Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,873 members, 7,828,111 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (351) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1049576 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by oknee: 9:49am On Jul 09, 2016
giftbush:
House thanks your contribution , pls I will like to be put through on how to apply for 189. I'm a medical laboratory scientist with years of experience. Through out this forum, I haven't seen where you guys talked about medical personnel or is their no chance of finding a job out there. Thanks all

...obviously you have not done a bit of reading past posts.
From ubktech

Migration Steps for Medical Laboratory Scientists

STEP 1
To see if you qualify for this program, you need at least 60 points, goto:
http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/189.aspx click on ‘Points Test’
http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/190.aspx click on ‘Points Test’
http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/489.aspx click on ‘Points Test’

STEP 2
Undertake IELTS test (International English Language Testing System). IELTS is conducted every month by the British Council across several towns in Nigeria http://takeielts.britishcouncil.org/ you will need an Overall Band score of 7.0 or better in either the Academic or General Training module of the test.
For IELTS preparation materials, you could go to; http://www.ieltsbuddy.com/

You can also opt for pte or toefl

STEP 3
Undertake Skills assessment by the Australian Institute of Medical Scientists (AIMS). This is the rate limiting step for skilled migration to Australia as a Medical Laboratory Scientist http://www.aims.org.au/documents/item/88

Usually done in two stages:
A) Paper based assessment; you will submit your certificates and job references to AIMS for evaluation. At the end of this stage you will be classified as an MLT and invited to write the AIMS professional exams.
B) The AIMS professional exam takes place in March/September each year in several cities around the world. If are successful in this exams, then you are ready for STEP 4
For more info about this exam, course contents, sample questions or venues, please view this link: http://www.aims.org.au/services/aims-assessments/medical-laboratory-scientist

STEP 4
Submit an Expression of Interest on SKILLSELECT and receive an INVITE usually within 30 days

STEP 5
Apply for Visa, Do Medical & Police checks
STEP 6
Receive your Visa & Migrate
Depending on when you start, this process takes 12 - 18 months to conclude. See you in Australia
www.immi.gov.au
SkillSelect
www.immi.gov.au
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by elope: 11:22am On Jul 09, 2016
pls i have a degree in business admin. six yrs experience in oil company. am i good to go for PR?? what are d steps taken. will i need a bank statement for a PR gurus in d house.. ill appreciate ur response as this new ssvf doesnt seem to smile on me amd my family... @bellong...
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by elope: 11:24am On Jul 09, 2016
hello. question again... is there anyone who has applied to OZ frm the uk.... where i assessed on level one or level three as a nigerian
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by JewelStone(f): 11:36am On Jul 09, 2016
elope:
pls i have a degree in business admin. six yrs experience in oil company. am i good to go for PR?? what are d steps taken. will i need a bank statement for a PR gurus in d house.. ill appreciate ur response as this new ssvf doesnt seem to smile on me amd my family... @bellong...

Google.com
https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists/SOL

Get to work and do your own research
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by elope: 11:59am On Jul 09, 2016
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by EmmySparky(m): 12:50pm On Jul 09, 2016
This is my dream country( aussie) am just tryna get some contact on the inside ....the working holiday visa seems to be a cheaper option for me compared to the student visa...#hustling things
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by cremeuc: 3:10pm On Jul 09, 2016
Please what site do you guyz check for flight tickets.
Regards
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Raymondeji(m): 3:23pm On Jul 09, 2016
Goodday guys, I just want to understand some things. First of all I'm not in a hurry. I submitted my application on 17th of June SVP class (though I included my acc statement). I got a mail after that from teleperformance 2 days after acknowledging the reciept of the application. My resumption is still in Feb, 2017. But I submitted the application to escape the new SSVP ish. Now I want to know, should I can contact them if don't hear from them soon? I have no reason to rush. But SVP class should not take more than 8 weeks at most. Can I contact them after then?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ayobamiakinrind(m): 7:54pm On Jul 09, 2016
Raymondeji:
Goodday guys, I just want to understand some things. First of all I'm not in a hurry. I submitted my application on 17th of June SVP class (though I included my acc statement). I got a mail after that from teleperformance 2 days after acknowledging the reciept of the application. My resumption is still in Feb, 2017. But I submitted the application to escape the new SSVP ish. Now I want to know, should I can contact them if don't hear from them soon? I have no reason to rush. But SVP class should not take more than 8 weeks at most. Can I contact them after then?

If I'm right, you can lodge your application with DIBP within 120days prior to the start of your course(s) and migrate within 90 days of the same. Just check their site.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jorgan(m): 11:08pm On Jul 09, 2016
owenklay:
Hey,

Hope you are enjoying the 'trekking'? Lol!

grin grin grin
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mamajaz(f): 3:53am On Jul 10, 2016
Solitin40:

What of student that is just 18 years old my mom is the other that pay direct tax because she works with the federal government but dad that is the main sponsor doesn't pay tax this new July 1 law is a big WAHALA O embarassed undecided cry
Hello Sola, I don't think their is a way he would not have been paying tax oh. Tell daddy to go for TIN, Tax Identification Number. Their is sure going to be a way
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Bambizzle4k4556: 6:36am On Jul 10, 2016
timotiks:
Thanks for responding,
Guess I may need to send another mail. Cos I did contact them once and my c/o responded that she's aware of my resumption date 25th.
However since then, nothing (LONG TIME NOW More than yours).

What do you think, should i send another mail? What reason could I give as to why I am asking for status again after c/o had said she's aware of resumption date.

Cos Flight prices are getting pretty high.

The 25th u mentioned was it lectures or orientation? Dnt send any other mail, but if by the first day of ur orientation you have still not gotten ur grant. Send ur c/o a mail....caption it enquiry on visa status.
Mek sure u put ur name, passport no, school, course, hap id, date of visa lodgement etc.

Then tell her u wish to know the status of ur application as ur orientation commences dat particular day, however ur lectures starts on so so date but u applied quite early so u cud be part of the orientation.
That ur looking forward to her/his positive response

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by SegunWamiri(m): 6:43am On Jul 10, 2016
Raymondeji:

I'm sure you'll hear from them soon. Long before 8 weeks after application lodgement.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by onyemamuoc(m): 8:23am On Jul 10, 2016
please is Callaghan far from Sydney. I got a family member in Sydney where I can at least perch for the main time and not rush into paying rents. my campus is Callaghan, so I need to know it's proximity to Sydney.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by onyemamuoc(m): 8:27am On Jul 10, 2016
oluwatobi94:

Yes it is very possible and easy when you get here. Note that Newcastle uni only have February intake for nursing. Since your resumption date is July they might want you to stay in Nigeria till next year. I suggest that you should arrive onshore b4 talking the next step. I'm currently studying nursing in newcastle uni and I also changed my program from masters to nursing.
Get back to me if you need more help. I'm happy to assist
I need to contact you ASAP. Biko your contact. By God's grace will be coming in tomorrow.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by oluwatobi94: 12:34pm On Jul 10, 2016
[quote author=onyemamuoc post=47387805]please is Callaghan far from Sydney. I got a family member in Sydney where I can at least perch for the main time and not rush into paying rents. my campus is Callaghan, so I need to know it's

Callaghan is about 2 hours drive from sydney by car and 3 hours by train.

The decision is yours
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by oluwatobi94: 12:38pm On Jul 10, 2016
onyemamuoc:
I need to contact you ASAP. Biko your contact. By God's grace will be coming in tomorrow.

My name is Tobi. Ask any Nigerian that you see in newcastle. Surely they will know me.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by onyemamuoc(m): 1:24pm On Jul 10, 2016
Osamuzi:
Hey frnd!! U going to Newcastle how long did take to get your COE mine is taking forever... when re u leaving
yeah I have...it took two weeks. make we relate. leaving tomorrow by the way.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by onyemamuoc(m): 1:26pm On Jul 10, 2016
oluwatobi94:

My name is Tobi. Ask any Nigerian that you see in newcastle. Surely they will know me.

okay no p.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by giftbush(m): 1:46pm On Jul 10, 2016
Thanks oknee and Cheta
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by giftbush(m): 1:46pm On Jul 10, 2016
Thanks oknee and Cheta. I will start the process immediately
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by timotiks: 2:40pm On Jul 10, 2016
25th is orientation, with a big bold caption (ORIENTATION IS COMPULSORY)
It's just the flight expenses that is getting me a bit anxious

Bambizzle4k4556:

The 25th u mentioned was it lectures or orientation? Dnt send any other mail, but if by the first day of ur orientation you have still not gotten ur grant. Send ur c/o a mail....caption it enquiry on visa status.
Mek sure u put ur name, passport no, school, course, hap id, date of visa lodgement etc.

Then tell her u wish to know the status of ur application as ur orientation commences dat particular day, however ur lectures starts on so so date but u applied quite early so u cud be part of the orientation.
That ur looking forward to her/his positive response
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by cremeuc: 3:11pm On Jul 10, 2016
I'm looking for flights too...
The prices r killing me
timotiks:

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jaffejoffer: 5:20pm On Jul 10, 2016
Anyone going to south australia(adelaide) Flinders university, this Month?, also does Airtel work in australia?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 5:34pm On Jul 10, 2016
onyemamuoc:
please is Callaghan far from Sydney. I got a family member in Sydney where I can at least perch for the main time and not rush into paying rents. my campus is Callaghan, so I need to know it's proximity to Sydney.

If you are in Newcastle for MSc, it's best to travel from Sydney to uni for lecturers. More jobs opportunities in Sydney than in Newcastle.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Osamuzi: 5:38pm On Jul 10, 2016
Aiit please send me an email osgecompany@gmail.com... Am going for PhD
onyemamuoc:
yeah I have...it took two weeks. make we relate. leaving tomorrow by the way.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Bambizzle4k4556: 5:58pm On Jul 10, 2016
timotiks:

Mail dem on friday n include dt orientation is compulsory as stated by school n include dt u applied on tym to meet up

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.