Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,587 members, 7,840,404 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Senate Presidency: Saraki, Lawan’s Ambition Divides APC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Presidency: Saraki, Lawan’s Ambition Divides APC (14066 Views)

2019 Presidency: Tinubu Divides Northern Leaders - The Sun / Saraki, Lawan, Dogara, Gbajabiamila Resolve Differences / Senate Presidency: Saraki, Lawan’s Ambition Divides APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Presidency: Saraki, Lawan’s Ambition Divides APC by mrborntodoit: 2:17pm On May 23, 2015
Idrismusty97:
Doesn't mean they can't set an example, after all they have been in power for 16 years.

Dude,PDP is no longer in power,or do you want to tell me that the PDP is currently recruiting political office holders for 2015-2019 (except the few senatorial seats they retained) ?
Re: Senate Presidency: Saraki, Lawan’s Ambition Divides APC by Grahamjnr(m): 2:18pm On May 23, 2015
Who is that idiot that post a nude pix on a thread meant for politics? Seun must give such a fellow a life ban from Nairaland. Coming in contact of this grieves my righteous spirit! The moderators of this thread should be disposed off their duties for such gross incompetence!

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: Saraki, Lawan’s Ambition Divides APC by poiZon: 2:19pm On May 23, 2015
someborrii must win na wen time dn reach!
Re: Senate Presidency: Saraki, Lawan’s Ambition Divides APC by Ymodulus: 2:20pm On May 23, 2015
Typing...

Should this be a concern for worry or should it not be? This I ask myself as am worried as to the House of the North-East not been in order, going by the position of the 12 senators from the zone, rejecting the emergence of Ahmed Lawan as their consensus candidate for the post.

There seem to be a first class lack of cohesion among the North-East senate caucus, this I believe is enough to rub the region of the position.

If the North-East caucus picks Ndume for the office of the senate president, Lawan might rely on the alleged backing by the APC leadership and go ahead with his ambition.

Maybe, the North-East is really not interested in the apex seat of the senate, as their reason for struggle of that seat is of no importance, just escuse of been most devastated by the act of antiterrorism activities in recent times.

Anyway let's see how the battle for the of the gladiator turns out at the Arena, as the other two gladiators ( Saraki Bukola from North -Central and Akume from North Central East ) battles for the seat.

If I will go by the popular term, "united will stand and divided fall" then I do say, Saraki and Akume against each other might give Senator Lawan a upper Hand.

May the best , strongest gladiator have the day
Re: Senate Presidency: Saraki, Lawan’s Ambition Divides APC by mencade6: 2:20pm On May 23, 2015
ishiamu:

G for gej
u were late. I don change am already.
Re: Senate Presidency: Saraki, Lawan’s Ambition Divides APC by Nobody: 2:20pm On May 23, 2015
Come and join me to celebrate d downfall of apc
grin

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: Saraki, Lawan’s Ambition Divides APC by excess4luv: 2:22pm On May 23, 2015
[color=#000099][/color] nigerians are watching, soon we will understand the deceit called GRANGE ......... Power hungry men.

GMB flying out secretly is never going to be the solution because soon he will be reminded that he is the C-in-C of Nigeria and that his movement must be communicated to Nigerians, i wish him well and pray we don't return to the days of military or Godfatherism where Tinubu comes to assume the post of OBJ. Selfish interest against the interest of Nigerians......

Make i relax and watch Pack on 9D screen.

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: Saraki, Lawan’s Ambition Divides APC by steveben7(m): 2:22pm On May 23, 2015
Tinubu is afraid saraki might become too powerful in 2019 being the senate president I pity APC if saraki emerge winner Akume is far better candidate thou wuld av prefer somone who is unknown
Re: Senate Presidency: Saraki, Lawan’s Ambition Divides APC by dotna(m): 2:23pm On May 23, 2015
Saraki might win
Re: Senate Presidency: Saraki, Lawan’s Ambition Divides APC by Kennyfancy(m): 2:23pm On May 23, 2015
searching4lovee:
TINUBU MUST PUT THESE PEOPLE IN CHECK ASAP SO WE CAN FINALLY PASS A BILL TO BAN THE BIAFRAN CRIMINALS AND ALSO DECLARE THE NIGER DELTA OIL AS EVERY REGION'S OIL.
dnt worry, after they sign it, com my community com drill oil, if i nr kill u

3 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: Saraki, Lawan’s Ambition Divides APC by ojobekehinde: 2:24pm On May 23, 2015
Is this how buhari will be running frm fundamental issues?

5 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: Saraki, Lawan’s Ambition Divides APC by ishiamu(m): 2:24pm On May 23, 2015
Dsimple:
o

O for obama
Re: Senate Presidency: Saraki, Lawan’s Ambition Divides APC by ishiamu(m): 2:25pm On May 23, 2015
mencade6:
u were late. I don change am already.

grin
Re: Senate Presidency: Saraki, Lawan’s Ambition Divides APC by abdulkayus(m): 2:30pm On May 23, 2015
Tinubu making the same mistake he did in 2007 when he supported Tambuwal against Hon Mulikat from south west all cos of his selfish interest and my south westerners are accusing GEJ of shunning South west when it was Tinubu that architect that shunning. The same thing is playing out now again, Tinubu supporting a north east instead of a Yoruba man from north central, after now Yoruba ppl wil start shouting that Buhari is discriminating against them. Better shine una eye, Tinubu is only after his own interests.

4 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: Saraki, Lawan’s Ambition Divides APC by HRich(m): 2:32pm On May 23, 2015
ijustdey:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/183506-senate-presidency-saraki-lawans-ambition-divides-apc.html

very soon Apc members will show their true colors. Everybody go soon answer ehm papa name.
Re: Senate Presidency: Saraki, Lawan’s Ambition Divides APC by nsyforreal: 2:32pm On May 23, 2015
searching4lovee:
TINUBU MUST PUT THESE PEOPLE IN CHECK ASAP SO WE CAN FINALLY PASS A BILL TO BAN THE BIAFRAN CRIMINALS AND ALSO DECLARE THE NIGER DELTA OIL AS EVERY REGION'S OIL.

oh oh oh.so its oil you people want.ha ha ha.keep dreaming.

impossicant.if there is any English like that.

no be our generation.
Re: Senate Presidency: Saraki, Lawan’s Ambition Divides APC by iyblaq(m): 2:33pm On May 23, 2015
Their own cup of coffee shocked.
Re: Senate Presidency: Saraki, Lawan’s Ambition Divides APC by Nobody: 2:34pm On May 23, 2015
searching4lovee:
and lagos and kano a no man's land and igbo man president of 9ja 2019 and guess what? its impossible so just relax, biafra is already here! no matter the outcome, biafrans dont care! keep bleeping.
Re: Senate Presidency: Saraki, Lawan’s Ambition Divides APC by shammah1(m): 2:35pm On May 23, 2015
That one no concern me. undecided
Re: Senate Presidency: Saraki, Lawan’s Ambition Divides APC by goodgate: 2:39pm On May 23, 2015
Please who are these people spreading lies, Buhari went to london to visit David Cameron,and besides there is no division in APC, Sen.Lawan stands more chance of clinching the seat than Saraki.

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: Saraki, Lawan’s Ambition Divides APC by akins56(m): 2:42pm On May 23, 2015
Firefire:
George Akume (born 27 December 1953) served as the Governor of Benue State from 1999 to 2007. He is the first Executive Governor of Benue State to have completed two terms in office. He was elected governor of Benue State on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party and was then elected to the Senate .

29 May 1999 – 29 May 2007 - PDP.

Abubakar Bukola Saraki (born 19 December 1962) is a senator for Kwara, Nigeria. He was elected in the April 2011 elections, having previously served two terms in office as governor of Kwara State under PDP..

29 May 2003 – 29 May 2011.

The two human beings fighting as Progressive for leadership of the Senate are part and parcel of PDP.

Where is the CHANGE ?
what about lawan ?
Re: Senate Presidency: Saraki, Lawan’s Ambition Divides APC by belente(m): 2:43pm On May 23, 2015
well, looking at APC with my tools
Re: Senate Presidency: Saraki, Lawan’s Ambition Divides APC by Nobody: 2:43pm On May 23, 2015
They are fighting for South East position
QUALITY 26" PHILIPS LCD TV WITH CABLE AND REMOTE CONTROL, IMPORTED FROM LONDON UK. IT WORKS PERFECTLY AND ALMOST LIKE BRAND NEW ONE @ 26K. CONTACT 08159036341. LOCATION IKOTUN
Re: Senate Presidency: Saraki, Lawan’s Ambition Divides APC by charlesucheh(m): 2:47pm On May 23, 2015
Akume still remains the most suitable candidates following his maturity and compotment in ensuring that the change Nigerians have always clamoured for was made manifest in Nigeria, North-central and Benue state in particular, I believe with the aforementioned he will make a Good and viable senate president without intimidation.
Re: Senate Presidency: Saraki, Lawan’s Ambition Divides APC by Cossette: 3:07pm On May 23, 2015
APC needs to get their act together, if this continues people will soon start getting disenchanted. We expect change not more of the same
Re: Senate Presidency: Saraki, Lawan’s Ambition Divides APC by bababuff(m): 3:13pm On May 23, 2015
Dsimple:
why is Tinubu so calous and heartless like this?
Yes we appreciate u for dealing excessively with that clown from otueke, but u shouldn't impost a leader on us. the SENATE President is d duty of d SENATORS to elect among themselves nt u choosing for them.
My candid advice to d President elect is to jail this bastard and let Nigeria move forward.
Jail Him alongside GEJ, ALLISON MADUEKE, IWEALA, ALL OF THEM FINISH THEM AND LET MOVE ON.

Hahaha Hahaha Hahaha.

Na so e easy.
Re: Senate Presidency: Saraki, Lawan’s Ambition Divides APC by stigman(m): 3:17pm On May 23, 2015
searching4lovee:

Mumu did you say anything
Re: Senate Presidency: Saraki, Lawan’s Ambition Divides APC by 3ace(m): 3:25pm On May 23, 2015
Interesting. It seems GMB is a man of his word and he's going to fight corruption like he promised. When he told them that he was not going to interfere and influence the nomination of the leadership of the senate, insisting he will work with anybody who emerges Senate president, they thought he was joking. Now it is becoming clearer the kind of president Nigerians voted for.
Re: Senate Presidency: Saraki, Lawan’s Ambition Divides APC by Nobody: 3:53pm On May 23, 2015
Let the best man win!
Re: Senate Presidency: Saraki, Lawan’s Ambition Divides APC by HARDDON: 4:12pm On May 23, 2015
dre11:

Good move by the President to stay away from this muddling politics

Muhammadu Buhari, left the country for the United Kingdom Friday, without the knowledge of most party leaders, because he was under tremendous pressure to adopt a candidate for the Senate Presidency.

I think try b0k0hary didn't learn anything from ibb undoing him back then.

Running away when ur house is on fire is just gross n unbecoming of a leader. Supreme case of cluelessn3ss

The pressure hasn't even started n he is running already? Arrh!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osun 2018: Senator Adeleke, Extends Hand OF FELLOWSHIP TO ALL CONTESTANTS / Jonathan’s Book, “My Transition Hours” To Cost N10,500 / Rochas Okorocha: Igbos Cannot Make Presidency Alone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.