn(m): 11:19am On Oct 21, 2005
holyghost:

please say why u want a clone as your life partner

I don't particularly want a clone as life partner. I just don't seen any difference between a clone and a 'normal' human being, apart from the way they were conceived. To me not wanting a clone is like not wanting a partner that was born through a cesarean section

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Age Gap And Meeting Boyfriends' Mother For The First Time. / His New Girlfriend He Found On Nairaland Is A Hunch Back / How Will U Feel If Your Gf/wife Tells U Dis!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.