Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,534 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:56 AM

Fashola Explains Lagos Debt - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Explains Lagos Debt (25197 Views)

Speak Now On Your Indictment By Tinubu Over Lagos Debt Burden, PDP Tells Fashola / Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN / Fashola Dancing Shoki At APC Campaign Rally (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by laytoshtwo: 8:32am On May 26, 2015
NoMoreTrolling:

So the man with the most debt is now viewed as intelligent? Chai!

Sycophancy is real

Debt added to the total debt President Buhari will inherit.Who is owing GeJ or the
Governors?
Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by kommiejewel(f): 8:33am On May 26, 2015
I HATE LIARS!!! The best waste disposal system? In Ikotun, Satellite, Okokomaiko e.t.c? Are you fvckin kiddin me?! angry

1 Like

Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by Billygee2u: 8:34am On May 26, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
~Fashola

This is a Technical Knock Out for The Taniods, Satans, and the Useless Oliseh Mumu! grin grin
the real mumu wake up from you slumber ,
418b naira is not 418,000naira ,
Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by debeo: 8:35am On May 26, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

You are a fool.

Now go and run to the mods that I called you a fool for insulting Jonathan

You just called someone a fool, but I think u have 2 issues

1. Its either u don't know d meaning of the word 'fool' or you are one ursef

2. You obviously cannot read

Did you see all what Fashola marshalled out?

They have excess money already, to pay for a debt that will mature in 2017, the money has been kept aside!

Didn't u read that? Or you just felt like insulting people?

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by eaglechild: 8:35am On May 26, 2015
It is extreme stupidity that someone is ripping you off and you are singing his praises while he does so.

Lagos is neck deep in debt and has subsequently dragged the rest of the country along with it and some Fashola worshippers are here talking trash.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by Kingspin(m): 8:37am On May 26, 2015
PassingShot:

Seriously, did you read Fashola's explanation?

If you did, you should not ask these questions.
Fashola explanation is common among every governor. Hope u knw.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by Truckpusher(m): 8:39am On May 26, 2015
Demdem:
Truckpusher Drugpusher face topic grin
Demdem Demdemdimwit , until we have a total breakdown of each kobo and how it was spent and what it was spent on ,I won't listen to what that smooth thief of Alausa is talking about .

As for your fellow janjawiid NgeneUkwenu, A.K.A Gaylord Cleverly . Be very careful before he infects your already worthless life with his gay spirit. grin
Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by mcjela: 8:40am On May 26, 2015
I really don't know why people cant make sensible contributions on Nairaland without throwing insults and curses.....God help us.
Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by shilexworldsexy(m): 8:40am On May 26, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

You are a fool.

Now go and run to the mods that I called you a fool for insulting Jonathan

I think u are a fool for saying that, what is ur clueless man leaving behind? It's a simple question which I think u shud be able to answer if u've got sumtin upstairs or if u truly want to defend d otuoke man.
Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by Demdem(m): 8:43am On May 26, 2015
PassingShot:

But how do they expect to win sensible people to their side if they cannot engage in logical discussions?

They can't win sensible peeps to their sideexcept their co fools.
Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by Greatihex(m): 8:45am On May 26, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Can Someone Remind Us, What the Useless Fedora Wearing Drunkard from Otuoke is leaving Behind?
u are a hypocrite if say u do nt see them.
Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by Demdem(m): 8:46am On May 26, 2015
Truckpusher:
Demdem Demdemdimwit , until we have a total breakdown of each kobo and how it was spent and what it was spent on ,I won't listen to what that smooth thief of Alausa is talking about .

Drugpusher, make use of the FOI act u fools still claim is Jonah-daft legacy to secure it nah. grin

[s]
As for your fellow janjawiid NgeneUkwenu, A.K.A Gaylord Cleverly . Be very careful before he infects your already worthless life with his gay spirit. grin[/s]

Inconsequential to topic

1 Like

Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by ayindejimmy(m): 8:47am On May 26, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

The question that needs to be answered is if Fashola took out loans and is leaving Lagos indebted.

With lowering revenue from the federation account as a result of crude revenue dropping that means Lagos will have far lesser revenue because Irrespective the Bank loan must be repaid.

So the question fashola was meant to answer is not what he did with the loan but if he took out a loan in the first place.

But your alafin Gbese will not understand because borrow-borrow and long throat of another man's resources is in your genes.

I tried in vain to grasp the direction of ur comment whether it's 'for' or 'against'
However, Fashola is leaving Lagos with a huge debit which it has to pay regardless of any circumstances. But taking and paying a loan shouldn't be the focal point but whether the loan has been judiciously used to provide infrastructures and job opportunities for the next generation? This will create the Avenue to pay such loan. After all Lagosians won't have to worry about putting those Infrastructures in place again. So other things will be faced. Unlike if a loan was taken with little or nothing to show. That, I think is the point Fashola is making.
Be that as it may, my personal opinion is that the revenue of Lagos is not comesurate to the development on ground. But when you look at other states and what's on ground. One just have to give Lagos some credit. However little it may be
Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by Amanwulu1(m): 8:47am On May 26, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
~Fashola

This is a Technical Knock Out for The Taniods, Satans, and the Useless Oliseh Mumu! grin grin
smh seriously, u guys can celebrate ur mothers' rape provided it was done by ur champion. Smh.
Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by ahaz: 8:47am On May 26, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Can Someone Remind Us, What the Useless Fedora Wearing Drunkard from Otuoke is leaving Behind?
ur mumu go last, what re u people justifying he so borrowed fg borrowed if him like make him build suspension bridge collect toll is a normal thing while the fg borrowed to cement our balance of payment issues na issue. U people's hypocrisy stink to high heavens
Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by kokomilala(m): 8:48am On May 26, 2015
Fashola didn't adequately answer the question.If anything, he dodged the bullet, he danced around the fire of the question.Does an average Lagosian have the slightest share of the monthly booty from the FG, as claimed by Fash..? The western part of Lagos that includes Alimisho, Ojo to Badagry belies whatever much-vaunted development he's advertising.People here live in deplorable conditions.To say their living standard, quality of living is abject is to say the very least.
The 8 years of Fashola combined to me has been an attempt to flatter to deceive.He's boasted of success, but has only flirted with its shadows without having the substance.How come Lagos, save for Lekki, VI, and some parts of S/Lere, is still sweltering under the heat of hardship.Bad roads, nagging and intractable traffic problems?
LASTMA that he's boasting about is now the poster boy for corruption.It's now been reduced to an extornist agency, where its officials make daily and weekly esusu.
In all, the funds accruing to Lagos, and the internally sourced ones have been mismanaged.It's a no brainer that Lagos with all these monies should be first among equals in the league of states, but sadly enough, it is not!
Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by anwo247: 8:50am On May 26, 2015
enoqueen:
All of una be thief!!!!

Simple as ABC my brother.
Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by Super1Star: 8:50am On May 26, 2015
Intelligent response to daft minds.

is owing the problem or the capacity to repay?

Is America owing?

Is Dangote owing?

What is their capacity to repay?
Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by onatisi(m): 8:51am On May 26, 2015
I am sorry for nigeria . And yet people are claiming fashola to be the best governor in nigeria with such a huge debt profile,how does he expect the incoming govt to service or pay up this debt ?if they continue to service a debt profile of almost 500billion naira won't it affect them?which means definitely ambode too will start borrowing once he starts work. So fashola is indirectly saying that without borrowing almost 3billions dollars there is no way he could have done anything? why borrow to fund a project which u know u won't be able to fully pay back knowing well those debts will affect future govts,whereas u could have done much by borrowing so little
Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by Ayiose(m): 8:52am On May 26, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Oliseh Mumu, Can the same be said of the 60Billion Dollars Debt, you and your useless Party with Dundee President left behind?
I wish u never call d President of dis grt country names like dis. Since u did, u &ur posterity wl never be free from insults.
Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by Demdem(m): 8:53am On May 26, 2015
Greatihex:
u are a hypocrite if say u do nt see them.

AV seen one.........two sef grin grin

Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by 49cents(m): 8:53am On May 26, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
~Fashola

A tecnical knockout to only olodos

Does the state exist to pay civil servants especially those whose services can't be felt by the people?

How does he hope the new puppet governor will repay the loan, from the workers salaries or by taking another loan to pay that loan

It only means thatAmbode will spend the next four years paying without execting any project

Is this a smart government?
Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by Obinoscopy(m): 8:53am On May 26, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Every time PDP raises this Debt argument, Fashola always answers them with facts and figures, Oliseh Metuh has been accusing Governor Fashola of Accumulating Debt unnecessarily, which he uses as a Justification for the mess, his party is leaving behind. But here I was able to a get a perfect response from Fashola and you are here trying to dodge from the Frontpage. I think Nairaland should be engaging, informative and a learning board. What happens if you change the topic to Read" Fashola Explains Lagos Debt" Obinoscopy! Smh
Demdem:

If u av issues with the headline then change it like u normally do however this piece surely is a FP material no doubt.
Done
Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by Demdem(m): 8:54am On May 26, 2015
Obinoscopy:
Done

Kudos.
Time to feast on those who have chosen to be foolish grin
Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:56am On May 26, 2015
Big Thief Governor
Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by Chiaka(f): 9:03am On May 26, 2015
....His explanation is not still justified!
Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by Amanwulu1(m): 9:03am On May 26, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Oliseh Mumu, Can the same be said of the 60Billion Dollars Debt, you and your useless Party with Dundee President left behind?
again u're displaying ur ignorance here. Wen u say 60b debt u should knw it includes what ur god (fash) is leaving behind. Politicians are using ur head. Finally, "he who knows not n knws not dat he knws not is a fool" john maxwell. I give up on u guy.
Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by utuk: 9:05am On May 26, 2015
Arab Nonsense debt is debt
we are not told how these monies were spent, up until now when questions were ask, am seeing paid fools who parade themselves as "change" most especially the Yoruba extract, l always know that Yoruba's are bunch of silly betrayals. very soon we shall know who the master is, when Lagos is mention in any thread you people are so blind not to see the truth.

bunch of sycophants, thunder will fire anyone that comments otherwise.

to hell with you.
Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by Amanwulu1(m): 9:08am On May 26, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Mumu Go School, you no go gree! You see ya life?
sorry ur own educatn has not encouraged those u refer to as unlettered.
Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by Olayinka2607: 9:14am On May 26, 2015
Mr. Fashola rid on jare, don't mind dem, olote ni won, u av did a very great job.
Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by kepal99(m): 9:14am On May 26, 2015
Nigerians sef una funny o... Were u expectn him to come out and say "I embezzled the money"... The truth is that irrespeective of whatever explanations he has to give... At the end, they are all the same.
Re: Fashola Explains Lagos Debt by rabzy: 9:18am On May 26, 2015
brixton:
U

Sir, I am from Edo state but reside in Opebi, Ikeja whenever I'm in the Kwantoury(sic).

Kindly educate me on the social amenities available to iyana ipaja, Volks, ikotun, ejigbo, owowoshoki, iyaba iba, okokomaiko and other slums in our obodo lagos.

I knew how Lagos was and how it is now. Fashola's projects has been far reaching to different areas of the state. He has been everywher. So long as there are poor people existing, there would always be slums. Destroy one, new ones would be created.

@ iyana ipaja, a link road was done that goes from pleasure bus stop on the express into aboru and comes out behind the BRT lane @ iyana ipaja. Not long ago, the road from iyana ipaja all the way to iktun was expanded with walkways provided and better drainage.

@ iayana iba, there is a link road that was done that you can take to go to badagry without getting into the gridlock @ lasu. The double lane road takes off after the long bridge and leads to okokomaiko saving time, stress and money. Remember also that the isheri. Lasu expressway was recently expanded and properly rebuilt.
There is also a massive, probably the biggest so far aside from ilubirin under construction, that has been completed @ igando very close to iba.

There are also a number of link roads that was just done that takes off from the isheri-iba expressway and goes to abaranje, council all in ikotun-idimu area.

The 10 lane expressway to badagry is still ongoing, they are currently at trade-fair junction. The terrible gridlock from lasu to alakija has drastically reduced.

@ejgbo, there is a link bridge from ajao estate to ejigbo that was built, and several streets were tarred linking NNPC. The NNPC road was also done. Then the road from ejigbo linking idimu is almost completed. Massive demolition was done @ idimu, ancient ancestral homes and graveyards where relocated to allow for the expansion. Although until that isolo-ejigbo- ikotun road is done. People in that axis would never be happy. I don't know why that road has not been done. It is too important to be left in that state..

Could more be done yes, has appreciable effort been expended yes. That's my take.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Captain Gidado Killed By Boko Haram Buried At Military Cemetery,Maiduguri(Pics) / OzzyBee OzzyBosco Visits Olusegun Obasanjo (Photos) / PDP, APC Youths Clash At Benin Airport Over Motion To Impeach Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.