Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,650 members, 7,813,194 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:27 AM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1044877 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ernestudezi(m): 6:45pm On May 27, 2015
Hello all,

I'm about to lodge my 573 SVP visa, but i'm a tad confused as to what documents actually need notarising. Has anyone lodged an application recently? Please help. Thanks.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mrnilobrawn: 8:09pm On May 27, 2015
ernestudezi:
Hello all,

I'm about to lodge my 573 SVP visa, but i'm a tad confused as to what documents actually need notarising. Has anyone lodged an application recently? Please help. Thanks.
ALL EXCEPT FORM 157A

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by teeflow09: 8:13pm On May 27, 2015
lchilax:

congratz ohhh
Congrats mobuch...pls I submitted my application via teleperformance on 25th of march and I am yet to hear anyfin.. pls any advice for me, I wouldn't mind if u send me a mail.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:26pm On May 27, 2015
teeflow09:

Congrats mobuch...pls I submitted my application via teleperformance on 25th of march and I am yet to hear anyfin.. pls any advice for me, I wouldn't mind if u send me a mail.

I think u need to contact them; I applied on d 14th of may n received my veisa on d 24th. Am thinking my visa was fast tracked because I used pfl which has a working relationship with them.

4 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:48pm On May 27, 2015
1. Visa Application Fee NGN80,700 and 6,800 for Teleperformance fee.

2. All copies of Educational Qualifications, International Passport datapage copy, Birth Certificate from National Population Commission, if married, Certificate of marriage, all these documents are paramount and must be Certified.

3 Don't forget to write an SOP.

4. Don't forget your yellow card copy.

5. Don't forget to frontload your Medicals.

6. Pollion Vacination.

Good Luck!

ernestudezi:
Hello all,

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by laminaria(m): 8:57pm On May 27, 2015
teeflow09:

are under SVP or assessment level3?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by shapoh(m): 9:04pm On May 27, 2015
Thanks bro, but would dis work out or sound well, B.Sc in computer science and i want to go for diploma in nursing, hope dere wont be an immigration issue, as in d courses are far apart, do i need to ave a cv with nursing experience like someone said ur cv must have jobs related to the course.

thanks

how are you?
mrnilobrawn:

For visa purpose.....
If u ar under SVP u dont need bank statement.

If not under SVP here is a list of eligible sponsors...

Note: An eligible family member includes:

the applicant
the applicant's partner
the applicant's parents
the applicant's grandparents
the applicant's brothers or sisters
an uncle or aunt of the applicant who is:
an Australian citizen, and Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen and
usually resident in Australia.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Mikey(m): 9:06pm On May 27, 2015
mrnilobrawn:

ALL EXCEPT FORM 157A
Please mrnilobrawn, assist me with the last question I asked you
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dexterinc2003: 9:10pm On May 27, 2015
Phemorinho:

hello bro. I wanna move to Aussie with my family via student visa (undergraduate) my wife is 27,she will be the applicant cos i work with federal govt. she will write ielts soon. I wanna ask our chances of migration. also I hope we will not need any bank statement? also which cheap school can she apply?thanks

I dont know much about the undergraduate route,but i will advice she continues with the ielts,although i later found out that not all schools demand for an ielts,only problem is that if you are looking for a school without the ielts requirement,you will narrow your school options greatly.
At 27,im sure she has a first degree and you also,with some job experience,why not try the 189 route?i think it will be a better option(although it takes longer) ,as you can also decide to study or work when you get there.
You forgot to mention what course she wants to study,as some schools have advantages over others in certain courses.

PS:your chances of migration can only be determined by the point test,schools listed under svp dont require bank statements,and finally australian schools are not cheap bro.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:14pm On May 27, 2015
@People,
That thing was talking about using two sittings...I thought only Nigeria knows that two sittings thing. grin

People must have complained bitterly...I remember writing to DIBP on why they gave British Council that monopoly.

So if u are a nurse or midwife or both and want to register as one in Oz, if u have the test results of the same type...kindly use the two so long as both are within 6 months of each other. Like u can have speaking 7.0, Writing 7.5, Reading 6.5 and Listening 7.0 from ur March 1 IELTS Academic exams....quickly or don't wait more than August 30 to take another IELTS AC exam to get maybe Reading 7.0, Writing 6.5, Listening 6.5 and Speaking 6.5!

For PTE Academic...65 overall if u wanna combine two sittings...no band on both should be less than 58!

Note for Nurses and Midwives..only IELTS AC is accepted..no GT. U still have TOEFL iBt as an option. There are CAE and OET..I don't think they admissible in NIGERIA. Check though...I learnt OET is the best.

Meanwhile, this is one criterion to be allowed to register and get a license oh. For immigration, u will still deal with ANMAC.

I hope other assessing authorities get a review like this from DIBP.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Ifexsco: 9:38pm On May 27, 2015
Hello peeps, am back with a concern.....as I said earlier, I had submitted my 189 application but yet to upload my documents. Just want to be sure it can be done that way because am having issues here uploading.....I click on attach and the page goes grey as if its loading....and it starts that way for ever!! Is it that my internet is poor? But am opening other sites pretty fast.
The guide says an application must have in progress as status before you can upload documents.....but mine is saying application received?

Pls comment guys and help a bro!
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by scrollmeout(m): 9:40pm On May 27, 2015
ferdimako:
@People,
That thing was talking about using two sittings...I thought only Nigeria knows that two sittings thing. grin

People must have complained bitterly...I remember writing to DIBP on why they give British Council that monopoly.

So if u are a nurse or midwife or both and want to register as one in Oz, if u have the test results of the same type...kindly use the two so long as both are within 6 months of each other. Like u can have speaking 7.0, Writing 7.5, Reading 6.5 and Listening 7.0 from ur March 1 IELTS Academic exams....quickly or don't wait more than August 30 to take another IELTS AC exam to get maybe Reading 7.0, Writing 6.5, Listening 6.5 and Speaking 7.5!

For PTE Academic...65 overall if u wanna combine two sittings...no band on both should be less than 58!

Note for Nurses and Midwives..only IELTS AC is accepted..no GT. U still have TOEFL iBt as an option. There are CAE and OET..I don't think they admissible in NIGERIA. Check though...I learnt OET is the best.

Meanwhile, this is one criterion to be allowed to register and get a license oh. For immigration, u will still deal with ANMAC.

I hope other assessing authorities get a review like this from DIBP.

Hello Ferdie, can you kindly shed more light on this issue? Are you saying DIBP now allows two sittings for English ability for PTE? Well, as an update for my IELTS wahala. I got my recent IELTS results , and well sam ol same ol
R: 8.5 L: 8.5 W:6.5 S:7
Well, i applied for a remark of my writing today. I'll keep preparing for my PTE, but never again will i write IELTS, never again!
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:59pm On May 27, 2015
scrollmeout:

Hello Ferdie, can you kindly shed more light on this issue? Are you saying DIBP now allows two sittings for English ability for PTE? Well, as an update for my IELTS wahala. I got my recent IELTS results , and well sam ol same ol
R: 8.5 L: 8.5 W:6.5 S:7
Well, i applied for a remark of my writing today. I'll keep preparing for my PTE, but never again will i write IELTS, never again!
Old boy ..it is for nurses to get registered before they can work as nurses.

I expect DIBP to take a leaf from AHPRA book. Pls don't do IELTS again...use ur remarking period to prepare for pte-a. Good thing IELTS has case-hardened u...all u need now is to master the format. You will hit at 65+
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lchilax: 10:56pm On May 27, 2015
teeflow09:

Pls I need some info from you,I Applied March 25 I never hear anything, I submitted through teleperformance....student visa subclass 572...I sent a mail no response yet.

sorry i saw this late, try calling their Pretoria office cos i got an acknowledgement email from pretoria a few days back. they also requested some statements from me, which i sent.
my point is if u havnt heard from them since march, u should not just email them, i think you should call them

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 12:17am On May 28, 2015
Ifexsco:
Hello peeps, am back with a concern.....as I said earlier, I had submitted my 189 application but yet to upload my documents. Just want to be sure it can be done that way because am having issues here uploading.....I click on attach and the page goes grey as if its loading....and it starts that way for ever!! Is it that my internet is poor? But am opening other sites pretty fast.
The guide says an application must have in progress as status before you can upload documents.....but mine is saying application received?

Pls comment guys and help a bro!

You can upload documents immediately after application has been submitted. And also you could wait till when you see requested documents. I attached mine immediately after I submitted and also went ahead with the Medicals without being asked to do so. And guess what, the only mail I got from case officer was VISA GRANT-189. and that happened just in 39 days. So, upload all the documents and arrange for medicals.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 12:19am On May 28, 2015
pls tell me...is it possible to get a possitive assessment from EA with less than 3yrs working exp?
NNBB2012:

You can upload documents immediately after application has been submitted. And also you could wait till when you see requested documents. I attached mine immediately after I submitted and also went ahead with the Medicals without being asked to do so. And guess what, the only mail I got from case officer was VISA GRANT-189. and that happened just in 39 days. So, upload all the documents and arrange for medicals.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Ifexsco: 12:23am On May 28, 2015
NNBB2012:

Thanks man!
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Ifexsco: 12:33am On May 28, 2015
chuckdee13:
pls tell me...is it possible to get a possitive assessment from EA with less than 3yrs working exp?

My answer will be yes, if you can produce 3 career episodes at the level (professional engineer, engineering manager, technologist, etc) you are being assessed for and in SOL (for eg civil engr) you are being assessed for. EA determining if your experience is relevant and therefore for how long you can claim for is an added service. However, to submit EOI, you have to wait to have at least 3yrs. You are considered with your "state" at the point you are invited by skills elect to apply for visa.

My thoughts though.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 12:38am On May 28, 2015
if i must wait to get 3yrs exp before eoi then its better i wait althogether. thx alot though. one more thing...career episode is like a particular job uve handled at a certain time which counts for experience right?
Ifexsco:

My answer will be yes, if you can produce 3 career episodes at the level (professional engineer, engineering manager, technologist, etc) you are being assessed for and in SOL (for eg civil engr) you are being assessed for. EA determining if your experience is relevant and therefore for how long you can claim for is an added service. However, to submit EOI, you have to wait to have at least 3yrs. You are considered with your "state" at the point you are invited by skills elect to apply for visa.

My thoughts though.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Ifexsco: 12:51am On May 28, 2015
chuckdee13:
if i must wait to get 3yrs exp before eoi then its better i wait althogether. thx alot though. one more thing...career episode is like a particular job uve handled at a certain time which counts for experience right?

Guess I should make a little correction, if you can raise 60 points without points for work exp, then you can apply for eoi with exp less than 3yrs.....but to get 5points for exp, you must have at least 3yrs exp after your last qualification.
Yes, Career episodes are jobs u have handled or participated in in your nominated area.

See me o...I don dey advice others here o.....lol, soon I go become bossmanMo grin

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 2:00am On May 28, 2015
gogochocolate:
My dear friends the last few months have been critical for me with regards to this migration move. I and members of my family were granted 189 visa December last year by Australia DIBP and we were planning to move Australia later this year. Before that i had applied for Canada FSWP program and it was taking forever to process. I have hinged my prediction on the fact that it takes about three to four years to process based on the normal bottlenecks experienced with CIC Canada. However not long after i was granted the 189 Australia Visa, last two months precisely ,Canadian Immigration contacted me for medicals and shortly after i was asked for my passport and issued an immigrant visa. I am apprehensive now cause they are both coming at this time and the last date of entry for both differs by about some few month.
Please i need someone who is versed with the job opportunities in both countries to advise me. I have tried to calculate the cost of going to both countries to at least activate the Permanent residence status but the tickets fees are astronomical. I love Australia but what is drawing me to Canada is more of friends and Family network. In Australia, I don't have anyone to put me through but i understand Australia recognizes Nigerian Credentials and it would be easy for me to get a job as as a professional engineer.
My second issue is that while Engineers Australia has assessed me for migration i have not had any dealing with any engineering society in Canada inorder words i am not recognized as an engineer.
Please kindly advise.

I know how you feel. You must be very confused now. Well, I will just tell you little that I know. You could check with your family and friends in Canada on general situations there. I can only talk a bit about Australia.

Australia Benefits:

- Right to live and work permanently in Australia
- Right to live and work unrestricted in New Zealand. New Zealand PR holders cannot do so.
- Right to become citizen after four years as a resident.
- Right to free Medicare in Government hospital.
- Child care benefit for kids-Means tested anyway .
- Child care rebates for all irrespective of your income
- Right to family tax benefit A & B subject to income.
- Children born inside Australia will be Australian citizens
- Having Australia passport enables you to enter more than 168 countries of the world including Canada, USA,UK on visa free or visa on arrival etc. Some of the countries you could work and live for a period of time such as US, Canada, UK etc.
- Right to free education in from primary to secondary school in a public school as a PR holder.
- As aa citizen, Government pay your school fees-as loan in the University and you can start paying back when you start to earn up to 53,000AUD per annum.
- Right to sponsor your family members for Permanent residence, subject to fulfilling some criteria.
- Right to youth employment benefit.
- Right to social security benefit.
- You can easily own houses through mortgage so long you are earning income. You only need 5% deposit as a first home buyer in some state.
- Right to become anything you want to be. You will be supported by government.
- Great weather. Although there could be flood and storms in some places. Also wildfire is a threat particularly in some regional areas.

In terms of countries GDP, Australia is no 12.
Australia Current unemployment rate is 6.2%

Cost of Living compared
Indices Difference
Consumer Prices in Canada are 18.36% lower than in Australia
Consumer Prices Including Rent in Canada are 22.68% lower than in Australia
Rent Prices in Canada are 32.17% lower than in Australia
Restaurant Prices in Canada are 16.47% lower than in Australia
Groceries Prices in Canada are 9.50% lower than in Australia
Local Purchasing Power in Canada is 4.87% lower than in Australia

Melbourne has been the most liveable city in the world for some years in a row now. And the 18th most expensive city to live. Brisbane is 13th most expensive city and Sydney 11th city. No Canadian city in the first 20 most expensive cities to live.

Australia generally is one of the most expensive country to live in the world. This depends largely on where you live. For example, Sydney cost of living is huge. What kills here majorly is the cost of rents. And even at that, it depends on where you live in Sydney.
Minimum wage in Australia currently is AUD 16.87/hr
Minimum wage in Canada currently is CAD 11/hr

Employment Situation

Regarding employment for prospective overseas Engineers, I would say it depends on your skills and your experience. Some people were employed directly from Nigeria to work here even without PR. I know of a Mechanical Engineer that got job 7 days after he arrived and some 1-month or two etc. However, do spend several months before they get their dream jobs. Anyway, things have changed a bit because market is a bit flooded particularly for Telecom Engineers. Although there is this ‘local experience palaver’ which most Australian employers value so much. It was when I got in that I discovered why they value it so much. Different work ethics is one of the reasons. If you have worked in places like the UK,US etc. You won’t find it difficult as such when looking for jobs. In Nigeria, we are jack of all trades so to say, but here there is clear delineation of duties. In some cases, you are expected to focus on your area only. Back in Nigeria, I was doing planning, project engineering, support etc. but when I got here, I focus only on designing, less stressful so to say. Having said that, there are skills and experience in Telecom engineering that are not in demand such RF,CORE and BSS. It will be easier for someone with transmission (Not Microwave) experience coupled with IT to get something than a RF Engineer or Core Engineer.

I know few Nigerians working in Oil and gas, IT, Construction industry and also Telecomms. Generally, the strategy is to have Australia standard CV, relevant certifications and not minding starting afresh or do an internship and possibly volunteering jobs. Taking up a volunteering job will fetch you Australian experience.

If you educate me more on your skills and experience, I will be able to advise you. Meanwhile, you could check the two major job websites: www.seek.com.au and www.indeed.com.au

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 2:16am On May 28, 2015
chuckdee13:

Yes, but it depends on what you are being assessed for. You are fine for other cadres except Engineering Manager which you need at least 3yrs in Managerial role . However, you need to know that work experience with less than 3 years will not give you any point under skilled migration. In that case, you must do well in English test to meet up with the required points. Although you could go for visa subclass 489 and 190 provided that your age is between 25-32=30points,Qualification-15points and English test-10points at least.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bossladymo1: 2:50am On May 28, 2015
gogochocolate:
My dear friends the last few months have been critical for me with regards to this migration move. I and members of my family were granted 189 visa December last year by Australia DIBP and we were planning to move Australia later this year. Before that i had applied for Canada FSWP program and it was taking forever to process. I have hinged my prediction on the fact that it takes about three to four years to process based on the normal bottlenecks experienced with CIC Canada. However not long after i was granted the 189 Australia Visa, last two months precisely ,Canadian Immigration contacted me for medicals and shortly after i was asked for my passport and issued an immigrant visa. I am apprehensive now cause they are both coming at this time and the last date of entry for both differs by about some few month.
Please i need someone who is versed with the job opportunities in both countries to advise me. I have tried to calculate the cost of going to both countries to at least activate the Permanent residence status but the tickets fees are astronomical. I love Australia but what is drawing me to Canada is more of friends and Family network. In Australia, I don't have anyone to put me through but i understand Australia recognizes Nigerian Credentials and it would be easy for me to get a job as as a professional engineer.
My second issue is that while Engineers Australia has assessed me for migration i have not had any dealing with any engineering society in Canada inorder words i am not recognized as an engineer.
Please kindly advise.

I tried replying your email to me, it kept bouncing back.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bossladymo1: 3:01am On May 28, 2015
NNBB2012

You are right. Their request for local experience is not silly actually. It's when you are lucky to get a job without it, that you understand why they always ask for it. Their work culture here is totally different. They are vibrant, stick to the job, OH&S policies, and are always professional.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 4:51am On May 28, 2015
bossladymo1:
NNBB2012

You are right. Their request for local experience is not silly actually. It's when you are lucky to get a job without it, that you understand why they always ask for it. Their work culture here is totally different. They are vibrant, stick to the job, OH&S policies, and are always professional.

Yes o. The reason why compliance with OH&S is non-negotiable is because of huge penalties involve. Organization sometimes have to pay millions of dollars if they are liable.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ernestudezi(m): 5:16am On May 28, 2015
Thank you very much. Does the yellow card contain evidence of having taken the Polio Vaccination? or is there a separate document for that? Also, how far back do I go with the academic qualifications? Do I start from WAEC or do I include the First School Leaving Certificate?

1. Visa Application Fee NGN80,700 and 6,800 for Teleperformance fee.

2. All copies of Educational Qualifications, International Passport datapage copy, Birth Certificate from National Population Commission, if married, Certificate of marriage, all these documents are paramount and must be Certified.

3 Don't forget to write an SOP.

4. Don't forget your yellow card copy.

5. Don't forget to frontload your Medicals.

6. Pollion Vacination.

Good Luck!

[/quote]
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ernestudezi(m): 5:18am On May 28, 2015
[Thanks.]

ALL EXCEPT FORM 157A
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bossladymo1: 5:27am On May 28, 2015
NNBB2012:

Yes o. The reason why compliance with OH&S is non-negotiable is because of huge penalties involve. Organization sometimes have to pay millions of dollars if they are liable.

I can imagine! Was discussing it with my husband yesterday too. That is one of the reasons you have to go through induction and all that. Even this my small work that does not involve any machinery or heavy lifting, I still had to do safety induction.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 6:13am On May 28, 2015
bossladymo1:

I can imagine! Was discussing it with my husband yesterday too. That is one of the reasons you have to go through induction and all that. Even this my small work that does not involve any machinery or heavy lifting, I still had to do safety induction.

Sure, safety is key here. Most jobs require safety inductions. They don't want people to endanger themselves and others as well.

Even road safety is not taken lightly. Every year, you have to do pink slip-safety check for any vehicle more than 5years before the registration can be renewed. Even Van has to be thoroughly assessed and deemed fit before the registration could be renewed. Hardly will you see an accident as a result of burst tyres. Tyres have to meet certain specifications before they can be used. Even vehicles cannot over speed as such because there are cameras everywhere monitoring people. And where there are no safety cameras, police may not be far from such. By the time you pay heavy fine for over speeding once, nobody will tell you to drive carefully next time. You cannot excape because your address is tied to your registration. Sincerely, I wish our policy makers back in Nigeria could adopt the system. It is working.

3 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bossladymo1: 6:16am On May 28, 2015
NNBB2012:

Sure, safety is key here. Most jobs require safety inductions. They don't want people to endanger themselves and others as well.

Even road safety is not taken lightly. Every year, you have to do pink slip-safety check for any vehicle more than 5years before the registration can be renewed. Even Van has to be thoroughly assessed and deemed fit before the registration could be renewed. Hardly will you see an accident as a result of burst tyres. Tyres have to meet certain specifications before they can be used. Even vehicles cannot over speed as such because there are cameras everywhere monitoring people. And where there are no safety cameras, police may not be far from such. By the time you pay heavy fine for over speeding once, nobody will tell you to drive carefully next time. You cannot excape because your address is tied to your registration. Sincerely, I wish our policy makers back in Nigeria could adopt the system. It is working.

plenty paparazzi lol.

Where exactly are you located? Melbourne?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 6:18am On May 28, 2015
This may be of interest to anyone preparing for PTE-Academics.

PTE-Academics score guide.

http://pearsonpte.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/PTEA_Score_Guide.pdf
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 6:20am On May 28, 2015
bossladymo1:

plenty paparazzi lol.

Where exactly are you located? Melbourne?

Yes, I live in Sydney.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.