Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,303 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

Fashola Explains Lagos Debt - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Explains Lagos Debt (25196 Views)

Speak Now On Your Indictment By Tinubu Over Lagos Debt Burden, PDP Tells Fashola / Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN / Fashola Dancing Shoki At APC Campaign Rally (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by Emphany: 6:17am On May 26, 2015
This man is educated and knowz the best excuse to give. No try yoruba people,they are most intelligent.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by doyin13(m): 6:26am On May 26, 2015
I don't care for the APC - PDP debate and apologies if i deviate from the debt issue a little.

However, Lagos at least sounds like it has a plan or a roadmap of where it wants to go. Perhaps its a reflection of my ignorance of otherr states or Lagos being Lagos, it hogs the media spotlight.

But a lot about Lagos still leaves a lot to be desired, and I am not that impressed with what has happened during Fashola's tenure.

I remember my excitement a few years ago about the light rail and frequent trips to skysceapercity.com to monitor progress. That all we have is barely a quarter of a line with all that money spent is so disappointing. Not been in Lagos for a while, but I hear the BRT is fraying at the seams.

if electricity is the bane of the FG, the traffic/transport situation is a specific Lagos problem and for.me the yardstick with which the state goverment should be judged. it is especially frustrating as a little more forethought and better administration would go a lot farther than the billions being spent on the rail which will do nothing at the scale planned so far.

I can see why Fashola supporters rate him highly. At least they are able to articulate where they are going even though, in my opinion, its been a poor administration. that he is probably better than.most of his colleagues shows the desperate situation we are in as a country.

9 Likes

Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by ludamix(m): 6:37am On May 26, 2015
BRF should help lecture Ekiti people and their governor who for six month did not do anything rather than announce debts on radio and TV.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by Demdem(m): 6:43am On May 26, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Can Someone Remind Us, What the Useless Fedora Wearing Drunkard from Otuoke is leaving Behind?

The curse is leaving behind a legacy of borrowing to pay salaries. Never again !!!!

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by arsetalks(m): 6:44am On May 26, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

The question that needs to be answered is if Fashola took out loans and is leaving Lagos indebted.

With lowering revenue from the federation account as a result of crude revenue dropping that means Lagos will have far lesser revenue because Irrespective the Bank loan must be repaid.

So the question fashola was meant to answer is not what he did with the loan but if he took out a loan in the first place.

But your alafin Gbese will not understand because borrow-borrow and long throat of another man's resources is in your genes.
The question that should be asked is "is the said debt been used the right way or to enrich themselves?" Even the blind can see Fashola is doing the humanly possible for Lagos.

Counter what he has said the right way. Show me a state in the world without debt.

Hypocrite TANoids.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by luvinhubby(m): 6:47am On May 26, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

Ask Kano State government.

Last I checked, Kano has the highest population from both census and registered voters.

Besides, how many people does fashola's fascist administration cover in health and education? There are more private schools and hospitals that cater for more people than what Lagos state provides for.

These are all lame excuses that don't hold water.
Classic !

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by NgeneUkwenu(f): 6:49am On May 26, 2015
lalasticlala, Seun, Ishilove and Obinoscopy! Good Morning!
Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by Obinoscopy(m): 6:53am On May 26, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
lalasticlala, Seun, Ishilove and Obinoscopy! Good Morning!
Good morning.

Was this Fashola's response after PDP replied Osinbajo? If not then I think the caption of this thread is misleading.

PDP made that debt allegation yesterday but this Fashola's statement was made about 5 days ago.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by Yomboy4ever(m): 6:58am On May 26, 2015
yimikaa:
This guy is so intelligent. Fash baba

Backing it up with facts and figures,laying it bare,even a layman would understand his explanation.

Even if him explain in our local languages children of hate will still not understand.
Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:04am On May 26, 2015
Obinoscopy:
Good morning.

Was this Fashola's response after PDP replied Osinbajo? If not then I think the caption of this thread is misleading.

PDP made that debt allegation yesterday but this Fashola's statement was made about 5 days ago.

Every time PDP raises this Debt argument, Fashola always answers them with facts and figures, Oliseh Metuh has been accusing Governor Fashola of Accumulating Debt unnecessarily, which he uses as a Justification for the mess, his party is leaving behind. But here I was able to a get a perfect response from Fashola and you are here trying to dodge from the Frontpage. I think Nairaland should be engaging, informative and a learning board. What happens if you change the topic to Read" Fashola Explains Lagos Debt" Obinoscopy! Smh

1 Like

Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by Demdem(m): 7:08am On May 26, 2015
Obinoscopy:
Good morning.

If u av issues with the headline then change it like u normally do however this piece surely is a FP material no doubt.
Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by Nobody: 7:13am On May 26, 2015
brixton:
U

Sir, I am from Edo state but reside in Opebi, Ikeja whenever I'm in the Kwantoury(sic).

Kindly educate me on the social amenities available to iyana ipaja, Volks, ikotun, ejigbo, owowoshoki, iyaba iba, okokomaiko and other slums in our obodo lagos.
There's a 10-lane Lagos-Badagry express road with rail line@d hrt of it.. This project cut across Marina, Orile, Alaba down to Badagry, this project when completed would upgrade d status of Lagos as a megacity.. This project cut across iyana Iba, Lasu road, Volks, Okokomaiko et el...

There's a 6 Lane Ikorodu road which have just been commissioned by the governor...

There's is Ayinke house @Ikokun.. This is Low cost housing estate....

i know of the office of the public defendant in Surulere

Not forgetting Adiyan waterworks with a projected 20Million gallons a day..The project its aggressively been pursued...

There's is mass transit in Lagos, this has curtained/Checkmate excessive price racketeering

We have one of d best waste disposal system in Africa

Security in Lagos is a top-notch.

I could go on and on... Fashola though not a Saint is Years above all other governors in Nigeria...I believe he would perform more without a Tinubu influence...
He neither have a Master degree nor does he has a PHD like sum pple..

Bro, Gov Fashola is also not an Harvard Trained Economics Professor who borrows to pay salaries..

He's an ordinary Charge and Bail Lawyer...Respect

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by Ucheosefoh(m): 7:46am On May 26, 2015
bettercreature:
Blame it on yiibos they are jealous of us,PDP=yiibo=APGA meanwhile PDP is learning how to play opposition
What has igbos got to do with the topic? Or must you guys always involve igbos in everything even in your private matters. I can see a day without una calling igbos that day will not be complete
Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by Ilekeh(f): 8:11am On May 26, 2015
At least it's not in dollars.

But an wa, money dey o
Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:11am On May 26, 2015
Better!
Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by Ilekeh(f): 8:11am On May 26, 2015
ludamix:
BRF should help lecture Ekiti people and their governor who for six month did not do anything rather than announce debts on radio and TV.

Abi o
Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by bettercreature(m): 8:12am On May 26, 2015
Ucheosefoh:
What has igbos got to do with the topic? Or must you guys always involve igbos in everything even in your private matters. I can see a day without una calling igbos that day will not be complete
Because you guys are become threat to our national security with this your unintelligent Biafra movement!
Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:17am On May 26, 2015
bettercreature:
Because you guys are become threat to our national security with this your unintelligent Biafra movement!
Deal with boko harem and hausa threat to yoruba existence they are the bigger threat. Igbos have never been a threat unless you guys are talking about economic and academic threat I can understand.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by NewNigeriaMind: 8:19am On May 26, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

The question that needs to be answered is if Fashola took out loans and is leaving Lagos indebted.

With lowering revenue from the federation account as a result of crude revenue dropping that means Lagos will have far lesser revenue because Irrespective the Bank loan must be repaid.

So the question fashola was meant to answer is not what he did with the loan but if he took out a loan in the first place.

But your alafin Gbese will not understand because borrow-borrow and long throat of another man's resources is in your genes.

Did you miss the part he stayed there is 100billion saved up to repay the loan.
Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by oneeast: 8:19am On May 26, 2015
Fashole is a criminal by all standards! What did this pawn do to incur a debt of over 400b?

Wait pictures will prove the point! wink

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by Truckpusher(m): 8:20am On May 26, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Mumu Go School, you no go gree! You see ya life?
Your gender identity crisis has caught up with you again?....smh

Kindly log on with your cleverly moniker ,let's talk like men and not this your female moniker .

Meanwhile, when are you going to come out from the closet? Mr Gaylord Cleverly.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by Demdem(m): 8:22am On May 26, 2015
Truckpusher Drugpusher face topic grin
Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by icedbreez(m): 8:22am On May 26, 2015
Story for the gods. Debt is debt don't try to preach Mr Saint Fashola. ...always making out only GEJ is leaving behind huge debts and then it turns out you are no better. I pray this change mantra doesn't turn out a scam. The only little hope I sustain is for the person of Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by bettercreature(m): 8:22am On May 26, 2015
Ucheosefoh:
Deal with boko harem and hausa threat to yoruba existence they are the bigger threat. Igbos have never been a threat unless you guys are talking about economic and academic threat I can understand.
You are not a threat to us academically,the best lawyer you ever produced is dead,you dont have media,no lawyer,we only hear voice of the tout from the south east and south south every day,what am saying is your Biafra movement is a threat to our well being because we solely rely on oyel money for our existence
Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by ellabooz(f): 8:22am On May 26, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Can Someone Remind Us, What the Useless Fedora Wearing Drunkard from Otuoke is leaving Behind?

It's very difficult for your type to achieve something great in live.

Am not cursing you but your attitudes though ,forgetting you are in public.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by femi4: 8:24am On May 26, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Serious gbese and crisis

1 Like

Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by jidebaba69(m): 8:25am On May 26, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

No light. No fuel. Lots of debt!

1 Like

Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by Kingspin(m): 8:26am On May 26, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
~Fashola

This is a Technical Knock Out for The Taniods, Satans, and the Useless Oliseh Mumu! grin grin
We are heading for a danger with this comment. Selfishly defending a gov and in NIGERIA! If we'r not careful APC will run a cover up government. They operate a secrecy govt.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by PassingShot(m): 8:27am On May 26, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

Seriously, did you read Fashola's explanation?

If you did, you should not ask these questions.
Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by Demdem(m): 8:29am On May 26, 2015
PassingShot:

Seriously, did you read Fashola's explanation?

If you did, you should not ask these questions.

Actually he read it but still went ahead to deliberately choose the path of foolishness. That's the way TANoids roll.
Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by PassingShot(m): 8:31am On May 26, 2015
Demdem:

Actually he read it but still went ahead to deliberately choose the path of foolishness. That's the way TANoids roll.

But how do they expect to win sensible people to their side if they cannot engage in logical discussions?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by Nobody: 8:31am On May 26, 2015
He borrowed for capital expenditure and not to pay worker's salaries - Take Note!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

EFCC Rejects Uche Secondus Offer To Refund 23 Luxury Cars,Insists On N310m / Abiola Wrote The Names Of Ministers For Abacha - Olutayo Soyode / Chinedu Eya: I Will Sell My N53m House To Purchase Ambode’s PDP Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.