Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,970 members, 7,817,848 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Letter To President Buhari/politics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Letter To President Buhari/politics (421 Views)

Nigerians React To President Buhari's Return In Funny Tweets / Nigerians Reacts To President Buhari's Twit About The Murdered Woman In Kano / Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Letter To President Buhari/politics by livinglegend1(m): 12:26pm On May 26, 2015
OPEN LETTER TO PRESIDENT BUHARI THE NEWLY ELECTED PRESIDENT OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA by LIVING LEGEND
“We begin the building of a house once we have a grain of sound, even the rubbles are essential to the makeup of a great house”- Esan Oluwatobi.
On this very note I start by saluting the outgoing president of the federal republic of Nigeria who so many people have called a true hero of unity and democracy. Indeed, that was the only legacy we want to live to remember you for and that was just the only area in which you surpass your predecessor. In all this, I must appreciate your spirit of sportsmanship and dedication to Nigerian’s democracy which will serve as an example to other African nations that leadership is never a do or die affair.
My pen cried aloud today, to welcome a man of high esteem, which so many people has raised a lot of aspiration towards, the man whom the quest for change and an instant magical solution to Nigeria’s predicaments rest upon. A man people are waiting for him to swing into action instantly, that people consider to be a messiah to this nation, a man of history, a man who is about to get to the corridor of intoxicating power of this great nation. I must congratulate you for making a history by winning the election at the same time welcome you into a state of Hobbesian state of nature as you shall be handed to an epileptic nation in a state of comer which some even perceive to be a dead nation. At this junction I must let you know that the Living Legend is neither your fan nor the fan of your predecessors, but your actions in coming years could award you such privilege of the Living legend becoming a fan of you.
Mr. president sir, I must say I should inform you through my open letter about some important things you must keep in mind about the hopes and aspirations of the masses on you and also to welcome you to office for the second so spell, I must also inform you about the fact that your predecessor has only wished you well in words and not in action as he prepares to hand-over to you a crumbling economy worst than that which was handed over to him. I must let you know that you are going to work seriously; not work as a credit to what you will do but work tirelessly to revive a dying economy.
Mr. President Sir, it is my pleasure to inform you that following your success and war against indiscipline and corruption in your previous spell as the head of state of Nigeria. Nigeria’s are not expecting anything less than that land mark in your return, in fact their expectations are so high that they are not even ready to hear any kobo being stolen from the federation’s account and anything short of that will raise criticisms. I am not expecting such stand from you but expecting that you instill fear of stealing government money into the heart of your cabinets and co-cabinets members, I am expecting you to reduce the corruption and crime rate by 60%, that I think should not be too hard for a retired major general.
More so, by the time you will be taking over the baton of leadership in this country, you and I are quite aware of the lingering problems in the petroleum industry which has caused excessive increase in the fuel price and other commodities in the nation, you are also aware of the epileptic or no power supply at all in most parts of the country due to the uprising in the power company, you are also aware of the fact that banks are on the bridge of not rendering a selfless service as it ought to be because of the fuel scarcity, you would also be aware of the threat posed by the telecommunication agencies to go on strike because of the fuel scarcity, all this pinpoint to a crumbling and almost finished economy with some workers also owing claims of not payment of salary or entitlements. All this, the people expect you to restore drastically within the first 14days in office and even probably make the things far better. I am not expecting such miracle from you Mr. President, but I am expecting that you employ the tool of critical analysis and empirical verification with full reference to rational obligations before you swing into action. I want you to indeed restore every crumbling sector but definitely not in a year, but make things a bit comfortable for the suffering masses within your first two week, either by given standing order on some issues or promise the affected societies or sector to look into the issue within some stipulated time but then they should first return things back to its normal state, from their I presume you will swing into proper investigation so as not to make serious and costly errors because of the pressure of the people or demand of the people without proper verification. So I advise you to keep calm and cool.
I must point to the fact that there are two very corrupt ministries so to say which you should take keen attention to, the police force and the education ministry. There is a need for you to put honest and dedicated people to mar these ministries, not neglecting the petroleum and aviation ministry, they have been at the centre of corrupt practices in recent years, so I advise you to re-shape does ministries. Also I will advice that you should be careful of peoples advice most especially people who will be close to you, who will portray some nonsense tradition to you, that this is the way things are being done, I want you to hold firmly to your philosophy, not neglecting and putting to consideration the advice of the good and bad people as they will help you to be strong and succeed. My keen advice is for you to take time to study Robert green 48 laws of power and read the Machiavellian principles, study the pace and development of other countries, learn, unlearn and re-learn so as to bring up a furnished idea and society, always learn to use your enemies in accomplishing most takes as they will not want to disappoint you as your friends will do. Study greens laws of power to know more about that.
Furthermore, I will want you to have a strong hold on your senators, members of House of Representatives and the governors of state, instill your philosophy into them as their flop will in turn become yours. The failure of each state will later become yours, so you must pay close attention to interfere into the affair of any executive or legislative members not implementing your philosophy, which is why it is a federal system of government and not a con-federal system of government. Choose honest cabinet members and don’t hesitate to discipline anybody who wants to destroy your reputation as they have other chance to redeem their image later by joining other political parties, but you don’t have any chance again as you are old already and you cannot look forward when you fall down but backward, but they can still look ahead to make an impact, so pay close attention to them and how they spend public funds, not neglecting the reduction of the exuberant money being collected by government officials, you have to start by leading by example then reduce the income of the legislators, governors and other political office holder. Invest more in the country than in people.
On a final note, I will bring to your consciousness that we have both the good and bad people of Nigeria, listen to them all, including the union leaders who have become slaves to money and sold their people, listen to them, operate an open and transparent government. You will be criticized a lot but make sure you are transparent; Nigerians are not animals they will understand if you explain things to them well. They see you as their messiah now but I see you as someone who could build a solid foundation for Nigeria in which others can leverage on and make Nigeria great in coming years. So I don’t expect you to solve all Nigeria’s problems but to build a foundation and instill a philosophy of nationalism and patriotism in the mind of most Nigeria’s. This foundation will not just make you a hero but an icon.
My pen really which to continue to cry but my heart tells me a word would be enough for the wise. People may ask me when my pen will ever stop crying. But I say my pen will stop crying when Africa becomes the most desirable continent to live in and Nigeria becomes a place of pride.
“A man changes once the beliefs changes, change the beliefs of a man and you have change the man, it may not appear suddenly but I can guarantee you of a gradual change in the man till he attain the level you want”-Esan Oluwatobi So start your change by first changing the beliefs and orientations of Nigerians to see unity and development of their nation as the core reason for existing in that nation, then you will achieve your aims.
I submit by saying the expectations are too high, get prepared you can’t afford to fail. Congratulations once again.
For readers do drop your comments and reactions.
GOD BLESS THE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
LIVING LEGEND
VOICE OF THE VOICELESS
CEO LEGENDARY FOUNDATION
GEMSTONE AMBASSADOR
#I AM A NATION BUILDER#

(1) (Reply)

Federal High Court Stops Luquidator From Looting NITEL/MTEL Obsolete Items / 69 Burnt To Death In Onitsha Tanker Explosion / Amendment Of 1999 Constitution Dead With Jonathan’s Exit, Says Akume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.