Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,777 members, 7,820,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

Ladies, How Do You Feel About Collecting Stuff From Guys? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, How Do You Feel About Collecting Stuff From Guys? (2140 Views)

Ladies, How Do You Feel About Men With Stretch Marks? / Boyfriend Shaves Her Eyebrows Over Compliments From Guys At The Club / Funny Reasons Nigerian Ladies Turn Down Marriage Proposal From Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies, How Do You Feel About Collecting Stuff From Guys? by safarigirl(f): 10:34am On May 24, 2015
By 'stuff' I mean anything from money to gifts and favours, especially from guys who have either indictaed their interests in you or had the intention to.

Personally, I don't like.getting stuff I know I can't repay. If i'm in a tight situation and I have to borrow, it has to be money I can repay short term. I tend to feel indebted to guys who help me out, feeling indebted means I have to be nice to them even if I don't particularly like them. So I find myself doing stuff I would rather not do just because said guy asks

That feeling is highly unwelcome for me, hence i'd rather not collect anything I can't repay from a dude

So ladies, what about you? Do you have a 'take no prisoners' theory or you're more like me?

1 Like

Re: Ladies, How Do You Feel About Collecting Stuff From Guys? by Nobody: 10:36am On May 24, 2015
fine
Re: Ladies, How Do You Feel About Collecting Stuff From Guys? by haibe(m): 10:37am On May 24, 2015
If u don't like them.. no need collecting from them because nothing is free

1 Like

Re: Ladies, How Do You Feel About Collecting Stuff From Guys? by Nobody: 10:37am On May 24, 2015
seriously I was beginning to think about this...

I don't know if it's just in you ladies blood to suck guys dry.. ..

My friend is still in coma as we speak just cuz he broke up with his girlfriend but unfortunately she still had the keys to his house. .. She came in when he wasn't around and stole all his gallons of fuel. .. Poor guy grin

EricRichie
Re: Ladies, How Do You Feel About Collecting Stuff From Guys? by haibe(m): 10:37am On May 24, 2015
Taylor86:
fine
I don't get?.
Re: Ladies, How Do You Feel About Collecting Stuff From Guys? by Nobody: 10:41am On May 24, 2015
Not all guys expected something back from a lady when ever they render an helping hand.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, How Do You Feel About Collecting Stuff From Guys? by TheRealAdonye(m): 10:43am On May 24, 2015
sameer1212:
Not all guys expected something back from a lady when ever they render an helping hand.
Re: Ladies, How Do You Feel About Collecting Stuff From Guys? by safarigirl(f): 10:43am On May 24, 2015
haibe:
If u don't like them.. no need collecting from them because nothing is free
my theory exactly.

I have this really close friend of mine that offered me 5k when I was deadbroke last semester, and I told him I wouldn't take it because he indicated interest in me the sememster before and as much as I thought him cool, I just didn't like him like that.

Now, collecting that money, which i'm sure I wouldn't have been able to repay, would've meant me being indebted to him and being nice on default. It's not worth the headache at all.

My sisters though, thought it was d-umb to reject money when I needed it and i'm sure many girls would agree with them

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, How Do You Feel About Collecting Stuff From Guys? by ireneony(f): 10:45am On May 24, 2015
i feel nothing..
most times i dont even ask for gift or money from guys so why shud i feel indebted wen i 'm given money or gift....my sister i dont feel indebted to them.
Re: Ladies, How Do You Feel About Collecting Stuff From Guys? by Tallesty1(m): 10:46am On May 24, 2015
sameer1212:
Exactly. Some give because they feel better when they give but it becomes pretty annoying and could push you to do things when the lady start 4ming smart and taking you for a fool.
Re: Ladies, How Do You Feel About Collecting Stuff From Guys? by safarigirl(f): 10:49am On May 24, 2015
sameer1212:
it's not what they expect that matters. It's values. More guys would apreciate a girl that doesn't let them squander their money than one who jumps at the first sight of a note.

Anyway, it's just a personal thing for me. It's exactly because of guys like you mentioned that girls decide to take undue advantage of their generosity....

This male friend of mine is always getting stuff for girls from shawarma to food and drinks. These are girls that only talk to him at night when no one they know is around, only to blatantly ignore him by day, and he KEEPS buying them stuff. Where is the justice?

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, How Do You Feel About Collecting Stuff From Guys? by loomer: 10:49am On May 24, 2015
If them give u, u collect. But no de call dem maga because some de do am with free mind
Re: Ladies, How Do You Feel About Collecting Stuff From Guys? by Nobody: 10:52am On May 24, 2015
haibe:
I don't get?.

are u a learner?

dem no dey book space for ur community?
Re: Ladies, How Do You Feel About Collecting Stuff From Guys? by agarawu23(m): 10:55am On May 24, 2015
you must be kidding me undecided

I hardly give my cash to ladies, I know be father Christmas.

Not to give them (ladies) money is the problem but the name "maga" they will tag u with is the issue sad

if you aren't my babe that I am bleeping, forget shiiit. not even #100 recharge card grin

1 Like

Re: Ladies, How Do You Feel About Collecting Stuff From Guys? by ronald4lif(m): 10:55am On May 24, 2015
When a guy has made his interest known towards a girl, it's undesirable for her to collect gifts and money from him. Whether the girl likes him or not, he's likely to misconstrue her actions for interest and that she's just playing the initial hard to get game but would later succumb. When you have no interest in him, distance yourself from his money biko.
Re: Ladies, How Do You Feel About Collecting Stuff From Guys? by Nobody: 10:56am On May 24, 2015
Tallesty1:
Exactly. Some give because they feel better when they give but it becomes pretty annoying and could push you to do things when the lady start 4ming smart and taking you for a fool.
Yeah that's true. Some ladies took generosity as foolishness but still he shouldn't stop some one from rending an helping hand when is necessary. I strongly believe GIVERS NEVER LACK.
Re: Ladies, How Do You Feel About Collecting Stuff From Guys? by mrkels(m): 11:02am On May 24, 2015
You are a good person.

Some girls are demons.

They just feel since they are having sex with you, you are to be responsible for their welfare. Very daft mentality some have.

I remember my last gf, the reason for our break-up was money issue if you ask me. Her last birthday party I spent over 80k there and after the party she was still asking for money to settle some bills. I was amazed. Could you believe that day the manager at the lounge said the total bill was close to 500k just for a party?

It actually caused a big issue and any ways she still insisted I must pay more to settle the bill which I did but when I transferred the money to her that faithful day I knew we were over and it was only a matter of time before it would be a reality. This was someone I was planning to get married to, we even entered a competition together, this wedding expo competition and we were almost winning.

Any ways that passed and things got better to my surprise, and we continued till then again she said she was no longer interested in our relationship, I got the text in my office that faithful day and you need to see the joy in my face at that moment. For close to a month I didn't even call her to ask about the text she sent because I was so happy and all, but then I started getting some crazy news and calls from her people and that prompted me to contact her.

Now when I did, she said I wasn't even sorry, so I told her sorry, she then said I should issue her a blank cheque from my family's company account and that would make her forgive me. Imagine? A blank cheque? Can you imagine how ladies think?

This was someone I respected back in the days, now asking me to give her money before we come back together, I mean I didn't tell anybody about it because they would think of her as a confirmed OKPO. I mean those ones you see at T lounge warri.
Anyways I told her it would never happen and we have since moved on with our lives since then.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, How Do You Feel About Collecting Stuff From Guys? by snazzy5050(m): 11:02am On May 24, 2015
agarawu23:
you must be kidding me undecided

I hardly give my cash to ladies, I know be father Christmas.

Not to give them (ladies) money is the problem but the name "maga" they will tag u with is the issue sad

if you aren't my baby that I am bleeping, forget shiiit. not even #100 recharge card grin
U advice guyz bleep ur sisiter before they give her #1 naira undecided undecided
Re: Ladies, How Do You Feel About Collecting Stuff From Guys? by Nobody: 11:04am On May 24, 2015
safarigirl:
it's not what they expect that matters. It's values. More guys would apreciate a girl that doesn't let them squander their money than one who jumps at the first sight of a note.

Anyway, it's just a personal thing for me. It's exactly because of guys like you mentioned that girls decide to take undue advantage of their generosity....

This male friend of mine is always getting stuff for girls from shawarma to food and drinks. These are girls that only talk to him at night when no one they know is around, only to blatantly ignore him by day, and he KEEPS buying them stuff. Where is the justice?
Yeah u right though. I think those type of girls are either RUNS girls or IMMATURE and there is nothing these set of girls can't do. Remember not all are like these? so it shouldn't stop us from extending an helping hand when ever its necessary.
Re: Ladies, How Do You Feel About Collecting Stuff From Guys? by agarawu23(m): 11:09am On May 24, 2015
snazzy5050:

U advice guyz bleep ur sisiter before they give her #1 naira undecided undecided
my sister isn't a silly begger like your gf undecided
Re: Ladies, How Do You Feel About Collecting Stuff From Guys? by Pinkiedearie(f): 11:13am On May 24, 2015
ronald4lif:
When a guy has made his interest known towards a girl, it's undesirable for her to collect gifts and money from him. Whether the girl likes him or not, he's likely to misconstrue her actions for interest and that she's just playing the initial hard to get game but would later succumb. When you have no interest in him, distance yourself from his money biko.
you're on point...
Re: Ladies, How Do You Feel About Collecting Stuff From Guys? by snazzy5050(m): 11:13am On May 24, 2015
agarawu23:
my sister isn't a silly begger like your gf undecided
At least it's not like ur sis I cater for her and bleep her.
The fact is they bleep ur sis before she gets a dime!! grin grin
Re: Ladies, How Do You Feel About Collecting Stuff From Guys? by Twaci(f): 11:18am On May 24, 2015
I am an independent kind of person...even to a fault.

When offered gifts, especially by one who has showed interest, I tend to decline with reasons that I'd rather work for it.

This always call for their respect.
Re: Ladies, How Do You Feel About Collecting Stuff From Guys? by agarawu23(m): 11:24am On May 24, 2015
snazzy5050:

At least it's not like ur sis I cater for her and bleep her.
The fact is they bleep ur sis before she gets a dine!! grin grin
will you be able to handle what you are calling for? undecided
Re: Ladies, How Do You Feel About Collecting Stuff From Guys? by snazzy5050(m): 11:26am On May 24, 2015
[s][/s]
agarawu23:
will you be able to handle what you are calling for? undecided
Am I supposed to delete my account cuz ure............ undecided
Re: Ladies, How Do You Feel About Collecting Stuff From Guys? by agarawu23(m): 11:31am On May 24, 2015
snazzy5050:
[s][/s]
Am I supposed to delete my account cuz ure............ undecided
ok
Re: Ladies, How Do You Feel About Collecting Stuff From Guys? by snazzy5050(m): 11:32am On May 24, 2015
Re: Ladies, How Do You Feel About Collecting Stuff From Guys? by ronald4lif(m): 11:34am On May 24, 2015
mrkels:
You are a good person.

Some girls are demons.

They just feel since they are having sex with you, you are to be responsible for their welfare. Very daft mentality some have.

I remember my last gf, the reason for our break-up was money issue if you ask me. Her last birthday party I spent over 80k there and after the party she was still asking for money to settle some bills. I was amazed. Could you believe that day the manager at the lounge said the total bill was close to 500k just for a party?

It actually caused a big issue and any ways she still insisted I must pay more to settle the bill which I did but when I transferred the money to her that faithful day I knew we were over and it was only a matter of time before it would be a reality. This was someone I was planning to get married to, we even entered a competition together, this wedding expo competition and we were almost winning.

Any ways that passed and things got better to my surprise, and we continued till then again she said she was no longer interested in our relationship, I got the text in my office that faithful day and you need to see the joy in my face at that moment. For close to a month I didn't even call her to ask about the text she sent because I was so happy and all, but then I started getting some crazy news and calls from her people and that prompted me to contact her.

Now when I did, she said I wasn't even sorry, so I told her sorry, she then said I should issue her a blank cheque from my family's company account and that would make her forgive me. Imagine? A blank cheque? Can you imagine how ladies think?

This was someone I respected back in the days, now asking me to give her money before we come back together, I mean I didn't tell anybody about it because they would think of her as a confirmed OKPO. I mean those ones you see at T lounge warri.
Anyways I told her it would never happen and we have since moved on with our lives since then.

Lucky you mate. You were very fortunate that she displayed her attitude and unholy penchant for money before you get married to her, some would conceal their character until they are Mrs.

Having said that, I think pre-nuptial agreement has become pertinent and an essential prerequisite before saying I do. A girl of her type could just file for a divorce after a few years to reap one off alimony settlement.
Re: Ladies, How Do You Feel About Collecting Stuff From Guys? by IceSplash(f): 11:45am On May 24, 2015
There's nothing like free stuff from guys.. There's always a price
Re: Ladies, How Do You Feel About Collecting Stuff From Guys? by Omolola1(f): 12:45pm On May 24, 2015
mrkels:
You are a good person.

Some girls are demons.

LOL
Some story
Re: Ladies, How Do You Feel About Collecting Stuff From Guys? by MissSlimbody(f): 1:21pm On May 24, 2015
Whether a guys shows interest in me or not, I'm not just good @asking or collecting. I feel somehow and I dnt like it.

I have been in a relationship where d guy questioned my feelings for him, jst because I don't ask him for anything, and had to force me most times to collect gifts from him.

To some babes its an avenue to "Maga" guys. And some guys gives with an ulterior motives.

But still, not all guys are like that and not all gals are money "grubbers."
Re: Ladies, How Do You Feel About Collecting Stuff From Guys? by Brugo(m): 1:32pm On May 24, 2015
Guys have spoilt these ladies.

....Babe puts sad smiley on bbm and you start asking questions. Before you can say "jack" she has asked you for money. Your ego won't let you think and then you'll pay.

This continues until she feels entitled to your hard earned money and that of any guy who expresses interest in her.

Ladies feel it's their right. If you don't comply, you are stingy. SMH. Thank God I have been lucky so far to have nice girlfriends who don't extort money from me like it's their birthright.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

OMG! This Is So Romantic! See What Meek Mill Did To Nicki Minaj While On Stage / Can You Marry Your Fiance Who Is Not Mentally Fit? / My Edo Guardian Said I Am Intelligent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.