Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,339 members, 7,815,672 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

What Would Be Your Reaction If Same Sex Marriage Was Passed Into Law In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Would Be Your Reaction If Same Sex Marriage Was Passed Into Law In Nigeria? (1105 Views)

Yemi Osinbajo Signs The 2017 Budget Bill Into Law (Photos) / Nig. Budget in the year 2000 Was Passed Into Law In May(View Budget 1999-2015) / NUPENG Threatens Strike If Petroleum Industrial Bill Isn't Passed Into Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would Be Your Reaction If Same Sex Marriage Was Passed Into Law In Nigeria? by Cutehector(m): 12:35pm On May 24, 2015
Ireland appears to have voted heavily in favour of allowing same-sex marriage in a historic referendum that marks a dramatic social shift in the traditionally Catholic country, government ministers and opponents of the bill said today.

Final results are not expected until later in the day in a vote that would make Ireland the first country to adopt same-sex marriage via a popular vote, just two decades after the country decriminalised homosexuality.

State broadcaster RTE said the victory appeared to be overwhelming and government minister Kevin Humphreys predicted the margin would be two-to-one.

"I think it's won," Equality Minister Aodhan O'Riordain told reporters at the main count centre in Dublin. "The numbers of people who turned out to vote is unprecedented. This has really touched a nerve in Ireland today."

Gay marriage is backed by all political parties, championed by big employers and endorsed by celebrities, all hoping it will mark a transformation in a country that was long regarded as one of the most socially conservative in Western Europe.

Only a third of the country backed the decriminalisation of gay sex for man over 17 in 1993, according to a poll at the time.

"This is a big placard from the people of Ireland to the rest of the world saying this is the way forward," said David Norris, who began a campaign for gay rights in the late 1970s.

The Catholic Church, whose doctrine teaches homosexuality is a sin, limited its 'No' campaigning to sermons to its remaining flock, a marked contrast with active public opposition to similar moves in France and elsewhere.

Instead, lay groups have led the opposition, raising concerns over parenthood and surrogacy rights for gay couples. Many believe the recognition of the legal rights of same-sex couples in 2009 is sufficient.

One of the main opponents of the bill conceded minutes after the first boxes were opened.

"Everyone seems to be predicting a 'yes' ... and that seems to be the case at the moment. It's disappointing," said John Murray from Catholic think tank the Iona Institute.

Meanwhile, 'Yes' campaigners embraced at the main count centre as the high approval rate became clear.

"It's very hard for it to sink in, inside screaming and jumping already but I'm just waiting for that exact moment when I can say it," said Ger O'Keefe, 27, a gay 'Yes' campaigner from Waterford.
Re: What Would Be Your Reaction If Same Sex Marriage Was Passed Into Law In Nigeria? by kilokeys(m): 12:37pm On May 24, 2015
protect my asshole with my life...

then be ever ready to plank any two fools kissing swapping spit in my area
Re: What Would Be Your Reaction If Same Sex Marriage Was Passed Into Law In Nigeria? by JeffreyJamez(m): 12:37pm On May 24, 2015
I would buy a Gun. undecided
Re: What Would Be Your Reaction If Same Sex Marriage Was Passed Into Law In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:40pm On May 24, 2015
nothing much... because same sex marriage is allowed doesn't mean rape is allowed.. so nothing to fear
Re: What Would Be Your Reaction If Same Sex Marriage Was Passed Into Law In Nigeria? by Princecalm(m): 12:40pm On May 24, 2015
obviously not with GBM in power, if many claim he is an Islamist then whe will be very glad for an Islamist will not accept such laws.
Re: What Would Be Your Reaction If Same Sex Marriage Was Passed Into Law In Nigeria? by StOla: 12:40pm On May 24, 2015
Everyone will huff and puff for a while, then reality will dawn that the private lives of others don't concern us.

Or do you think I will leave my job or family to protest on the streets about what Peter does privately with Paul?

I will leave those who argue from the religious standpoint to fight them on behalf of their God who supposedly made human perfect, yet the world continues to birth all manner of freaks of nature.

Are these freaks supposed to be punished and persecuted by those who luckily escape being the victims of nature's imperfection?

I do not begrudge anyone for wanting a union with their kind, as it is human nature. I however begrudge a society that sanctions a same sex marriage between individuals whose union cannot beget a human being like themselves.

But, I won't lose sleep if my society goes mad and let it happen. If I cannot undo the gay affliction, I would not hamper whatever closure they might derive from each other.

Soliloquy!
Re: What Would Be Your Reaction If Same Sex Marriage Was Passed Into Law In Nigeria? by Pinkiedearie(f): 12:42pm On May 24, 2015
cryThat's scary!!

*imagine two males holding n' kissing each other?...tufiakwa!!
Re: What Would Be Your Reaction If Same Sex Marriage Was Passed Into Law In Nigeria? by kasmail(m): 12:42pm On May 24, 2015
Shoot a guy that walks up to me for dating... #iranu
Re: What Would Be Your Reaction If Same Sex Marriage Was Passed Into Law In Nigeria? by wallex1983(m): 12:44pm On May 24, 2015
Then everybody must have fuel! Fuel!! Fuel!!! and Fuel!!!!

Abeg just give me fuel
Re: What Would Be Your Reaction If Same Sex Marriage Was Passed Into Law In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:50pm On May 24, 2015
Ireland is predominantly Catholic

Catholic Church is full to the brim with fagg0t priests.

So I am not surprised. I am also very sure most of the fagg0ts in Ireland got turned out by catholic priests when they were little boys.

Catholiscm and Islam are the homosexual indoctrination movements in Nigeria.

That is why there are so much fagg0ts in the north and east.

Almajiris get abused daily by their lice ridden mullahs in the north while Reverend Fathers can't stop fiddling with choir boys assh0les in the east.

These two religions are the most despicable and hypocritical religions today.

NB: Catholiscm is not Christianity.
Re: What Would Be Your Reaction If Same Sex Marriage Was Passed Into Law In Nigeria? by politricks: 12:58pm On May 24, 2015
StOla:
Everyone will huff and puff for a while, then reality will dawn that the private lives of others don't concern us.

Or do you think I will leave my job or family to protest on the streets about what Peter does privately with Paul?

I will leave those who argue from the religious standpoint to fight them on behalf of their God who supposedly made human perfect, yet the world continues to birth all manner of freaks of nature.
If allowed do you think they would remain private forever?. Before you know it, they would be kissing in public. Before you know it they will start toasting you. Before you know it your son may bring a guy and say that is his boyfriend. I can hear you say 'GOD FORBID'. What would you do then?
Re: What Would Be Your Reaction If Same Sex Marriage Was Passed Into Law In Nigeria? by StOla: 1:03pm On May 24, 2015
BackDatAssUp:
Ireland is predominantly Catholic

Catholic Church is full to the brim with fagg0t priests.

So I am not surprised. I am also very sure most of the fagg0ts in Ireland got turned out by catholic priests when they were little boys.

Catholiscm and Islam are the homosexual indoctrination movements in Nigeria.

That is why there are so much fagg0ts in the north and east.

Almajiris get abused daily by their lice ridden mullahs in the north while Reverend Fathers can't stop fiddling with choir boys assh0les in the east.

These two religions are the most despicable and hypocritical religions today.

NB: Catholiscm is not Christianity.

I thought the Anglican church had an openly gay priest in England who later became a Bishop?

Iceland and Sweden are not Catholic or Muslim countries, yet their government is headed by homosexuals.

The truth is the religious argument against homosexuality has fallen flat, the society will decide what befits it and not the church.

As for the religious institutions who embrace homosexuality and gay marriage, I know for a fact that the Catholic Church and Islam are the greatest opposition to such unions.
Re: What Would Be Your Reaction If Same Sex Marriage Was Passed Into Law In Nigeria? by Sholah96(m): 1:05pm On May 24, 2015
BREAKING NEWS
Ireland said "yes" -- becoming the first country to legalize same-sex marriage by popular vote.

http://www.cnnmobile.com/latest/2015/05/23/irish-voters-pass-samesex-marriage
Re: What Would Be Your Reaction If Same Sex Marriage Was Passed Into Law In Nigeria? by Ballama(m): 1:11pm On May 24, 2015
God forbid how can we legalize these Satanic act in a country that we seeks Gods blessings to grow and I know that even both christianity and Islam prohibit same sex marriage
Re: What Would Be Your Reaction If Same Sex Marriage Was Passed Into Law In Nigeria? by StOla: 1:14pm On May 24, 2015
politricks:
If allowed do you think they would remain private forever?. Before you know it, they would be kissing in public. Before you know it they will start toasting you. Before you know it your son may bring a guy and say that is his boyfriend. I can hear you say 'GOD FORBID'. What would you do then?

If you know me well, I will not exclaim "God forbid", but "God take responsibility of your imperfect world". A world where the so called devil exhibits more power than God. A world where misery will come to all whether religious or irreligious.

If they kiss in public, it will be no different from heterosexuals kissing in public. They are not lesser citizens you know?

If they toast me I will decline being heterosexual.

If my son turn up homosexual, I will blame God who supposedly made him perfect.

What do you intend to do about the fact that people have perversions that are innate? Who do you blame for the Albino or the deaf at birth?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Would Be Your Reaction If Same Sex Marriage Was Passed Into Law In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:14pm On May 24, 2015
StOla:

I thought the Anglican church had an openly gay priest in England who later became a Bishop?

Iceland and Sweden are not Catholic or Muslim countries, yet their government is headed by homosexuals.

The truth is the religious argument against homosexuality has fallen flat, the society will decide what befits it and not the church.

As for the religious institutions who embrace homosexuality and gay marriage, I know for a fact that the Catholic Church and Islam are the greatest opposition to such unions.

Any religion that overtly wants to control human sexuality ends up segregating society between males and females. When you do this you create sexual frustration especially among young males.

A young male needs early interaction with females and I don't mean sexual relations but rather emotional grooming.

Believe it or not women help to take out sexual anxiety in most cases than increase it. This is why Prisons in the US are employing women CO's because it has been proven that women have a calming effect on men.

In places like Saudi Arabia where there is sex apartheid, homosexuality is rampant and usually the first form of sexual experience for young men.

As for Sweden that country is a liberal cesspit of atheists who believe in no human restraints.
Re: What Would Be Your Reaction If Same Sex Marriage Was Passed Into Law In Nigeria? by politricks: 1:22pm On May 24, 2015
StOla:

If you know me well, I will not exclaim "God forbid", but "God take responsibility of your imperfect world". A world where the so called devil exhibits more power than God. A world where misery will come to all whether religious or irreligious.

If they kiss in public, it will be no different from heterosexuals kissing in public. They are not lesser citizens you know?

If they toast me I will decline being heterosexual.

If my son turn up heterosexual, I will blame God who supposedly made him perfect.

What do you intend to do about the fact that people have perversions that are innate? Who do you blame for the Albino or the deaf at birth?
Now that you mention God let me ask you a question. Does God support being gay?
You cant compare them to d deaf for there is no sin for being deaf or being an Albino.
Re: What Would Be Your Reaction If Same Sex Marriage Was Passed Into Law In Nigeria? by StOla: 1:26pm On May 24, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

Any religion that overtly wants to control human sexuality ends up segregating society between males and females. When you do this you create sexual frustration especially among young males.

A young male needs early interaction with females and I don't mean sexual relations but rather emotional grooming.

Believe it or not women help to take out sexual anxiety in most cases than increase it. This is why Prisons in the US are employing women CO's because it has been proven that women have a calming effect on men.

In places like Saudi Arabia where there is sex apartheid, homosexuality is rampant and usually the first form of sexual experience for young men.

As for Sweden that country is a liberal cesspit of atheists who believe in no human restraints.

I accept your argument that forced segregation of sexes and celibacy can arouse the need to stick it in any hole available. That is pure animalistic nature.

What explanation do you have for the Anglican church where celibacy is not practiced, yet a male priest fancies a fellow male and he is tolerated to the point of even being elevated to Bishop? What do you say to churches that actually have gay couples as members and even clergy?

The Catholic church or Islam is opposed to this. Only that their rigid sexual rules allow such homosexual acts to happen against the established rules. I also know that the Catholic priesthood is not by force, it is not slavery.
Re: What Would Be Your Reaction If Same Sex Marriage Was Passed Into Law In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:31pm On May 24, 2015
StOla:

I accept your argument that forced segregation of sexes and celibacy can arouse the need to stick it in any hole available. That is pure animalistic nature.

What explanation do you have for the Anglican church where celibacy is not practiced, yet a male priest fancies a fellow male and he his tolerated to the point of even being elevated to Bishop? What do you say to churches that actually have gay couples as members and even clergy?

The Catholic church or Islam is opposed to this. Only that their rigid sexual rules allow such homosexual acts to happen against the established rules. I also know that the Catholic priesthood is not by force, it is not slavery.

The Anglican church shares the same doctrine and rituals like the Catholic Church. Remember the Anglican church broke out from the Catholic Church over political differences and not doctrine.
Re: What Would Be Your Reaction If Same Sex Marriage Was Passed Into Law In Nigeria? by ElekeNtioba: 1:33pm On May 24, 2015
Reading thru the comments above its evident we are still playing "catch-up" with the west.

The homophobia u ar spouting nw is what they did decades ago. And what they are doing now is what ur children's children will do decades to come.

Hmmmm
Re: What Would Be Your Reaction If Same Sex Marriage Was Passed Into Law In Nigeria? by StOla: 1:52pm On May 24, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

The Anglican church shares the same doctrine and rituals like the Catholic Church. Remember the Anglican church broke out from the Catholic Church over political differences and not doctrine.

Yes they do. However the difference is the Catholic church has remained impervious to change, having crystallized the past. As such it has resisted the pressure to sanction homosexuality as a way of life, but does not persecute them as if it was the great commission they've been tasked by the gospel of Christ.

The Anglican church has become a liberal institution seeking the recognition of men in the era of political correctness.
Re: What Would Be Your Reaction If Same Sex Marriage Was Passed Into Law In Nigeria? by StOla: 2:09pm On May 24, 2015
politricks:
Now that you mention God let me ask you a question. Does God support being gay?
You cant compare them to d deaf for there is no sin for being deaf or being an Albino.

Yes there is no sin being deaf, yet God has allowed an imperfection at birth that guarantees a life of misery in a world that is already disease ravaged.

Who created this world? The perfect God or the wicked devil?

If God doesn't support gays, then why are lots of teenagers turning out to be gay?

I hope you don't think they learn being gay by watching cable TV?

While many are forced to the lifestyle as a 1st sexual encouter perpetrated by an older partner, majority are that way because that's just the direction their sexuality bloomed.

Am I suppose to hold them responsible for what they have tried to resist, yet nature has forced it on them? While God awaits them to dispense furious judgement, instead of speaking the word and resetting the order of things.
Re: What Would Be Your Reaction If Same Sex Marriage Was Passed Into Law In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:28pm On May 24, 2015
StOla:

Yes they do. However the difference is the Catholic church has remained impervious to change, having crystallized the past. As such it has resisted the pressure to sanction homosexuality as a way of life, but does not persecute them as if it was the great commission they've been tasked by the gospel of Christ.

The Anglican church has become a liberal institution seeking the recognition of men in the era of political correctness.

They may not support it but they don't fight it either.

The Catholic Church turned a blind eye to widespread abuse of little boys by their priests and went further to try and cover it up.

This is why they are hypocrites.

(1) (Reply)

Food Prices Go Up - Vanguard Survey / Sex Craze: Condoms, Enhancers Found In Boko Haram’s Camp [see Photo] / prof Wole Soyinka Clocks 81

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.