Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,675 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:54 PM

5 GEJ Ministers That Performed Very Well - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 GEJ Ministers That Performed Very Well (40729 Views)

9 Buhari's Ministers that Nigerians think Are 'incompetent' / 7 Buhari Ministers That Are Doing Absolutely Nothing / 5 GEJ Ministers That Didn't Live Up To Expectation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 GEJ Ministers That Performed Very Well by socialmediaman: 11:54pm On May 24, 2015
Saorchy:

It was arranged in no particular order...if I read it well, Adeshina was termed the most outstanding minister...meanwhile Prof Chinedu Nebo tried atleast he gives Nigerians update on the progress been made every step of the way

Nebo failed, woefully. The privatization was a sham, though not initiated by him, but he kept going on with the failed process. I agree with Agric, ICT (to an extent but not completely) and Aviation. The rest failed
Re: 5 GEJ Ministers That Performed Very Well by kolokolobi(m): 12:02am On May 25, 2015
Did I see aviation with what I see at the airports. Arrive from an international flight and see the non cooling airconditioner system, dirty fans at passport control, the toilet is an eyesore. We have began to salute mediocrity I see these days. I will not. In saner climes most of these guys with the exception of the guy at the agriculture ministry should not even head a 15 staff agency.

1 Like

Re: 5 GEJ Ministers That Performed Very Well by mbulela: 2:01am On May 25, 2015
kolokolobi:
Did I see aviation with what I see at the airports. Arrive from an international flight and see the non cooling airconditioner system, dirty fans at passport control, the toilet is an eyesore. We have began to salute mediocrity I see these days. I will not. In saner climes most of these guys with the exception of the guy at the agriculture ministry should not even head a 15 staff agency.

can I like this twice?
Chidoka has always been a used car salesman.
All hype and not substance.

1 Like

Re: 5 GEJ Ministers That Performed Very Well by Francis5: 2:02am On May 25, 2015
Igbos are reactive cowards
Of course this title is false and a bait to draw your attention to this thread, seeing how anything Igbo sells like hot fire
Now what am I saying?
I am saying that Igbos are reactionary and should be more proactive when dealing with Yorubas
Yorubas have a deep-seated hatred for Igbos, despite the edgy but so far peaceful co-existence existing between them
However, Yorubas have done a couple of things, some at the whole-Igbo level, others at individual Igbo-level, to exemplify their hatred for any and everything Igbo

1. At the whole Igbo level, they betrayed Igbos during the Biafra war
2. At the whole Igbo-level, they threatened Igbos in Lagos with being drowned in the lagoon should they vote for a Yoruba candidate other than the one ordained by Tinubu
3. At the whole Igbo level, one of their own in Texas called for the extermination of Igbos in Lagos for not kotowing to theh Yoruba herd mentality of voting for Ambode
4. At the individual Igbo level, they started the campaign to undermine Philip Emeagwali. Fortunately it did not take them anywhere.
5. At the individual Igbo level they started the campaign to undermine Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. This one bounced back on their tiger-clawed faces.

There are more examples. Like several Yorubas home and abroad writing hate-filled articles about Igbos. In all these cases, they were bold enough to do it with real names, not fakes internet monikers like Francis5 (me). For that, I give them credit; they are ready to bring their hatred into real life. This is where Igbos have been either cowardly, reactive, disinterested or all of the above.

Now why are Igbos not similarly undermining Yorubas and Yoruba interest anywhere in the world?

Few Igbos have risen to some of the most enviable positions in global/continental affairs, unlike Yorubas. As of date, there is no Yoruba equivalent of Ngozi Iweala (Former WB MD); there is no Yoruba answer to Oby Ezekwesili (former WB, VP); there is no Yoruba response to Arunma Oteh (former African Development Bank [AfDB] VP) and of course, there is no Yoruba mate to Kanayo Nwanze (current President of the International Fund for Agric. Development, IFAD).

Yoruba are making the first ever move to one of such positions, in the person of Akinwumi, current minister of Agriculture, who is vying for the president of AfDB.

Yorubas claim that GEJ's government is a failure. If that is the case, there is no choosing and picking: Akinwumi is also a failure and therefore ineligible to lead the AfDB.

This is time for Igbos to be proactive for once: a campaign against Akinwumi is in order at this time. He has 7 other Africans contesting against him. Please Igbos, start to send stuff to ADB and personally to the other candidates on how much of a failure GEJ's government is and therefore a minister who served in that failed government should not be trusted to lead ADB. I am taking the lead. Please use real names, even if they are not your name. Let the revenge begin, Now.
Re: 5 GEJ Ministers That Performed Very Well by Neduzze5(m): 2:15am On May 25, 2015
bukiboy:

Maybe I have lost touch with reality or am not in this country. I can't see any achievement from anyone on that list.
Privatization of phcn is a big scam.

Aviation I laugh.

Communications, hmmmm not impressed.

Agriculture, how much is a basket of tomatoes in the market?

Seems like you don't really know the dictates of Economic principles and the mechanics of demand and supply.
Re: 5 GEJ Ministers That Performed Very Well by Chivasex: 3:29am On May 25, 2015
what about the health minister that dealt with ebola?
i think he deserves a mention
Re: 5 GEJ Ministers That Performed Very Well by corektchic: 5:38am On May 25, 2015
Health minister nko... ds list sha
Re: 5 GEJ Ministers That Performed Very Well by JuanDeDios: 6:51am On May 25, 2015
emiye:
looking at deliverables, he was slightly above average when one considers the volume of foreign direct investment (FDI) brought to the country in the midst of the insecurity in the country.
I meant to say "no noise" - was typing in a hurry. I agree with you but you have to look at fundamentals too - an area Adeshina completely failed at. Aganga single-handedly saved Ecowas from sleep-walking into the ruinous EPA. He did more for cashew export than all governments since independence put together. There were basic things you previously had to go do in Ghana which now get done in Nigeria. The man is a workaholic still holding meetings and commissioning things all over the place till today.
Re: 5 GEJ Ministers That Performed Very Well by jasonjude(m): 7:11am On May 25, 2015
no coup in this nation again. please stop the joke
Re: 5 GEJ Ministers That Performed Very Well by jasonjude(m): 7:13am On May 25, 2015
what about wike
Re: 5 GEJ Ministers That Performed Very Well by Nobody: 7:22am On May 25, 2015
emiye:
The moment i saw chinedu Nebo, Minister of power, i thought it was sarcasm.
All i see chinedu does on tv is to moan and whine about vandals and speak tall tales, at a time i begin to wonder if he acquired his degree in moaning /whining engineering. If Vandals keep breaking pipelines, and you do is to repair over and over again and moan, something is wrong with you. Thinking out of the box is not his strength
when people like you begin to give advice about thinking outside the box, there's 99% chance that you don't have brain. he go hang pipe lines for sky?
Re: 5 GEJ Ministers That Performed Very Well by Rajosh(m): 10:24am On May 25, 2015
you're talking about Chinedu Nebo giving up to date information on progress when there is actually no progress. When prof. Barth Nnaji was minister of power, electricity situation was better. Chinedu Nebo should be replaced with Labaran Maku on that list.
Re: 5 GEJ Ministers That Performed Very Well by Mykelpato(m): 10:24am On May 25, 2015
sad Yorubas and Bigotry #smh
Re: 5 GEJ Ministers That Performed Very Well by joe84(m): 10:57am On May 25, 2015
1. Professor Chinedu Nebo: The former Vice Chancellor of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka has indeed been outstanding. The Minister of Power have overseen a tedious privatisation process of the power sector devoid of rancour as was the case in the past. He has also been consistent with his regular briefing of the media and Nigerians in order to keep everyone up-to-date on the progress in the sector. Though not much have been achieved yet, Nigerians will no doubt start to see the manifestation of his handiwork in the nearest future, provided the incoming Buhari administration continues from where he stopped and make corrections where he made mistakes.

Abeg exclude this man name him no try at all!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: 5 GEJ Ministers That Performed Very Well by Guyman02: 11:10am On May 25, 2015
Prof Pipeline Vandals did not achieve much in power

1 Like

Re: 5 GEJ Ministers That Performed Very Well by rhotimee(m): 11:14am On May 25, 2015
tmotmo:

Please, I think we can learn from each other, I will like to know which industrialization are you referring to?

Ajaokuta is not working
There is no single electronic chips manufacturing outfit in Nigeria
We only have importation of autoparts which is been coupled and renamed here in Nigeria.

How has that turn Nigeria into an industrialized nation?

Please may be I don't have other details about this industrialization achievement that you do. You may kindly wish to share it with us on this forum for prosperity and learning.

Thank you.

The man is trying his best to induatrialize our Nation.

1. $1 bn deal with General Electronic for manufacturing and Assembly plants in Nigeria. Also, making General Electronics invest over $350 m in our power sector.

2.Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment, Dr. Olusegun Aganga, has said that 29 companies have signed commitments with technical partners to set up assembly plants to produce cars, SUVS and pick-up trucks in Nigeria since the establishment of the National Automotive Policy.
Aganga, who spoke at the weekend in Abuja when he inaugurated the National Automotive Repository Portal (NARP), listed Hyundai, Nissan, Kia cars and Shacman trucks as some of the vehicles now assembled in Nigeria.
He added that 11 new companies, including Honda and Toyota, have been given bonafide manufacturing status and are on track to start assembly operations this year.(extracted for the sun).

3. The minister said the Federal Government had attracted investments worth 14 billion dollars in the petrochemical sector, saying 9 billion dollars of the investments will be in Lagos for boosting employment.

4. He is the man behind NATIONAL ENTERPRISE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME (NEDEP) and NATIONAL INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION PLAN (NIRP).

The guy dey try gan ooo...
Re: 5 GEJ Ministers That Performed Very Well by InMyOpinion(m): 12:01pm On May 25, 2015
Saorchy:

2. Dr. Omobola Johnson: It is not really a surprise that she has performed well. Not your typical politician, Johnson left her position as the Country Manager of Accenture to take assume the role of Nigeria’s Minister of Communications. Her sterling performance and revolutionary policies are visible for all to see. She has also focused heavily on empowering young girls in Information Communication Technology and it has paid off immensely.

5. Dr. Akinwunmi Adeshina: This list would not be complete without the name of Dr. Adeshina. It is not for nothing that he is currently one of the leading contenders for the role of the president of Africa Development Bank (ADB). Adeshina’s revolutionary achievements in the agricultural sector has opened up opportunities in the sector that was hitherto comatose and begging for attention. From the availability of fertilizers to the ordinary farmers, to the loans available to them and the investment flowing into the sector, Akinwunmi is no doubt the most outstanding Minister under Jonathan and he should be proud of himself. One can only wish him luck in his aspiration to lead the ADB.
[size=15pt]Correct guy - good thinking smiley[/size]

Saorchy:

1. Professor Chinedu Nebo: The former Vice Chancellor of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka has indeed been outstanding. The Minister of Power have overseen a tedious privatisation process of the power sector devoid of rancour as was the case in the past. He has also been consistent with his regular briefing of the media and Nigerians in order to keep everyone up-to-date on the progress in the sector. Though not much have been achieved yet, Nigerians will no doubt start to see the manifestation of his handiwork in the nearest future, provided the incoming Buhari administration continues from where he stopped and make corrections where he made mistakes.
[size=15pt]Are you out of you mind? Have you got any brains left?? angry shocked[/size]

1 Like

Re: 5 GEJ Ministers That Performed Very Well by Nobody: 12:54pm On May 25, 2015
Francis5:
Igbos are reactive cowards
Of course this title is false and a bait to draw your attention to this thread, seeing how anything Igbo sells like hot fire
Now what am I saying?
I am saying that Igbos are reactionary and should be more proactive when dealing with Yorubas
Yorubas have a deep-seated hatred for Igbos, despite the edgy but so far peaceful co-existence existing between them
However, Yorubas have done a couple of things, some at the whole-Igbo level, others at individual Igbo-level, to exemplify their hatred for any and everything Igbo

1. At the whole Igbo level, they betrayed Igbos during the Biafra war
2. At the whole Igbo-level, they threatened Igbos in Lagos with being drowned in the lagoon should they vote for a Yoruba candidate other than the one ordained by Tinubu
3. At the whole Igbo level, one of their own in Texas called for the extermination of Igbos in Lagos for not kotowing to theh Yoruba herd mentality of voting for Ambode
4. At the individual Igbo level, they started the campaign to undermine Philip Emeagwali. Fortunately it did not take them anywhere.
5. At the individual Igbo level they started the campaign to undermine Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. This one bounced back on their tiger-clawed faces.

There are more examples. Like several Yorubas home and abroad writing hate-filled articles about Igbos. In all these cases, they were bold enough to do it with real names, not fakes internet monikers like Francis5 (me). For that, I give them credit; they are ready to bring their hatred into real life. This is where Igbos have been either cowardly, reactive, disinterested or all of the above.

Now why are Igbos not similarly undermining Yorubas and Yoruba interest anywhere in the world?

Few Igbos have risen to some of the most enviable positions in global/continental affairs, unlike Yorubas. As of date, there is no Yoruba equivalent of Ngozi Iweala (Former WB MD); there is no Yoruba answer to Oby Ezekwesili (former WB, VP); there is no Yoruba response to Arunma Oteh (former African Development Bank [AfDB] VP) and of course, there is no Yoruba mate to Kanayo Nwanze (current President of the International Fund for Agric. Development, IFAD).

Yoruba are making the first ever move to one of such positions, in the person of Akinwumi, current minister of Agriculture, who is vying for the president of AfDB.

Yorubas claim that GEJ's government is a failure. If that is the case, there is no choosing and picking: Akinwumi is also a failure and therefore ineligible to lead the AfDB.

This is time for Igbos to be proactive for once: a campaign against Akinwumi is in order at this time. He has 7 other Africans contesting against him. Please Igbos, start to send stuff to ADB and personally to the other candidates on how much of a failure GEJ's government is and therefore a minister who served in that failed government should not be trusted to lead ADB. I am taking the lead. Please use real names, even if they are not your name. Let the revenge begin, Now.
This will make tribalism worse in Nigeria than what it is today. For me, I think it is not in the nature of we Igbos to be envious of other tribes achievements or let alone coming out to mobilize articles and hate filled campaigns against individuals just because they are not our brothers. Being reactionary has a way of bitting deeper than presumed. My thoughts though.
Re: 5 GEJ Ministers That Performed Very Well by mikolo80: 10:46pm On May 25, 2015
Saorchy:

It was arranged in no particular order...if I read it well, Adeshina was termed the most outstanding minister...meanwhile Prof Chinedu Nebo tried atleast he gives Nigerians update on the progress been made every step of the way
what progress
Re: 5 GEJ Ministers That Performed Very Well by Odok1: 6:34am On May 30, 2015
Where is prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu former minister of health dat forth ebola out of the country

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Old Naira Notes Deadline: President Buhari Calls For Council Of State Meeting / Shame On You - Mbaka Replies Garba Shehu On Contract Scandal / Aftermath Of A Fierce Battle With Boko Haram In Sambisa Forest. Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.