Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,794 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

You Said You Love Me, This Is The Time To Show It, Fayose Tells Hausa Community - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Said You Love Me, This Is The Time To Show It, Fayose Tells Hausa Community (562 Views)

Call Your Youths To Order, Obuah Tells Hausa Community In PH / Aregbesola And Kwankwaso Meet With Hausa Community In Ife (Pictures) / Breaking News: 'i Know I Will Go, But One Apc Lawmaker Will Pay For It', Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Said You Love Me, This Is The Time To Show It, Fayose Tells Hausa Community by Nobody: 9:48am On May 22, 2015
Ado-Ekiti— Governor Ayo Fayose of Ekiti State has imposed a dusk-to-dawn curfew on Ado-Ekiti metropolis

Fayose, who arrived the state late Wednesday evening from Abuja, gave the order while addressing Hausa community at Atikankan area of Ado Ekiti, said the curfew began yesterday evening between 6pm and will last till 6am today.

Fayose equally ordered the security agencies to arrest whoever flouted the order.

He urged the Hausa community to see the whole issue as one of those things, promising that justice will be done in the case.
Ayodele Fayose

Ayodele Fayose

He said: “You said you love me, this is the time you have to show this love. I want to plead with you to submit whatever lethal weapons you have in your possession to the police. And if you refuse to do this, whether you are Yoruba or Hausa, the police will arrest you.

“Nigeria belongs to all of us and for the sake of our country, I plead with you to allow peace to reign.”

The governor boasted that the matter will be thoroughly investigated and those found to be connected with the wanton destruction would be made to face the full weight of the law.

Responding, Chairman of Hausa community in Ekiti State, Alhaji Adamu Imam, appealed to the government for monetary assistance to those whose property were damaged during the crisis.

Imam said the names of the perpetrators of the violent attack had been compiled and will be made available to the governor and security agencies for necessary actions.

Residents of Ado Ekiti were yesterday seen going about their businesses unmolested, while banks, business centres and shops which had closed for business were opened to customers.

However, some shops around the Oja-Oba/ old garage area where most of the damage and looting took place on the day of the mayhem still remained under lock and key at press time.

Police deny casualty figure

Meanwhile, the state Police Command has denied the casualty figure quoted in respect of the violence by some publications.

According to the Police image maker in the state, DSP Alberto Adeyemi, in a statement, “No one died as a result of the violence as of today (yesterday) contrary to reports, only two persons sustained pellet wounds while 22 others sustained various degrees of injuries.

“All the injured were taken to Police clinic in Ado-Ekiti where they are being treated and are responding to treatment.”

Adeyemi urged residents to go about their lawful businesses as enough security arrangement had been made to forestall a recurrence.
Re: You Said You Love Me, This Is The Time To Show It, Fayose Tells Hausa Community by Nobody: 9:50am On May 22, 2015
You are on your own @Fayose tongue tongue
Re: You Said You Love Me, This Is The Time To Show It, Fayose Tells Hausa Community by Acekidc4(m): 9:56am On May 22, 2015
Make this Agbero of a Governor dey Deceive himself!! Make Hausa Show you Love Ba?? Iffahear!!
Re: You Said You Love Me, This Is The Time To Show It, Fayose Tells Hausa Community by Mogidi: 10:03am On May 22, 2015
I want to plead with you to submit whatever lethal weapons you have in your possession to the police. And if you refuse to do this, whether you are Yoruba or Hausa, the police will arrest you.

Hausa no fit flex for Ekiti, they should try Osun.
Re: You Said You Love Me, This Is The Time To Show It, Fayose Tells Hausa Community by cooljude(m): 10:37am On May 22, 2015
make this groups calm down o.

(1) (Reply)

Laptops For Sale Starting From N55,000 On Jumia / What Are Your Expectations From The New Administration? / Four Interesting Facts About Our New President PMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.