Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Help My Igbo Girlfriend Family Do Not Want Her To Marry Me - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help My Igbo Girlfriend Family Do Not Want Her To Marry Me (768 Views)

Guys Endeavour To Fvck That Gal U're Datin If U Want Her To Commit Fully / Want Her In Your Bed: Send This 20 Text Messages To Her (see Here) / How Do I Explain Where I Got Her Number, If I Dont Want Her To Know The Truth! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help My Igbo Girlfriend Family Do Not Want Her To Marry Me by ovation232(m): 5:35pm On May 26, 2015
I need advise and ways I can go about it from my Igbo brothers and sisters,i and my Igbo girl are seriously in love with each other since we met,the desire now is for me to marry her,as I have d financial and mental muscle to adequately provide for her,as God blessed me early in life.
The challenge I have now is that the lady's family do not want their daughter to marry outside Nnewi or east.
The family find me as a nice person and matured dude for their daughter,however they do not want her to marry from another tribe,not minding the choice of their daughter who is ever ready to go all the way with me.
My girlfriend in question was posted to Kano recently to serve her NYSC,however she is relocating to my home state of Ondo, so she can learn Yoruba culture the more and she feels southwest is a peaceful zone for her to serve without issues.I have done my homework to finally convince my parents of marrying outside Yoruba tribe and they are now comfortable with her and have accepted her after the intervention of our family pastor.
I need advise from my Igbo brothers on how best I can convince her parents that their daughter is in safe hands and get their blessings.A couple of my friends in back in Lagos are married to Igbo ladies and they are growing from strength to strength.
I speak Igbo language now fairly having lived in various places in East for the past seven years of working as a auditor with one of Nigeria's reputable banks.I admire the Igbos and am an ambassador of the hospitality of Ndigbo.Please help a brother,am so confused right now.
Re: Help My Igbo Girlfriend Family Do Not Want Her To Marry Me by bogolobango(m): 5:58pm On May 26, 2015
Lagoon parents vs yoruba = angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help My Igbo Girlfriend Family Do Not Want Her To Marry Me by naijaboiy: 6:09pm On May 26, 2015
Fast and pray for 50 days undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help My Igbo Girlfriend Family Do Not Want Her To Marry Me by tonychristopher: 8:45pm On May 26, 2015
ovation232:
I need advise and ways I can go about it from my Igbo brothers and sisters,i and my Igbo girl are seriously in love with each other since we met,the desire now is for me to marry her,as I have d financial and mental muscle to adequately provide for her,as God blessed me early in life.
The challenge I have now is that the lady's family do not want their daughter to marry outside Nnewi or east.
The family find me as a nice person and matured dude for their daughter,however they do not want her to marry from another tribe,not minding the choice of their daughter who is ever ready to go all the way with me.
My girlfriend in question was posted to Kano recently to serve her NYSC,however she is relocating to my home state of Ondo, so she can learn Yoruba culture the more and she feels southwest is a peaceful zone for her to serve without issues.I have done my homework to finally convince my parents of marrying outside Yoruba tribe and they are now comfortable with her and have accepted her after the intervention of our family pastor.
I need advise from my Igbo brothers on how best I can convince her parents that their daughter is in safe hands and get their blessings.A couple of my friends in back in Lagos are married to Igbo ladies and they are growing from strength to strength.
I speak Igbo language now fairly having lived in various places in East for the past seven years of working as a auditor with one of Nigeria's reputable banks.I admire the Igbos and am an ambassador of the hospitality of Ndigbo.Please help a brother,am so confused right now.

This is another yoruba lamenting....i am asking this again

Why are yoruba men runing away from their women...

Everyday a yoruba man will lament over inability to marry igbo

Pls i need answers fast.....

Op u can ban me
Re: Help My Igbo Girlfriend Family Do Not Want Her To Marry Me by AnambraDota: 10:00pm On May 26, 2015
Its very difficult for an Igbo girl born and raise in East to marry someone not from East, It may happen but its on rare occasions.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Can This Be True Love? / Which Is Worse? / Help! He Is Blackmailing Me! Must Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.