Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

Why Do People Drive When It Makes More Sense To Ride A Bike - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Do People Drive When It Makes More Sense To Ride A Bike (6010 Views)

2017 Mercedes GLE450 : The Latest Ride Of Davido, The Review! / Honda Goldwing Three Wheeler Bike Spotted In Lagos / Photo Of Okada Rider Carrying 9 Passengers On One Bike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Drive When It Makes More Sense To Ride A Bike by bukolafeyi: 8:32pm On May 25, 2015
In Lagos Nigeria, It's amazing why people still go through all the trouble of driving for 6 hours when they can just spend 30 minutes riding a bike.

Why suffer driving when you can ride?

Can you tell why you will spend 8,000 Naira to fuel your car weekly when all you need is spend 1,200 for a super-bike for the same week?

Why not Ride a bike and save a potential over N288,000 annually. This is what i saves when I Ride! So why would I drive a car in Lagos during rush hour

Why wake up at 3:30am when you can wake up at 6:30am, ride to work for 30 minutes and still get to work on time?

Riding saves you a minimum of 5hours/day, 25hours/week, 4days/month and 48days/year?

I wonder why you would drive instead of Ride and save time , money and have a better quality of life?

More people need to Ride more!!!!

what do you think or say?

7 Likes

Re: Why Do People Drive When It Makes More Sense To Ride A Bike by doublewisdom: 8:36pm On May 25, 2015
Motor never jam you once!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Drive When It Makes More Sense To Ride A Bike by Fulaman198(m): 8:38pm On May 25, 2015
That's a great idea if you are close to work.
Re: Why Do People Drive When It Makes More Sense To Ride A Bike by Readonee35L(m): 8:41pm On May 25, 2015
I dont really like bikes..infact apart from bicycle i cnt imagine my self riding a power bike tho i know how to ride.. You see ehn
I dont feel safe on bikes kos of does two tires no stabilizers.. any small accident u are gone abi u neva see that bike accidents thread u go fear death..
Tho they are fast and you spend less but i dont like it
Re: Why Do People Drive When It Makes More Sense To Ride A Bike by Jackeeh(m): 8:42pm On May 25, 2015
Rain and sun never hammer you before.
Or I've got an important appointment by 8.00am and it's been raining since 5am,with no sign of fizzling out anytime soon. Is my bike still preferable in this scenario?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Drive When It Makes More Sense To Ride A Bike by Nobody: 8:42pm On May 25, 2015
Imagine everyone biking at same time?
Thats madness
Re: Why Do People Drive When It Makes More Sense To Ride A Bike by diportivo: 10:39pm On May 25, 2015
Jackeeh:
Rain and sun never hammer you before.
Or I've got an important appointment by 8.00am and it's been raining since 5am,with no sign of fizzing out anytime soon. Is my bike still preferable in this scenario?

bros,u nailed it grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Drive When It Makes More Sense To Ride A Bike by billy187(m): 6:40am On May 26, 2015
kenonze:
Imagine everyone biking at same time? Thats madness
That's China grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Drive When It Makes More Sense To Ride A Bike by Nobody: 7:23pm On May 26, 2015
billy187:

That's China grin
grin
Re: Why Do People Drive When It Makes More Sense To Ride A Bike by holusormi(m): 7:00am On May 27, 2015
I still don't know the kind of demon that will enter me ,that will make me ride a power bike on the third maiand bridge, to/fro work ... Practically all drivers there are mad... Anytime I go on that bridge, my mad side gets fully activated ...sometimes while driving I purposely chase bikes out of the road, it's fun watching them scrambling here and there... With all my evils , you expect me to ride a bike on that bridge ? undecided.... Hell noooo!!! I'll pass, and thanks for the offer angry

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Drive When It Makes More Sense To Ride A Bike by bukolafeyi: 7:41pm On May 27, 2015
diportivo:

bros,u nailed it grin

@Diportivo.
It simply mean that you will rather be suffering and smiling in traffic everyday.
It amazing how people fear what they don't know, and they spread the same unfounded fear.

@ the sun and rain hammar comment. if you do not know, Their are Rainsuits that you can wear to ride in the rain. And when you are under the sun, their are mesh riding jackets that you can use that ensures you are cool while you ride.

Always make sure you do your research and know what you are talking about before you make a comment.

If you are kitted up with a Helmet , Jacket, riding shoes, gloves, and all you need to ride, you can create a company while others are still stuck on traffic.
Try thinking outside the box

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Drive When It Makes More Sense To Ride A Bike by diportivo: 10:43pm On May 27, 2015
bukolafeyi:

@Diportivo.
It simply mean that you will rather be suffering and smiling in traffic everyday.
It amazing how people fear what they don't know, and they spread the same unfounded fear.

@ the sun and rain hammar comment. if you do not know, Their are Rainsuits that you can wear to ride in the rain. And when you are under the sun, their are mesh riding jackets that you can use that ensures you are cool while you ride.

Always make sure you do your research and know what you are talking about before you make a comment.

If you are kitted up with a Helmet , Jacket, riding shoes, gloves, and all you need to ride, you can create a company while others are still stuck on traffic.
Try thinking outside the box

thinkin outside the box u say??ur point has been noted

i know all about ATGATT,but after all has been said and done,im not a fan and dats my stance.

im wondering wat research u are asking me to do,wen d essence of fora like dis is to learn..i didnt make any reference to wateva it is u said.i quoted the person i feel shared my view,had a good laff,and moved on.life is too short to take trivial issues personal

driving thru traffic is my choice.u didnt make it for me.saying im suffering and smiling in it is pointless...cos i honestly dont know wat u r implying by dat statement

goodluck on ur biking...wateva rocks ur boat doesnt av to rock mine..
Re: Why Do People Drive When It Makes More Sense To Ride A Bike by bukolafeyi: 4:11pm On May 28, 2015
@Diportivo
No offence meant!

I am just trying to see what would be the reason that could prompt people to Ride a Bike as a solution to getting stuck in traffic?

Will it be an option for people if it can be made more safe?

Would you ride if it saved you 5hours daily? would you ride if it save you N6,000 weekly? would you ride if it was safe like on the streets of Spain, London, Italy, Germany and France?

Would you ride if it allowed you quality time to do what you want at anytime? and all you needed to ride safe was available??

This is just what I am getting at for Lagos Nigeria.

Cheers

Bukky

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Drive When It Makes More Sense To Ride A Bike by edward1984(m): 6:51pm On May 28, 2015
bukolafeyi:
In Lagos Nigeria, It's amazing why people still go through all the trouble of driving for 6 hours when they can just spend 30 minutes riding a bike.

Why suffer driving when you can ride?

Can you tell why you will spend 8,000 Naira to fuel your car weekly when all you need is spend 1,200 for a super-bike for the same week?

Why not Ride a bike and save a potential over N288,000 annually. This is what i saves when I Ride! So why would I drive a car in Lagos during rush hour

Why wake up at 3:30am when you can wake up at 6:30am, ride to work for 30 minutes and still get to work on time?

Riding saves you a minimum of 5hours/day, 25hours/week, 4days/month and 48days/year?

I wonder why you would drive instead of Ride and save time , money and have a better quality of life?

More people need to Ride more!!!!

what do you think or say?

Are you serious ? that's not a question ,, a country that no one keeps the law ,,, people should think of safety first,, how many bikes get hit by car, bus or what so ever every week ? It dangerous that's why people don't use it,, If only our country was well developed like Holland were bike riding is a common means of transportation

Re: Why Do People Drive When It Makes More Sense To Ride A Bike by sultaan(m): 7:39pm On May 28, 2015
In Nigeria it is mainly about image first safety second but in Lagos it is about safety first image second savings is not worth it when it comes to personal safely
Re: Why Do People Drive When It Makes More Sense To Ride A Bike by rymesgentility(m): 9:05pm On May 28, 2015
lol Bro flex ur bike , i need my car a.c better relaxation ,life is too short to dey deprive ur self some kind enjoyment coz of saving #say no to bike and evil nd live longer
Re: Why Do People Drive When It Makes More Sense To Ride A Bike by diportivo: 11:23pm On May 28, 2015
bukolafeyi:
@Diportivo
No offence meant!

I am just trying to see what would be the reason that could prompt people to Ride a Bike as a solution to getting stuck in traffic?

Will it be an option for people if it can be made more safe?

Would you ride if it saved you 5hours daily? would you ride if it save you N6,000 weekly? would you ride if it was safe like on the streets of Spain, London, Italy, Germany and France?

Would you ride if it allowed you quality time to do what you want at anytime? and all you needed to ride safe was available??

This is just what I am getting at for Lagos Nigeria.

Cheers

Bukky

bukky,

for the reason u av up there,i will ride a bike over and over again..while i admit that hopping on a bike from point a to b is faster,quicker and more economical,ur stance on safety is enough reason for me not to even venture into it

bikes isnt for me right about now,maybe later in the future

meanwhile,happy biking bro....
Re: Why Do People Drive When It Makes More Sense To Ride A Bike by Lexusgs430: 12:22am On May 29, 2015
billy187:

That's China grin

Or Holland

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Drive When It Makes More Sense To Ride A Bike by Lexusgs430: 12:26am On May 29, 2015
With the lack of respect for normal traffic rules and regulations in Lagos.
Okada no respect car, car no respect bus, bus no respect lorry, inshort nah 1st to chuk nose. You wan take you and your bicycle compete for lagos rat race?
Have life insurance sorted, cos it is not if, it's when!!!
Re: Why Do People Drive When It Makes More Sense To Ride A Bike by bukolafeyi: 6:16pm On May 29, 2015
Thanks a lot everyone. I assume most people think I am talking about Bicycles.
No what i meant was MotoBike or Motorcycles or superbikes or scooters. This takes out the elements of a bicycle

Here are some pictures showing both men and women.
[img][/img]

Re: Why Do People Drive When It Makes More Sense To Ride A Bike by bukolafeyi: 6:19pm On May 29, 2015
more pictures for you all to ponder from the streets of Spain, France and Italy
[img][/img]

Re: Why Do People Drive When It Makes More Sense To Ride A Bike by bukolafeyi: 6:25pm On May 29, 2015
The corporate riders perpective

Re: Why Do People Drive When It Makes More Sense To Ride A Bike by bukolafeyi: 6:27pm On May 29, 2015
Can I get you perpectives to riding again now.

What do you all think?
Does this make sense for Lagos if it save you 6hours daily, 240k anually, and help you make more out of your day if you have all the safety riding gears?

I look forward to your comment,

Cheers

Bukky
Re: Why Do People Drive When It Makes More Sense To Ride A Bike by instinctg(m): 8:06am On May 30, 2015
really OP makes sense, but the ONLY drawback for me is the risk involved. the kits are not crash proof .
Re: Why Do People Drive When It Makes More Sense To Ride A Bike by idu1(m): 8:19am On May 30, 2015
bukolafeyi:

Can I get you perpectives to riding again now.

What do you all think?
Does this make sense for Lagos if it save you 6hours daily, 240k anually, and help you make more out of your day if you have all the safety riding gears?

I look forward to your comment,

Cheers

Bukky
I reason the same way with u.
Re: Why Do People Drive When It Makes More Sense To Ride A Bike by sultaan(m): 5:51pm On May 30, 2015
You have all seen the roads those bikes are on and the lanes that guide the car drivers what you didn't see is the cracks and potholes that send most cars drivers in Nigeria to be with their ancestors.
Re: Why Do People Drive When It Makes More Sense To Ride A Bike by airlord2020: 4:25am On May 31, 2015
I admire bikes but for safety reasons, I cannot ride on lagos roads. I've seen power bike accidents before and it was really scary. A colleague bought one but is still scared of using it to work. It's just a weekend bike to the beach
Re: Why Do People Drive When It Makes More Sense To Ride A Bike by Whizpeter(m): 7:17am On May 31, 2015
airlord2020:
I admire bikes but for safety reasons, I cannot ride on lagos roads. I've seen power bike accidents before and it was really scary. A colleague bought one but is still scared of using it to work. It's just a weekend bike to the beach

That kind accident that would require a DNA before you're identified..

So Op ehn, you wanna tell me that if you've got a range in ya garage, you'd park it and ride ya suzuki sports bike instead?

You never CHEE CHOM CHIN..

Your ticket to the great beyond would be first class
Re: Why Do People Drive When It Makes More Sense To Ride A Bike by lonelydora: 9:53am On May 31, 2015
How much is a Power Bike and how much is a car?
Re: Why Do People Drive When It Makes More Sense To Ride A Bike by bukolafeyi: 4:27am On Jun 06, 2015
airlord2020:

@Airlord2020, I have been riding for over 10 years in Lagos, and believe me nothing is much more pleasurable than riding considering the bad traffic conditions in Lagos that you get stuck in with a car. It does not have to be risky if you learn to do it right and make sure you wear the necessary gear for safety.
Their are school in Lagos where you can learn how to ride properly and safely, and the best part is that they provide you the bike to learn with. and their are also places where you can get the right safety kits as well. see information for both below.
Believe me, it is not as dangerous and scary as people term it to be if you do it right. Se some info for you below

1: For a riding school visit www.rideeasy.org
2: For quality kits and gears visit www.metallichorses.com.

Cheers

Bukky
Re: Why Do People Drive When It Makes More Sense To Ride A Bike by kelvine(m): 10:06pm On Jul 16, 2015
I have always nurtured the dream of riding a power bike. Do you have suggestions where I can get cheap and good power bikes ?

bukolafeyi:

@Airlord2020, I have been riding for over 10 years in Lagos, and believe me nothing is much more pleasurable than riding considering the bad traffic conditions in Lagos that you get stuck in with a car. It does not have to be risky if you learn to do it right and make sure you wear the necessary gear for safety.
Their are school in Lagos where you can learn how to ride properly and safely, and the best part is that they provide you the bike to learn with. and their are also places where you can get the right safety kits as well. see information for both below.
Believe me, it is not as dangerous and scary as people term it to be if you do it right. Se some info for you below

Cheers

Bukky
Re: Why Do People Drive When It Makes More Sense To Ride A Bike by iyisco2001(m): 11:26am On Aug 08, 2015
bukolafeyi:

Cheers

Bukky
Guy, I hope you are still alive. grin

I love bikes, even though I never buy one before, I am actually considering one badly right now. But the moment your family and loved ones hear, you no go dit think am again.
For all the reason you stated, it is a very good opinion I'd you live in Lagos to get a bike, I live at berger and work at VI, it is just about 45mins trip no traffic.
But in Lagos, everyone is mad. How I go put my life at the mercy of a mad person?.

I will still buy one soon anyway.
How Much is the training school, let's start from there.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Reliable Is Nissan Almera And Nissan Primera / Pls Read -bought A Honda Pilot 03 Without Even Having The Intention To. / Why Are Cars So Expensive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.