Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,819 members, 7,810,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

Remove Fuel Subsidy – Saraki Tells Buhari - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Remove Fuel Subsidy – Saraki Tells Buhari (29734 Views)

Ministers Without Portfolio Not New In Nigeria, Saraki Tells Buhari / "Keep Quite" Saraki Tells APC Senators / Saraki tells 3 Ex-Presidents, Influential Nigerians To Come To His Rescue-Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy – Saraki Tells Buhari by MosquitoREBIRTH(m): 3:36pm On May 26, 2015
onatisi:
the organisers of the protest never gave bad timing as the reason for their stand against oil subsidy removal,rather they just rejected it out rightly
Haba, how do think they'll just reject it out rightly without reason?? Dem be bad-belle? Someone like me rejected it for that singular reason..
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy – Saraki Tells Buhari by blym4real: 3:43pm On May 26, 2015
onatisi:
yes ,because I have already addressed it by saying they will sell the refineries ,it is already in the plan with buyers on ground ,just wait till they shove it down the throats of nigerians . They don't need a reason to do once ,since the worst ppl will say is sai buhari once it is done .
You should argue with fact and not some factitious prediction.
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy – Saraki Tells Buhari by onatisi(m): 3:44pm On May 26, 2015
MosquitoREBIRTH:
Haba, how do think they'll just reject it out rightly without reason?? Dem be bad-belle? Someone like me rejected it for that singular reason..
u still don't get my point, the reasons for the oil subsidy removal far outweighs the reason for its rejection. U guys just rejected because tinubu and his boys said so ,many of you didn't critically look at issue and didn't even want to reason with the fg then . But now u must by force listen to buhari .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy – Saraki Tells Buhari by Nobody: 3:49pm On May 26, 2015
This thief should go and sit down. The Saraki family ran aground the Societé-Generale Bank years ago and till date, they are yet to answer to the charges against them. Barawo!
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy – Saraki Tells Buhari by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 3:50pm On May 26, 2015
omenka:
What you don't seem to understand is that our opposition to removal of subsidy then had nothing whatsoever to do with the propriety of the action, it had everything to do with the custodians of the savings made from such removal. We didn't trust them then and still don't trust them now.

Look at this, when there was partial removal (just N1.00 I think) under Abacha, just as we have now (N32.00!!), we saw what Buhari did with the savings through PTF. Now can they show us what Jonathan or Kolade did with SURE-p Can you compare??

So if a trustworthy man like Buhari proposes such a policy, I'd go with it big time because I'm confident the monies realised from it would be used to provide us with better roads, hospitals and other infrastructures. We'd see exactly where the money is going to, unlike the gargantuan scam of sure-p we have under Jonathan and his gang. The stench was so bad Kolade even had to throw in the towel at some point.

Under Buhari, I'm totally supportive of the policy and there's nothing hypocritical about it.
She has a conscience,not everybody is shameless like you,stop trying to convince her of ur hypocrisy!
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy – Saraki Tells Buhari by eking23(m): 3:54pm On May 26, 2015
Beyonce claims her title Of Queen Bee in s*xy new photos https:///1rQBRk

Nollywood Actor, Kenneth Okonkwo Explains Why He Can't Cheat On His Wife https:///1rQTO8

Mavin Record!! Don Jazzy And Team Land In Ghana https:///1rQT90

PRETTY!! Check Out this Photo of Toolz & Boo Tunde Vacationing in Punta Cana https:///1rQSq6

Watchout Chris! 50cent has his eyes on Karrueche (Photo) https:///1rQSvM
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy – Saraki Tells Buhari by ldpele(m): 3:54pm On May 26, 2015
A thief will always have a reason to steal, APC is about to give nigerian the bitter peel to drink. Am so sure, that they are more to come

1 Like

Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy – Saraki Tells Buhari by PassingShot(m): 3:55pm On May 26, 2015
Wildrage:

Wonder how u were able to see the log in my eyes lolz , not definitely from my post. Now to your assertions , three years into IBB's regime , he was still a darling to the public, charming us all with his toothy smile and lofty but mismanaged programs like DFFRI, MAMSER, FRSC, community banks etc, only very few principled and discerning men like the late Gani were able to see through his charades. As at that time most Nigerians had consigned GMB to the rubbish bin of history, an aberration we all wished would never happen again in Nigeria

Why I called him a tyrant and a bigot? We need not repeat his tyrannical misadventure in power, read Soyinka's 2007 article to re jig your memory. How do you describe a man who sat comfortably in his position as PTF chairman, enjoying every perks of office, unperturbed by the murderous inclination of the govt he served? Yar adua was jailed and killed, Obasanjo jailed , Ken Saro Wiwa killed , Omojowa was bombed and framed as a NADECO agent, Balgauda Kaltho, a journalist wad bombed, Alex Ibru, Pa Abraham Adesanya were shot, Kudirat killed, weekly bombs on Lagos streets, activist jailed or driven into exile, and this 'honourable' man was blinded to all these atrocities, serving the perpetrators of these heinous crimes. In the last 30yrs he's been out of power, tell me one honorable cause he's lend his voice to apart from propagation of Sharia all over the country? Remind if this man has ever condemned any religious riots and wanton destruction of lives and properties in the north in the last 30yrs.
All said, inspite of my misgivings and for the sake of our dear country I wish him well and really hope he succeeds in steering the ship of our nation towards prosperity, peace and harmony

So, all atrocities of Abacha should be heaped on Buhari just because he headed PTF? An assignment he did for the love of country without collecting salaries?

Does it matter to you that despite the widespread condemnation of Abacha's regime, PTF was a resounding success?

If we must go by your logic, Soyinka, Ekwueme, Babatope and many more that served under IBB must be condemned. Same as many prominent Nigerians served under Abacha too.

The incontrovertible fact is that whatever mistakes GMB made were out of unequalled love for the nation, not for selfish end. The same cannot be said of all of our other post civil war leaders, military dictators and civilians.

2 Likes

Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy – Saraki Tells Buhari by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 3:55pm On May 26, 2015
MosquitoREBIRTH:
Na today you knw say them be badbelle?
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy – Saraki Tells Buhari by tolexy007(m): 4:00pm On May 26, 2015
lolababe331e:

It's not hypocrisy, many of us understood the reason for it then but didn't trust GEJ and knew he and his cronies would steal any money saved from paying subsidy. Buhari on the other hand I trust, that's the difference
is only God dat can deliver u from ur sentiment... plpp go against subsidy becos nobody wants to endure dat few hardship, nt because dey dont trust GEJ...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy – Saraki Tells Buhari by Nobody: 4:09pm On May 26, 2015
onatisi:
give me another valuable sensible reason that this u are giving,this reason u are given for rejecting oil subsidy is useless. So how were u sure buhari will be the president in 2015 back then in 2012? So what would have happened if gej won the election ,you would have supported the continuation of oil subsidy payments and knowing fully well it was drawing and pulling the nation back? Which means your rejection of the oil subsidy then was based on personal hatred and not in the overall interest of the nation. And how are u even sure that buhari will make the best use of the money Abeg think of another excuse,the ones u are giving now is annoying.
ok. i agree wit u. my reason 4 rejecting it in 2012 is not good enough. Thank God all of you Jonathan and TANoids want subsidy removal since 2012. it tooks us 3years to understand why you want it removed since 2012. Atleast today we both agree it should go. so we are on d same page.
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy – Saraki Tells Buhari by Greatihex(m): 4:11pm On May 26, 2015
lolababe331e:

It's not hypocrisy, many of us understood the reason for it then but didn't trust GEJ and knew he and his cronies would steal any money saved from paying subsidy. Buhari on the other hand I trust, that's the difference
look at u saying u trust ur felo human being, a politician for dat matter. Answer dis question sincerely. Can you swear wt ur life that Buhari is truly nt corrupt or has never been involved in a corrupt act?
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy – Saraki Tells Buhari by onatisi(m): 4:18pm On May 26, 2015
atbu1983:

ok. i agree wit u. my reason 4 rejecting it in 2012 is not good enough. Thank God all of you Jonathan and TANoids want subsidy removal since 2012. it tooks us 3years to understand why you want it removed since 2012. Atleast today we both agree it should go. so we are on d same page.
good , it is good we agree on the notion that its rejection was done in bad faith but now ppl realise the need for it to be removed. The big problem now is how will apc convince nigerians that that they were wrong 4yrs ago without losing credibility.

1 Like

Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy – Saraki Tells Buhari by emekaxy: 4:22pm On May 26, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
Hypocrisy is when you where abusing GEJ for trying remove fuel subsidy in 2012 and now screaming remove fuel subsidy

Get your facts right before gathering your 141 likes in less than 30min just like iyawole gathered signature to recall Okono-Iweala Ph.D cert.

See Saraki stand on subsidy removal back then in 2012, see below from thisdaylive archive

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fuel-subsidy-cabals-behind-saraki-s-ordeal/114436/
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy – Saraki Tells Buhari by Bollinger(m): 4:29pm On May 26, 2015
In a normal capitalist society, fuel subsidy does not and should not exist. America pumps oil massively and it's citizens don't enjoy that kind of perk. Market forces determine price hence the term capitalism. Of course Nigerians don't understand that; they want to have their cake and eat it as well. Stup.id people.
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy – Saraki Tells Buhari by lexy2014: 4:38pm On May 26, 2015
fanex:
no please lets get these straight. your phone is not a necessity, having fuel to travel is. these are two seperate things. why isnt diesel sold for N20 today? the same cabals. diesel sell from btw N155 - N170. bearing in mind diesel use to sell for much less than petrol.

GEJ had no control over these CABALs i mean why would they let anyone else import fuel? the own the tank farms and the filling stations remember. unless we wanna go n be fueling our cars directly from the ships at sea?

we 100% support Buhari removal of subsidy cos he has control.

D reason y diesel isn't being sold 4 N20 isn't because of d cabals but due 2 price regulation by d govt thru petroleum products price regulatory agency (PPPRA). If d govt had decided 2 deregulate by handing off price regulation and licensing local refining of products then diesel will sell 4 N20 and cooking gas will b in every home. 2 say GEJ didn't have control over d cabals means he failed. If he had deregulated, he would have weakened d so called cabal but he allowed them flourish. remember, they didn't force jonathan 2 make them import fuel. GEj actually patronised them. I believe d so called cabal were friends and cronies
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy – Saraki Tells Buhari by ugoezeik(m): 4:43pm On May 26, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
Hypocrisy is when you where abusing GEJ for trying remove fuel subsidy in 2012 and now screaming remove fuel subsidy
my dear no mind dem. where is lai muhamed n co. d whole con3 wanted to chop gej without oil n salt wen he bin wan do it. anyway let wait n c d change
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy – Saraki Tells Buhari by MosquitoREBIRTH(m): 5:01pm On May 26, 2015
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Na today you knw say them be badbelle?
lol...
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy – Saraki Tells Buhari by xxgig(m): 5:15pm On May 26, 2015
Questions to ask: if really there's subsidy, based on the current price of crude in the international market, by how much is Government subsidising these products? In 2012 I supported its removal because of fraud in the system and its removal will pave the way for deregulation thereby providing more jobs for our youth. Despite the partial removAl and crude selling above $100 nothing tangible to show for it. RIGHT NOW SUBSIDY SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM OUR ECONOMIC DICTIONARY.
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy – Saraki Tells Buhari by fm7070: 5:29pm On May 26, 2015
That will be hypocrisy of the highest order
It simply shows that APC is hypo-critic.
Same APC went against removal of subsidy in 2012
They should find another means
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy – Saraki Tells Buhari by ibietela2(m): 5:45pm On May 26, 2015
Beremx:
How much will a litre of fuel be sold for then?

I cannot be against the removal of fuel subsidy in 2012 and be in favour of it in 2015. That's sheer hypocrisy.

That's what you are known for, please don't pretend
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy – Saraki Tells Buhari by henrysam(m): 5:50pm On May 26, 2015
Walahi APC is a farce. I see disappointment from this party. But God who are we to trust in this country again.
See. A whole senate president to be speaking like this.
But when he was a governor. He never said this.
God is watching us. Head or tail. The masses still suffers
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy – Saraki Tells Buhari by Aitee1: 5:55pm On May 26, 2015
Ezenwammadu:

I'm telling you, in fact soon we all will realise buhari isn't the saint we anticipated, he might even be worse than GEJ, corruption will still prevail cos most of the corrupt people in pdp are now in apc e.g Saraki angry
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy – Saraki Tells Buhari by ibietela2(m): 5:57pm On May 26, 2015
atbu1983:

Go back to the reasons it was rejected in 2012 under Jonathan. We rejected it because of d stealing in Jonathan govt. People felt you will only be making sacrifice for politicians to steal. that is why d elites rejected it then. But with Buhari, we believe corruption will be reduced atleast in d presidency. we are confident of his integrity. with subsidy removal fuel will be 155naira to 160 naira. It will be d end of scarcity.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy – Saraki Tells Buhari by Abagworo(m): 6:13pm On May 26, 2015
fm7070:
That will be hypocrisy of the highest order
It simply shows that APC is hypo-critic.
Same APC went against removal of subsidy in 2012
They should find another means

APC was not in existence as at 2012 and the increase was from 65 to 97 Naira which represents 50%.
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy – Saraki Tells Buhari by basilo101: 6:17pm On May 26, 2015
Remove subsidy and let those who kw importation biznes (igbos) take over frm govt sponsord importers
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy – Saraki Tells Buhari by Adesolomon2014(m): 6:42pm On May 26, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
afta his removal of subsidy,did he make effort 2 prosecute d racketers and justify d removal of d xo called subsidy...cant see y he<jonathan> is still nt damn clueless nd daft
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy – Saraki Tells Buhari by Jesusloveyou: 6:50pm On May 26, 2015
Beremx:
what if more people are given license to import fuel,will it also decrease the price?
subsidy removal means free market,no need to license cartel, let everybody bring-in d product,that wil reduce d price, or d best option, is for govt to remove bottleneck scam marketers,import directly by exchanging crude with refine product,

1 Like

Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy – Saraki Tells Buhari by kaboninc(m): 6:50pm On May 26, 2015
PassingShot:

You will be surprised to learn that even after the subsidy removal, PMS may not be more than 100 naira per liter or less.

Another angle to it is, if there was actually a subsidy and it is removed, such ploughed back money can be spent for infrastructural development which GEJ failed to provide.

Besides, the 2015 budget has provision for about 30% of what is needed for subsidy in 2015. To subsidize (assuming it is real), the government will have to borrow money again.

My position is, if subsidy actually exists, remove it now and work to get the refineries ready to refine our local demands. And when that is done, revise the pump price downward to reflect that current situation then.

Don't you think you should just shut up?

Another angle to it is, if there was actually a subsidy and it is removed, such ploughed back money can be spent for infrastructural development which GEJ failed to provide.

SURE-P was just a programme to show you the effect of removing subsidy Or like your lots, you'd claim was all a ruse?

My position is, if subsidy actually exists, remove it now and work to get the refineries ready to refine our local demands. And when that is done, revise the pump price downward to reflect that current situation then

Since you do not believe that subsidy exists, why offer a sill.y advice?
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy – Saraki Tells Buhari by PassingShot(m): 6:52pm On May 26, 2015
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy – Saraki Tells Buhari by PassingShot(m): 6:54pm On May 26, 2015
kaboninc:

Don't you think you should just shut up?

SURE-P was just a programme to show you the effect of removing subsidy Or like your lots, you'd claim was all a ruse?

My position is, if subsidy actually exists, remove it now and work to get the refineries ready to refine our local demands. And when that is done, revise the pump price downward to reflect that current situation then

Since you do not believe that subsidy exists, why offer a sill.y advice?

Who is this thing?
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy – Saraki Tells Buhari by slydey(m): 7:33pm On May 26, 2015
Ezenwammadu:

[color=#006600][/color]
Why can't you poeple say the truth for once, in 2012 how much was crude and in 2015 how much and moreover he removed 50% of the money where is it now and the remaining if removed now will it affect at all?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

APC Presidential Campaign Council Reacts To Offensive Video By Mr Peter Obi / Soldier Kneels Down As His Mother Prays For Him After His Posting To The North. / Sowore Counters Apc's Analyst Over Buhari's Chances In 2019 Presidential Electio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.