Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,094 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

16 Year-old Teenager Arrested For Operating Illegal Refinery In Kogi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 16 Year-old Teenager Arrested For Operating Illegal Refinery In Kogi (738 Views)

Osinbajo, Fashola And Ambode At Dangote Refinery In Lagos / Hyundai To Build Refinery In Owaza, Abia State (Photos) / Obasanjo And Buhari While Commissioning Warri Refinery In 1978 (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

16 Year-old Teenager Arrested For Operating Illegal Refinery In Kogi by phemmyutd(m): 4:07pm On May 26, 2015
The Kogi police has arrested a 16-year-old teenager and his gang for operating an illegal refinery in Ebiya, Ajaokuta LGA of Kogi state.

oil spili

The teenager, Simon Chokodi, a native of Edo state, was arrested in company of three others- Sumaila Sadu, 23, Yusufu Braimoh, 21, Raji Muhammed Jamiu, 24, and Simon Chokodi, 16 (the teenager).

The teenager said he was formerly a bus conductor before being lured into the ‘illegal’ oil business.

Following their capture by men of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defense Corps (NSCDC), the PRO in the state command, Mr. Tijani Babangida has addressed newsmen saying the culprits had been declared wanted and on the run for nearly three months.

An initial ‘refinery’ of theirs had been set ablaze upon its discovery a while back, but the team rebuilt and continued the illegal refining and distribution of the product until they were recently nabbed.

http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/16-year-old-teenager-arrested-for-operating-illegal-refinery-in-kogi.112276/
Re: 16 Year-old Teenager Arrested For Operating Illegal Refinery In Kogi by eyeview: 4:19pm On May 26, 2015
These are the real leaders of tomorrow. They will go on in life to become major players in oil and gas. LOL
Re: 16 Year-old Teenager Arrested For Operating Illegal Refinery In Kogi by icon02(m): 4:22pm On May 26, 2015
If a 16yrs old boy nd hs goons of the same age group can successfully refine petroleum am sure without any formal training and we are sensationalizing their crime? And we are paying highly trained pple with sophisticated equipment @ nnpc yet they can't run our refineries even to hf of its output capacity

1 Like

Re: 16 Year-old Teenager Arrested For Operating Illegal Refinery In Kogi by shakazuldadon: 4:34pm On May 26, 2015
eyeview:
These are the real leaders of tomorrow. They will go on in life to become major players in oil and gas. LOL

WORD...
Re: 16 Year-old Teenager Arrested For Operating Illegal Refinery In Kogi by baybeeboi: 4:39pm On May 26, 2015
na wao, how e take happen?
Re: 16 Year-old Teenager Arrested For Operating Illegal Refinery In Kogi by drizzydrag(m): 4:39pm On May 26, 2015
those black idiots will never arrest d main ppl, na teenagers wey dey try innovate dem go dey arrest.
Re: 16 Year-old Teenager Arrested For Operating Illegal Refinery In Kogi by Nobody: 4:40pm On May 26, 2015
there lies the solution to our petroleum problems.

1, give this guys licence and little funding like the 10m you-win loan.

2, licence atleast 20 in each local government area of the country.

3, make logistics available to them for transportation to storage and loading points.

4, Allow the major players to continue to import for competition to ensure fair pricing regime

5, remove subsidy from all petroleum products

believe me, in 6 months, Nigerians will not worry about were to buy fuel or the cost.

pls dont tell me about environmental impacts cos the environment is suffering more damage in the hands of the so called experts.

but i know this would not be done simply because the oil can only be refined locally in the communities were it is drilled and the powers that be would not approve such because the oil is not in their domain so their is the possibility of them losing out in the local refining arrangement. the likes of dangote that almost killed ibeto, are the powers that be am referring to

you and i know that crude can be transported and refined in other local govt but what will be the cost of the end product?

Biafra soldiers did this during the war

the west did not manufacture refinery the very day oil was discovered.
lets take one step at a time.
Re: 16 Year-old Teenager Arrested For Operating Illegal Refinery In Kogi by monsterrock: 4:45pm On May 26, 2015
These are the kind of youths Nigeria needs not the pant sagging , codeine swishing cultist I see around every day

1 Like

Re: 16 Year-old Teenager Arrested For Operating Illegal Refinery In Kogi by obontami: 4:50pm On May 26, 2015
Wow youngings into oil and gas shiit
Re: 16 Year-old Teenager Arrested For Operating Illegal Refinery In Kogi by Khd95(m): 4:52pm On May 26, 2015
I dnt encourage such act tho,bt am more interested in d youngsters refining crude oil products.

I comment my reserve
Re: 16 Year-old Teenager Arrested For Operating Illegal Refinery In Kogi by Khd95(m): 4:53pm On May 26, 2015
aguiyi:
there lies the solution to our petroleum problems.

1, give this guys licence and little funding like the 10m you-win loan.

2, licence atleast 20 in each local government area of the country.

3, make logistics available to them for transportation to storage and loading points.

4, Allow the major players to continue to import for competition to ensure fair pricing regime

5, remove subsidy from all petroleum products

believe me, in 6 months, Nigerians will not worry about were to buy fuel or the cost.

pls dont tell me about environmental impacts cos the environment is suffering more damage in the hands of the so called experts.

but i know this would not be done simply because the oil can only be refined locally in the communities were it is drilled and the powers that be would not approve such because the oil is not in their domain so their is the possibility of them losing out in the local refining arrangement. the likes of dangote that almost killed ibeto, are the powers that be am referring to

you and i know that crude can be transported and refined in other local govt but what will be the cost of the end product?

Biafra soldiers did this during the war

the west did not manufacture refinery the very day oil was discovered.
lets take one step at a time.
chooi i can c dat ure still embittered,sorry
bt u jst mentioned d wrong guy,DANGOTE,d guy is building refinery in lag incase u dont no,so hw does dat make him 'dpower dat b'dat will sabortage d progress of indeginous refineries.

Oil is our collective national resourse,deal wit dal asap...
If u tink d yorubas will wait for ur stupid oil,wait let d stupid resource dry up in som yrs 2 come nd c who will suffer most...

Remembr dat most niger-delta lands r no longer fertile as a result of oil spillage.so when d stupid stuff dry up nd ur water polluted hw would u cope?.

Come nd beg cocoa in d west nd yam in d north

U jst brot opun ur sef unwanted attention by mentioning names or regions....
#say no 2 tribalism
#say no 2 state of origin
#say no 2 ethnicity

(1) (Reply)

Gej's Administration In A Summary: The GOOD, The BAD And The UGLY. / Photos;newly Elected Afdb President,akinwunmi Adesina,meets With Atiku In Abuja / Buhari’s Daughter Allegedly Asked Her Security To Send Customers Out Of A Boutiq

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.