Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,263 members, 7,818,891 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Professor Dora Akunyili's Last Public Speech (Madam Honesty) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Professor Dora Akunyili's Last Public Speech (Madam Honesty) (26649 Views)

Dora Akunyili: 3 Years After Her Death / Dora Akunyili Had The Highest Number Of Awards In Nigeria / Chidiogo Akunyili Mimics Her Mother, Dora Akunyili's Posture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor Dora Akunyili's Last Public Speech (Madam Honesty) by Ay92(m): 4:28pm On May 23, 2015
robosky02:
her last public picture...
showing visible signs of a sick woman, before her death.
This last picture of her is so scary
Re: Professor Dora Akunyili's Last Public Speech (Madam Honesty) by ajayiopy: 5:02pm On May 23, 2015
She would have been a good tool in this administration
Re: Professor Dora Akunyili's Last Public Speech (Madam Honesty) by PhilipTosin(m): 5:42pm On May 23, 2015
I was moved to tears by her death because we share the same birthday & I already had plans to meet her one day...the only celebrity death that pained me mostly.. I believe she already pass the baton to us by her legacy

1 Like

Re: Professor Dora Akunyili's Last Public Speech (Madam Honesty) by xtervaganza(m): 6:05pm On May 23, 2015
robosky02:

it was certainly the love for the country
bad decision then
Re: Professor Dora Akunyili's Last Public Speech (Madam Honesty) by olayincar(m): 6:15pm On May 23, 2015
robosky02:
Dora in colours

Some of the awards Prof. Akunyili received in her lifetime were:

Time Magazine Award 2006( "One of the eighteen heroes of our time"wink- Time Magazine Inc.

Person of the Year 2005 Award – Silverbird Communications Ltd, Lagos, 5 January 2006

Award of Excellence – Integrated World Services (IWS), Dec. 2005

Award of Excellence – Advocacy for Democracy Dividends International, Lagos, 17 December 2005

Meritorious Award 2005 – St. Michael's Military Catholic Church, Apapa, Lagos, 4 December 2005

African Virtuous and Entrepreneurial Women Merit Award 2005 – African Biographical Network, Dec. 2005

Award for the Best Government Parastatal – National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS), December 2005

An Icon of Excellence Award – The African Cultural Institute and Zenith Bank Plc, 8 December 2005

2005 Grassroots Human Rights Campaigner Award London Based Human Rights Defense Organization. 8 December 2005

Most Innovative Director Award Federal Government College, Ijanikin, Lagos. Oct. 2005.

Integrity Award 2003 – Transparency International.
thinqs of the world
only jesus can sav
Re: Professor Dora Akunyili's Last Public Speech (Madam Honesty) by prettyboi1(m): 7:38pm On May 23, 2015
I hold this woman so dearly to my heart (even though I didn't know her personally) cos she was a true patriot to Nigeria. I always insist that in my opinion,she's one of the greatest Nigerians to have ever walked on the surface of our nation. God Bless you Dora Akunyili.

God Bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Professor Dora Akunyili's Last Public Speech (Madam Honesty) by supereagle(m): 8:02pm On May 23, 2015
xtervaganza:
I really love this woman but she made me think again when she accepted to be part of confab even when she was clearly very sick.

Could it be greed for money or she loved the country much more than herself
You can only reason with one side of your brain . An opportunity to contribute which GEJ did not permit her to serve as a minister .
Re: Professor Dora Akunyili's Last Public Speech (Madam Honesty) by robosky02(m): 8:02pm On May 23, 2015
jlo247:
A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.”
I took that from late prof Dora Akunyili
Re: Professor Dora Akunyili's Last Public Speech (Madam Honesty) by robosky02(m): 8:04pm On May 23, 2015
supereagle:

. An opportunity to contribute which GEJ did not permit her to serve as a minister .

she actually left the cabinet to go and contest... in Anambra state
Re: Professor Dora Akunyili's Last Public Speech (Madam Honesty) by Whynotthetruth(m): 8:25pm On May 23, 2015
mohisi:
Gen Buhari discovered this great woman

Big lie...stop deceiving people...

1 Like

Re: Professor Dora Akunyili's Last Public Speech (Madam Honesty) by veesion: 9:51pm On May 23, 2015
xtervaganza:
I really love this woman but she made me think again when she accepted to be part of confab even when she was clearly very sick.

Could it be greed for money or she loved the country much more than herself
If it were to be 4 money you should Hve known,this woman has evidence and historic proof of not being moved by money,for eg an average nija civil servant to return 12k Euro,only very few persons can do such jst like the Lagos airport cleaner who returnd millions recently
Re: Professor Dora Akunyili's Last Public Speech (Madam Honesty) by 989900: 10:39pm On May 23, 2015
There is hardly any Nigerian public office holder (male/female, dead/alive), that I respect as much as this woman.

This what providence should have given us as Petroleum/Finance/Power minister, not those crooks!
Re: Professor Dora Akunyili's Last Public Speech (Madam Honesty) by FLIXTRIMES: 4:51pm On May 26, 2015
she was a good woman to the point where she joined the PDP.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Things Saraki Said During 2018 Budget Presentation / Crisis Over Revenue Collection Turns Bloody In Kogi, Properties Destroyed.Photos / Soludo Hails Buhari As 2nd Niger Bridge Renames To Muhammadu Buhari Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.