Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,581 members, 7,958,794 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 01:04 AM

Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. (37876 Views)

Osinbajo Signs Two Bills Into Law / Osinbajo Refuses To Sign 4 Bills Into Law / Osinbajo Signs Seven Bills Into Law As Acting President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by Nobody: 5:35pm On May 25, 2015
All things being equal... centeris paribus no man would like to marry and abandon his families.
Na poverty dey cause many broken homes.
Let our politicians stop marking life difficult.,let there be jobs, let there be social infrastructures etc all these will die down
Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by mrvance(m): 5:35pm On May 25, 2015
Okay oo
Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by mentorandfriend(m): 5:36pm On May 25, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:
Does it also prohibits wife from abandoning the children and the husband without food and care?

I need to read the content to ascertain the degree of partiality (if any) against men
You're fully supported on this! grin
Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by tucky200(m): 5:37pm On May 25, 2015
M0GIDI:

Face front
U think say I be like u wey dey face back
Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by 989900: 5:37pm On May 25, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:
Does it also prohibits wife from abandoning the children and the husband without food and care?

I need to read the content to ascertain the degree of partiality (if any) against men

Men and women are not equal, women get all the privileges, yet they whine about everything -- high time they start paying 'groom price' and opening the door for us, while we get into the car. cheesy

BTW, nice one by the President.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by highestcoder: 5:38pm On May 25, 2015
kk
Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by seedsower(m): 5:38pm On May 25, 2015
Segadem:
11the hour

He is still our president, please kindly deal with that.

Thank you sir.
Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by Nobody: 5:39pm On May 25, 2015
Hopefully, he signed one against child marriage if it doesn't already exist.
Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by Nobody: 5:39pm On May 25, 2015
He is signing bills but he can't deal with the fuel situation.
Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by Hman12(m): 5:40pm On May 25, 2015
Ooohhh lala so now I can own my landlord for several months, dats good news... tongue grin
Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by olaifeboy(m): 5:47pm On May 25, 2015
Please when will nairaland be going offline as well... so that i can know when to come here and not waste my battery... fuel scarcidieing
Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by PRYCE(m): 5:48pm On May 25, 2015
efilefun:
If being a "hero" translates to excrutiating pain and unwarranted hardship on the people that defied odds to vote me into position then I really am not interested in the title!
PMS goes for as high as NGN400/liter in the commercial capital of Nigeria while radio stations like Beat FM, Rainbow FM, City FM and Naija Fm have mapped out a plan to stay on air: go off air at night/midnight!.. We were still sobbing when already wobbling telecoms giant MTN hit us hard with the sad news of poor services for a while...then Arik Air's flight cancellations followed..then Indian firm Airtel too!!!...and now Banks.....sickening indeed!!
I stand to be corrected but even the goggled "demon" Gen. Sanni Abacha did not treat us this way!!
Worse still our finance minister is trading blames with petroleum marketers while the petroleum minister who doubles as OPEC chairperson is not even in the country!
How sad....
Safe to say that this administration has failed woefully and deserves all the condemnation and wrath of the populace.
However in all these I urge Nigerians to please remain calm and "follow peace with all men" for the finest of gold must pass through the hottest of furnace!
Spare a minute and say a prayer for our country for it is our ONLY home!

God bless Nigeria!
This thread is about bills bro not fuel!

Your level of obsession with the president will be your undoing wallahi! The guy will carry his hero tag until he choses to relinquish it. Deal with it! Even we his followers are already past his election loss... why are you so bitter when BabaOneChance won

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by hansad: 5:49pm On May 25, 2015
Chasing shadows instead of the substance.

After six years in office, President Jonathan is leaving behind the lopsided political structure and unitary government system created by military fiat - a political structure and governing system wrecking Nigeria.

Now Buhari must bring unitary government system to higher levels, because Buhari's northern politicians smile to the banks every revenue allocation day owing to the undue large number of states and Lgas the Buhari clan created in the north of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by MeAboki(m): 5:50pm On May 25, 2015
knightsTempler:
undecided

Lol my friend just sent me the below pic with the caption
Empirically - Go $ Get Your Fuel. Thanks [Ibo Man] - the super Man [Ifeanyi Ubah] :-)

Mtcheww, so you want us to be jealous say him get fuel ba?
LOL, see as him dey flex about im ordinary keke motor wey no even speed pass 110 MPH sef.
Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by Moana(f): 5:51pm On May 25, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:
I feel that Jonathan has done more work in the past few weeks since losing the election than in the past 6 years of his presidency
lolz
Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by smsdigito: 5:57pm On May 25, 2015
smvinreal:
This is nice
sure it is, but i hope the law protects men too o bc some women are more dangerous than some men even.

Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by PastorOla1: 6:00pm On May 25, 2015
GEJ THE MOST WICKED PRESIDENT NIGERIA WILL EVER HAVE.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by godwin120alex: 6:06pm On May 25, 2015
Ok

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by lekwas: 6:12pm On May 25, 2015
This is Victory for Human Rights at least. It is. A an Act to Eliminate Violence in Private and Public Life, prohibit ALL forms of Violence in Private and Public Life (Violence Against Persons-Prohibition Act 2015)

It covers all citizens (men and women alike)

Will share more details

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by Nobody: 6:13pm On May 25, 2015
delonz:

It would be recalled that the Senate on May 4 passed the Violence Against Persons (Prohibition) Act 2015 into law.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/jonathan-signs-two-bills-into-law/

I'm interested in this particular bill. What is the punishment for violence against gay people?? angry angry

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by jidebaba69(m): 6:27pm On May 25, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

Good point. Because what a man can do....

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by Nobody: 6:29pm On May 25, 2015
even in your grave ,GEJ God will punish you,and all your crew in multiple ways...#wicked man
Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by synergycom19: 6:33pm On May 25, 2015
The work GEJ did since he lost the election,is more than his entire five years in office

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by Nobody: 6:51pm On May 25, 2015
leftyansh:
cheesy

Finally...... Time To Sue My Dad for Neglect of Parental Duty

#dreaming of the millions grin grin grin grin grin grin grin tongue
hahaaahaahhaahaaaha hah,your own father again?
Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by Nobody: 6:55pm On May 25, 2015
tonyfrenzy:
GEJ is Naija's worst nightmare...
While Nigeria hv gone to a standstill this dumbhead is busy signing irrelevant papers.
Really excercising his dwindling power till May 29. He's a pathetic character.
Nigeria shall be great.
so signing a bill into law that will end violence and neglect of taking care of one's own is now irrelevant?.or haven't you seen husband's who batter their wives like they really punch bags? . thank God he signed it because u people and your violent party have violent plans for Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by Chigold101(m): 7:04pm On May 25, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

lolzzz is it a wife‘s duty to provide for the family?
Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by Appleyard(m): 7:18pm On May 25, 2015
ferhyntorlah:
Last minute work.

As if these are even new. Such provisions are already there in our criminal code, so, is nothing new. The only difference being that, his present law expanded the scope of the law as it relate to battery and violence against persons, specially when you take into consideration the provisions of the Matrimonial causes Act (MCA) viz the Crimina Code.

And why are the laws always bias towards men? Women no dey abandon children?

Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by marvelyole(m): 7:22pm On May 25, 2015
N whr is it stated in the constitution that the president can't pass bills into laws 2minutes to his hand over
Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by kdone: 7:23pm On May 25, 2015
well dats a good 1 though
Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by devour129: 7:23pm On May 25, 2015
Thank God for this . Nigerian men have been misbehaving because there's no law to protect the women . I know about 2 women sent out of their homes because their hubbies found new peperempe. It's now in vogue to has many mistresses n wives .
Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by dominique(f): 7:26pm On May 25, 2015
It's a couple of good bills he signed but at a very wrong time, not when the nation is about to collapse. Before signing domestic abuse bills, do we have a functional social service? How on earth do they want to implement these laws when almost every single sector is riddled with corruption? Talk about doing the right thing at the wrong time.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"That Buhari Has Igbo Driver And Cook & Not Tribalistic Is A Lie" - Reno Omokri / Shuaibu Storms Edo North (Photos) / Go After Killer Herdsmen: Buhari Orders CDS, IGP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.