Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

What's The Best Dating Advice You Have? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's The Best Dating Advice You Have? (2058 Views)

Which One Among Them Is The Best Dating Advice For Every Girl (photo) / Before You Say YES.....6 Dating Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Best Dating Advice You Have? by Nobody: 11:58pm On May 24, 2015
don't make someone your priority if they're treating you like an afterthought.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Best Dating Advice You Have? by MizMyColi(f): 12:15am On May 25, 2015
gringrin

Simple.

Stay Connected and True to self.
Give your best in your relationship, your utmost best....either way it ends, it is for your own good.
Forgive easily. Be wise.
Train yourself to remain happy and boisterous, with or without a man in your life.

Forget the weird sex gospels, a man who truly loves and is eager to have a life with you will wait till you are psychologically and emotionally ready to share the cookiegrin

Giving in to pressure is never okay.

Errrm
Okay, now that I read what I just wrote, i think this is me advicing myselfgrin

2 Likes

Re: What's The Best Dating Advice You Have? by Amuram(m): 12:20am On May 25, 2015
Care less and you will have the power to dictate the trajectory of the relationship cool
Re: What's The Best Dating Advice You Have? by hadura29(m): 12:34am On May 25, 2015
Always listen to your partner irrespective of what he/she has to say.... grin
Re: What's The Best Dating Advice You Have? by nairation: 12:43am On May 25, 2015
if i drop my dating advices...una go read tire..

OYA CATCH... but promise you will visit my forum below...

All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.

When it comes to going after what you love in life, don’t take no for an answer.

Rebound sex helps but it could be a great mistake. So avoid it.

Don't sleep with someone that has more problems.
Re: What's The Best Dating Advice You Have? by bathou: 12:45am On May 25, 2015
Don't mix up love and sex. If your partner asks you to do something that you don't want to do, don't do it then
Re: What's The Best Dating Advice You Have? by sarmiie(m): 6:12am On May 25, 2015
MizMyColi:
gringrin

Simple.

Give your best in your relationship, your utmost best....either way it ends, it is for your own good.
Forgive easily. Be wise.
Train yourself to remain happy and boisterous, with or without a man in your life.

Forget the weird sex gospels, a man who truly loves and is eager to have a life with you will wait till you are psychologically and emotionally ready to share the cookiegrin

Errrm

This is wisdom. Except the 'no sex' part. I believe in the YOLO theory.

My advice, have fun and play games. Hopefully ur partner would be someone who's confident, secure and intelligent. He/she would get the games and even play them too.
N.B: this advice is not for people ready to marry. This is for the YOLO crew.
Re: What's The Best Dating Advice You Have? by MizMyColi(f): 7:05am On May 25, 2015
sarmiie:

This is wisdom. Except the 'no sex' part. I believe in the YOLO theory.

My advice, have fun and play games. Hopefully ur partner would be someone who's confident, secure and intelligent. He/she would get the games and even play them too.
N.B: this advice is not for people ready to marry. This is for the YOLO crew.

I didn't say No sex bro.
I said do it when you are ready.
Not because someone threatens to leave you.

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Dating Advice You Have? by snadguy007(m): 9:06am On May 25, 2015
MizMyColi:
gringrin

Simple.

Forgive easily. Be wise.

Errrm
Assuming you are the guy, and i'm the lady, is that the advice you will give me wink
Re: What's The Best Dating Advice You Have? by MizMyColi(f): 10:03am On May 25, 2015
snadguy007:
Assuming you are the guy, and i'm the lady, is that the advice you will give me wink

Lols.
I know the part that is troubling you.
Loool

Oya, talk your mind.
Re: What's The Best Dating Advice You Have? by snadguy007(m): 10:39am On May 25, 2015
MizMyColi:

Lols.
I know the part that is troubling you.
Loool

Oya, talk your mind.
Lol.... I won't talk again since you already know.
But on a serious note, your advice is good for the first-timers, not for the experienced ones.
Re: What's The Best Dating Advice You Have? by MizMyColi(f): 10:40am On May 25, 2015
snadguy007:
Lol.... I won't talk again since you already know.
But on a serious note, your advice is good for the first-timers, not for the experienced ones.

So what should it be for the experienced ones, and what's your take on the cookie issue.
Re: What's The Best Dating Advice You Have? by snadguy007(m): 10:55am On May 25, 2015
MizMyColi:

So what should it be for the experienced ones, and what's your take on the cookie issue.
cheesy cheesy
The experienced ones don't need advice again cos the cookie has already been shared either willingly or forcefully... Maybe we can just advise them to reduce the numbers of shareholders in the cookie company.

As per the cookie issue, i can't say anything without being sentimental.. I'm a guy, u know smiley
Re: What's The Best Dating Advice You Have? by MizMyColi(f): 11:02am On May 25, 2015
snadguy007:
cheesy cheesy
The experienced ones don't need advice again cos the cookie has already been shared either willingly or forcefully... Maybe we can just advise them to reduce the numbers of shareholders in the cookie company.

As per the cookie issue, i can't say anything without being sentimental.. I'm a guy, u know smiley

Talk true joor.
Put sentiments aside.

Exactly @Shareholders.
My only concern is usually the body count.
Some people aren't always lucky with relationships, they fail many times before succeeding.
Let's say they date 20 folks before meeting the right one, should they now share cookie among this twenty?
Doesn't make sense, imo.
There should be a level of commitment and conviction if such must happen.

#JustSayingTho
Re: What's The Best Dating Advice You Have? by asumo12: 11:03am On May 25, 2015
hmmmmmmmmmm

undecided undecided undecided
Re: What's The Best Dating Advice You Have? by MzzTega(f): 11:06am On May 25, 2015
‘‘happily ever after'' does not happen to all.

Expect the worst,hope for the best
Re: What's The Best Dating Advice You Have? by snadguy007(m): 11:23am On May 25, 2015
MizMyColi:

Talk true joor.
Put sentiments aside.

Exactly @Shareholders.
My only concern is usually the body count.
Some people aren't always lucky with relationships, they fail many times before succeeding.
Let's say they date 20 folks before meeting the right one, should they now share cookie among this twenty?
Doesn't make sense, imo.
There should be a level of commitment and conviction if such must happen.

#JustSayingTho
I think after dating like 5 folks and probably sharing the cookie with the 5 (the most i can advise), that's where discipline, determination anf common sense comes in. No more free cookies again until i see that ring on my fourth finger. Unless the person is emotionally weak in resisting pressure or just a free giver.

MyOpinion smiley
Re: What's The Best Dating Advice You Have? by MizMyColi(f): 11:28am On May 25, 2015
snadguy007:
I think after dating like 5 folks and probably sharing the cookie with the 5 (the most i can advise), that's where discipline, determination anf common sense comes in. No more free cookies again until i see that ring on my fourth finger. Unless the person is emotionally weak in resisting pressure or just a free giver.

MyOpinion smiley

gringringringrin

Forget my laughs up there.
Thanks for this!
So let's say you meet someone who has reached the cookie cap cool
and you are number 6...
What would be your stand if she says "I NO DO"grin
Re: What's The Best Dating Advice You Have? by TheSonOfMark(m): 11:44am On May 25, 2015
MzzTega:
‘‘happily ever after'' does not happen to all.

Expect the worst,hope for the best
[b]"Happily ever after" doesn't even exist in the first...alright, maybe in Walt Disney movies.smiley
Re: What's The Best Dating Advice You Have? by beau49: 11:53am On May 25, 2015
Don't start what you can't finish.

Only give what you can't regret giving.

Love yourself first before loving someone else.

Just as they are important,so are you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Best Dating Advice You Have? by kilokeys(m): 11:56am On May 25, 2015
beau49:
Don't start what you can't finish.

Only give what you can't regret giving.

Love yourself first before loving someone else.

Just as they are important,so are you.

word..

tongue i don enter o.. love is hardwork my dear. chai
Re: What's The Best Dating Advice You Have? by snadguy007(m): 11:57am On May 25, 2015
MizMyColi:

gringringringrin

Forget my laughs up there.
Thanks for this!
So let's say you meet someone who has reached the cookie cap cool
and you are number 6...
What would be your stand if she says "I NO DO"grin
Lol.... This is where i get boxed while trying to avoid my opinion on the cookie cheesy

If its certain we are going to end up together, i might not pester her too much for cookies but if our being together is not certain, i'll just allow her go so as not to waste her time.....and don't tell me i don't love her cos most times, love and cookies compliments each other
Re: What's The Best Dating Advice You Have? by MizMyColi(f): 12:05pm On May 25, 2015
snadguy007:
Lol.... This is where i get boxed while trying to avoid my opinion on the cookie cheesy

If its certain we are going to end up together, i might not pester her too much for cookies but if our being together is not certain, i'll just allow her go so as not to waste her time.....and don't tell me i don't love her cos most times, love and cookies compliments each other

gringringrin
If you were close by, we'd have lunch on my tabs.

Wow!
Such Sinceritysmiley
Re: What's The Best Dating Advice You Have? by snadguy007(m): 12:15pm On May 25, 2015
MizMyColi:

gringringrin
If you were close by, we'd have lunch on my tabs.

Wow!
Such Sinceritysmiley
cheesy cheesy i'm flattered.
BTW, u never reply my message for LinkedIn o. Its been 106 days now since i sent u the message.
Re: What's The Best Dating Advice You Have? by Nobody: 12:16pm On May 25, 2015
The best dating advice I can offer is, don't date for the wrong reason. Spend time getting to know other people, and not only the ones you think you'd like to date.

Friendship turns to romance most times – provided it's sincere friendship to start with, not an underhand strategy to sleep with someone.

Pleasingly, this also helps to unseat the ridiculous (and sexist) notion of the "friend zone", a common trope in advice aimed at men, according to which the world is full of lovelorn males cruelly relegated to friend status by the women they desire. cheesy

Hook up, be friends, know each other better, savor every moment you share together, become lovers. Don't just jump into a relationship because you wanna avoid that lonely feeling, or because you feel like filling the vacuum left by your ex, or even because of outward appearances, these are all wrong reasons to date.

Relationships are like houses; in order for them to stand the tests of time, they need a good foundation. Do your due diligence and make sure the person you are interested in has the right attitude, good communication skills, and a solid emotional interest in pursuing something real. And the easiest way to decipher all these is by first becoming good friends.

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Dating Advice You Have? by MizMyColi(f): 12:19pm On May 25, 2015
cheesy
snadguy007:
cheesy cheesy i'm flattered.
BTW, u never reply my message for LinkedIn o. Its been 106 days now since i sent u the message.

grin
Tok true.
Send am for gmail na.
That linked in is one site I hardly visit.
Re: What's The Best Dating Advice You Have? by Burnnotice(m): 12:23pm On May 25, 2015

Re: What's The Best Dating Advice You Have? by beau49: 12:25pm On May 25, 2015
kilokeys:

word..
tongue i don enter o.. love is hardwork my dear. chai

Awww...that nice smiley good to know.
You are stronger than you think,you will do just fine cheesy
Re: What's The Best Dating Advice You Have? by snadguy007(m): 12:34pm On May 25, 2015
MizMyColi:
cheesy

grin
Tok true.
Send am for gmail na.
That linked in is one site I hardly visit.
Lol.... Its nothing serious sha... Just a message.

I need to go charge my fone now....my neighbour has put on her gen. smiley cool
Re: What's The Best Dating Advice You Have? by MizMyColi(f): 1:17pm On May 25, 2015
cheesy
snadguy007:
Lol.... Its nothing serious sha... Just a message.

I need to go charge my fone now....my neighbour has put on her gen. smiley cool

My dear, please go and charge o.
It's necessary.
Re: What's The Best Dating Advice You Have? by sarmiie(m): 4:15pm On May 25, 2015
MizMyColi:

I didn't say No sex bro.
I said do it when you are ready.
Not because someone threatens to leave you.

My bad!!
I see red whenever 'no' and 'sex' appears in the same sentence on nairaland, n just blur out everything else.

Okay, everything she said is wisdom, including the "no sex......."part (that's so damn hard to do. Errythin is blurry again).
Re: What's The Best Dating Advice You Have? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Sep 24, 2016
hmmmmnn

(1) (Reply)

Signs Your BF Is Still A Virgin / To Marry A Prostitute Is It Right ? / My Friend Killed This Huge Snake(huge Mamba)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.