Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,304 members, 7,811,898 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:45 PM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (367) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1044440 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by koolaid87: 8:35pm On Jul 25, 2016
linaluv:
what is the chance for those applying for diploma programs and advance diploma programs and certificate programs seeing that universities tuition fees are on the high side?

are diploma programs a red flag at the Aussie embassy?

please guys lets help those who cant afford university education but can afford college(diploma program)

No, they are not red flag...I applied for advanced diploma and it all went fine.

Good luck

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Urbanboy(m): 9:03pm On Jul 25, 2016
Does anyone know which of the banks out there still do Personal Travel Allowance PTA? Info please.
The requirements i saw online?
1 Valid visa and return ticket Valid visa and return ticket
2 Valid International Passport.
does it mean i cant get PTA with a one way ticket?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by rudyislife: 10:37pm On Jul 25, 2016
Please who can recommend schools I can apply to online,without application fees? I intend applying for masters degree in Engineering.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 11:08pm On Jul 25, 2016
bossmiga:
Please is anyone attending or knows someone in University of Wollongong, Wollongong campus, in this forum? I need private accommodation pls.

You can pm me with any details you have. Thanks.
Search Nurseafrica
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by BiafraBushBoy(m): 12:28am On Jul 26, 2016
oluwatdot:
anyone in Griffiths goldcoast campus should please holla me coming to goldcoast weekend.

Bro, How much is your tuition? I really wana start processing Australian program now.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by steamaje: 6:18am On Jul 26, 2016
I have applied for the new SSVP. I used my spouse Tax Certificate... So am waiting for the goodness

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 8:30am On Jul 26, 2016
Did you included Bank Statement or only tax certificate and what other financial documents did you submitted and what Sch?

steamaje:
I have applied for the new SSVP. I used my spouse Tax Certificate... So am waiting for the goodness
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by tosomaju(m): 9:46am On Jul 26, 2016
20 Things a Nigerian Student Will Experience in Australia

A list of 20 things that students from Nigeria will experience while studying in Australia

Beautiful beaches, cutting edge universities and friendly people...Australia is one of the most all encompassing study abroad experiences a Nigerian student could ever hope for! Not sure exactly what to expect? We’ve compiled a list of 20 things you’re likely to encounter during your studies there and we even interviewed Nigerian students who have studied Down Under!

1. Innovation

Australia has produced 15 Nobel Prize laureates with now over 1 billion people around the world relying on their innovations including penicillin, ultrasound and Wi-Fi. An Australian education may well inspire you to create the next Nobel Prize winning invention and make Nigeria proud!

2. Duration of Courses

A Bachelor's degree from an Australian university takes three to five years years of full time study and a typical master’s degree will last for one and a half to two years in total. This is similar to duration of programmes in the US and the UK, so you won’t graduate faster or slower than your cousin who went to London.

3. Contact Hours

Australian education offers high contact hours (from 20 to 40 a week) with tutors often forming strong bonds with their students by challenging and inspiring them. You will also be allocated a personal tutor who will be on hand to talk to about any issues you have during your studies.

4. Social Life

Australia is considered one of the most hospitable nations and accommodates people with diverse cultural backgrounds in its beautiful land. We can see you making lifetime friendships before too long. The country is a melting pot of cultures, which creates interesting social opportunities.

5. Accommodation

With an average monthly price for one bedroom apartment in Australia being A$1,000 (around 140,000 Nigerian Naira depending on the currency exchange), having a roommate can help every student make wise savings to use on Australian adventures during holidays. Your dorm buddy or housemate could become your new travel buddy or even best friend!

6. Sports

Australia has 120 certified sports organisations around the country, covering popular activities such as AFL, cricket, football (soccer), rugby league, golf, tennis and hockey, to name just a few. There are also more Olympic size swimming pools than you can find almost anywhere else. Just make sure you pack your swimmers (swimming costume!)

7. Nature

You'll never be far from the bush in Australia. A quick car or train journey will take you to the heart of nature with kangaroos, wallabies, koalas, emus and lizards at every turn. There are also many zoos and sanctuaries where you get even closer to these animals. Be sure to check out Taronga Zoo in Sydney or the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary near Brisbane.

8. Travel

Short trips and hiking tours are available with most universities in Australia like that to the Outback - a rugged expanse of desert and kangaroos. Get that backpack on and explore the rugged coastal lines, deserts, rainforests, tropical reefs and much more!

9. Weather

The northern states typically experience warm and humid weather while the southern states have colder winters. The southern hemisphere makes seasons opposite to those in the northern hemisphere so you can officially have two summers! Some people say the reason why Australians are so happy is because it's usually sunny, especially in the Sunshine Coast!

10. Study Environment

Nigerian student Ephraim Awuhe Achin studied at the University of Queensland, St Lucia in Brisbane, and is now a qualified Soil Scientist at the Agricultural Research Council in Nigeria. He couldn't praise the Australian education system enough. “The academic environment is excellent whether the institution is located in an urban or rural area," Ephraim told Hotcourses Abroad. "Generally, if you study at an Australian university even if you are a D graded student, you will probably scale up to B or A if you work hard because all conditions are there for your progress."

11. Languages

More than 260 languages are spoken in Australia and although your native Nigeria is home to lots of languages too, Australia will present you with the chance to practice Mandarin, Italian, Arabic, Cantonese and Greek to name a few. Of course English is the language you're most likely to hear around the place, but make the most of being immersed in a melting pot of languages and cultures.

12. Scholarships

With the Australian Government providing over AUS$200 million in international scholarships each year, it has never been more real to get funding for your dream school abroad. You will come across many Australian and international students who have gained scholarships. This country is real about its commitment to higher education.

13. Tuition Fees

English language course fees start from AUS$300 per week, Undergraduate Bachelor Degree fee ranges from AUS$15,000 to AUS$33,000, Postgraduate Masters Degrees range from AUS$20,000 to AUS$37,000 and a Doctoral Degree may cost you up to AUS$37,000. This may be higher than at home, but it's certainly worth the investment.

14. Orientation programmes

These involve academic recommendations and information about campus life in general. Orientation programmes are essential to learning about your new surroundings and are worth taking as there will be someone to guide you and share secret tips and tricks of the trade. Make sure you sign up!

15. Volunteering

One of the most rewarding ways to experience the Australian culture and excel in teamwork is to do volunteering. A variety of volunteer opportunities are available to Nigerian students, from reading to the blind to helping Australia's wildlife. Volunteering is also a great addition to your CV that is sure to impress any employer.

16. Campus Life

Each Australian campus has its unique night scene packed with student bars, movies, shopping, live music and cultural events so you might not even want to go far from uni. You could even eat your breakfast, lunch and dinner here if you wanted! Enjoy...

17. Transport

The national bus service called Greyhound Australia offers a ride anywhere in the country. Getting around the country by bus may take a while however, so you may wish to opt for Qantas airlines or its low budget alternative called Jetstar to save some (Australian) dollars and time!

18. Food

Thanks to Australia’s vast coastline, seafood is a common dish. Try the shellfish called Moreton Bay bugs, the freshwater fish barramundi and Sydney rock oysters. If seafood isn't your thing, make sure you try (or even host) a typical Aussie 'barbie' (barbecue) with your university peers.

19. Artefacts

Native artefacts like didgeridoos and boomerangs are great buys to take home for loved ones or even as a keepsake to remind of your time in the land Down Under. Who knows, before long you might be playing the didgeridoo like a pro!

20. Gifts

Coober Pedy is a mining town in the south of Australia famous for its opals and the town of Broome in Western Australia is renowned for pearl diving. Although Nigeria is not short of its own nature gifts, the beautiful stones found in Australia are sure to impress any mum, sister, or girlfriend!

5 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by smilinguy: 11:52am On Jul 26, 2016
@tosomaju, very nice write up.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Cottyekundayo(m): 1:31pm On Jul 26, 2016
rudyislife:
Please who can recommend schools I can apply to online,without application fees? I intend applying for masters degree in Engineering.

Bros. All schools in australia de recommended o. Na you go k your taste, pocket, and future plans. Hence I recommend google.com. Schools Yapa mehn

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by rudyislife: 2:07pm On Jul 26, 2016
Cottyekundayo:

Bros. All schools in australia de recommended o. Na you go k your taste, pocket, and future plans. Hence I recommend google.com. Schools Yapa mehn
baba I need schools when I no need to pay application fees to thanks if you could mention a few.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by elope: 2:44pm On Jul 26, 2016
rudyislife:
baba I need schools when I no need to pay application fees to thanks if you could mention a few.
almost all of them.. these are things u can google and u should start familiarizing urself with google because it will help u when u eventually get to australia.... mcquarie uni... griffith uni... edith cowan uni... there r so many of them... just google
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mctowel01: 4:00pm On Jul 26, 2016
Solitin40:

No Sir. Fresh high school boy grin
Wow, i m impressed... Good, seeing young people make and understand big decisions like this

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mctowel01: 4:05pm On Jul 26, 2016
Osamuzi:
This 10million matter.. It is actully a balance of your first year school fee, 3000Aud, and living xpenxe...

Tuition balance + 3000 +19830= Bank Statemant

This is inteesting
How true is this, did you apply after july 1st?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mctowel01: 4:15pm On Jul 26, 2016
Stanleyelege:

Not just a soa of 10m but a tax certificate.
The new rule states that an eligible sponsor
must ve a an annual earning of of atleast 10 m.

The new rule stipulates that soa and introduction letter will not be honoured as emphasis was made on Tax receipt.

From my understanding, the applicant must present EITHER OF the two
1. Tax certificate and other evidence showing anual earning of 60kaud (10million naira) to br provided by either himself, spouse or parents.
2. Proof of funds for upkeep to be 19368aud(not sure of the exact value) which is about 4million naira.
I might be wrong, but i still need someone who has applied after july 1st to give more details of how he/she went about it.

Edit.
I just read it again, and after calculating, i got an estimate of minimum of 50kaud for each person depending on the course fee....wow! I m speechless.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by abbyjo: 4:22pm On Jul 26, 2016
Am so excited,
Visa grant gotten this afternoon, hubby was meant to start orientation yesterday buy we got a mail fron the case officer to correct dob for out kids on a document and request for a later resumption date for him.
Today grant was approved.
Pls wld appreciate any help with cheap flight bookings so he can leave immediately.
Tnks to everyone for your help.
You are all appreciated.
Submitted 21st of june in lagos

5 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Cottyekundayo(m): 4:31pm On Jul 26, 2016
rudyislife:
I only know of Edith Cowan University.
You can browse other schools too. Check em admission process

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Teehp(f): 5:20pm On Jul 26, 2016
Good day house , I'm new on here...I just got an admission to cqu, please what's the visa process like, and please is it only the new July 1 process of 10m i can apply tru? Are there other ways I can apply for a permit. I'll appreciate answers please. Thank you
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Asoasoaso: 5:23pm On Jul 26, 2016
Teehp:
Good day house , I'm new on here...I just got an admission to cqu, please what's the visa process like, and please is it only the new July 1 process of 10m i can apply tru? Are there other ways I can apply for a permit. I'll appreciate answers please. Thank you

U can read the new rule here https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/500-
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by POTUSUK: 6:35pm On Jul 26, 2016
Holla..... anyone travelling Thursday eve from abj to Sydney?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by elope: 6:51pm On Jul 26, 2016
POTUSUK:
help a brethren pls.. am looking for phd scholarships
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by abbyjo: 7:24pm On Jul 26, 2016
POTUSUK:

Pls i need hlp with flight booking,
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 8:15pm On Jul 26, 2016
abbyjo:

Pls i need hlp with flight booking,

I sent you a mail
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by steamaje: 9:10pm On Jul 26, 2016
100% correct or you could get use your parents or spouse Annual income option which is about 60Aud... Tax documents only
mctowel01:

How true is this, did you apply after july 1st?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by steamaje: 9:57pm On Jul 26, 2016
You mean ya parents income or what?
mctowel01:

From my understanding, the applicant must present EITHER OF the two
1. Tax certificate and other evidence showing anual earning of 60kaud (10million naira) to br provided by either himself, spouse or parents.
2. Proof of funds for upkeep to be 19368aud(not sure of the exact value) which is about 4million naira.
I might be wrong, but i still need someone who has applied after july 1st to give more details of how he/she went about it.

Edit.
I just read it again, and after calculating, i got an estimate of minimum of 50kaud for each person depending on the course fee....wow! I m speechless.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by POTUSUK: 10:04pm On Jul 26, 2016
POTUSUK:

I have a stopover at Dubai. Pls, Do I need a transit visa @ Dubai. Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by abbyjo: 10:14pm On Jul 26, 2016
bellong:

I sent you a mail

Thank u sir
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by abbyjo: 10:15pm On Jul 26, 2016
POTUSUK:

I have a stopover at Dubai. Pls, Do I need a transit visa @ Dubai. Thanks

What airline and how any hours is ur transit time?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Teaser4(m): 2:04am On Jul 27, 2016
which school is good and not too expensive for masters of public admin or anything related to public policy or public management in australia
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by PuyolOkoye: 6:11am On Jul 27, 2016
bellong:

I sent you a mail
Please send me the same mail. Koyps360@gmail.com
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mctowel01: 7:19am On Jul 27, 2016
steamaje:
You mean ya parents income or what?
The 50k estimate is for going with the option of showing proof of living, travel and course costs and thats a whole lot of money. It must be a deposit in your account or a kind of scholarship you have.
The 60k annual income is beyond an average Nigerian. Mehn, whats this world turning to?

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kofson: 8:06am On Jul 27, 2016
In this case (50k aud) is one supposed to include tax docs as evidence.Also is the money supposed to be in the account for three months?

(1) (2) (3) ... (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.