Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,608 members, 7,958,845 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 05:36 AM

Professor Dora Akunyili's Last Public Speech (Madam Honesty) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Professor Dora Akunyili's Last Public Speech (Madam Honesty) (26914 Views)

Dora Akunyili: 3 Years After Her Death / Dora Akunyili Had The Highest Number Of Awards In Nigeria / Chidiogo Akunyili Mimics Her Mother, Dora Akunyili's Posture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor Dora Akunyili's Last Public Speech (Madam Honesty) by Holyfield1(m): 1:43pm On May 23, 2015
[/color]
robosky02:
Prof. Dora Akunyili in her son’s wedding, Dr Edozie Akunyili’s .

Dora and Diezani alison-madueke

cc: Lalasticlala
[color=#770077]The man beside Madueke be like ''Chai! This woman must be evil''
Re: Professor Dora Akunyili's Last Public Speech (Madam Honesty) by Kingkamal(m): 1:44pm On May 23, 2015
Buhari is the 1st person to recommend her for OBJ. He made her reach that height
Re: Professor Dora Akunyili's Last Public Speech (Madam Honesty) by abimbawealth(f): 1:45pm On May 23, 2015
This babe sha...
Re: Professor Dora Akunyili's Last Public Speech (Madam Honesty) by MissDetermined: 1:46pm On May 23, 2015
"Late Prof.Dora Akunyili

God bless her soul ,I admire her strength,passion and enthusiasm! She
came up with the "Nigeria,Good people,great
nation" slogan,she believed in a better Nigeria and
demonstrated that through her actions...its sad
she's not here (and never will be).

I remember the last I saw of her,a picture
she snapped during the national conference and I remember saying this can't be Dora! She was just a
shadow of her old self...I silently prayed that
whatever was eating Dora up will stop already but
Alas!!! My prayer was late....

A lot of people will remember Dora for different
reasons,I know I'll always remember her as a
woman who stood for what she believed in,who
worked hard and left her footprints on the sand of
time,I'm indeed lucky she graced this earth during
my time ...she was a heroine and a rare
gem...she had family,career,wealth and fame! Yes
she had it all!...so the next time people who write
"pathetic stories" of women who supposedly didn't
have it all,I hope they'll be kind enough to tell
us about Dora, Dora Akunyili who had it all...rest
on mother!"

She Lives on...

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Professor Dora Akunyili's Last Public Speech (Madam Honesty) by GodwinTobi(m): 1:46pm On May 23, 2015
a great loss..... a woman in her prime.....
Re: Professor Dora Akunyili's Last Public Speech (Madam Honesty) by Pchinak: 1:47pm On May 23, 2015
The mirror of Learning. A woman of Substance. Rest in Peace. We miss you.
Re: Professor Dora Akunyili's Last Public Speech (Madam Honesty) by ednut1(m): 1:48pm On May 23, 2015
Baawaa:
Those who killed this woman,will not no peace
Cancer killed her. and stop being dramatic. a great woman, who is d nafdac boss now?
Re: Professor Dora Akunyili's Last Public Speech (Madam Honesty) by skinpok: 1:49pm On May 23, 2015
RIP
Re: Professor Dora Akunyili's Last Public Speech (Madam Honesty) by robosky02(m): 1:49pm On May 23, 2015
last year
Njideka Akunyili Crosby (pictured), the daughter of the late Dora Akunyili, won the Smithsonian American Art Museum’s 2014 James Dicke Prize (Facebook)

Njideka Akunyili Crosby receive a cash prize of $25,000 (N4,442,493.70) along with the award which “recognizes an artist younger than 50 who has produced a significant body of work and consistently demonstrates exceptional creativity.”

who says intelligence cant be transferd?

1 Like

Re: Professor Dora Akunyili's Last Public Speech (Madam Honesty) by Nobody: 1:50pm On May 23, 2015
I miss this lady, embarassed

Go on great woman, for the light your life left behind shall be forever blinding

Remembered always and fondly
Re: Professor Dora Akunyili's Last Public Speech (Madam Honesty) by robosky02(m): 1:51pm On May 23, 2015
MissDetermined:
"Late Prof.Dora Akunyili

God bless her soul ,

A lot of people will remember Dora for different
reasons,I know I'll always remember her as a
woman who stood for what she believed in,who
worked hard and left her footprints on the sand of
time,I'm indeed lucky she graced this earth during
my time ...she was a heroine and a rare
gem...she had family,career,wealth and fame! Yes
she had it all!...so the next time people who write
"pathetic stories" of women who supposedly didn't
have it all ,I hope they'll be kind enough to tell
us about Dora, Dora Akunyili who had it all...rest
on mother!"

She Lives on...
Re: Professor Dora Akunyili's Last Public Speech (Madam Honesty) by boma95(f): 1:55pm On May 23, 2015
I pray for a selfless and dedicated spirit
My role model
She's gone
But her legacy remains
Sleep on ma'am
We pray for more women like you
Continue to rest in the bossom of the lord.....

3 Likes

Re: Professor Dora Akunyili's Last Public Speech (Madam Honesty) by robosky02(m): 1:58pm On May 23, 2015
DO YOU REMEMBER HER SLOGAL?

"NIGERIA, GOOD PEOPLE, GREAT NATION"

Rebranding Nigeria hope we keep it alive

1 Like

Re: Professor Dora Akunyili's Last Public Speech (Madam Honesty) by BlackBaron: 1:59pm On May 23, 2015
An icon...great woman. Did a lot at NAFDAC
Wish she was still alive.

She could have done a few bits to the incoming administration.
Re: Professor Dora Akunyili's Last Public Speech (Madam Honesty) by Brytawon(m): 2:00pm On May 23, 2015
I really don't know what to say cos this mama was someone I love with every last blood in my system. Seeing her last photo during the CONFAB almost led me to tears. That photo tells me of how it all ended and I only wish we still have her in this nation. A woman who fought for the unity, peace and progress of this nation. A wonderful woman who was truthful, obedient, trustworthy, faithful, sincere, patriotic, respectful and all the great qualities you can hardly find in a Nigerian as she served her nation diligently. Words cannot express how much I respect the one I refer to as 'The New Face of Nigeria' but I know my heart says it all. Mama, rest on!!!

5 Likes

Re: Professor Dora Akunyili's Last Public Speech (Madam Honesty) by robosky02(m): 2:01pm On May 23, 2015
BlackBaron:
An icon...great woman
Wish she was still alive.

She could have done a few bits to the incoming administration.

yea because Buhari liked this woman a lot an even recommended her to Obasanjo

1 Like

Re: Professor Dora Akunyili's Last Public Speech (Madam Honesty) by Jman06(m): 2:01pm On May 23, 2015
Was in her village last week. Saw her portraits in front of her mansion, remembered all about her and was almost moved to tears.

Truth is, she was just a rare gem.

Rest on ma'am!
Re: Professor Dora Akunyili's Last Public Speech (Madam Honesty) by baybeeboi: 2:02pm On May 23, 2015
may Her soul rest in peace.
Re: Professor Dora Akunyili's Last Public Speech (Madam Honesty) by dotna(m): 2:09pm On May 23, 2015
boma95:
I pray for a selfless and dedicated spirit
My role model
She's gone
But her legacy remains
Sleep on ma'am
We pray for more women like you
Continue to rest in the bossom of the lord.....

*fighting tears* I knew what it was like taking fake drug during those days and praying to God for healing. I thank God for everything.

Still believe in Nigeria as good people & a great nation
Re: Professor Dora Akunyili's Last Public Speech (Madam Honesty) by boma95(f): 2:12pm On May 23, 2015
dotna:

*fighting tears* I knew what it was like taking fake drug and paying to God for healing during those days. I thank God for everything.

God has a way of saving he's own
He should be praised wink
Re: Professor Dora Akunyili's Last Public Speech (Madam Honesty) by dotna(m): 2:18pm On May 23, 2015
boma95:

God has a way of saving he's own
He should be praised wink

Yes & forever

1 Like

Re: Professor Dora Akunyili's Last Public Speech (Madam Honesty) by ddude: 2:23pm On May 23, 2015
How I wish people stop using her pictures when she was sick. It nearly made me cry
Re: Professor Dora Akunyili's Last Public Speech (Madam Honesty) by Nogodye(m): 2:49pm On May 23, 2015
“A society grows great when old men plant trees whose
shade they know they shall never sit in.” Like it happen to her... .Woman of Valour....

1 Like

Re: Professor Dora Akunyili's Last Public Speech (Madam Honesty) by babaowo: 2:50pm On May 23, 2015
Baawaa:
Those who killed this woman,will not no peace
... AMEN!!! Insha Jesus!!!
Re: Professor Dora Akunyili's Last Public Speech (Madam Honesty) by Zonacom(m): 2:55pm On May 23, 2015
Rest on mama.
I so love and respect this woman. I can remember the first and only time i saw her; 2011, at St Joseph the worker catholic chaplaincy in Awka, when she came campaigning for the senatorial seat of Anambra central. I voted her and wished she won.
Anambra and Nigeria will miss you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Professor Dora Akunyili's Last Public Speech (Madam Honesty) by Inyinese(m): 2:59pm On May 23, 2015
Working and champion for one Nigeria caused your death could it be that you know, you for fight for Biafra till today you for be alive let others lean a lesions from your mistake rest in peace
Re: Professor Dora Akunyili's Last Public Speech (Madam Honesty) by Nobody: 3:03pm On May 23, 2015
robosky02:
Dora in colours

Some of the awards Prof. Akunyili received in her lifetime were:

Time Magazine Award 2006( "One of the eighteen heroes of our time"wink- Time Magazine Inc.

Person of the Year 2005 Award – Silverbird Communications Ltd, Lagos, 5 January 2006

Award of Excellence – Integrated World Services (IWS), Dec. 2005

Award of Excellence – Advocacy for Democracy Dividends International, Lagos, 17 December 2005

Meritorious Award 2005 – St. Michael's Military Catholic Church, Apapa, Lagos, 4 December 2005

African Virtuous and Entrepreneurial Women Merit Award 2005 – African Biographical Network, Dec. 2005

Award for the Best Government Parastatal – National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS), December 2005

An Icon of Excellence Award – The African Cultural Institute and Zenith Bank Plc, 8 December 2005

2005 Grassroots Human Rights Campaigner Award London Based Human Rights Defense Organization. 8 December 2005

Most Innovative Director Award Federal Government College, Ijanikin, Lagos. Oct. 2005.

Integrity Award 2003 – Transparency International.

Over 600 awards.

1 Like

Re: Professor Dora Akunyili's Last Public Speech (Madam Honesty) by Nobody: 3:05pm On May 23, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
I'm sorry, but av said it, and I will repeat it again, and this time, I am not sorry..

the eastern part will remain I'm oblivion...the good ones are always destroyed both politically and physically... but the bad ones are the one celebrated.

for example: where is Donald, soludo, Dora, tam David west?

but talk of odua, jona, PEJ, and so on
..dem be celebrity

Your really senseless sha.

1 Like

Re: Professor Dora Akunyili's Last Public Speech (Madam Honesty) by jlo247(m): 3:14pm On May 23, 2015
robosky02:

she was a woman that believe NIGERIA will work

"The founding fathers of Nigeria had a dream of building a united, prosperous, and developed nation state where social justice reigns. We also have to continue to dream because once we stopped dreaming then life is gone.
In conclusion, I am convinced that Nigeria will work and fulfil its destiny."

she believed in excellence and professionalism. like the NAFDAC project.

what can you take from her life stand.

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.” I took this

Re: Professor Dora Akunyili's Last Public Speech (Madam Honesty) by islandmoon: 3:14pm On May 23, 2015
Great woman, the type we need in government not like stella oduah, I will always respect her anytime any day.
Re: Professor Dora Akunyili's Last Public Speech (Madam Honesty) by jlo247(m): 3:26pm On May 23, 2015
A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.”
I took that from late prof Dora Akunyili

1 Like

Re: Professor Dora Akunyili's Last Public Speech (Madam Honesty) by adconline(m): 4:20pm On May 23, 2015
opwir:
She's an Hero
A hero or Shero! "H" is not silent. Quit writing English in your native tongue.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Umaru Musa Yar'adua's 69th Posthumous Birthday Is Today / Sagay: "Saraki, Dogara’s Allowances, An Explosive Issue, Will Blow Up Nigeria" / Magu Writes Ayo Salami Panel, Responds To 15 ‘allegations’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.