Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,810 members, 7,956,070 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:59 PM

Photo: Could This Be The Reason Why Students Of Mathematics Fail Exams? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Photo: Could This Be The Reason Why Students Of Mathematics Fail Exams? (33941 Views)

7 Reasons Why Students Fail WAEC Exams Every Year And How To Avoid Them / 6 Reasons Why Some Students Study Very Hard But Still Fail Exams / Photo : Could This Be The Next Chike Obi, Professor Of Maths? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo: Could This Be The Reason Why Students Of Mathematics Fail Exams? by Dakens(m): 10:55am On May 23, 2015
[quote author=ProfDumbledor post=34006309]My people, is this fair? What can we call this-wickedness or incompetence?[/quote exactly am studying maths in the uni I tell u d truth dey give u easy examples and hard equations to solve
Re: Photo: Could This Be The Reason Why Students Of Mathematics Fail Exams? by tunnary(m): 10:56am On May 23, 2015
Human beings been wicked since d days of cain nd abel. Hw do d teachers expect us to solve d difficult part of it without proper explanation? No wonder majority do nat undestend mathematics. I hate anytin which involves calculation except money
Re: Photo: Could This Be The Reason Why Students Of Mathematics Fail Exams? by chiscodedon(m): 10:57am On May 23, 2015
proudly a Mathematician... the critical thinkers
Re: Photo: Could This Be The Reason Why Students Of Mathematics Fail Exams? by tunnary(m): 10:58am On May 23, 2015
[quote author=Dakens post=34019313][/quote] It is clear wickedness
Re: Photo: Could This Be The Reason Why Students Of Mathematics Fail Exams? by Badosqi(m): 11:01am On May 23, 2015
hehehe.... they think they are wise abi?

Guess what we are wiser!!!!!! grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Photo: Could This Be The Reason Why Students Of Mathematics Fail Exams? by Dakens(m): 11:02am On May 23, 2015
tunnary:

It is clear wickedness
maths dept I my skool be like hell fire no body is smiling
Re: Photo: Could This Be The Reason Why Students Of Mathematics Fail Exams? by hardbody: 11:04am On May 23, 2015
xpac01:
That's why exams can never be true test of a man's intelligence.

Profer a better test method.
Re: Photo: Could This Be The Reason Why Students Of Mathematics Fail Exams? by telad(m): 11:10am On May 23, 2015
d teacher killed d rat and expect the students to kill d elephant. lolsss

1 Like

Re: Photo: Could This Be The Reason Why Students Of Mathematics Fail Exams? by Graccccccccy(f): 11:14am On May 23, 2015
Yes oooo... Dey wud solve simple ones in clas, give difficult ones as assignment and paripari e... D ones dey wud nw giv n exams... Hmm! ll mak u to sweat even wen A.C is on
Re: Photo: Could This Be The Reason Why Students Of Mathematics Fail Exams? by InesQor(m): 11:18am On May 23, 2015
Mathematics is the language of science, and music to the ears of human experience.
Re: Photo: Could This Be The Reason Why Students Of Mathematics Fail Exams? by topygel: 11:19am On May 23, 2015
noblegrex:
I beg ask me I'm tiered o ooo.stupid ways of teaching,so what are we going to skul to learn if we are ask to crack our brain then what's their biz as teachers or lecturers.

After giving you tea and spoon, what else do you want.
must they force your mouth opened?
that's where the purpose comes to play.
Think, think and think

1 Like

Re: Photo: Could This Be The Reason Why Students Of Mathematics Fail Exams? by zubysnook: 11:21am On May 23, 2015
I
Re: Photo: Could This Be The Reason Why Students Of Mathematics Fail Exams? by lukas280(m): 11:25am On May 23, 2015
sickness of the highest order , this can b a suicide mission u no... Na only lazy mathematics teacher dey do dis can thing....
Re: Photo: Could This Be The Reason Why Students Of Mathematics Fail Exams? by 400billionman: 11:29am On May 23, 2015
ProfDumbledor:
My people, is this fair? What can we call this-wickedness or incompetence?

Education in Nigeria is a waste.

After all the stress, you cannot employ that knowledge to earn a living.

What is the essense ?

I think I am going to build a technical school where children from 6yrs old would start undergoing training to earn a living. Nigeria needs CHANGE(not APC type)..
Re: Photo: Could This Be The Reason Why Students Of Mathematics Fail Exams? by pseudonomer: 11:32am On May 23, 2015
I don't see any reason why anyone should fail Secondary school Mathematics. The problem is some people are just lazy. I used Bunday in my 100L... I attempted all the exercises in there and solved about 80%. Attempt to solve all the exercises under each topic in any text book you're working on, take the ones you couldn't solve to a senior, or your teacher. Another, try solving each example on your own.

Mathematics is simple.
Re: Photo: Could This Be The Reason Why Students Of Mathematics Fail Exams? by profbrightuzoma: 11:36am On May 23, 2015
In futo is the same when I did masters in chemical engineering Prof okpala doc effiong was like that I hope futo has sent those men away
Re: Photo: Could This Be The Reason Why Students Of Mathematics Fail Exams? by darex1: 11:55am On May 23, 2015
Though my maths teachers does that too but that made me a hard nut to crack in maths work
Re: Photo: Could This Be The Reason Why Students Of Mathematics Fail Exams? by Alexisu: 11:59am On May 23, 2015
Example no dey hard teacher.

My maths teacher in secondary schl those days always taught us the same topic(bearings) EVERYDAY.

1 Like

Re: Photo: Could This Be The Reason Why Students Of Mathematics Fail Exams? by Jaypea98: 12:06pm On May 23, 2015
benuejosh:
But seriously I wonder how people say maths is difficult. It a matter of understanding, being logical, thinking fast. Ok let's see this
Your third step .How did e come in place of In
Re: Photo: Could This Be The Reason Why Students Of Mathematics Fail Exams? by TahirUsman82(m): 12:08pm On May 23, 2015
Yah ! It can be, because the same thing as My teacher used to do when i was in Secondary school.

1 Like

Re: Photo: Could This Be The Reason Why Students Of Mathematics Fail Exams? by Nobody: 12:09pm On May 23, 2015
ghostwritter:
Mathematics is d most useless subject ever. It made me re-write my SSCE exams 8 times.
**spits on d founders of maths**

Almost everything around you was made possible because of Mathematics!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photo: Could This Be The Reason Why Students Of Mathematics Fail Exams? by martineverest(m): 12:22pm On May 23, 2015
U must be a dullard
ghostwritter:
Mathematics is d most useless subject ever. It made me re-write my SSCE exams 8 times.
**spits on d founders of maths**

1 Like

Re: Photo: Could This Be The Reason Why Students Of Mathematics Fail Exams? by martineverest(m): 12:26pm On May 23, 2015
Yeah..bunday was nice.......dats y i recommend using american textbook for self learning and british textbooks for texting ur knowlege
pseudonomer:
I don't see any reason why anyone should fail Secondary school Mathematics. The problem is some people are just lazy. I used Bunday in my 100L... I attempted all the exercises in there and solved about 80%. Attempt to solve all the exercises under each topic in any text book you're working on, take the ones you couldn't solve to a senior, or your teacher. Another, try solving each example on your own.

Mathematics is simple.
Re: Photo: Could This Be The Reason Why Students Of Mathematics Fail Exams? by InMyOpinion(m): 12:26pm On May 23, 2015
kinibigdeal:
Then you prove this

[size=14pt]This is genius...thumbs up![/size]
Re: Photo: Could This Be The Reason Why Students Of Mathematics Fail Exams? by martineverest(m): 12:29pm On May 23, 2015
Dats mathematical logarithms for u....when want to eliminate 'ln' u introduce 'e' to d other side of the equal sign
Jaypea98:

Your third step .How did e come in place of In
Re: Photo: Could This Be The Reason Why Students Of Mathematics Fail Exams? by mikkyword(m): 12:41pm On May 23, 2015
ladyteska:
You are very correct.... na when i been see waec questions naim i know say them neva teach me maths....VERY unfair

Its like mathematics was very angry at u in ur waec!!!!!
Re: Photo: Could This Be The Reason Why Students Of Mathematics Fail Exams? by mikkyword(m): 12:43pm On May 23, 2015
Graccccccccy:
Yes oooo... Dey wud solve simple ones in clas, give difficult ones as assignment and paripari e... D ones dey wud nw giv n exams... Hmm! ll mak u to sweat even wen A.C is on

But I was told u are in genius in mathematics!! Lol.
Re: Photo: Could This Be The Reason Why Students Of Mathematics Fail Exams? by mikkyword(m): 12:46pm On May 23, 2015
Pheals:
That exam question

in which occupation will i apply it to when i reach employment age

I wonder oo. I am still finding where to apply mine. Probability tree diagram. Lol
Re: Photo: Could This Be The Reason Why Students Of Mathematics Fail Exams? by Nobody: 1:51pm On May 23, 2015
ladyteska:
You are very correct.... na when i been see waec questions naim i know say them neva teach me maths....VERY unfair
You dey Dia wallahi
Re: Photo: Could This Be The Reason Why Students Of Mathematics Fail Exams? by olaezekalonge(m): 2:02pm On May 23, 2015
Princecalm:
they always want us to rack our brains.
Princecalm:
[color=blue]they always want us to rack our brains.
[/color]
Princecalm:
they always want us to rack our brains.

VERY TRUE!
Re: Photo: Could This Be The Reason Why Students Of Mathematics Fail Exams? by skytreader(m): 2:05pm On May 23, 2015
Once I realized this as far back as when I was in JSS 2 or so, I knew what I had to do. There was no way math could come into Constitutional Law or Evidence! The closest I came was in the Law of Taxation and it was only used to explain, it didn't show up in exams!
Re: Photo: Could This Be The Reason Why Students Of Mathematics Fail Exams? by Cryxtal(f): 2:18pm On May 23, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:
Pure mathematics is, in its way, the poetry of logical ideas.
I tell u. Maths remains my best subject till date

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osun State University Uses Chelsea And Man City Match As An Exam Question / Itodo Anthony Samuel Listed Among Top 50 Teachers In The World / Differences Between "In Time" And "On Time"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.