Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:17 AM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (232) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1043954 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Teexy: 9:40pm On Feb 12, 2016
Stanleych007:
Seems everyone here already got their grants or they've left the room..Pls for dose who have gotten theirs, ur encouragements are needed to keep the faith burning..May God give us a grantfull week..#bless

Bro, is ur visa grant ready now? when r u resuming
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Stanleych007: 10:01pm On Feb 12, 2016
No bro still anxiously waiting in faith, resumption is on 7th of march, submitted last month
Teexy:

Bro, is ur visa grant ready now? when r u resuming
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jorgan(m): 10:16pm On Feb 12, 2016
I missed out on my resumption (Jan 25th) because of Form A and forex wahala, I almost broke down, trust me it was a terrible period,but from that moment God started moving on my behalf.

I moved my school fees deposit to my pop's first bank account and his account officer took over the telegraphic transfer. He explained that CBN was running out of dollars and that they prioritized payment of school fees based on bidding and a submission window of just once a week for a duration of two hours.

To cut the long story short my school fees was sent to the school on the 25th of January and the school had no choice than to give me another offer which required that I pay more in other to get my CoE. But the offer letter didn't come on time so I didn't know the exact amount to pay in addition. I was led by the spirit to initiate another transaction and I filled another form A conveying the sum of 5,000 AUD in anticipation. Fortunately for me, I won yet again another bid and the 5,000 got to the school on Monday. At the end of the day when the new offer letter came, the school indicated that I was meant to pay just 1,500aud.

I got my CoE on Wednesday. I m grateful to God for divine direction.

I would have been in another mess now that CBN has added medical and school fees to prohibited forex list.

5 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Cottyekundayo(m): 10:22pm On Feb 12, 2016
STAugustineOf13:

Bro,they didn't came to conclusion on that.
I listened to political platform this morning, and it was clarified.
But for how long will it stand?.
The only person standing in BTW them and the devalue is BUHARI.
There was no conclusion? kindly explain what was clarified to some of us who didn't have the privilege to listen to political platform. also, considering that no official statement from the cbn, I think it's not true.waiting to hear from you though

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 12:13am On Feb 13, 2016
Goodmorning my people! Please I would like to know if someone for example your friend or relation in australia can help you pay for an assessment fees over there because I am finding it difficult to get the payment done..... Thank u...
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 12:15am On Feb 13, 2016
t
Cottyekundayo:

There was no conclusion? kindly explain what was clarified to some of us who didn't have the privilege to listen to political platform. also, considering that no official statement from the cbn, I think it's not true.waiting to hear from you though
they arrived @ a conclusion! Is all over the news...

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 12:22am On Feb 13, 2016
STAugustineOf13:

Bro,they didn't come to conclusion on that.
I listened to political platform this morning, and it was clarified.
But for how long will it stand?.
The only person standing in BTW them and the devalue is BUHARI.
Godwin Emefiele, CBN governor

According to Boason Omofaye, the head of business news at Channels television, who made this assertion this morning, overseas school fees and medical tourism have been placed on CBN’s foreign exchange prohibitive list.

By this directive, Nigerians who may need to go outside the country for education purpose or health care will have to get the foreign currency from the parallel market to carry out their engagements.

This reason for this new development could not be ascertained but it may not be unconnected to the weakening state of the Nigerian currency against the dollar on the parallel market.

Only yesterday, experts from all walks of life assembled at a business colloquium to debate if it is imperative to devaluate the naira.

The colloquium, facilitated by The Cable, an online newspaper, took place at the civic centre, Lagos.

Titled “Naira On Trial: To devaluate or Not?” had business tycoons, professionals, analysts, among others in attendance.

The keynote speakers took turns to share their insights on the topic focusing on the merits and demerits of devaluating Naira.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Franzeez(m): 12:54am On Feb 13, 2016
Hi all

Pls what should I do DIBP e-mailed me on 25th January saying my transcript is not included in my application, I immediately e-mailed it to them on 26th, they gave me 28 days of which I submitted on the next day, ever since then no response at all, I am cut of the opinion that I should mail them, another part of me says I should wait till 22nd Feb which is 28 days window, guys pls advice me, what will happen to my visa? Has anyone experienced this sort of stuff? Will it be after the 28 days b4 they take my case or what?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nrdgeek: 4:35am On Feb 13, 2016
Franzeez:
Hi all

Pls what should I do DIBP e-mailed me on 25th January saying my transcript is not included in my application, I immediately e-mailed it to them on 26th, they gave me 28 days of which I submitted on the next day, ever since then no response at all, I am cut of the opinion that I should mail them, another part of me says I should wait till 22nd Feb which is 28 days window, guys pls advice me, what will happen to my visa? Has anyone experienced this sort of stuff? Will it be after the 28 days b4 they take my case or what?

It is better to upload any further particulars through your immiaccount. Do you have an immiaccount? or did you apply through paper application?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nrdgeek: 4:43am On Feb 13, 2016
Nony1:
Greetings to you all, i want to apply for an M.sc admission into biochemistry and molecular biology in an australian university.
I am a first class graduate of Biochemistry uniben nigerian.

Are there scholarship opportunities for me in australia and what are the admission reauirements ?

Thanks in anticipation.

Please peruse this page: http://www.studyandscholarships.com/search/label/australia

Kind Regards

nrd_geek
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by MASMEK2016: 4:50am On Feb 13, 2016
How do i book my ticket through IOM am travelling next weekend

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Teexy: 6:05am On Feb 13, 2016
Stanleych007:
No bro still anxiously waiting in faith, resumption is on 7th of march, submitted last month

Oops....Same here bro, my orientation starts on the 22nd. If u r resuming on the 7th of march, I guess ur orientation will be on the 22nd. Next week will be favorable, I believe. Did u mail them?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by scholly(f): 6:43am On Feb 13, 2016
Franzeez:
Hi all

I advice you to call Pretoria customer care and explain your situation to them.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by adim02: 6:47am On Feb 13, 2016
jorgan:
I missed out on my resumption (Jan 25th) because of Form A and forex wahala, I almost broke down, trust me it was a terrible period,but from that moment God started moving on my behalf.
I moved my school fees deposit to my pop's first bank account and his account officer took over the telegraphic transfer. He explained that CBN was running out of dollars and that they prioritized payment of school fees based on bidding and a submission window of just once a week for a duration of two hours.
To cut the long story short my school fees was sent to the school on the 25th of January and the school had no choice than to give me another offer which required that I pay more in other to get my CoE. But the offer letter didn't come on time so I didn't know the exact amount to pay in addition. I was led by the spirit to initiate another transaction and I filled another form A conveying the sum of 5,000 AUD in anticipation. Fortunately for me, I won yet again another bid and the 5,000 got to the school on Monday. At the end of the day when the new offer letter came, the school indicated that I was meant to pay just 1,500aud.
I would have been in another mess now that CBN has added medical and school fees to prohibited forex list.
jorgan:

@jorgan how are you doing today.I use form A last week Friday and on wenesday my money was deducted from my account fortunately,the lady never called me just yesterday i went to the bank to see her which say by monday i will hear from her.do you know that just around 5.55pm i receive alart from CBN crediting my money back just tired.what do you think might be the problem.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 7:16am On Feb 13, 2016
please is western union different from western union business solutions

And also is western union available i mean send money from nigeria to Australia

Pple who payed for school fees starting from January what d u use to make the transaction talking about the platform u used
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Cottyekundayo(m): 7:25am On Feb 13, 2016
adim02:

@jorgan how are you doing today.I use form A last week Friday and on wenesday my money was deducted from my account fortunately,the lady never called me just yesterday i went to the bank to see her which say by monday i will hear from her.do you know that just around 5.55pm i receive alart from CBN crediting my money back just tired.what do you think might be the problem.
it may be as a result of the recent news about dollar ban. you should see the woman on Monday. please keep us posted as regards the dollar issue
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 7:32am On Feb 13, 2016
Do Nigerians now apply online for Australian Visa? Please enlighten us incase we don't know. It's paper application I know of which is solely submitted through Teleperformance in Lagos or Abuja.

nrdgeek:

It is better to upload any further particulars through your immiaccount. Do you have an immiaccount? or did you apply through paper application?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 7:35am On Feb 13, 2016
Sorry to hear this bro, which Bank is that?

adim02:

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 7:55am On Feb 13, 2016
Stanleych007 how you pay for your school fees to get Coe
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jorgan(m): 8:35am On Feb 13, 2016
adim02:

Something similar happened to me, on Wednesday
My account was debited , in the debit alert, it showed that the money was taken out for "CBN BID" then on Friday last week another alert came in, CBN returned the money to my account and then immediately I was debited Again, and this time the debit alert indicated that I was debited by FORM A not CBN bid.

you should go to the bank on Monday, and find out if you won the bid or not! And secondly don't be tired, if you didn't win the bid contact your agent immediately.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mrAya: 8:43am On Feb 13, 2016
Gurus, anyone going to Tasmania (Launceston to be specific)? are there part time jobs to support living expenses during studies.
I hear the place is very remote. Any advice?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nrdgeek: 9:01am On Feb 13, 2016
erictack203:
Do Nigerians now apply online for Australian Visa? Please enlighten us incase we don't know. It's paper application I know of which is solely submitted through Teleperformance in Lagos or Abuja.

Sorry, I guess I got carried away since I just completed my visa renewal from within Australia. Yes, you're quite right, its paper applications through Teleperformance. Then again, I think you should have an immiaccount because I had one opened for me by my agent, then.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by EBUUNN: 9:11am On Feb 13, 2016
Please is there anyone going to Darwin that has received their visa
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by STAugustineOf13(m): 9:40am On Feb 13, 2016
Franzeez:
Hi all

Recheck your sent Mails.
Most times , the attachment might not send.
So.. re-check. If it went through , don't worry yourself.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by STAugustineOf13(m): 9:44am On Feb 13, 2016
Okosay:
Godwin Emefiele, CBN governor

According to Boason Omofaye, the head of business news at Channels television, who made this assertion this morning, overseas school fees and medical tourism have been placed on CBN’s foreign exchange prohibitive list.

By this directive, Nigerians who may need to go outside the country for education purpose or health care will have to get the foreign currency from the parallel market to carry out their engagements.

This reason for this new development could not be ascertained but it may not be unconnected to the weakening state of the Nigerian currency against the dollar on the parallel market.

Only yesterday, experts from all walks of life assembled at a business colloquium to debate if it is imperative to devaluate the naira.

The colloquium, facilitated by The Cable, an online newspaper, took place at the civic centre, Lagos.

Titled “Naira On Trial: To devaluate or Not?” had business tycoons, professionals, analysts, among others in attendance.

The keynote speakers took turns to share their insights on the topic focusing on the merits and demerits of devaluating Naira.

Cottyekundayo:

Let's just wait, by Monday 10:45am whatever that is said there is final .
And I will gladly update it here.
I'm a stake holder in this situation also, never paid my fees.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kennethagada(m): 10:15am On Feb 13, 2016
Guys be aware, if u are paying for flight ticket online, u are been charge at black market rate oooooo not official bank rate (for those charged in dollars). yesterday i form mugu think say i wise. i booked with Orbitz online and the fair was $927. calculating using 199 naira to a dollar officially it will amount to 183000 naira but instead i saw a debit of 307000 naira, dat is, i was charged at 331 naira to a dollar. I won maddddddd. when i called first bank the said the have noting to do with transaction using card dat it is strictly between me and the airline company so dat was y i was charged at Aboki rate.

Don't act in ignorance like me abeg. thou IOM was frustrating me and my blood been the hot for the ticket, so since thursday i have been in touch with IOM and the have been unable to secure a booking for me.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Franzeez(m): 11:02am On Feb 13, 2016
STAugustineOf13:

Recheck your sent Mails.
Most times , the attachment might not send.
So.. re-check. If it went through , don't worry yourself.

My brother the attachment sent ooo. Orientation 22nd classes Mar 7. Na wa o
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by adim02: 11:04am On Feb 13, 2016
jorgan:

Something similar happened to me, on Wednesday
My account was debited , in the debit alert, it showed that the money was taken out for "CBN BID" then on Friday last week another alert came in, CBN returned the money to my account and then immediately I was debited Again, and this time the debit alert indicated that I was debited by FORM A not CBN bid.
you should go to the bank on Monday, and find out if you won the bid or not! And secondly don't be tired, if you didn't win the bid contact your agent immediately.

Thanks i be there on monday morning.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Adetoi01(m): 11:04am On Feb 13, 2016
You should have used IOM from the beginning. They use official rate and the rate is reviewed monthly. So far as you use your card for any forex transaction, you'll be charged at the bank rate for dollar. Even IOM will tell you to pay the naira equivalent, not in dollars.
kennethagada:
Guys be aware, if u are paying for flight ticket online, u are been charge at black market rate oooooo not official bank rate (for those charged in dollars). yesterday i form mugu think say i wise. i booked with Orbitz online and the fair was $927. calculating using 199 naira to a dollar officially it will amount to 183000 naira but instead i saw a debit of 307000 naira, dat is, i was charged at 331 naira to a dollar. I won maddddddd. when i called first bank the said the have noting to do with transaction using card dat it is strictly between me and the airline company so dat was y i was charged at Aboki rate.

Don't act in ignorance like me abeg. thou IOM was frustrating me and my blood been the hot for the ticket, so since thursday i have been in touch with IOM and the have been unable to secure a booking for me.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Loveoneanother(m): 11:47am On Feb 13, 2016
Hello my good friends in the house, please I'm a register nurse trying to apply for Bsc nursing but I hear bossladyMo.... saying that if you have enough qualification that is better to go for PR. Please my question is. (1) How do I followed the PR process for someone that study nursing and midwifery with over 4year working experience and my age with 31, secondly I over hear someone saying that from july 2015 that Australia Nursing council will start accepting IELTS with 6.5 in all with overall band of 7, please how true is the information and is it also true that they will start accepting double IELTS result (eg) if you have 6.0 in writing but 7 Listening, speaking and reading and you write another IELTS and made 6.5 in that Writing you made 6.0 before that you can marge the two result if is with 6month)Finally can someone explain to me the best way to pay your fees because I try to use one agent to pay school fee and the person was calculate the AUD for me for 200naira for each 1 Australia dollar while the exchange rate online is within 140/141 please I need your advise.I want to do Bsc nursing for 2year but after listening to bossladyMo.... I find out that spending that huge amount is not the best but to apply for PR . He advise that if you are eligible which I know that I am that is better you go for PR. And I like the advise even though I don't know how to apply for it but I find out that even your agent will not give you such advise b/cos of the money that school's are paying them for each student that come through them. I need answer on this question. One Love keep us together
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 1:53pm On Feb 13, 2016
Thanks enyinna4 and Hazeleye.

I arrived Brisbane this morning in one piece. Thank God.

Good luck to all visa hopefuls and safe trip/flight to all travel hopefuls.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.