Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,984 members, 7,810,742 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:19 PM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (127) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1044038 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Manweysabi(m): 1:32pm On Sep 29, 2015
kosplateau:

u can..BossLady did ask and was given.

Ok, thanks

Let me try and email them if they have received it
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Manweysabi(m): 1:33pm On Sep 29, 2015
bellong:
@Manweysabi,

You can send an email to ask if they received it.

You can't request a copy from them. Your school should give you a student copy.

Thanks bellong... Let me email them
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Jetspeed: 2:09pm On Sep 29, 2015
Manweysabi:

Ok, thanks

Let me try and email them if they have received it

Kindly share with the forum if you were successful. Also looking forward to requesting for mine soonest.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Manweysabi(m): 2:14pm On Sep 29, 2015
Jetspeed:

Kindly share with the forum if you were successful. Also looking forward to requesting for mine soonest.

Ok, i will do that
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Manweysabi(m): 2:17pm On Sep 29, 2015
mjlbabajide:

Well in my own case, i email them to ask if they've received my transcript and they confirmed almost immediately.
Pls people can you share your vetassess timeline experience? cos 12weeks far oooo. Did anybody get positive before 12weeks?

Please, which of the email did you use?

VETASSESS should reduce that 3 months jor... It's too far
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by atrapon(m): 5:02pm On Sep 29, 2015
House am about to lodge my application next week,i have Bsc from naija uni and am my intended course is advanced diploma..dosnt it look retrogressive.any suggestion??
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mjlbabajide(m): 9:14pm On Sep 29, 2015
Manweysabi:

migrate@vetassess.com.au. quote ur date of birth, name and ref number.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chi50(f): 9:47pm On Sep 29, 2015
atrapon:
House am about to lodge my application next week,i have Bsc from naija uni and am my intended course is advanced diploma..dosnt it look retrogressive.any suggestion??

I wish you d best of luck in ur application. I dnt think you'll have any problem with d advanced diploma so long as you write a strong and convincing SOP. it will also help if there is a link between ur Bsc and d Adv Dip. this will help u beat GTE.
dnt worry, this Oct will be a month of visa grant overflow for all of us.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:55pm On Sep 29, 2015
lawland:
Go for CDU, you kind of get easy state sponsorship when you finish. .. Its a good Uni too

Are there jobs in Darwin?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mozo: 9:59pm On Sep 29, 2015
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mozo: 10:00pm On Sep 29, 2015
Manweysabi:

I know someone whose evaluation took 7 weeks, but for most people, its strictly 12 weeks or more.

Just brace yourself.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chase123: 10:42pm On Sep 29, 2015
hello Everyone in the house,read this http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/may/22/more-australians-now-relocating-to-new-zealand-than-the-other-way-round . Recently New Zealand economy is booming,while Australia economy which depends on mining is on the verge of collapsing,many australians have started to migrate to new zealand. read the link for more details. i just decided to share this
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by atrapon(m): 10:50pm On Sep 29, 2015
chi50:

I wish you d best of luck in ur application. I dnt think you'll have any problem with d advanced diploma so long as you write a strong and convincing SOP. it will also help if there is a link between ur Bsc and d Adv Dip. this will help u beat GTE.
dnt worry, this Oct will be a month of visa grant overflow for all of us.
amen oo.tanx
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by FutureDon(m): 12:56am On Sep 30, 2015
chase123:
hello Everyone in the house,........ many australians have started to migrate to new zealand. read the link for more details. i just decided to share this

It's of no use here bro. This thread is all about migrating to Australia and not the other way round. Perhaps, it would be of benefit to people on the NZ thread. Cheers.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Donobelu: 5:45am On Sep 30, 2015
Please I need more clarity on writing a good SOP please I need the key points highlighted thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by atrapon(m): 8:45am On Sep 30, 2015
Please who will help me in reviewing my SOP .i dont know if am on d right track
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by okpas12: 9:44am On Sep 30, 2015
Skip Navigation LinksHome > Individuals and Travellers > Working in Australia > Workers
Workers
Cap and Cease of some GSM visa subclasses
The Assistant Minister set a cap for offshore General Skilled Migration (GSM) visas which takes effect on 22 September 2015. The following offshore General Skilled Migration (GSM) visas are affected:
Skilled Independent (subclass 175)
Skilled Sponsored (subclass 176)
Skilled Regional Sponsored (subclass 475).
As such unfinalised applications for these subclasses are taken not to have been made and the relevant visa application charge will be refunded to affected applicants.
More information is available about Cap and Cease.
http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work

scrollmeout:
Morning folks,

Just woke up to see that DIBP has reverted to the former method of holding 2 invitation rounds per month (every two weeks). The draws are no longer held on the Mondays but now on Fridays.

The numbers of 189 monthly invitations have also dropped from 2300 to 2000, while 489 has also declined to just 40.

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Skil#sub-heading-1
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by RedReact: 10:50am On Sep 30, 2015
DrDauda:

Are there jobs in Darwin?
Not that much though but it will be a good place to process one's PR easily, as you will have points for studying in a regional area.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 11:41am On Sep 30, 2015
RedReact:

Not that much though but it will be a good place to process one's PR easily, as you will have points for studying in a regional area.

but survival is very important, brother
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 2:14pm On Sep 30, 2015
I haven't seen anyone interested in these visa subclasses... But thx for the info though.
okpas12:

Skip Navigation LinksHome > Individuals and Travellers > Working in Australia > Workers
Workers
Cap and Cease of some GSM visa subclasses
The Assistant Minister set a cap for offshore General Skilled Migration (GSM) visas which takes effect on 22 September 2015. The following offshore General Skilled Migration (GSM) visas are affected:
Skilled Independent (subclass 175)
Skilled Sponsored (subclass 176)
Skilled Regional Sponsored (subclass 475).
As such unfinalised applications for these subclasses are taken not to have been made and the relevant visa application charge will be refunded to affected applicants.
More information is available about Cap and Cease.
http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Manweysabi(m): 3:20pm On Sep 30, 2015
mjlbabajide:

migrate@vetassess.com.au.
quote ur date of birth, name and ref number.

Thanks jide,

Sent them a mail last night, they replied me this morning... That they are yet to receive my transcript from my school... And it's been over a month they sent it. I taya for this level o
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mjlbabajide(m): 4:37pm On Sep 30, 2015
Manweysabi:

Thanks jide,

Sent them a mail last night, they replied me this morning... That they are yet to receive my transcript from my school... And it's been over a month they sent it. I taya for this level o

u should have collected the tracking number, so u can atleast track it and be sure of the day it arrives.
In my own case, i paid for the UPS so my sch send it through them and it arrived in a week.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ENGRJCJ(m): 6:39pm On Sep 30, 2015
erictack203:
These ppl are changing Immigration rules by day by day. any1 that has oz in mind should act fast. I am facing mine in 2 flanks, study and PR.

bros pls i want to do advance diploma in petroleum or environmental engineering, please do u have any school in mind that is under SVP and which state do u think is better for me . how do i start because am planing for feb intake, how much time do i have. I have b.eng in chemical engineering with IELTS 6.5 overall. please i need ur response quickly or any1 with idea should help me please. I dont have work experience to go for PR
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by luckyDon1: 8:44pm On Sep 30, 2015
Happy Independence in advance to gurus in the house...Please guys is it possible for second class lower(GPA 318) to get admission to undertake Masters precisely International Relations?
And is it must for one to take English tests like ILETS/TOEFL before applying?
Brilliant fellas please help out...
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by FutureDon(m): 9:20am On Oct 01, 2015
luckyDon1:
Happy Independence in advance to gurus in the house...Please guys is it possible for second class lower(GPA 318) to get admission to undertake Masters precisely International Relations?
And is it must for one to take English tests like ILETS/TOEFL before applying?
Brilliant fellas please help out...

Yes, it is very possible to gain a MSc admission with your GPA.
As for English test, it depends on the Uni you are applying into. Majority of them will waive it for you.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by FutureDon(m): 9:22am On Oct 01, 2015
To those that will contact me regarding SoP review, please do not forget to say ''thank you''. As a Yoruba boy, I attach so much importance to those two words. It's discouraging to know that some people won't even acknowledge receipt talk less of saying ''thank you'', who does that?

6 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 01, 2015
FutureDon:
To those that will contact me regarding SoP review, please do not forget to say ''thank you''. As a Yoruba boy, I attach so much importance to those two words. It's discouraging to know that some people won't even acknowledge receipt talk less of saying ''thank you'', who does that?

Lol....it reminds me of the story of the 10 lepers who where healed and only one came back to say thank you to Christ.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Everest25(m): 10:33am On Oct 01, 2015
gud moni n hapi new month houz.... pls i nid an urgent reply... is it gud for me 2 go 4 my 2 yr Master's degree or go for a certificate training program that would last for 6-10 month coz I intend to settle down after d program?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by luckyDon1: 11:31am On Oct 01, 2015
FutureDon:

Yes, it is very possible to gain a MSc admission with your GPA.
As for English test, it depends on the Uni you are applying into. Majority of them will waive it for you.
Thanks a lot mate...God bless
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ENGRJCJ(m): 11:52am On Oct 01, 2015
lawland:
That question brought back memories. Well, let me start by warning against forging any document for DIBP, just don't take that risk . GTE can be demonstrated in many ways even without showing any document. Just ask yourself this question while writing your SOP... "Assuming i am a CO, how can someone convince me he/she is a genuine student and not just traveling cos he wants to run away from his country? ". Start first with your course of study, Does your course of study relate to your previous education? You can't have Nursing as your Bsc here and you want to do Cooking in Australia. .. another one is your study gap, you have to be able to explain any study gaps in your academic history. *To be continued * typing half asleep

bros pls i want to do advance diploma in petroleum or environmental engineering, please do u have any school in mind that is under SVP and which state do u think is better for me . how do i start because am planing for feb intake, how much time do i have. I have b.eng in chemical engineering with IELTS 6.5 overall. please i need ur response quickly or any1 with idea should help me please. I dont have work experience to go PR
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by olajiggar(m): 12:14pm On Oct 01, 2015
Hi guys, I'll like to share a gd new here...have bin helpn my brother sort out his study visa thru the insight given here...he got his grant on Tuesday. Am very greatful to dis platform and all the contributors. Keep the gd work guys.

P.S: if anyone has cheap and less stressful air route should pls hook me up. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chi50(f): 12:53pm On Oct 01, 2015
olajiggar:
Hi guys, I'll like to share a gd new here...have bin helpn my brother sort out his study visa thru the insight given here...he got his grant on Tuesday. Am very greatful to dis platform and all the contributors. Keep the gd work guys.

P.S: if anyone has cheap and less stressful air route should pls hook me up. Thanks in anticipation.
that's great newz. we're happy 4 ur family and Also key into it this month.
pls do tell us his visa subclass and share his timeline for us. that will be very encouraging.

As for airline, check out IOM packages.

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.