Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1046624 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jbadmus: 10:18am On Jul 28, 2015
NNBB2012:

Read the previous posts you will get the information you need. But I can assure you that you are eligible considering your degree.
Many thanks,boss, for your response.I will be glad if you could mention the pages where I can get these information.I have read the first twelve pages without seeing any info related to my enquiry.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 11:47am On Jul 28, 2015
Roger that Sir! We will email Admin. At least it's a step.

justwise:

There is little or nothing i can do in this case, i have asked and was told that she was banned for spamming which surprises me to say the least considering the length of the ban

You guy can email the admin to plead on her behalf or open a thread in general or food section and politely state your case for her.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 11:55am On Jul 28, 2015
Hi,

So you should know, Schools try to frustrate efforts of self Oshc arrangements, ppl should avoid it, even if you will get it cheaper, try to patronise your School, insurance Company gives the University extra 700dollars for bringing a Students' Oshc, if you arrange yourself, they gets only the tuition deposit, remember they are out to make profit in their Business.

Discuss this with your School and have them correct the error, if not you and Pretoria go wear one trouser. Call your School and sort it out with them, they may have to send you a revised CoE.

atrapon:
Warm greetings my people,i got an offer for 3.5 years course,in d provision for oshc fee they wrote self organise implying i will provide it myself..under it is 2015-2022.am just confused as to why d oshc should be upto 2022 where my course ends 2019.am i suposed to get a cover for my course duration 2019 or 2022?thank you

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 1:06pm On Jul 28, 2015
Ok thx a lot for the explanation....I'll just give it a try while I still continue what I wanna do too smiley
NNBB2012:

In my own case, I put everything about me in Nigeria on my CV then and they still called me. Anyway, that was about 4years ago, so things have changed now. It is really hard to get such opportunity these days except your skill is really scarce to get here in Australia. The so-called idea is specifically for the PR holders who can fly in to Australia to attend interview or request that interview should be scheduled so that they can prepare for their trip. I mentioned it to one PR holder that assisted to come over here and he did it while still in the UK. Honestly, it worked for him and was able to attend interviews qucikly.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stephen111(m): 1:36pm On Jul 28, 2015
emmiezye:

Mine was uploaded on 23rd to Sydney too but my school gave me till 10th of August to resume.. Just be patient tho! I believe u will hear from them this week.
Have you been contacted at all? Have you send mail concerning your extension?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jbadmus: 1:45pm On Jul 28, 2015
jbadmus:

Many thanks,boss, for your response.I will be glad if you could mention the pages where I can get these information.I have read the first twelve pages without seeing any info related to my enquiry.
I am still in need of a good response as regards my enquiry. It appears as if the thread on Canadian immigration is more receptive and accommodating to enquries than this one. I observed that when a new entrant in that thread aked a question that had been asked before,he/she would be given a brief summary, directed to a link(page) or given a previous write-up that provides answer to the much desired question.It is not an easy thing to start from page 1 to the last page because one wants an info .Please, I need the help of senior colleagues in this thread on how to go about Ausie immigration process; just a link or summary will suffice.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 2:01pm On Jul 28, 2015
jbadmus:

I am still in need of a good response as regards my enquiry. It appears as if the thread on Canadian immigration is more receptive and accommodating to enquries than this one. I observed that when a new entrant in that thread aked a question that had been asked before,he/she would be given a brief summary, directed to a link(page) or given a previous write-up that provides answer to the much desired question.It is not an easy thing to start from page 1 to the last page because one wants an info .Please, I need the help of senior colleagues in this thread on how to go about Ausie immigration process; just a link or summary will suffice.

Bro, this is a childish rant. The fact that something is done somewhere does not mean it will be done in another place. The energy with which you typed this is more than enough to use Google search to resolve your question. Never noticed your initial question though, would have given you a generic response which is below.

Start from reading this site, you get all the info needed there... http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Skil

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jul 28, 2015
jbadmus:

You can always search the thread with appropriate words. Note that agents are meant to dog-ear pages and u pay them.

Anyway, ur B.Eng is 15 points if comparable with Aussie's, 6yrs of relevant work experience is 10points...that is 25points. You need 60 points for 189 visa! What is ur age? Your assessing authority is Engineers Australia, EA. Get to their website and know what they need...CDR, employment ref and so on. We will do an English test.

What program did ur wife have a B.Sc from and what are her duties at workplace?

Answer those and we take it from there.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mclarry(m): 7:16pm On Jul 28, 2015
hmmmmm.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mclarry(m): 7:18pm On Jul 28, 2015
I disagree with you. The effort of your response is enough to answer the query or inquiry. I have observed same here too. It is selfish to always and quickly refer one to google for answers. If google truly had the answers, then there would be no need for forums. We all are here to help, share and learn from various experiences. We should strive to give direct answers to queries as they come, else we may remain silent and give those who are willing a chance.
bellong:

Bro, this is a childish rant. The fact that something is done somewhere does not mean it will be done in another place. The energy with which you typed this is more than enough to use Google search to resolve your question. Never noticed your initial question though, would have given you a generic response which is below.

Start from reading this site, you get all the info needed there... http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Skil
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mclarry(m): 7:23pm On Jul 28, 2015
Of late I have come to recognize your efforts in gaining knowledge and helping others. You always find a way to give answers(and not referrals) to the best of your ability. If you continue in this spirit, who knows, you may become the Bossgentlemaneric!
erictack203:
Hi,

So you should know, Schools try to frustrate efforts of self Oshc arrangements, ppl should avoid it, even if you will get it cheaper, try to patronise your School, insurance Company gives the University extra 700dollars for bringing a Students' Oshc, if you arrange yourself, they gets only the tuition deposit, remember they are out to make profit in their Business.

Discuss this with your School and have them correct the error, if not you and Pretoria go wear one trouser. Call your School and sort it out with them, they may have to send you a revised CoE.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jul 28, 2015
mclarry:
I disagree with you. The effort of your response is enough to answer the query or inquiry. I have observed same here too. It is selfish to always and quickly refer one to google for answers. If google truly had the answers, then there would be no need for forums. We all are here to help, share and learn from various experiences. We should strive to give direct answers to queries as they come, else we may remain silent and give those who are willing a chance.
Everything u need is on this thread and online. If u don't want to dig them out as nobody wants to do it for u...u either get an agent or forget it. U can't force pple to help u. Can u?

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by cybug: 8:16pm On Jul 28, 2015
olufunke:

Let me note that this is not a new profile, just relaying a message check my profile for my sign up date.

"Spamming is sending unsolicited messages to a large number of people. I did not spam. I put up a post just like every other Nairalander does. Yes I put up the post in 2 different sections, but that's because I did not know which exact category it fell under.

Someone maliciously and fraudulently took over a group on facebook. Anyone who is a member of So You Think You Can Cook should know the gist. A certain Franklin Awodiya decided to remove other admins and make him self the sole admin in a group he did not create, all because the other members refused to turn the group into a money-raising venture. It was a Facebook coup. The other admin decided to spread the word. All I did was post the screenshots and messages that were being passed around the net, on NL Food and Celebrity section. It is not far-fetched to say the person who banned me is a friend of Franklin Awodiya. There are a lot of UK people here, and the Franklin person is a UK person. And to say that was the first and only time I ever visited the Food and Celebrity section."

End msg

Just continue with this handle till they unban the other one jare
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mclarry(m): 8:19pm On Jul 28, 2015
I was not quoting you, neither was I the one in need of info at the time. Anyways, you sound guilty. "u either get an agent or forget it." one of ur usual rude lines. No one here knows everything. We are here to share!
ferdimako:

Everything u need is on this thread and online. If u don't want to dig them out as nobody wants to do it for u...u either get an agent or forget it. U can't force pple to help u. Can u?

5 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 28, 2015
mclarry:
I was not quoting you, neither was I the one in need of info at the time. Anyways, you sound guilty. "u either get an agent or forget it." one of ur usual rude lines. No one here knows everything. We are here to share!
Did Bellong ask u to quote him? Read the damn thread...anything else u get is a bonus. I'm saying this to everyone... u can't force pple to do ur work...ur job is to read and ask specific questions for better understanding. You hail only those who spoon-feed others.... those u are asking read all u want them to tell u.

Sounding guilty...do I owe anyone here?...u too can read and help others...I'm yet to see ur help.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mozo: 8:53pm On Jul 28, 2015
ferdimako:

Did Bellong ask u to quote him? Read the damn thread...anything else u get is a bonus. I'm saying this to everyone... u can't force pple to do ur work...ur job is to read and ask specific questions for better understanding. You hail only those who spoon-feed others.... those u are asking read all u want them to tell u.

Sounding guilty...do I owe anyone here?...u too can read and help others...I'm yet to see ur help.

What I did when I was newbie seeking answers.. I would simply trace the thread to the beginning of either this year or last year (page 232 of part one till the last page).. Scheming through comments till I came across relevant info that applied to my situation..

Seriously tho, there are certain questions we wouldn't expect people to ask.

That said, we should just put it effort and make at least basic research, then ask for clarification where necessary.. Although tempers are high everyone should take a chill pill grin
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by scrollmeout(m): 9:00pm On Jul 28, 2015
Mehn! Bosslady is only gone two days and everything is going awry! Well, for anyone looking or answers on a forum such as this, one needs to realize that no one is obliged to answer your questions. This is just a past time for some people, and a bit more for others...asides the fact that there is family and work to attend to. You just need to be polite and courteous. At least make an effort by making some basic research, it'd be easier to answer when it's obvious you made an effort.
Having said that, won't it just be better to allow someone else reply a question if you feel the op is 'too lazy'? If you must, let's try to be polite. Even if your view is correct, condescending will invalidate the effort.

3 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by atrapon(m): 9:05pm On Jul 28, 2015
erictack203:
Hi,

boss erictak203 u are too much.thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 9:09pm On Jul 28, 2015
Thanks a lot boss. Life is about giving and taking. You ask and you learn, you know and you help.

Blessed is the hand that giveth and the one that taketh. smiley

mclarry:
Of late I have come to recognize your efforts in gaining knowledge and helping others. You always find a way to give answers(and not referrals) to the best of your ability. If you continue in this spirit, who knows, you may become the Bossgentlemaneric!
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 9:13pm On Jul 28, 2015
All thanks to God, you guys should pray for me, my application is in Pretoria.

atrapon:
boss erictak203 u are too much.thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by scrollmeout(m): 10:09pm On Jul 28, 2015
erictack203:

Good job bro! All the best!
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jul 28, 2015
mozo:

What I did when I was newbie seeking answers.. I would simply trace the thread to the beginning of either this year or last year (page 232 of part one till the last page).. Scheming through comments till I came across relevant info that applied to my situation..

Seriously tho, there are certain questions we wouldn't expect people to ask.

That said, we should just put it effort and make at least basic research, then ask for clarification where necessary.. Although tempers are high everyone should take a chill pill grin

My temper is not up...this is not a job. I can go when I want ...
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jul 28, 2015
scrollmeout:
Mehn! Bosslady is only gone two days and everything is going awry! Well, for anyone looking or answers on a forum such as this, one needs to realize that no one is obliged to answer your questions. This is just a past time for some people, and a bit more for others...asides the fact that there is family and work to attend to. You just need to be polite and courteous. At least make an effort by making some basic research, it'd be easier to answer when it's obvious you made an effort.
Having said that, won't it just be better to allow someone else reply a question if you feel the op is 'too lazy'? If you must, let's try to be polite. Even if your view is correct, condescending will invalidate the effort.
We kept mute and the guy came up with emotional rants and Canadian thread comparisons. He stated how hard it would be for him to read up the pages...old boy..that is his job..his advancement. You want others to read for u and give a summary and/or link...how can u pass ielts reading section? Are beggars choosers now?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by akinnawou(m): 10:32pm On Jul 28, 2015
@scrollmeout:i need to forward my CV to you to help me go thru it,jst so if u v an idea if i shld modify or maintain the status quo,,,i want to upload it on EA for my online application..ur timely response wld be appreciated..could u drop ur mail addy?
scrollmeout:
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 10:52pm On Jul 28, 2015
mclarry:

I didn't write for you to agree or disagree. Selfish to refer people to where they can get comprehensive answer? What a joke.

If you ask a question and nobody answers it, its either people didn't notice it or are tired of answering repeated questions. Not answering a question gives nobody any right to throw tantrums.

You can only help those who have direction and are ready to put in personal effort to get info. Not those who are looking to be spoonfed. Some questions shouldn't be asked to start with.

If he wants his questions answered, he needed not come here to throw tantrum.

When next you need to disagree with an opinion, consider the two sides of the equation.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mrsdee: 10:56pm On Jul 28, 2015
scrollmeout:

Thank you for this statement. Honestly, I find it very annoying when people are so rude just because one asked a question. If one thinks the question does not deserve an answer, simply ignore it. I dont think it is right for anyone to be condescending on other people simply because they feel they are more knowledgable about a certain topic. On the other hand, all the newbies should challenge themselves and read up about australian visa . Everything is available on the internet, all it needs is just a little effort. Get the basic information and then ask specific questions.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by atrapon(m): 11:06pm On Jul 28, 2015
erictack203:

go 2 sleep.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 1:03am On Jul 29, 2015
Thanks bro. Amen to your prayers

atrapon:
go 2 sleep.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 1:07am On Jul 29, 2015
Thanks a lot boss. Amen.

scrollmeout:

Good job bro! All the best!
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stephen111(m): 3:42am On Jul 29, 2015
HALLELUJAH! HALLELUJAH!! HALLELUJAH!!!
i received my grant yesterday thanks to God. just checking now. thanks to everyone in the house for all your help and always ready to answer. i am forever indebted to this forum.
My question is that i am having till Friday(31st) as deadline on my extension. if i book flight today(wed) can i still use the extension at the port of entry. i dont want to be shown red card at Port of Entry.
thanks y'all grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stephen111(m): 3:45am On Jul 29, 2015
emmiezye:

Mine was uploaded on 23rd to Sydney too but my school gave me till 10th of August to resume.. Just be patient tho! I believe u will hear from them this week.
Thanks a lot sis. thanks for the faith you gave me. i am so happy. may you receive yours IJN. amen
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 4:33am On Jul 29, 2015
jbadmus:

Well, may be I should have referred you to my previous posts. All you required had been stated previously. I would still advise you to read those posts. Reading them is still better than paying an agent to do it for you.

Here is the summary of what you need to do:

1 Check the SOL/CSOL:
•2 Calculate Points. You need either 50,55,60points minimum depending on your visa type.
3. Select the Visa Types:
4. Proof of English Language ability:
•5 Skills Assessment:
•6 Gather the documents
•7 Submit an Expression of Interest:
8.Wait for the invitation
•9 Lodge your Application:
•11 After Lodging:
12. Upload necessary documents such, reference letter,payslips,PCC,Tax certificates, etc
13. Arrange medicals
•14 The Waiting:
•15 The Decision:

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.