Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:32 PM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1043929 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 6:34am On May 28, 2015
NNBB2012:

Sure, safety is key here. Most jobs require safety inductions. They don't want people to endanger themselves and others as well.

Even road safety is not taken lightly. Every year, you have to do pink slip-safety check for any vehicle more than 5years before the registration can be renewed. Even Van has to be thoroughly assessed and deemed fit before the registration could be renewed. Hardly will you see an accident as a result of burst tyres. Tyres have to meet certain specifications before they can be used. Even vehicles cannot over speed as such because there are cameras everywhere monitoring people. And where there are no safety cameras, police may not be far from such. By the time you pay heavy fine for over speeding once, nobody will tell you to drive carefully next time. You cannot excape because your address is tied to your registration. Sincerely, I wish our policy makers back in Nigeria could adopt the system. It is working.

We will bring in that system.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Mikey(m): 6:45am On May 28, 2015
Mikey:
House please clear me on this, I don't really understand it when u guys say that SVP doesn't need bank statement yet you have to show 18,610 AUD. My dad is my sponsor, will he just sell some shares and deposit the money to my account? Or will it be in his account? Finally is their any other money I need to show the embassy? Thanks for your anticipated response and Jah bless us all..
Please can someone explain all this to me as I'm about lodging for 573 SVP visa and also what does declare you have access to sufficient funds to cover yourself mean? Is it a written statement or what please? I need answers please, time is counting down..
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mrnilobrawn: 7:00am On May 28, 2015
NNBB2012:

Yes, I live in Sydney.
Hello bro,

Abeg i need help on accomodation in Granville area or close suburb... Been searching gumtree and the rest no reply from those folks.

Will b touching down sydney 2O june.
Plz any tips/help will go along way
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mrnilobrawn: 7:03am On May 28, 2015
Mikey:

Please can someone explain all this to me as I'm about lodging for 573 SVP visa and also what does declare you have access to sufficient funds to cover yourself mean? Is it a written statement or what please? I need answers please, time is counting down..
U aint writen anything. Download the form 157A start filling it or scan through the financial sections declarations. U will understand wen u get there
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mrnilobrawn: 7:20am On May 28, 2015
[size=14pt]IMPORTANT INFORMATE[/size]

[b]To ALL those applying or waiting on there studebt visa decissions espcially 572 (SVP & NON SVP) when u already hold a degree, you should be prepared to recieve phone calls from From CO at anytime. Questions asked usually include
>Your financial capability to meet up with your studies in OZ
>your genuine temporary entrant (you should master your statement of purpose very well) as any contradiction might raise doughts. Hav a draft in ur pocket at all times.
> your must know about your intend program of study, what u plan to do after studies, if u wil return to Nigeria after studies and what do u intend to do in Nigeria.
>your program syllable and the skills that u intend to get from them.

DONT JUST APPLY TO A COURSE because ITS UNDER SVP, u must have passion for the said course and must align with ur carrer plan.

A frnd was call yesterday evening...lucky for her she has her draft copy in her bag to prove her self worthy.

If your application is long overdue, dont just send email call them on phone. They ar always happy to respond to ur querries...

I continue to wish everyone success[/b]

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bossladymo1: 7:40am On May 28, 2015
NNBB2012:

Yes, I live in Sydney.

Are you a pastor?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 7:43am On May 28, 2015
Look for a short course in Health, First Aid and Safety and try to get the Certificates, also look for any NGO in health related to write a recommendation for you that you help participated in a health related programs from so so so time to so so so time. Use ur brain it's just an idea.

shapoh:
Thanks bro, but would dis work out or sound well, B.Sc in computer science and i want to go for diploma in nursing, hope dere wont be an immigration issue, as in d courses are far apart, do i need to ave a cv with nursing experience like someone said ur cv must have jobs related to the course.

thanks

how are you?

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 8:06am On May 28, 2015
mrnilobrawn:

Hello bro,

Abeg i need help on accomodation in Granville area or close suburb... Been searching gumtree and the rest no reply from those folks.

Is there any reason why you want to stay in Granville or close suburbs? Check flatmates.com.au and possibly check airbnb as well. You should be able to get easily.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 8:10am On May 28, 2015
bossladymo1:

Are you a pastor?

Do I sound like one? Yes, I'm an Engineer by profession and also Pastor by calling.

5 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:20am On May 28, 2015
mrnilobrawn:

Hello bro,

Me self is arriving on the 1st of july; going without family; abeg coopt me in2 ur accomodation plans. Curtin sydney
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mrnilobrawn: 8:20am On May 28, 2015
NNBB2012:

Is there any reason why you want to stay in Granville or close suburbs? Check flatmates.com.au and possibly check airbnb as well. You should be able to get easily.
No reason oo except thats where my school is, was thinking it will b better staying close to school. I appreviate Any advice. Hav also checked flatmates...will try airbnb
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bossladymo1: 8:24am On May 28, 2015
NNBB2012:

Do I sound like one? Yes, I'm an Engineer by profession and also Pastor by calling.

I think I know you. Well, not exactly know per se, but I know someone you know, and you know someone I know. lol
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mrnilobrawn: 8:36am On May 28, 2015
mobuch:

Me self is arriving on the 1st of july; going without family; abeg coopt me in2 ur accomodation plans. Curtin sydney
Alright boss

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:38am On May 28, 2015
Please who can list d suburbs close to central station n chippendale in sydney for accomodatn purposes? Am not d city type

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by missakomaye(f): 8:45am On May 28, 2015
NNBB2012:

I know how you feel. You must be very confused now. Well, I will just tell you little that I know. You could check with your family and friends in Canada on general situations there. I can only talk a bit about Australia.

Australia Benefits:

- Right to live and work permanently in Australia
- Right to live and work unrestricted in New Zealand. New Zealand PR holders cannot do so.
- Right to become citizen after four years as a resident.
- Right to free Medicare in Government hospital.
- Child care benefit for kids-Means tested anyway .
- Child care rebates for all irrespective of your income
- Right to family tax benefit A & B subject to income.
- Children born inside Australia will be Australian citizens
- Having Australia passport enables you to enter more than 168 countries of the world including Canada, USA,UK on visa free or visa on arrival etc. Some of the countries you could work and live for a period of time such as US, Canada, UK etc.
- Right to free education in from primary to secondary school in a public school as a PR holder.
- As aa citizen, Government pay your school fees-as loan in the University and you can start paying back when you start to earn up to 53,000AUD per annum.
- Right to sponsor your family members for Permanent residence, subject to fulfilling some criteria.
- Right to youth employment benefit.
- Right to social security benefit.
- You can easily own houses through mortgage so long you are earning income. You only need 5% deposit as a first home buyer in some state.
- Right to become anything you want to be. You will be supported by government.
- Great weather. Although there could be flood and storms in some places. Also wildfire is a threat particularly in some regional areas.

In terms of countries GDP, Australia is no 12.
Australia Current unemployment rate is 6.2%

Cost of Living compared
Indices Difference
Consumer Prices in Canada are 18.36% lower than in Australia
Consumer Prices Including Rent in Canada are 22.68% lower than in Australia
Rent Prices in Canada are 32.17% lower than in Australia
Restaurant Prices in Canada are 16.47% lower than in Australia
Groceries Prices in Canada are 9.50% lower than in Australia
Local Purchasing Power in Canada is 4.87% lower than in Australia

Melbourne has been the most liveable city in the world for some years in a row now. And the 18th most expensive city to live. Brisbane is 13th most expensive city and Sydney 11th city. No Canadian city in the first 20 most expensive cities to live.

Australia generally is one of the most expensive country to live in the world. This depends largely on where you live. For example, Sydney cost of living is huge. What kills here majorly is the cost of rents. And even at that, it depends on where you live in Sydney.
Minimum wage in Australia currently is AUD 16.87/hr
Minimum wage in Canada currently is CAD 11/hr

Employment Situation

Regarding employment for prospective overseas Engineers, I would say it depends on your skills and your experience. Some people were employed directly from Nigeria to work here even without PR. I know of a Mechanical Engineer that got job 7 days after he arrived and some 1-month or two etc. However, do spend several months before they get their dream jobs. Anyway, things have changed a bit because market is a bit flooded particularly for Telecom Engineers. Although there is this ‘local experience palaver’ which most Australian employers value so much. It was when I got in that I discovered why they value it so much. Different work ethics is one of the reasons. If you have worked in places like the UK,US etc. You won’t find it difficult as such when looking for jobs. In Nigeria, we are jack of all trades so to say, but here there is clear delineation of duties. In some cases, you are expected to focus on your area only. Back in Nigeria, I was doing planning, project engineering, support etc. but when I got here, I focus only on designing, less stressful so to say. Having said that, there are skills and experience in Telecom engineering that are not in demand such RF,CORE and BSS. It will be easier for someone with transmission (Not Microwave) experience coupled with IT to get something than a RF Engineer or Core Engineer.

I know few Nigerians working in Oil and gas, IT, Construction industry and also Telecomms. Generally, the strategy is to have Australia standard CV, relevant certifications and not minding starting afresh or do an internship and possibly volunteering jobs. Taking up a volunteering job will fetch you Australian experience.

If you educate me more on your skills and experience, I will be able to advise you. Meanwhile, you could check the two major job websites: www.seek.com.au and www.indeed.com.au

Perfect breakdown. In my opinion he should opt for Oz. If after 4 years you don't think u like it you can move to any country u want wit ur Oz passport.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 8:51am On May 28, 2015
thx for this info...this means that once i get a positive assessment with less than 3yrs exp i can push for my eoi soon after instead of waiting to get 3yrs exp. this is good news at least to avoid all the time that will go by n i'm still stuck in this country. lol @bossmanmo
Ifexsco:

Guess I should make a little correction, if you can raise 60 points without points for work exp, then you can apply for eoi with exp less than 3yrs.....but to get 5points for exp, you must have at least 3yrs exp after your last qualification.
Yes, Career episodes are jobs u have handled or participated in in your nominated area.

See me o...I don dey advice others here o.....lol, soon I go become bossmanMo grin
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by missakomaye(f): 8:53am On May 28, 2015
mrnilobrawn:

[b]To ALL those applying or waiting on there studebt visa decissions espcially 572 (SVP & NON SVP) when u already hold a degree, you should be prepared to recieve phone calls from From CO at anytime. Questions asked usually include
>your genuine temporary entrant (you should master your statement of purpose very well) as any contradiction might raise doughts. Hav a draft in ur pocket at all times.
> your must know about your intend program of study, what u plan to do after studies, if u wil return to Nigeria after studies and what do u intend to do in Nigeria.

DONT JUST APPLY TO A COURSE because ITS UNDER SVP, u must have passion for the said course and must align with ur carrer plan.

A frnd was call yesterday evening...lucky for her she has her draft copy in her bag to prove her self worthy.

If your application is long overdue, dont just send email call them on phone. They ar always happy to respond to ur querries...

God bless your heart. This is very good and helpful advice.

3 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 8:58am On May 28, 2015
mrnilobrawn:

No reason oo except thats where my school is, was thinking it will b better staying close to school. I appreviate Any advice. Hav also checked flatmates...will try airbnb

Granville is not bad. You could actually live anywhere. I'll advise you should reduce money on accommodation greatly. I believe classes are not everyday. Which University and location?

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:02am On May 28, 2015
Am sorry, I am a little bit new to this, how do one check emails on Nairaland?

bossladymo1:

I tried replying your email to me, it kept bouncing back.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 9:03am On May 28, 2015
mobuch:

Please who can list d suburbs close to central station n chippendale in sydney for accomodatn purposes? Am not d city type

There are many suburbs around. You can use google map. Then check their prices one after the other on gumtree, flatmates etc.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:08am On May 28, 2015
The yellow Card is different.

The pollio is N2,500, you will get it from A. A. Fatai Clinic whilst doing your Medicals.

School Certificate is where your qualification starts, remember to try to kip yourself occupied till date on your CV, the DIBP don't like someone to be redundant for dometime.

ernestudezi:
Thank you very much. Does the yellow card contain evidence of having taken the Polio Vaccination? or is there a separate document for that? Also, how far back do I go with the academic qualifications? Do I start from WAEC or do I include the First School Leaving Certificate?

1. Visa Application Fee NGN80,700 and 6,800 for Teleperformance fee.

2. All copies of Educational Qualifications, International Passport datapage copy, Birth Certificate from National Population Commission, if married, Certificate of marriage, all these documents are paramount and must be Certified.

3 Don't forget to write an SOP.

4. Don't forget your yellow card copy.

5. Don't forget to frontload your Medicals.

6. Pollion Vacination.

Good Luck!

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 9:09am On May 28, 2015
bossladymo1:

I think I know you. Well, not exactly know per se, but I know someone you know, and you know someone I know. lol

All right, I think I remember now. We once discussed about it and she mentioned your contribution on nairaland. I told her how you have been doing tremendous work here. It's a small world. I also know two other contributors here personally. They are my friends.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 9:10am On May 28, 2015
this is a really detailed description of aussie. thx for this
NNBB2012:

I know how you feel. You must be very confused now. Well, I will just tell you little that I know. You could check with your family and friends in Canada on general situations there. I can only talk a bit about Australia.

Australia Benefits:

- Right to live and work permanently in Australia
- Right to live and work unrestricted in New Zealand. New Zealand PR holders cannot do so.
- Right to become citizen after four years as a resident.
- Right to free Medicare in Government hospital.
- Child care benefit for kids-Means tested anyway .
- Child care rebates for all irrespective of your income
- Right to family tax benefit A & B subject to income.
- Children born inside Australia will be Australian citizens
- Having Australia passport enables you to enter more than 168 countries of the world including Canada, USA,UK on visa free or visa on arrival etc. Some of the countries you could work and live for a period of time such as US, Canada, UK etc.
- Right to free education in from primary to secondary school in a public school as a PR holder.
- As aa citizen, Government pay your school fees-as loan in the University and you can start paying back when you start to earn up to 53,000AUD per annum.
- Right to sponsor your family members for Permanent residence, subject to fulfilling some criteria.
- Right to youth employment benefit.
- Right to social security benefit.
- You can easily own houses through mortgage so long you are earning income. You only need 5% deposit as a first home buyer in some state.
- Right to become anything you want to be. You will be supported by government.
- Great weather. Although there could be flood and storms in some places. Also wildfire is a threat particularly in some regional areas.

In terms of countries GDP, Australia is no 12.
Australia Current unemployment rate is 6.2%

Cost of Living compared
Indices Difference
Consumer Prices in Canada are 18.36% lower than in Australia
Consumer Prices Including Rent in Canada are 22.68% lower than in Australia
Rent Prices in Canada are 32.17% lower than in Australia
Restaurant Prices in Canada are 16.47% lower than in Australia
Groceries Prices in Canada are 9.50% lower than in Australia
Local Purchasing Power in Canada is 4.87% lower than in Australia

Melbourne has been the most liveable city in the world for some years in a row now. And the 18th most expensive city to live. Brisbane is 13th most expensive city and Sydney 11th city. No Canadian city in the first 20 most expensive cities to live.

Australia generally is one of the most expensive country to live in the world. This depends largely on where you live. For example, Sydney cost of living is huge. What kills here majorly is the cost of rents. And even at that, it depends on where you live in Sydney.
Minimum wage in Australia currently is AUD 16.87/hr
Minimum wage in Canada currently is CAD 11/hr

Employment Situation

Regarding employment for prospective overseas Engineers, I would say it depends on your skills and your experience. Some people were employed directly from Nigeria to work here even without PR. I know of a Mechanical Engineer that got job 7 days after he arrived and some 1-month or two etc. However, do spend several months before they get their dream jobs. Anyway, things have changed a bit because market is a bit flooded particularly for Telecom Engineers. Although there is this ‘local experience palaver’ which most Australian employers value so much. It was when I got in that I discovered why they value it so much. Different work ethics is one of the reasons. If you have worked in places like the UK,US etc. You won’t find it difficult as such when looking for jobs. In Nigeria, we are jack of all trades so to say, but here there is clear delineation of duties. In some cases, you are expected to focus on your area only. Back in Nigeria, I was doing planning, project engineering, support etc. but when I got here, I focus only on designing, less stressful so to say. Having said that, there are skills and experience in Telecom engineering that are not in demand such RF,CORE and BSS. It will be easier for someone with transmission (Not Microwave) experience coupled with IT to get something than a RF Engineer or Core Engineer.

I know few Nigerians working in Oil and gas, IT, Construction industry and also Telecomms. Generally, the strategy is to have Australia standard CV, relevant certifications and not minding starting afresh or do an internship and possibly volunteering jobs. Taking up a volunteering job will fetch you Australian experience.

If you educate me more on your skills and experience, I will be able to advise you. Meanwhile, you could check the two major job websites: www.seek.com.au and www.indeed.com.au

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mrnilobrawn: 9:17am On May 28, 2015
NNBB2012:

Granville is not bad. You could actually live anywhere. I'll advise you should reduce money on accommodation greatly. I believe classes are not everyday. Which University and location?
Yeah thats y i opt for granville as I was initially placed in Ultimo CBD.
School and location;
Granville College
South Western Sydney Institute.

136 William Street Granville NSW 2164
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 9:25am On May 28, 2015
mrnilobrawn:

Yeah thats y i opt for granville as I was initially placed in Ultimo CBD.
School and location;
Granville College
South Western Sydney Institute.

136 William Street Granville NSW 2164

That's ok. You can get accommodation in Granville, Merryland, Guildford etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bossladymo1: 9:28am On May 28, 2015
NNBB2012:

All right, I think I remember now. We once discussed about it and she mentioned your contribution on nairaland. I told her how you have been doing tremendous work here. It's a small world. I also know two other contributors here personally. They are my friends.

Small world yea!!! And the internet makes it even smaller. smiley
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:32am On May 28, 2015
NNBB2012:

There are many suburbs around. You can use google map. Then check their prices one after the other on gumtree, flatmates etc.

Tnkx mate
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:33am On May 28, 2015
Hello All,

My School is in Melbourne, CBD, can anyone advice me about Melbourne? Is it easy to get a part-time Job? Is it a good place for a starter like me?

Will I be able to fit into the system alright? What about accommodation, which area should I stay in Melbourne. I am a self sponsored Student and I sabi hustle well well so u guys should advice.

Thanks.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mrnilobrawn: 9:33am On May 28, 2015
NNBB2012:

That's ok. You can get accommodation in Granville, Merryland, Guildford etc.
Ok thanks, but how do i get those ppl to reply mails..... I don write them tire.
In addition to the locations u adviced above, am also looking at

Harris park
Rosehill
Silverwater
Auburn
South Granville.... Hope this locations are closeby...
How about Parramatta how close would it be? It seems its easier geting accomodation when on ground.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:40am On May 28, 2015
erictack2003:
Hello All,

My School is in Melbourne, CBD, can anyone advice me about Melbourne? Is it easy to get a part-time Job? Is it a good place for a starter like me?

Will I be able to fit into the system alright? What about accommodation, which area should I stay in Melbourne. I am a self sponsored Student and I sabi hustle well well so u guys should advice.

Thanks.

get your visa first,
sort out your accomodation

then seek for jobs; as long as any country or region has english language as their official language, there will always be part time and full time jobs; it now depends on if you really are ready to work.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by teeflow09: 9:42am On May 28, 2015
mrnilobrawn:

I called but d answering machine kept chopping my money without transferring me to an agent wot do I do ...I called ds number... 27124236000 I got it from there page

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by teeflow09: 9:53am On May 28, 2015
dexterinc2003:

I dont know much about the undergraduate route,but i will advice she continues with the ielts,although i later found out that not all schools demand for an ielts,only problem is that if you are looking for a school without the ielts requirement,you will narrow your school options greatly.
At 27,im sure she has a first degree and you also,with some job experience,why not try the 189 route?i think it will be a better option(although it takes longer) ,as you can also decide to study or work when you get there.
You forgot to mention what course she wants to study,as some schools have advantages over others in certain courses.

PS:your chances of migration can only be determined by the point test,schools listed under svp dont require bank statements,and finally australian schools are not cheap bro.
Pls can you emphasise wch sch are listed in svp

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.