Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1046630 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by samuelokwu: 1:33pm On Jul 26, 2015
Ok let me explain. I have 60 points but do not have the English requirements for my assessing body (ICAA) . How ever I have the English requirements for visa processing.
So the issue is English for assessment.

bellong:

I do not understand you. In one page you said you have 60points as it stand, what do you need 489 for?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 1:38pm On Jul 26, 2015
samuelokwu:

Ok let me explain. I have 60 points but do not have the English requirements for my assessing body (ICAA) . How ever I have the English requirements for visa processing.
So the issue is English for assessment.

Do the English and get assessed by the body. There is no other way around it. Even with the 489, you still need them to assess you.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by samuelokwu: 1:56pm On Jul 26, 2015
I have the required English for 489 assessment. I did pte academics 2 weeks ago And scored L-82, R-73, S-56, W-83.
189 and 190 requires 65 in all bands while 489 requires 50 in all bands.

From my above result in speaking I am only qualified for 489.
So this is the basis for my inquiries into 489.

bellong:

Do the English and get assessed by the body. There is no other way around it. Even with the 489, you still need them to assess you.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 2:11pm On Jul 26, 2015
Pls house I need your light in this, A friend got admitted in CQU, they didn't require English, he has gotten his eCoE and is ready to apply for his Visa.

My question, will the Embassy request English Requirement from the Student?

Your light in this will be appreciated
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jul 26, 2015
And for the record, u can process any type with competent levels when u can hit 60 points from other sources.
samuelokwu:

I have the required English for 489 assessment. I did pte academics 2 weeks ago And scored L-82, R-73, S-56, W-83.

You can't go for 489 or any other visa type without ur skills assessment being positive. So u did PTE when u know it will only be for DIBP...chai.

For the record, you can process any visa type with competent level of any English test..esp at DIBP stage.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jul 26, 2015
bellong:

I just tire...
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jul 26, 2015
erictack203:
Pls house I need your light in this, A friend got admitted in CQU, they didn't require English, he has gotten his eCoE and is ready to apply for his Visa.

Na u dey ask this question?

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 2:30pm On Jul 26, 2015
samuelokwu:

Cost of 489 visa is same as 189/190. Why waste hundreds of thousand when 35k can solve your challenge.

Take the IELTS again and go for 189/190 straight. Knock out 489 from your options.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 26, 2015
samuelokwu:

Thanks . I am sure you mean IELTS academics. My assessing body requires academics for assessment.
I will do it this August . But will do PTE academics again

Do anyone ur assessing authority requires...finish with them first before DIBP. DIBP will accept what ur assessing authority mandated u. No need doing two different tests unless u are looking for more migration points at DIBP stage.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jul 26, 2015
bellong:

Cost of 489 visa is same as 189/190. Why waste hundreds of thousand when 35k can solve your challenge.

Take the IELTS again and go for 189/190 straight. Knock out 489 from your options.
It's N40,000 now, bro. Great inputs from u!
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 3:39pm On Jul 26, 2015
@Fedimako.

Na me ooo Oga, I just want to be sure, am not too sure, I want sm1 more experienced to advice. I told him am not sure.

ferdimako:

Na u dey ask this question?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 26, 2015
erictack203:
@Fedimako.

Na me ooo Oga, I just want to be sure, am not too sure, I want sm1 more experienced to advice. I told him am not sure.

Once ur school has given u an admission without it....DIBP doesn't ask oh.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ola30(m): 4:44pm On Jul 26, 2015
@NNBB2011...@ferdimako...@bellong and other great contributor in the house.have been silent reader of this thread for weeks now...pls I have some question to ask as per PRV.
I have HND banking&finance
I have 12yrs working experience(4yrs as banker tii now)
I am 39yrs.
IELTS not yet taken.

And my wife..
Bsc Economics
she has 7 yrs work experience(5yrs as a banker till now.
She is 35 yrs.
ielts nor yet taken.
....pls advice us who's to be or likely be the principal applicant and what step to be taken next.your contribution will be highly appreciated.thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jul 26, 2015
ola30:
@NNBB2011...@ferdimako...@bellong and other great contributor in the house.have been silent reader of this thread for weeks now...pls I have some question to ask as per PRV.
I have HND banking&finance
I have 12yrs working experience(4yrs as banker tii now)
I am 39yrs.
IELTS not yet taken.

And my wife..
Bsc Economics
she has 7 yrs work experience(5yrs as a banker till now.
She is 35 yrs.
ielts nor yet taken.
....pls advice us who's to be or likely be the principal applicant and what step to be taken next.your contribution will be highly appreciated.thanks
Identify the occupation ur HND can tally with alongside ur job duties. Then will ur HND be evaluated at par with what the occupation mandates?

I think Economics is on the SOL, so ur wife may be more qualified to be a PA. So locate the occupation Economics degree supports with her duties at workplace and check if her degree will cut the educational requirement.

If those turn out positive...she will do IELTS or any other English test and pull 7-all bands or its equivalent... 189 visas will be looking up for you guys.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 5:13pm On Jul 26, 2015
Ok Boss, thanks a lot for the information. I will relate this to him.

Thanks alot.

ferdimako:

Once ur school has given u an admission without it....DIBP doesn't ask oh.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by databasecareers: 8:23pm On Jul 26, 2015
stephen111:

please update on your application. should in case anyone have same outcome

Update on what application please?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by databasecareers: 8:28pm On Jul 26, 2015
erictack203:

Since ur school doesn't require English test, the embassy wouldn't either, the eCOE is the main doc
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stephen111(m): 8:50pm On Jul 26, 2015
databasecareers:

Update on what application please?

thanks for your response, i mean were you given another extension letter from school apart from the first issued to you. since your visa was issued a day to your resumption date
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 10:38pm On Jul 26, 2015
Ola30,

Your HND is likely going to be assessed as comparable to a diploma, which may not go well with chosen occupation if it requires a degree.

Your wife is in a good position to be the principal applicant.

Go through the occupation list, if you have read the two threads you should know where to get the list, to check for an occupation that closely relates with her work experience and degree. Lodge in assessment with the assessing authority against it. She needs 60points as the minimum to be invited to apply.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 12:03am On Jul 27, 2015
Thanks a lot. I appreciate

databasecareers:

Since ur school doesn't require English test, the embassy wouldn't either, the eCOE is the main doc
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chase123: 12:46am On Jul 27, 2015
NNBB2012:

Yes, it was full time and the employment letter sent via e-mail. Visa was processed for me,ticket purchased and hotel accommodation reserved for me for 1 week.
This how you can set-up a skype account:

1Sign in to your account.
2 In the Manage features section, select Skype Number.
3 Click Get a Skype Number and follow the instructions to complete the purchase

thanks. Am a bit confused. Did you get employer nomination visa,that is,did you obtain a job offer from an employer in Australia while in Nigeria that enabled your visa to be processed, or you obtained a permanent residency visa before you got the job in Australia,please clarify this. What occupation were you assessed for, and how many years of experience was indicated on your CV. Sorry for so many questions. I just want to clear my confusion,expecting your reply
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 4:08am On Jul 27, 2015
chase123:
thanks. Am a bit confused. Did you get employer nomination visa,that is,did you obtain a job offer from an employer in Australia while in Nigeria that enabled your visa to be processed, or you obtained a permanent residency visa before you got the job in Australia,please clarify this. What occupation were you assessed for, and how many years of experience was indicated on your CV. Sorry for so many questions. I just want to clear my confusion,expecting your reply

My occupation is Telecommunication Engineer and I had about 6years work experience then in Nigeria. I was sponsored on a Skilled Temporary visa-457 after the job offer about 3years and 11months ago by an Australian Employer. Initially, everything looked like a joke but then it was REAL. It was when I got here that I applied for Skilled Independent PR and now few weeks more to be eligible for citizenship.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 4:53am On Jul 27, 2015
haba ppl,
it is as if we've all suddenly forgotten the bosslady

Oga moderators, please kindly do something about thebosslady
Thanks once again

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by samuelokwu: 8:15am On Jul 27, 2015
Thanks . I prefer to spend 40k than hundred of thousands. I will follow ur advise.

ferdimako:

It's N40,000 now, bro. Great inputs from u!
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:36am On Jul 27, 2015
samuelokwu:

Thanks . I prefer to spend 40k than hundred of thousands. I will follow ur advise.

Pls do...u can get 7-all bands. It'll save u a lot and set ur boat sailing swimmingly.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:38am On Jul 27, 2015
ewagbamio:
haba ppl,
it is as if we've all suddenly forgotten the bosslady

Oga moderators, please kindly do something about thebosslady
Thanks once again
I don't know what else to do...I advised her to relax and focus on other things around her immediate ambience.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by cybug: 9:01am On Jul 27, 2015
I'm about to submit my documents to Vetassess... Please, which is preferable between paper based application and online application?

#BringBackOurBossLadyMo
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by BKings: 11:07am On Jul 27, 2015
NNBB2012:

Yes, it was full time and the employment letter sent via e-mail. Visa was processed for me,ticket purchased and hotel accommodation reserved for me for 1 week.
This how you can set-up a skype account:

1Sign in to your account.
2 In the Manage features section, select Skype Number.
3 Click Get a Skype Number and follow the instructions to complete the purchase

Nice one. What visa subclass was it
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chase123: 11:07am On Jul 27, 2015
NNBB2012:

My occupation is Telecommunication Engineer and I had about 6years work experience then in Nigeria. I was sponsored on a Skilled Temporary visa-457 after the job offer about 3years and 11months ago by an Australian Employer. Initially, everything looked like a joke but then it was REAL. It was when I got here that I applied for Skilled Independent PR and now few weeks more to be eligible for citizenship.
ok thanks,that is a good news happy for you.was your skill assessed by your assessing body before you applied for the job
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mrsdee: 11:43am On Jul 27, 2015
ferdimako:

I don't know what else to do...I advised her to relax and focus on other things around her immediate ambience.

Please stop discouraging her, she is needed here.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by scrollmeout(m): 11:57am On Jul 27, 2015
I've been silent because I felt this ban would have been lifted by now. The mods should please investigate this...justwise..can you help with this? Besides, I feel there should be a way to appeal such bans especially if it not in good faith. Please #BringbackourBossladymo1

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jul 27, 2015
mrsdee:

Please stop discouraging her, she is needed here.
What have u done? Honestly I do but she has her right to decide. She can't be begging to be allowed in, at her stage. By the way, Justwise said being a resourceful person doesn't guarantee one not being banned till 2025...so?

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)