Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,884 members, 7,828,142 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

A 13 Year Old Brition Kid Had A Child - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A 13 Year Old Brition Kid Had A Child (818 Views)

Little Kid Peeping At Her Aunt's Panties (Photo) / Family Searches For 13-year-old Daughter Since Christmas (pictured) / Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A 13 Year Old Brition Kid Had A Child by buffead(f): 12:35pm On Feb 13, 2009
Alfie Patten: a father at the age of 13

Alfie's girlfriend Chantelle Steadman, 15, gave birth to Maisie Roxanne in Eastbourne Hospital, East Sussex, four days ago, reports The Sun.

The boy, who is just 4ft and looks young for his age, told the newspaper: "I thought it would be good to have a baby."

But he admitted he did not think about how he would afford it.

"I don't really get pocket money. My dad sometimes gives me £10," he said.

Alfie, who lives with his mother Nicola, 43, in Eastbourne, was 12 when Maisie was conceived.

He could have shrugged his shoulders and sat at home on his Playstation. But he has been at the hospital every day.

Dennis Patten, father of 13-year-old Alfie

The pair, who have the support of their parents, kept the pregnancy secret until Chantelle's mother Penny noticed her daughter's swollen stomach.

Alfie said: "When my mum found out, I thought I was going to get in trouble. We wanted to have the baby but were worried how people would react.

"I didn't know what it would be like to be a dad. I will be good, though, and care for it."

Alfie's father Dennis said his son wanted to be a devoted and responsible father, but did not fully appreciate what he had taken on by having a child.

He said Alfie had wanted to be the first to hold his child.

"He could have shrugged his shoulders and sat at home on his Playstation. But he has been at the hospital every day," he said.

Chantelle and Maisie have been released from hospital and are living with her family in a council house in Eastbourne.

Iain Duncan Smith is dismayed

Reacting to the birth of Maisie Roxanne, former Tory leader Iain Duncan Smith, head of the Conservatives' Centre for Social Justice think tank, said he was outraged.

The case was a "tragic example" of Britain’s social decline, Mr Duncan Smith said later.

"I don’t know about these particular families but too many dysfunctional families in Britain today have children growing up where anything goes.

"It exemplifies the point we have been making about broken Britain," he added.

"It's not being accusatory, it's about pointing out the complete collapse in some parts of society of any sense of what’s right and wrong.

"There is no opprobrium any more about behaviour and quite often children witness behaviour that's aggressive, violent, rude and sexual. It’s as if no one is saying this is wrong."

Gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wwww .sky news.co.uk
Re: A 13 Year Old Brition Kid Had A Child by Omolola1(f): 1:25pm On Feb 13, 2009
hmmmmn

(1) (Reply)

How Much Do You Live On Weekly? / Do You Beleive / Who Knows Best In Prescribing? Father Or Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.