Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,871 members, 7,828,105 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (123) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1049567 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:29am On Sep 20, 2015
2posh:
Please what type of Birth Certificate is acceptable for the Visa application? It appears there are all kinds: short/abridged, full/unabridged, age declaration/affidavit, the one from hospital, the one from LGA, NPC attestation letter etc

Has anyone here used the LGA one to get their Visa please?

@ Others that already have their Visa, which one did you use please? Lawland, Laminaria, FutureDon, Bellong et al

I used the local goverment own, I obtained my grant with it.

And you may find this useful.
https://www.nairaland.com/261320/obtaining-birth-certificate-national-population/3
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 20, 2015
deleyi20:

This May help someone: I downloaded a Calling App called Telbo to my Android Smartphone. I used my visa card to recharge it with $10 and i use it for all international calls at an extremely cheap rate.

P/S: I last recharged it with $10 since March this year and i still have about $4 remaining. $1 talk-time to an Australian line can last almost 1-hour... All you need is a good internet connection and i usually share mobile hotspot from my Blackberry. cool cool

I tried it now and funded with my Paypal . I made calls to Naija with fraction of a dollar. Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 11:42am On Sep 20, 2015
malmo:

I tried it now and funded with my Paypal . I made calls to Naija with fraction of a dollar. Thanks

I don't get. It seems you misunderstood me. This was to help people making international calls (calling schools in Australia, Uk, USA or Canada from Nigeria). It's extremely cheap for such purpose and most efficient. All you need is good internet. However, i'm not aware if it is cheap to call naija tho'
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 12:06pm On Sep 20, 2015
Ifexsco:
Oga, how yonder? Have submitted all the required docs, my CO has requested to correct my inadvertent error(that is correct my score from 65 to 60). So am awaiting my good news! grin. What do you think of Perth....for a Pet. Engineer without industry exp?
That's great news.Congrats in advance. Well, I'll encourage you to start checking www.seek.com.au or www.indeed.com.au to know where the jobs in your field are. WA,Queensland and SA are good places for Pet Engineers.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chi50(f): 12:08pm On Sep 20, 2015
chi50:

@erictack203, Thanks. I have declared it on the form. but I dnt understand whc other declaration u are talking abt. please can u clarify or show me a sample. u can pm me. will my in-law and my sis also have to declare.

my people Happy Sunday to u all. I'll be going to Teleperformance this week for my application. SVP and without bank statement. wish me luck oh.

@erictack203, pls I'm still waiting for ur reply So dat I can draft mine and submit.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Caucasoid: 12:54pm On Sep 20, 2015
Please house, who are those currently in Goldcoast Queensland. Kindly identify yourselves ooooo.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 2:23pm On Sep 20, 2015
NNBB2012:

That's great news.Congrats in advance. Well, I'll encourage you to start checking www.seek.com.au or www.indeed.com.au to know where the jobs in your field are. WA,Queensland and SA are good places for Pet Engineers.

Hello sir, I sent a request to communicate with you via email, I am currently in Sydney and would like to keep in touch with you for guidance. Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Sircj(m): 2:48pm On Sep 20, 2015
Sircj:
I wonder why eti dot wa dot edu dot au is asking me to apply through agent for advance diploma under svp?
Please has anyone apply program (advanced diploma under svp without dealing wit agent?
If so which school is that.
Regards
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Sircj(m): 2:48pm On Sep 20, 2015
Sircj:
I wonder why eti dot wa dot edu dot au is asking me to apply through agent for advance diploma under svp?
Please has anyone apply program (advanced diploma under svp without dealing wit agent?
If so which school is that.
Regards
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chi50(f): 5:49pm On Sep 20, 2015
laminaria:

like lawland said...u dont need to worry ursef on that so far is svp route...u will only tick that on ur visa application. ..just make sure ur sop really strong and make sure u use anything time that can suggest ur coming bak to naija as home tie
yes my application is svp..and no bank statements required.

@laminaria, Congratulations.
In d place of bank statement did you have to show any other form of financial evidence, like sponsorship letter or separate declaration or something as @erictack203 said. If Yes, pls clarify. I'm going to teleperformance this week n I want to be fully prepared to avoid wahala. I'm also using SVP like u did. pls I await ur valued response.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by laminaria(m): 6:57pm On Sep 20, 2015
chi50:

@laminaria, Congratulations.
In d place of bank statement did you have to show any other form of financial evidence, like sponsorship letter or separate declaration or something as @erictack203 said. If Yes, pls clarify. I'm going to teleperformance this week n I want to be fully prepared to avoid wahala. I'm also using SVP like u did. pls I await ur valued response.
Dont complicate issue bro, i didn't use anything as form of financial evidence....i hope u already ticked svp on your form157A. .wen u get to telerperformance, they will also give u a form to tick...there also u tick that u av financial strength to cover all ur expenses and that's settles it.
as for your sponsorship letter.. i didn't sumbit any tho. if u are working company letter will fil d vacuum amd strong SoP. but if u are not then mayb either of ur parents.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Ifexsco: 7:12pm On Sep 20, 2015
Thanks Oga!
NNBB2012:

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 7:17pm On Sep 20, 2015
laminaria:

Dont complicate issue bro, i didn't use anything as form of financial evidence....i hope u already ticked svp on your form157A. .wen u get to telerperformance, they will also give u a form to tick...there also u tick that u av financial strength to cover all ur expenses and that's settles it.
as for your sponsorship letter.. i didn't sumbit any tho. if u are working company letter will fil d vacuum amd strong SoP. but if u are not then mayb either of ur parents.

Hi Laminaria,

Please shed more light on the bold statement. One has to obtain a letter from their current workplace or from parents? What will be the purpose/content of the letter? Didn't you just mention that you didn't submit anything for financial evidence? Please explain further. Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by laminaria(m): 7:31pm On Sep 20, 2015
2posh:

Hi Laminaria,

Please shed more light on the bolded statement. One has to obtain a letter from their current workplace or from parents? What will be the purpose/content of the letter? Didn't you just mention that you didn't submit anything for financial evidence? Please explain further. Thanks
You need to cool of yourself from financial evidence u keep asking otherwise u complicate issue for yourself, stick to what is on checklist.... http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/572-/Subclass-572-document-checklist-streamlined. dont know ur visa type tho but i guess it will help u.
if you are working....Yes 100% u need letter from them except u av a way of proofing to CO that u are coming bak to start up your ursef. letter from your working place will show that u are working wit them, ur duties , Grant of ur study leave and how ur course in oz will have positive impact.
if u are above 18yrs u dont letter from your parents.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 7:37pm On Sep 20, 2015
laminaria:

You need to cool of yourself from financial evidence u keep asking otherwise u complicate issue for yourself, stick to what is on checklist.... http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/572-/Subclass-572-document-checklist-streamlined. dont know ur visa type tho but i guess it will help u.
if you are working....Yes 100% u need letter from them except u av a way of proofing to CO that u are coming bak to start up your ursef. letter from your working place will show that u are working wit them, ur duties , Grant of ur study leave and how ur course in oz will have positive impact.
if u are above 18yrs u dont letter from your parents.

Thanks Laminaria but I wasn't asking about showing financial evidence. My question was about the company letter or parents' letter you talked about.
Does the company letter have to state stuff about study leave and that my job will be waiting for me when I get back? There's no such guarantee in my case. Such a letter isn't listed in the SVP checklist either. Am I missing something?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by laminaria(m): 7:48pm On Sep 20, 2015
2posh:

Thanks Laminaria but I wasn't asking about showing financial evidence. My question was about the company letter or parents' letter you talked about.
Does the company letter have to state stuff about study leave and that my job will be waiting for me when I get back? There's no such guarantee in my case. Such a letter isn't listed in the SVP checklist either. Am I missing something?
yes it is not stated there but blv me Job reference letter is one of d biggest home tie. u can compel your boss to do that for you.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chi50(f): 7:50pm On Sep 20, 2015
laminaria:

Thanks, I am working in a hospital and my reference letter just says I work with them n nothing else. I will definitely do as advised here to avoid complications. So wat did u tick in their checklist regarding bank verification document, I saw that in teleperformance list.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by laminaria(m): 8:03pm On Sep 20, 2015
chi50:

Thanks, I am working in a hospital and my reference letter just says I work with them n nothing else. I will definitely do as advised here to avoid complications. So wat did u tick in their checklist regarding bank verification document, I saw that in teleperformance list.
hmmmm....try and talk wit your boss to state that on your reference letter that serves as home tie too. honestly i dont understand what u mean by bank verification document from teleperformance.
btw i just noticed you and 2posh are asking d same questions in different way. all d same, go tru their checklist very well.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chi50(f): 8:56pm On Sep 20, 2015
laminaria:

hmmmm....try and talk wit your boss to state that on your reference letter that serves as home tie too. honestly i dont understand what u mean by bank verification document from teleperformance.
btw i just noticed you and 2posh are asking d same questions in different way. all d same, go tru their checklist very well.
Thanks 4 all ur quick responses, we appreciate. You keep mentioning a strong Sop, can u please show us an example.
Also, did u get a call from Pretoria at any time b4 u got ur visa like maybe for interview.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ENGRJCJ(m): 9:04pm On Sep 20, 2015
malmo:

I wouldnt think there is any other way except you want to follow the PR route. Alternatively you could check out for TAFE colleges, you may find those with low tuition fees. Australia tuition fees are on high side.
Tnx boss
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by laminaria(m): 9:22pm On Sep 20, 2015
chi50:

Thanks 4 all ur quick responses, we appreciate. You keep mentioning a strong Sop, can u please show us an example.
Also, did u get a call from Pretoria at any time b4 u got ur visa like maybe for interview.
yea and i will keep on sayin it....since a u're not goin to b there to explain ur claims. what is written on your sop will do d talking so it must really convince d CO abt ur GTE. for what to write abt sop u can go to form157A question 33.
abt d interview, they call some people and sometimes dey dont call.....if they call u i guess is to get some clarification but i learnt from people they call is that, if u truly put ir application together u shud be able to flow. she didn't call me d visa grant just drop
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ENGRJCJ(m): 3:51am On Sep 21, 2015
bossladymo1:

I have gone through their website. So it goes straight to the recipient's account yea? Hope no long tin along the way?
Pls MA, I need ur advice. I received a conditional offer to do diploma of oil and gas engineering in Perth. I have written IELTS and I scored 6.5 overall but I studied chemical engineering. My problem now is it advisable to go for it and how possible is it to get a visa since I have ist degree already. Please I need ur help because right now I don't know the next step to follow and I can't go for PR coz of my Ielts results and lack of experience in my field. The school is to resume in 1st Feb 2016
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 5:15am On Sep 21, 2015
ENGRJCJ:

Pls MA, I need ur advice. I received a conditional offer to do diploma of oil and gas engineering in Perth. I have written IELTS and I scored 6.5 overall but I studied chemical engineering. My problem now is it advisable to go for it and how possible is it to get a visa since I have ist degree already. Please I need ur help because right now I don't know the next step to follow and I can't go for PR coz of my Ielts results and lack of experience in my field. The school is to resume in 1st Feb 2016
Why do you want to do Diploma since you are eligible for PR? Why not take your time and research on this thread on the way to go about it rather than going through study path?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ENGRJCJ(m): 6:52am On Sep 21, 2015
NNBB2012:

Why do you want to do Diploma since you are eligible for PR? Why not take your time and research on this thread on the way to go about it rather than going through study path?
Thank you boss but sir I don't have work experience. So I am eligible
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 8:44am On Sep 21, 2015
hELLO Cybug,

Howfar with your application with VEt? did you submit English Proficiency document?

cybug:

Yippee grin grin grin

Lemme start arranging my papers for VETASSESS.

Thanks bro
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 8:52am On Sep 21, 2015
Hello My brother, did you apply separately for State nomination or its done during the lodging of EOI. Pls also open to the house.

izykvision0:
Praise the Lord! The wait is finally over.

Just got my grant for the family now. So happy.

Timeline:
IELTS: Aug. 02, 2014. 6.5, 7, 7.5, 7
Vetassess lodged: Aug.15, +ve result : Nov. 30.
Victoria state lodged: Dec. 1, nomination: Feb. 19, 2015.
Visa lodged: Mar. 10
Additional docs. required: Apr. 10. (PCC and polio)
Delay mail: Apr. 21
Grant: July 2nd, 2015.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Jetspeed: 9:35am On Sep 21, 2015
erictack203:
hELLO Cybug,

Howfar with your application with VEt? did you submit English Proficiency document?

You do not need to submit English proficiency for Vet assessment
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 9:38am On Sep 21, 2015
Dated: xxxxx.2015
Passport No: xxxxxxx
Date of Birth: xxxxxx

The Visa Section,
DIPB, Pretoria,
South Africa.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Subject: Financial Declaration

I xxxxxxxxx, hereby declare that I have access to funds required for my studies at xxxxxxxx University, Australia.

Funds will be made available to me by my father via international bank transfer from Nigeria on a quarterly basis and as at when due.

Sincerely,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

chi50:

@erictack203, Thanks. I have declared it on the form. but I dnt understand whc other declaration u are talking abt. please can u clarify or show me a sample. u can pm me. will my in-law and my sis also have to declare.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 9:46am On Sep 21, 2015
All applicants over the age of 23yrs should do an Attestation of Age from National Population Commission ( every other applicants below the stated age can use the new green birth certificate from NPC, green colour = whc was introduced April 1990 NPC Act=).

chi50:
All the gurus in d house, I hail oh. where is everybody? there are many unanswered questions in the forum.

I am seconding @2posh's question abt using local govt birth certificate.

@erictack203, I'm still waiting for ur response regarding d declaration.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 9:48am On Sep 21, 2015
Dont ever state an inlaw, use father or brother or sister

chi50:

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 9:52am On Sep 21, 2015
there are SVP without agents, only depends on your program

[quote author=Sircj post=38200222][/quote]
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 9:57am On Sep 21, 2015
Thanks alot for your response my friend. God bless you.

Jetspeed:

You do not need to submit English proficiency for Vet assessment

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.