Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,723 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

The Best University Produced A Nigerian, The Youngest PHD Holder In Africa. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Best University Produced A Nigerian, The Youngest PHD Holder In Africa. (783 Views)

Abbah Kyari Becomes The Youngest Assistant Commissioner Of Police In Nigeria / Meet The Youngest Wife Of Alaafin Of Oyo, She’s Extremely Beautiful! / Meet The Youngest Minister Nigeria Has Ever Had [see Photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Best University Produced A Nigerian, The Youngest PHD Holder In Africa. by Ritchiee: 1:35pm On May 23, 2015
The Youngest Ph.D holder In Africa

Clement Ejiofor,

The youngest PhD in Mathematics on the African continent has emerged in the University of Lagos (UNILAG) on June 11, 2014, Wednesday.

UNILAG Produced The Youngest Ph.D holder In Africa

* Phenomenal 24-year-old Dr Olaoluwa Hallowed Oluwadara. Photo credit – Hallowed Oluwadara Facebook

Ekiti-State-born Olaoluwa Hallowed Oluwadara set a new academic record and bagged the award of UNILAG postgraduate school overall best graduating student.

* Oluwadara was able to finish the programme within the three years of stipulated period. Photo credit – osteelztv.com

The 24-year-old scholar was shining with smiles, as he got on the podium to collect his award. He said his achievement was not only “a personal triumph but a triumph of Mathematics as a useful subject of study in Nigeria.”

* Oluwadara at the convocation ceremony. Photo credit – nigzent.info

Prof Obinna Chukwu, the Dean of the UNILAG Postgraduate school, introduced the young man and his achievements, which amazed everyone taking to consideration the graduate’s age.

The new Doctor bagged a B.Sc. degree in Mathematics in 2007, graduating the Universite de Bangui, Central African Republic, with 1st Class honours.

He ran his degree in Mathematics in parallel with studying Physics. Olaoluwa got a 1st class honours degree in Physics in the same year.

He added a M.Sc. in Mathematics (Pure Option) and also Physics (Distinction) at the age of 18 in 2008 before embarking on his doctorate journey.

The young genius had the best Ph.D thesis. He displaced Olabisi Adeyemi, who had graduated from the same institution with 4.98 in 2012 at the age of 26, and Opeyemi Shodipe of Babcock University, who also graduated in 2012 at 25.

On the second day of UNILAG convocation ceremonies 105 Ph.D. students, one M.Phil., 4,380 M.Sc. and 335 PGD students have graduated.
The young genius had the best Ph.D thesis. He displaced Olabisi Adeyemi, who had graduated from the same institution with 4.98 in 2012 at the age of 26, and Opeyemi Shodipe of Babcock University, who also graduated in 2012 at 25.He is the youngest African to bag a PHD...[url][/url]http://www.naij.com/68158.html
Re: The Best University Produced A Nigerian, The Youngest PHD Holder In Africa. by Acekidc4(m): 2:00pm On May 23, 2015
Me go displace all of them when I become a Phd holder and a Professor at the Age of 22!! Watch Out for Me!!
Re: The Best University Produced A Nigerian, The Youngest PHD Holder In Africa. by MrRichy(m): 2:13pm On May 23, 2015
Thumbs up to the guy... E no easy

(1) (Reply)

‘I Belong To Everybody And I Belong To Nobody’ / I Belong To Everybody & I Belong To Nobody: Joke / NDLEA Applies For Buruji’ S Extradition To US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.