Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. (37789 Views)

Osinbajo Signs Two Bills Into Law / Osinbajo Refuses To Sign 4 Bills Into Law / Osinbajo Signs Seven Bills Into Law As Acting President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by delonz(m): 2:55pm On May 25, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan, Monday, signed two bills into laws.

Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Reuben Abati told state House Correspondents that the two bills include the Violence Against Persons (Prohibition) Act 2015 and the Immigration Act 2015.

It would be recalled that the Senate on May 4 passed the Violence Against Persons (Prohibition) Act 2015 into law.

Among other things, the Act prohibits female circumcision or genital mutilation, forceful ejection from home and harmful widowhood practices.

By the provosions of the new Act, it is an offence for a husband to abandon his spouse, children and other dependents without sustenance.
The Bill also criminises battery and other harmful traditional practices.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/jonathan-signs-two-bills-into-law/

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by Nobody: 2:57pm On May 25, 2015
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 3:01pm On May 25, 2015
Does it also prohibits wife from abandoning the children and the husband without food and care?

I need to read the content to ascertain the degree of partiality (if any) against men

99 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by smvinreal(f): 3:22pm On May 25, 2015
This is nice

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by sinkhole: 3:24pm On May 25, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:
Does it also prohibits wife from abandoning the children and the husband without food and care?

I need to read the content to ascertain the degree of partiality (if any) against men
I cannot support you less!

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by Kennywills7(m): 3:27pm On May 25, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

Am sure it will cover dat, the same law binds d woman too and if it does not cover dat then the law is incomplete

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by Chimarto: 3:30pm On May 25, 2015
Too late
Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by ferhyntorlah(f): 3:30pm On May 25, 2015
Last minute work.
Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by M0GIDI: 5:27pm On May 25, 2015
Violence Against Persons (Prohibition) Act 2015 and the Immigration Act 2015.

Very necessary before the party of violence quench this country with violence.

By the provosions of the new Act, it is an offence for a husband to abandon his spouse, children and other dependents without sustenance.
The Bill also criminises battery and other harmful traditional practices.

Nice

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by knightsTempler: 5:28pm On May 25, 2015
undecided

Lol my friend just sent me the below pic with the caption

Empirically - Go $ Get Your Fuel. Thanks [Ibo Man] - the super Man [Ifeanyi Ubah] :-)

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by Nobody: 5:29pm On May 25, 2015
bgghjg
Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by leftyansh: 5:29pm On May 25, 2015
cheesy

Finally...... Time To Sue My Dad for Neglect of Parental Duty

#dreaming of the millions grin grin grin grin grin grin grin tongue

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by efilefun(m): 5:30pm On May 25, 2015
If being a "hero" translates to excrutiating pain and unwarranted hardship on the people that defied odds to vote me into position then I really am not interested in the title!
PMS goes for as high as NGN400/liter in the commercial capital of Nigeria while radio stations like Beat FM, Rainbow FM, City FM and Naija Fm have mapped out a plan to stay on air: go off air at night/midnight!.. We were still sobbing when already wobbling telecoms giant MTN hit us hard with the sad news of poor services for a while...then Arik Air's flight cancellations followed..then Indian firm Airtel too!!!...and now Banks.....sickening indeed!!
I stand to be corrected but even the goggled "demon" Gen. Sanni Abacha did not treat us this way!!
Worse still our finance minister is trading blames with petroleum marketers while the petroleum minister who doubles as OPEC chairperson is not even in the country!
How sad....
Safe to say that this administration has failed woefully and deserves all the condemnation and wrath of the populace.
However in all these I urge Nigerians to please remain calm and "follow peace with all men" for the finest of gold must pass through the hottest of furnace!
Spare a minute and say a prayer for our country for it is our ONLY home!

God bless Nigeria!

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by Burger01(m): 5:30pm On May 25, 2015
smiley

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by tucky200(m): 5:31pm On May 25, 2015
M0GIDI:

Very necessary before APC quench this country with violence.
When will u be progressive in ur lyf ?

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by Nobody: 5:31pm On May 25, 2015
GEJ is Naija's worst nightmare...
While Nigeria hv gone to a standstill this dumbhead is busy signing irrelevant papers.
Really excercising his dwindling power till May 29. He's a pathetic character.
Nigeria shall be great.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by RaDaZaBaNa(m): 5:31pm On May 25, 2015
parting gift

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 5:31pm On May 25, 2015
I feel that Jonathan has done more work in the past few weeks since losing the election than in the past 6 years of his presidency

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by fallingsky(m): 5:31pm On May 25, 2015
OK. Do make u hand over pls

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by brixton: 5:31pm On May 25, 2015
Good development !

You will always b the president I know dear GEJ!!

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by Nobody: 5:31pm On May 25, 2015
Splendid move from a clueless individual, devoid of any deep, thought processes

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by prelinctus: 5:32pm On May 25, 2015
When he didn't do anything, you guys complained. Now that he's doing something, you are still complaining. You guys should free this man now... undecided

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by klem93(m): 5:32pm On May 25, 2015
and is that the fuel subsidy he suppose to tackle? cant even wait for Friday to fly in and see Buhari doing the magic he also promise ooo

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by prelinctus: 5:32pm On May 25, 2015
Maybe he did it because he knows the incoming government would put it very low on the priority list thereby not signing it while the victims keep suffering.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by goshen26: 5:32pm On May 25, 2015
outgoing presi
Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by M0GIDI: 5:33pm On May 25, 2015
tucky200:

When will u be progressive in ur lyf ?

Face front

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by sannmi1: 5:33pm On May 25, 2015
I love this as well

Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by Segadem(m): 5:34pm On May 25, 2015
11the hour
Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by Segadem(m): 5:34pm On May 25, 2015
11th hour
Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by fr3do(m): 5:34pm On May 25, 2015
Na so!
Re: Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law. by UnclevicYBNL(m): 5:35pm On May 25, 2015
Nice one

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark / Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members / Ajibola Basiru: Buhari Pushing 1964 Northern Nigeria Decree On Cow Grazing Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.