Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,407 members, 7,812,205 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:01 AM

Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience (25499 Views)

Uma Ukpai Polytechnic Massive Job Recruitment 2017 (academic & Non-academic) / Legacy Polytechnic Non Academic Recruitment (10 Positions) / The Federal Polytechnic Of Oil And Gas,Bonny Recruitment 2015 (over 50) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by udeh3(m): 9:21am On Jul 11, 2015
Point of correction, no full POLYTECHNIC program is 4yrs. It was a program designed for 5yrs.
Back to the issue of discrimination, I believe It exist but have not faced any discrimination as a poly graduate. Discrimination is a thing of the heart, you bears the risk when you feel you're inferior. During my IT days, all the poly students doing their IT in NGC were well paid better than their university counterpart.

Another point is that, some persons went to the POLYTECHNIC not because they really love technology but because they were not able to secure admission in d university. Many of these people in d POLYTECHNIC are not self motivated coming to the POLYTECHNIC, you see them not even interested in lectures, some find a way to excape practicals, etc. Some interviewers are fun of asking this question "What motivated you schooling in the POLYTECHNIC?" That question only is to show whether you really know your 'onion' as a graduate from the POLYTECHNIC.

I'm proudly a POLYTECHNIC graduate, I rep The FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC, Ado-Ekiti!
Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by patomalabosan(m): 9:24am On Jul 11, 2015
It has been written, 'Bsc have i loved nd Hnd have i hated'.
Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by talk2yommex2000(m): 9:31am On Jul 11, 2015
kado:
ThIs discrimination starts right at the polythecnic. Do they employ HND as lecturers?

Yes, we do. Even HND holder/graduates lecturing in the polytechnics.
Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by DrGroove(f): 9:40am On Jul 11, 2015
As far as I am concerned,HND holder is an illiterate!

Except he/she studied engineering!

1 Like

Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by akaahs(m): 9:47am On Jul 11, 2015
To me i hv comw to live wit it, bcause i told myself i have wat its takes to achieve my career goal wit d HND,i'm done wit PGD & planing for master but none of my family member 'll go to poly again due to what i pass through.
Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by Nobody: 9:53am On Jul 11, 2015
Qyubee:
Unilorin
can we chat via whatsapp?
Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by hakinz87: 10:05am On Jul 11, 2015
Polytechnic Graduates are trained of two things ; to work and establish themselves with theskills they have and to be able to defend and work with there certificate anywhere.
A Polytechnic student who is hard working and with God's favour always have the upper hand in her field.
There are many of them that works with there certificate and also have there own firms ( in fields Like engineering, surveying, architecture, art and designs etc)
Most so called BSc holders rely mostly on their certificate only, that's why they run to hell when they are suddenly sack.
Don't be discouraged with their comments, follow up ur goals, go for your professional programs and live your life as an achiever.
Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by bembesty(m): 10:05am On Jul 11, 2015
bros better u apply for ur Bsc programme in any sch even in a varsity where pt is being run
Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by Futurecrown(m): 10:07am On Jul 11, 2015
udeh3:
Point of correction, no full POLYTECHNIC program is 4yrs. It was a program designed for 5yrs.
Back to the issue of discrimination, I believe It exist but have not faced any discrimination as a poly graduate. Discrimination is a thing of the heart, you bears the risk when you feel you're inferior. During my IT days, all the poly students doing their IT in NGC were well paid better than their university counterpart.

Another point is that, some persons went to the POLYTECHNIC not because they really love technology but because they were not able to secure admission in d university. Many of these people in d POLYTECHNIC are not self motivated coming to the POLYTECHNIC, you see them not even interested in lectures, some find a way to excape practicals, etc. Some interviewers are fun of asking this question "What motivated you schooling in the POLYTECHNIC?" That question only is to show whether you really know your 'onion' as a graduate from the POLYTECHNIC.

I'm proudly a POLYTECHNIC graduate, I rep The FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC, Ado-Ekiti!
Once an Alumni. Great Polite!
Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by Abbey2sam(m): 10:09am On Jul 11, 2015
we should stop this foe cries about discrimination, somethings are not meant to be equal in life, and can never be equal, I'm a polytechnic graduate and I'm proud of it, cuz at the end of the day this certificates simply means you're gonna work for somebody or for the government, either way you're under someone, I'm not saying its bad, its not because everyone can not be their own boss,some of us are born to lead some to follow, some are just to watch and spectate while things happen

you just have to know where you want to be and drive toward that path, stop wallowing in self pity or been victimize

lets create wealth
Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by mizzhoneey(f): 10:28am On Jul 11, 2015
Armstrong34:
........,yhu dnt knw wat yhu r saying... it is easy to get good grades in poly ,mayb yhu attended a private monotecnhnic

I said about science courses,but I am very sure dat social science courses are easy to pass in polytechnics. I am not a serious stdnt,I no dey read like #mofedaku#but when exams come,I knw how to pass. Most of my friends then cry and lament abt how difficult d exams are bt when I compare it to what my friends in UI and UNILORIN are doing ,I no say na beans. I attended Ondo State Poly. Had 3.48. We had 1 dinstinction,6 upper,abt 11 lower nd a lot of strong passes. I wonder how stdnts who know next to nothing fail exams and cry about that good grades are easy to come by.
Y una no shout when cut off for uni is 200 and dat of poly is 150-170?? I ended up in poly cos I wasn't qualified for admission in UI. Dat doesn't mean hating uni stdnts cos of my unseriousness
Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by larrysng(m): 10:29am On Jul 11, 2015
Your Bsc or HND certificates does not guarantee your success in life. Those that were of the point that HND is not equivalent to Bsc should start to change their thinking because even with your Bsc you are not too sure of securing a good job. The fact that the system is faulty does not mean that Bsc holders have sharp minds compare to HND holders.

Do you know that discrimination exist between a Federal universities Bsc certificates and States Universities Certificates? Before you even start to feel like a super hero just because you're a Bsc graduate. That is to tell you how back the system is in Nigeria.

Nigerians youth need to start thinking outside the box. There are few jobs out there that can accommodates millions of graduates our schools were producing year in year out. Your certificates becomes useless if you are not part of the few that can get the few jobs out there.

If you want to be relevant after acquiring your Bsc certificate that you most cherish start learning a skill today otherwise you're going to end up working under a HND holder who in the face of discrimination has move on to begin in a start up.
Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by mizzhoneey(f): 10:30am On Jul 11, 2015
Abbey2sam:
we should stop this foe cries about discrimination, somethings are not meant to be equal in life, and can never be equal, I'm a polytechnic graduate and I'm proud of it, cuz at the end of the day this certificates simply means you're gonna work for somebody or for the government, either way you're under someone, I'm not saying its bad, its not because everyone can not be their own boss,some of us are born to lead some to follow, some are just to watch and spectate while things happen

you just have to know where you want to be and drive toward that path, stop wallowing in self pity or been victimize

lets create wealth

U re so so on point. Let dem continue to shout discrimination while their mates are busy seeking for a better life
Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by oladeledave: 10:43am On Jul 11, 2015
Graduate Trainee (Property Manager) at Rumi Properties
http://dynamicexploits..com/2015/07/graduate-trainee-property-manager-at.html

Estates Surveyors at Rumi Properties
http://dynamicexploits..com/2015/07/estates-surveyors-at-rumi-properties.html

Graphic Designers at Jeafia Synergy
http://dynamicexploits..com/2015/07/graphic-designers-at-jeafia-synergy.html

Graduate Trainee Recruitment at Fidelix Textile Mills Limited
http://dynamicexploits..com/2015/07/graduate-trainee-recruitment-at-fidelix.html

Shoppers at Supermart Nigeria
http://dynamicexploits..com/2015/07/shoppers-at-supermart-nigeria.html

Secondary Class Subject Teachers at Bradfield Consulting Limited
http://dynamicexploits..com/2015/07/secondary-class-subject-teachers-at.html

Analyst - IARCS at KPMG Nigeria
http://dynamicexploits..com/2015/07/analyst-iarcs-at-kpmg-nigeria.html

Accountants at a Fast Growing Indigenous Electronics Company
http://dynamicexploits..com/2015/07/accountants-at-fast-growing-indigenous.html

Business Development Executives at a Reputable Marketing Communication Company
http://dynamicexploits..com/2015/07/business-development-executives-at.html

Credit Control Analyst at MainOne Cable Nigeria
http://dynamicexploits..com/2015/07/credit-control-analyst-at-mainone-cable.html

Medical Officers at Adefemi Hospital Limited
http://dynamicexploits..com/2015/07/medical-officers-at-adefemi-hospital.html

Female Business Development Executives at a Reputable Company
http://dynamicexploits..com/2015/07/female-business-development-executives.html

Teachers at an International Standard Primary School
http://dynamicexploits..com/2015/07/teachers-at-international-standard.html

Front Desk Officers at a Major Printing Company
http://dynamicexploits..com/2015/07/front-desk-officers-at-major-printing.html

Teachers (A level) at an International School
http://dynamicexploits..com/2015/07/teachers-level-at-international-school.html
Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by Owliver(m): 10:43am On Jul 11, 2015
DrGroove:
As far as I am concerned,HND holder is an illiterate!

Except he/she studied engineering!
lol
Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by blessingee: 10:49am On Jul 11, 2015
People just scream of discrimination instead of looking for solution. You have HND and BSC is what you need to get accelerated and continued promotion, why not get the BSC and stop lamenting? I have HND and have acquired other certs since acquiring my HND.

The operational guideline that set up the Polytechnic made it inferior to Universities, so we have to deal with it...
Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by Tobium1(m): 10:52am On Jul 11, 2015
If u cry about discrimination or dichotomy from now till thy kingdom comes, NASS will never consider dat as a topic to debate upon, so i'ld advise all current ond students to write direct entry jamn and port to university. Dose wit hnd,,,well una case dey God hand
Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by ayokunlei(m): 11:02am On Jul 11, 2015
smiley
saxywale:

Yes... post ume still uses merit too. Score high enough and you would be admitted. I have cousins that wrote the post ume a couple of times till they got what they want and didn't go the poly route.
Don't get me wrong. I am not in support of any discrimination or whatsoever, just stating the obvious. Employers of labour are not foools, they know it's easier getting admission into polytechnics than universities. They also know that graduates receive a diploma from poly while graduates receive a degree from uni.

Also, having a diploma from a poly should not limit anyone. I have met owners of well established engineering firms both in Nigeria and overseas. This owners do not have Bsc engineering, all they have is their diploma from polytechnics.

yes, You are right. One shld nt alow one's qualification to determine what the future holds...
Thanks. I see Probity and Character in your replies; seems you were trained in a 'Better By Far' institution? smiley
saxywale:

Yes... post ume still uses merit too. Score high enough and you would be admitted. I have cousins that wrote the post ume a couple of times till they got what they want and didn't go the poly route.
Don't get me wrong. I am not in support of any discrimination or whatsoever, just stating the obvious. Employers of labour are not foools, they know it's easier getting admission into polytechnics than universities. They also know that graduates receive a diploma from poly while graduates receive a degree from uni.

Also, having a diploma from a poly should not limit anyone. I have met owners of well established engineering firms both in Nigeria and overseas. This owners do not have Bsc engineering, all they have is their diploma from polytechnics.

...you are not one of those ill mannered so called undergraduates that reply like thugs.
Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by yungblurd(m): 11:38am On Jul 11, 2015
I have an OND and I enjoy every privilege B.sc holders enjoy. Even when I'm in the circle of coworkers I connect with so much ease.
Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by saintandsinnerz: 11:38am On Jul 11, 2015
Sijo01:

Far from it bro.

Why do you sound so pained
Stop bahaving as if you are better than others. It is not pretty! Learn how to be modest and unassuming!
Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by idu1(m): 11:38am On Jul 11, 2015
hotwax:
Im a poly guy. I have many BSC working under me. I am a programmer. Im d boss... grin grin
the skill you possess is the deal not the certificate....
Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by ayokunlei(m): 11:47am On Jul 11, 2015
acorntree:

I like your spirit. There is no discrimination without your consent. No body can make you second fiddle in life without your approval. The problem with most HND holder is that they have low self esteem. It has been programmed into there brain by there lecturers that bsc is superior to HND. So immediately after graduating they are on the look out for signs of discrimination from prospective employers and co workers.
Not knowing that what determine their success in life is hardwork, your output and not your so called paper qualification.
I have HND (2001) , been working as a technologist for close to 10yrs , in a polytechnic. I knew i can not become HOD of my department , I will be bar at com14. So I knew what im getting into when entering into HND program.
Though bsc is overated, they are still considered to be superior in any managerial position. I have seen so many of these acclaimed bsc holder who cannot write good report, teaching basic engineering subject matter is a problem. Lecturer with bsc in electronic/ electrical engineering who cannot identify a diode, capacitor. They always claim practicals are mainly for technologist to carry out for the students.
So anyone getting into HND program should know there certificate limitation. It is either you upgrade your qualification or go into self employment.

Sir, thanks for your contribution. You said some Uni graduates dont know how to write Letters, you dont have to generalise b4 your opinion will be known. There are sound brains, I mean there are sound genius in the University. There is this thing av noticed from Poly graduates, saying they have helped there Uni friends with assignments, projects, practicals, writing of letters, how to write their names. . . Helping someone is not a big deal, its vice-versa. Besides, there are Uni graduates who have helped their friends from Poly with those type of assistance.
We dont need to be bias with the approach we use in voicing out our opinion. Some Poly graduates are brilliant , you perceive brilliancy when you meet some Uni graduates too.

1 Like

Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by johnnysmart(m): 12:02pm On Jul 11, 2015
mjbaba:
Well, let me share my experience on this. First all, I'm a polytechnic graduate from Kaduna Polytechnic. My advise is that whatever u do, polytechnic or university, make the best out of it. Get out of sch with the best grade you can. It greatly increases your chances in the employment market.
Second, accept that life is all about choices. You chose to graduate from a polytechnic. Even if it was a second choice for you, it's your choice nonetheless. Even as a teenager almost 19 years ago when I started my polytechnic sojourn, I knew polys were second fiddle to universities. I gave it my best. Finished ND with Upper Crédit and HND with a Distinction. Served immediately and d next level of choices began. I turned down an offer of employment as an instructor with my school. (note, even your institution discrimates against its own products. Lol. HNDs are employed as Instructors while Uni grads, as Lecturer 2 or so. Can't remember) anyways I went for employment by a bank. I was taken alongside university grads and I experienced d discrimination. While they were started on about 73k salary, we were started on 45k. It wasn't funny but I refused to allow it weigh me down. I learnt all I could, worked well. Never made myself appear inferior in front of them and you would never catch me lamenting about the discrimination. Rather than lament, I channeled my focus on my next big choice- where to move to, where I would not be discriminated against. I started researching. Among d big banks, which of them take HNDs on the same level as BSC and I tell u, there are more of them who do that, than those who don't. I picked three - intercontinental, oceanic and Firstbank. I started applying to these banks but as God would do it, I ended up in a bank I never knew would not discriminate against my grade. Zenith bank. Because of my distinction, I was taken as a core staff and that was the end of the discrimination. It has lasted just a little over a year. Several of my friends who had upper credit also joined the likes of oceanic, first bank, union bank, wema bank, first antlantic, UBA etc without being discriminated against.
Once in, I was rapidly promoted and would later port to Oceanic bank before quiting banking when I turned 32 to set up my own company which had always been what I wanted. I currently employ 10 university graduates.
Note that in the banks I worked, on several ocassions, I was selected over university graduates on the same grade as me; to head units and just 4 years into my career, I was an Operations Manager.
So, bottomline, stop lamenting. Stay focused on achieving the best with your HND, make your choices right. Look in the direction of organisations that would not discriminate against you, obtain additional qualifications along the line and never see yourself as inferior.

Finally, finally...whether BSC or HND...don't see paid employment as the ultimate objective. You won't get rich on that ish.. it may not be now, but plan on being your own boss in future. There is nothing like it. We are blessed to be Nigerians. This country has opportunities. We have the market, we have the population..identify a product or service that is in need, provide that product or service to where it is needed and you're there!
u said it all bro
Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by ayokunlei(m): 12:03pm On Jul 11, 2015
Raalsalghul:
Come on! You are committing the same fallacy as them: generalising from a particular. It is very wrong for people to say university graduates are better than polytechnic's and vice versa. It will make more sense if you put it this way: Some university graduates are better than some polytechnic's and some polytechnic graduates are better than some university's. There are no absolutes in this case, even though you might have seen some evidence to support your opinion: those evidence does not represent the entire population.

Sir, you have a good sense of reasoning. One shld nt be bias b4 letting ones opinion known.
Some Poly grad that I have read through their comments are found of saying they have helped their Uni friends write assignments, letters, Projects,...
Its a vice-versa thing, some Uni grad have helped thier Poly grad too.

1 Like

Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by ayokunlei(m): 12:06pm On Jul 11, 2015
NezoLee19:
As a poly student, when I see the exam questions given to university students I shake my head and laugh. so easy

you can also port and write such easy exams, so as to come out with a 1.1, and probably with a double certificate.
Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by Akynzodeighbour(m): 12:08pm On Jul 11, 2015
sanandreas:
They have a long way to go. The few ones I have interacted with are not sound academically. Not all anyway . I know of a guy from yabatech, he is good.
yabatech is topnotch now

2 Likes

Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by Raalsalghul: 12:29pm On Jul 11, 2015
ayokunlei:

Sir, you have a good sense of reasoning. One shld nt be bias b4 letting ones opinion known.
Some Poly grad that I have read through their comments are found of saying they have helped their Uni friends write assignments, letters, Projects,...
Its a vice-versa thing, some Uni grad have helped thier Poly grad too.
Thanks for the compliment.

1 Like

Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jul 11, 2015
Futurecrown:
kudos to you Boss, am quite envious with the power of your grammatical license without any malapropism, but let me ask you some questions? Could you believe that environment and peer group speaks volume for success and eloquency of any children? Sequel to your epistle that you meant some student in your PPA causing grammatical blunders doesnt justifes that they didnt have something upstairs, it's your potiential that matter most cos there is no monopoly of wisdom, we re just using an ecletic approach. As you proved those corps members as a local champion samething may be vice versa to you too when you meet some intellectual collosus that graduated from University too. So don't draw into conclusion that you meant some Universities grads in your vicinity that most Uni grads are academically deluded..that is an argumentum ad ingnorantum.
My stand here was not on superiority matter and am not even generalising things but the point remains that nobody is a monopoly of wisdom.Just that I will never agree that polytechnic graduates are better than university graduates or otherwise.It depends on how you build yourself for people's acceptance.It doesn't boil down on the kind of tertiary institution you go to.It always beat my imagination when I see university graduates beating his/her chest that he/she is this or that!The government have made the dichotomy to linger.If by tomorrow,the same government takes a u-turn on the whole situation,who are we to fight it.Bro,this is just my stand on the whole situation.It is who you are and never the school you go.Self development is the key to success and breakthrough.Let us not deceive ourselves,society contributed a lot to this menace and I think it won't be hard tackling it.The only thing federal government need to do is to make the least lecturing qualification to be a p.hd and improve the structures of these polytechnics.Those are the things university students or graduates brag with.Like in my department,I have like 6 ph.d holders and 4 M.sc holders who taught me while in polytechnic for my HND and today am doing fine.It is not about it was 25 professors that taught me while in university or the structure of a university or even the design of a school gate that makes someone but your self development.

1 Like

Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by Nwogeh: 1:35pm On Jul 11, 2015
The Truth:
one) yes i ve suffered discrimination as a Poly graduate, just last 3months there was confusion when a chief interveiwer insisted i should be interveiwed under level 7 where as others insisted it should be level 10 or atleast 8 since i ve ICAN, his argument was based on d qualification dey placed on d advert....bsc/hnd
two) if i had d opportunity of being admitted in poly n uni again, offcourse i will choose Uni cos of Nig factor not necessarily cos of knowledge.
three) i went 2poly cos it was cheaper n more convinient knowing fully well dt i will go out n husle 4money after 2yrs n come bak 2complet my HND
four) Im not regreting being a poly graduate cos without poly der is no way i would afford higher education den
five) Poly contributed in making me wht i am 2day cos d notion dt disscrimination awaits me out there was a big motivation to study harder den and now im reaping d benefits and mind u i will still get a bsc cert in oda related field anyway just for d sake of piling up certs even though i just realised dt succexis neva a function of certs after all majority of d big shorts in biz 2day started ass school leavers infact majority of employers of labor (and rich folks) today neva went to school.
six) I sat for ICAN 3times, passed 3 in pe1 n rewrote F/A cos of d recent changes in accounting but my pe2 was once n i passed all without attending tutorials 4one day
seven) I ve taught Msc, Bsc, Hnd holders in an ICAN tutorial center, even when i ve HND, ACA only befor i even got my recent job and as well i ve single handedly formed d whole accounting system of many companies even befor i chartered all these i can do cos poly milked me.
eight) they respect me highly in my office now cos i ve ICAN anyway not because i ve hnd but d summery of d whole truth is dt i wouldnt be dis sound if not polytechnic education.....if i had gone to UNI, i wud do well but not as much as i can do now. meanwhile i still prefer bsc 4som1 out der if u ve d opportunity
In all, U r wht u r no mata wht anybody does or says, so strive 2make good use of every opportunity dt comes ur way but ve it in mind dt cert is not d end itself and and it can neva define whom u wil be but cant only help u 2be a slave 4eva 4people If u r not careful.....nothing is beta dan being an employer cos i see my present job as a means 2raise capital,not 2serve one school leaver who values d mony he is paying me more dan d job i do.......working 4people 4eva is just an enslavement.
Befor u crusify me, pls just ask ursf why 1st class graduates end up serving third class and school leavers in d real world....dis( &many more abnormalities like discrimination) is one of doz ways dt nature balances itself PERIOD........No one has it all anyway!......proudly HND,ACA (&BSc, PGD, MSc, PHD in veiw)
Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by Sijo01(f): 1:59pm On Jul 11, 2015
saintandsinnerz:

Stop bahaving as if you are better than others. It is not pretty! Learn how to be modest and unassuming!

Lol... .. ... . You're even more pained than I thought. Take a chill pill fellow. You're taking this issue too far.
Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by Adortem: 2:52pm On Jul 11, 2015
Please stop crying over spilled milk,those are what I call "external factors",you can't really influence/change them,they said the purpose of their creation and what their graduates are meant to serve are different,thus,the "discrimination", I would advise you poly students/graduates to "port" fast,if you think your certification is a limitation...Can you handle/tolerate such "discrimination" for the rest of your life? Do the needful and port cos this might not change in centuries. My humble opinion
Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by NezoLee19: 5:58pm On Jul 11, 2015
ayokunlei:

you can also port and write such easy exams, so as to come out with a 1.1, and probably with a double certificate.
Very soon

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Factory Work Na Hell On Earth. I Just Know Today / 5 Jobs That Most Nigerian Girls Are Easily Involved In / Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.