Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,537 members, 7,819,922 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

Show Fort Thy Leaders (an Open Letter To The Igbo Race) By Esomnofu Arinze - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Show Fort Thy Leaders (an Open Letter To The Igbo Race) By Esomnofu Arinze (1508 Views)

IPOB Are Bringing Embarrasment To The Igbo Race. / The Voting Pattern By Esomnofu Arinze / B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g News: Buhari May Drop Out Of Presidential Race By Himself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Show Fort Thy Leaders (an Open Letter To The Igbo Race) By Esomnofu Arinze by ddddon(m): 4:36pm On May 25, 2015
SHOW FORTH THY LEADER (An open letter to the Igbo race) by Esomnofu Arinze

arinzeesomnofu@gmail.com

My dear brothers of the East, the political balance of our people is being threatened and for that sole reason I pick my pen to write.

The Igbo's have since the inception of baby Nigeria in 1960 held top government role in the Center, no wonder an Igbo Man ( Late Dr. Azikiwe ) was the Head of State of Nigeria.

Even when the Military came in, it was first headed by an Igbo Man in the person of Late Gen Ironsi.
Since after the "no Victor, no vanquish " statement by Gen Gowon at the end of the civil war, the Igbo nation have lost its political relevance at the center and the closest we have come is the Vice Presidency during the 2nd republic.

An average Igbo man is an entrepreneur, an average Igbo man is seen as a hustler, they are not tired of new ideals, so long it fetches them more money. we don't sleep when others sleep and I guess that's what have been keeping us going. And that's the Igbo spirit, we are conquerors.

My dear Brothers of the East, have we been able to transfer our societal lives to our political relevance? then the Big answer is "No" and who is to be blamed for this? is it our Igbo leaders or the Igbo populace? I guess you will answer the question yourself after reading this piece.

When shall we have an Igbo President ? if you are of Igbo origin reading then I crave your answer.
President Jonathan tactically added Azikiwe to his name and we all followed him, calling him one of us, but is he actually one of us? because the Jonathan I know is an Ijaw man.

How many vote did Ojukwu get during the 2003 Presidential election, a number not even up to 30% of the total voting population of the Igbo's, yet he was always tagged a leader of the Igbo's. who is fooling who?

"Igbo's show fort thy leaders"

Senator Ngige many tagged as a political powerhouse in Anambra could not even win the last senatorial elections in Idemili South.

Gov Rochas had to struggle through an election rerun to return to Douglas House

I ask again " Igbo's show forth thy leaders"

recently one of us, Ifeanyi Ubah showed an uncommon act of patriotism by deciding to release fuel (P.M.S) to various fuel station in the country at normal pump prices and some sit at the comfort of their homes criticising this act of Patriotism by our brother, and I won't be surprised if fellow Igbo's join in the criticism, for we are very good at that.

Ifeanyi Ubah, for sacrificing profits that can be made in this fuel scarcity to the good of the nation, I call you an Igbo leader, we need more people like you in our pursuit of relevance.

My people, "umu nwannem" our Major problem over the years have been identifying one of us, positioning him/her to the Center and backing that candidate all the way. If we can do this with the application of few political calculations then we will be at our rightful place, which is the Zenith of the political affairs of Nigeria and not struggle for the appointment of Secretary of the Federal Government.

God help us all. (ndi Igbo, umu nwannem)
Re: Show Fort Thy Leaders (an Open Letter To The Igbo Race) By Esomnofu Arinze by danny301: 4:38pm On May 25, 2015
I thought Dr. Alex Ekwueme who was the Vice President in the 2n republic hailed from the south east. I'm surprise to know today that the closest the IBO man came close to power after the civil was Senate presidency... When people like this op talk, they give the impression that every IBO man is hustling to survive on his own while every other Nigerian (non IBO) is depending on the government to survive. It is not true... Agreed, you have to give it to the ibos (as an ethnic group) when talking about hustling however there are millions of Nigerians (non ibos) out there who are equally hustling on their own without inputs of any kind from the government.

3 Likes

Re: Show Fort Thy Leaders (an Open Letter To The Igbo Race) By Esomnofu Arinze by missKiffy(f): 4:39pm On May 25, 2015
K
Re: Show Fort Thy Leaders (an Open Letter To The Igbo Race) By Esomnofu Arinze by solid3(m): 4:48pm On May 25, 2015
My advice to we the igbo people is that we should just forget the central politics and focus more on States and local governments, because wining presidential election in Nigeria today is near impossible for now. Let's also focus more on business.

Or better still who among us can run for presidency and have a good chance of winning?

That's the best way forward

1 Like

Re: Show Fort Thy Leaders (an Open Letter To The Igbo Race) By Esomnofu Arinze by M0GIDI: 4:49pm On May 25, 2015
Show fort thy leaders and the Yorubas brought out thiffnubu, I laugh in Kafachan.

1 Like

Re: Show Fort Thy Leaders (an Open Letter To The Igbo Race) By Esomnofu Arinze by AhmedMustapha(m): 4:52pm On May 25, 2015
It should be Nigerians show forth thy Leaders!
Re: Show Fort Thy Leaders (an Open Letter To The Igbo Race) By Esomnofu Arinze by AhmedMustapha(m): 4:53pm On May 25, 2015
solid3:
My advice to we the igbo people is that we should just forget the central politics and focus more on States and local governments, because wining presidential election in Nigeria today is near impossible for now. Let's also focus more on business.

Or better still who among us can run for presidency and have a good chance of winning?

That's the best way forward
You
Re: Show Fort Thy Leaders (an Open Letter To The Igbo Race) By Esomnofu Arinze by ginawest(f): 5:04pm On May 25, 2015
nwanne,d tin z dat most of us do not even care bou politics... anybody can rule as far as he won't stop me from doing my business

1 Like

Re: Show Fort Thy Leaders (an Open Letter To The Igbo Race) By Esomnofu Arinze by ddddon(m): 5:37pm On May 25, 2015
AhmedMustapha:
It should be Nigerians show forth thy Leaders!
dear Ahmed, we are all one Nigeria, but at this time the Igbo race needs a strong leader. unlike you people in the North you have many leaders that commands strong followership.
Re: Show Fort Thy Leaders (an Open Letter To The Igbo Race) By Esomnofu Arinze by AhmedMustapha(m): 5:39pm On May 25, 2015
ddddon:
I thought Col. Ojukwu is your leader and no region in this country has a Man/Woman that speaks for it, that's nonsense
Re: Show Fort Thy Leaders (an Open Letter To The Igbo Race) By Esomnofu Arinze by ddddon(m): 5:40pm On May 25, 2015
ginawest:
nwanne,d tin z dat most of us do not even care bou politics... anybody can rule as far as he won't stop me from doing my business

for how long won't we care? I say we identify a leader and push the person straight to the center
Re: Show Fort Thy Leaders (an Open Letter To The Igbo Race) By Esomnofu Arinze by madamoringo(f): 5:42pm On May 25, 2015
ibos don't need, want to be or would ever become president of Nigeria again! They will be president in their biafra. Let them work hard to get that biafra first and let us se who will stop them from being president in the ibo country.

BTW, let all the ibos not in iboland relocate first to their iboland biafra because you are just joking if you keep migrating to other people's land and still cry for biafra!
Re: Show Fort Thy Leaders (an Open Letter To The Igbo Race) By Esomnofu Arinze by Yeske2(m): 6:11pm On May 25, 2015
Anyi bu Ndigbo really don't know our position in the scheme of things.
2003 presidential election our Ojukwu contested, Ndigbo voted Obasanjo
2007 elections, Ndigbo voted late Yar'adua/Jonathan instead of Buhari/late Okadigbo
2015 elections, we had Igbos contesting but Ndigbo voted for an Ijaw man in the person of Jonathan.
Ndigbo ain't ready for any position to lead this country and i dare say we are what we are called.... Any government in power (AGIP).
Re: Show Fort Thy Leaders (an Open Letter To The Igbo Race) By Esomnofu Arinze by AlfaSeltzer(m): 6:20pm On May 25, 2015
I want every Igbo person to really study our history especially the period 1965 - 1975
Any Igbo, after such history that wants to be more Nigerian than Biafran is simply rejected
That will explain our voting pattern for you
Re: Show Fort Thy Leaders (an Open Letter To The Igbo Race) By Esomnofu Arinze by zendy: 7:04pm On May 25, 2015
ddddon:
SHOW FORTH THY LEADER (An open letter to the Igbo race) by Esomnofu Arinze

arinzeesomnofu@gmail.com

My dear brothers of the East, the political balance of our people is being threatened and for that sole reason I pick my pen to write.

The Igbo's have since the inception of baby Nigeria in 1960 held top government role in the Center, no wonder an Igbo Man ( Late Dr. Azikiwe ) was the Head of State of Nigeria.

Even when the Military came in, it was first headed by an Igbo Man in the person of Late Gen Ironsi.
Since after the "no Victor, no vanquish " statement by Gen Gowon at the end of the civil war, the Igbo nation have lost its political relevance at the center and the closest we have come is the Vice Presidency during the 2nd republic.

An average Igbo man is an entrepreneur, an average Igbo man is seen as a hustler, they are not tired of new ideals, so long it fetches them more money. we don't sleep when others sleep and I guess that's what have been keeping us going. And that's the Igbo spirit, we are conquerors.

My dear Brothers of the East, have we been able to transfer our societal lives to our political relevance? then the Big answer is "No" and who is to be blamed for this? is it our Igbo leaders or the Igbo populace? I guess you will answer the question yourself after reading this piece.

When shall we have an Igbo President ? if you are of Igbo origin reading then I crave your answer.
President Jonathan tactically added Azikiwe to his name and we all followed him, calling him one of us, but is he actually one of us? because the Jonathan I know is an Ijaw man.

How many vote did Ojukwu get during the 2003 Presidential election, a number not even up to 30% of the total voting population of the Igbo's, yet he was always tagged a leader of the Igbo's. who is fooling who?

Senator Ngige many tagged as a political powerhouse in Anambra could not even win the last senatorial elections in Idemili South.

Gov Rochas had to struggle through an election rerun to return to Douglas House

I ask again " Igbo's show forth thy leaders"

recently one of us, Ifeanyi Ubah showed an uncommon act of patriotism by deciding to release fuel (P.M.S) to various fuel station in the country at normal pump prices and some sit at the comfort of their homes criticising this act of Patriotism by our brother, and I won't be surprised if fellow Igbo's join in the criticism, for we are very good at that.

Ifeanyi Ubah, for sacrificing profits that can be made in this fuel scarcity to the good of the nation, I call you an Igbo leader, we need more people like you in our pursuit of relevance.

My people, "umu nwannem" our Major problem over the years have been identifying one of us, positioning him/her to the Center and backing that candidate all the way. If we can do this with the application of few political calculations then we will be at our rightful place, which is the Zenith of the political affairs of Nigeria and not struggle for the appointment of Secretary of the Federal Government.

God help us all. (ndi Igbo, umu nwannem)

After this write up yours, if you still don't understand why us Igbos should agitate for our own country then you are lost. Nigeria was basically an experiment to see if the 3 main ethnic groups of Hausa-Fulani, Igbo, Yorubas and the minorities could could live together in a progressive society. That experiment failed woefully. It is time for the Igbos to seek their destiny in another political atmosphere. Igbos should not be relegated to seeking relevance in this British created contraption called Nigeria. It is time for us to breakaway and form Biafra.

2 Likes

Re: Show Fort Thy Leaders (an Open Letter To The Igbo Race) By Esomnofu Arinze by ddddon(m): 7:07pm On May 25, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:
I want every Igbo person to really study our history especially the period 1965 - 1975
Any Igbo, after such history that wants to be more Nigerian than Biafran is simply rejected
That will explain our voting pattern for you
we should stop mentioning Biafra here because its far from our reach for now. Lets focus on craving for political relevance like we have done in the past.
Re: Show Fort Thy Leaders (an Open Letter To The Igbo Race) By Esomnofu Arinze by pazienza(m): 7:52pm On May 25, 2015
Yeske2:
2007 elections, Ndigbo voted late Yar'adua/Jonathan instead of Buhari/late Okadigbo
2015 elections, we had Igbos contesting but Ndigbo voted for an Ijaw man in the person of Jonathan.
Ndigbo ain't ready for any position to lead this country and i dare say we are what we are called.... Any government in power (AGIP).

If you are an Igboman, then you seriously need to visit a psychiatrist.

1 Like

Re: Show Fort Thy Leaders (an Open Letter To The Igbo Race) By Esomnofu Arinze by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:57pm On May 25, 2015
ddddon:
we should stop mentioning Biafra here because its far from our reach for now. Lets focus on craving for political relevance like we have done in the past.

abboki
Re: Show Fort Thy Leaders (an Open Letter To The Igbo Race) By Esomnofu Arinze by ddddon(m): 10:23pm On May 25, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:

abboki
before calling me aboki check yourself properly and ask who is the aboki, what is 'alfa' doing in your monika
Re: Show Fort Thy Leaders (an Open Letter To The Igbo Race) By Esomnofu Arinze by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:56pm On May 25, 2015
ddddon:
before calling me aboki check yourself properly and ask who is the aboki, what is 'alfa' doing in your monika

Alfa is my baptism name
Given by Satan
Re: Show Fort Thy Leaders (an Open Letter To The Igbo Race) By Esomnofu Arinze by focus7: 11:29pm On May 25, 2015
Igbos in their quest to belong and relevance will call donkey their brother if it come in the names like Azikwe Donkey Ikemba. I have not seeing a people that is so sentimental to the point of lacking discretion. Instead of them to learn from other regions, all the go about doing is hating and only ended up being hated by all.
Re: Show Fort Thy Leaders (an Open Letter To The Igbo Race) By Esomnofu Arinze by Lordave: 12:04am On May 26, 2015
ddddon:
We should stop mentioning what your father probably died for

And you want us to believe you're Igbo?

The moment I saw this post I knew it's aim was nothing but one of the devices being used to weaken the agitation for an Igbo country.

I know you would like some Igbo wannabes to agree with you and then you will come back here with your other account to insult the Igbos and accuse us of being confused. You want to con the world to believing that Igbos don't know what they want, whether it's a Biafran Nation or a Nigerian president of the Igbo extraction.

Sorry, you have failed woefully on this mission and the whole world can see that we Igbos want nothing but an Igbo country.

Asu anwuru!

1 Like

Re: Show Fort Thy Leaders (an Open Letter To The Igbo Race) By Esomnofu Arinze by Nobody: 12:18am On May 26, 2015
Who has Yoruba shown as leader??
Thiefunubu ?? Lol

Igbos' are more Biafrans less Nigerians
We care less about Nigerian...

1 Like

Re: Show Fort Thy Leaders (an Open Letter To The Igbo Race) By Esomnofu Arinze by Yeske2(m): 7:15am On May 26, 2015
pazienza:

If you are an Igboman, then you seriously need to visit a psychiatrist.
For saying telling the truth the way it is?
Ok, pray tell, why is it that Ndigbo never vote their own when it matters?
Re: Show Fort Thy Leaders (an Open Letter To The Igbo Race) By Esomnofu Arinze by AmucheJane(f): 7:37am On May 26, 2015
Igbo this igbo that, make una leave us alone o. I will love it if we stand on our own self.
Re: Show Fort Thy Leaders (an Open Letter To The Igbo Race) By Esomnofu Arinze by Nobody: 8:01am On May 26, 2015
Yeske2:

Your very dull for saying Ndigbo voted Obasanjo, were you expecting Ojukwu to win election in Nigeria, Pita Obi that won Ngige didn't you see how it went, APGA won Imo in the same year didn't you see how it went.

Just because Jonathan made your voted started counting last week you think Nigeria have been in democracy all these while.
Re: Show Fort Thy Leaders (an Open Letter To The Igbo Race) By Esomnofu Arinze by Nobody: 8:03am On May 26, 2015
madamoringo:
ibos don't need, want to be or would ever become president of Nigeria again! They will be president in their biafra. Let them work hard to get that biafra first and let us se who will stop them from being president in the ibo country.

BTW, let all the ibos not in iboland relocate first to their iboland biafra because you are just joking if you keep migrating to other people's land and still cry for biafra!

We are not owoda people
Re: Show Fort Thy Leaders (an Open Letter To The Igbo Race) By Esomnofu Arinze by ddddon(m): 8:40am On May 26, 2015
Lordave:
We should stop mentioning what your father probably died for

And you want us to believe you're Igbo?

The moment I saw this post I knew it's aim was nothing but one of the devices being used to weaken the agitation for an Igbo country.

I know you would like some Igbo wannabes to agree with you and then you will come back here with your other account to insult the Igbos and accuse us of being confused. You want to con the world to believing that Igbos don't know what they want, whether it's a Biafran Nation or a Nigerian president of the Igbo extraction.

Sorry, you have failed woefully on this mission and the whole world can see that we Igbos want nothing but an Igbo country.

Asu anwuru!
please what agitation are you talking about? When was the last time the igbo race unanimously agreed on the Biafra movement. Late Ojukwu that agitated for Biafra did so because of the genocide in the north then and general injustice melted to we igbos.
Will u say that thats the case now?
The essence is not to wake sleeping Biafra now, but how to strive about political relevance here.
Biafra to me now is daydreaming
plz if ur Igbo dont turn this trend to a Biafra agitation trend.

It is not the intent of the author.

Once again i ask, we should show forth our leader, and i will render solutions on how to push the individual to the center.

Thank you.
Re: Show Fort Thy Leaders (an Open Letter To The Igbo Race) By Esomnofu Arinze by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:47am On May 26, 2015
Yeske2:

Don't you think obj rigged his own elections?
And in 2015, every other tribe voted for either gej or buhari, while ignoring their own tribesmen/women.
it wasn't exclusive to igbos
Re: Show Fort Thy Leaders (an Open Letter To The Igbo Race) By Esomnofu Arinze by ddddon(m): 9:22am On May 26, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Don't you think obj rigged his own elections?
And in 2015, every other tribe voted for either gej or buhari, while ignoring their own tribesmen/women.
it wasn't exclusive to igbos

true talk

(1) (Reply)

Photos From APC's Mock Election For Senate President Held Yesterday / Islamisation Of Igboland...is This How Buhari Want To Achieve It. / We Regret Voting Buhari – South West Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.