Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,462 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:02 AM

Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) (26113 Views)

Jubilation As Nnamdi Kanu Is Granted Bail (Photos) / 2019: Presidential Nomination Forms To Cost N10million / APC Manifesto Spending Plan To Cost N53trn Over Four Years - Business Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by micktoxin(m): 7:49pm On May 26, 2015
Mr Adekunle Oyinloye, Managing Director, The Infrastructure Bank Plc, has said that the proposed Lagos Metro Rail Transit (LMRT) project will cost N456 billion (2.4 billion dollars).
Oyinloye said in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja on Wednesday that the project was expected to cost so much because it involved fixed infrastructure – tracks, stations and rolling stocks.

“We still have some paper work to do with Lagos State for concession. Immediately the concession is done and we have a bankable document and get to finance close then the project will start.
“We are hoping and believing that within the next six to eight months we will be able to get to finance close and we will start,’’ he said.

Oyinloye said the bank was a member of the consortium which created the Marina Express Train Services and partnering to construct the rail line known as “Red Line’’ project.
“Infrastructure bank is also the transaction advisor and finance arranger for the project. It bided for the Red Line project which started since 2008.

“When we got the preferred bidder status, the right of way was not available so we had to work with Lagos Metropolitan Area Transport Authority (LAMATA) and Lagos State Ministry of Transport.

“We also had to work behind the scene with the Ministry of Transport to ensure that the right of way was granted,’’ Oyinloye said.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the right of way for the proposed Iddo-Agbado corridor for Lagos Metro Rail Transit, known as “Red Line’’, was handed over to Lagos State in Abuja on Friday.

Oyinloye expressed gratitude to President Good Luck Jonathan for granting the right of way for which the construction could start.

“There will be changes in the landscape of Lagos. There are about 1.8 million passengers daily who currently spend about four hours daily to get to work and another four hours to get back.

“After the completion of the project, the passengers will now need 30 minutes or maximum of 45 minutes to get to their destinations in a cosy train services.

“If you are living in Agbedo or Agege and you work in CMS area or Victoria Island or you do business in Oke-Arin and Balogun Market you do not need more than 45 minutes to get to your destination,’’ he said.

Oyinloye said the proposed project was delayed due to transfer of asset from the federal to state government which required a lot of engagement and involved several ministries and departments.

The Commissioner of Transportation, Lagos State, Mr Kayode Opeifa, said the project would create direct and indirect jobs during and after the construction.

“It will reduce the cost of transportation and save money for citizens; it will improve our mass transit system by moving more people within a shorter period by decongesting the road and managing the traffic accurately.

“There will be low greener gas emission from the cars and people will be able to move their goods to the market with cheaper rate and more efficient way.

“We are going to link the state and improve tourism. The blue line runs east west from Okukumaiko to Marina while the Red Line runs west to south from Ogun State end to Lagos,’’ he said.

Opeifa, however, said that once the concession was concluded, construction would start with the work expected to last three or four years.

http://leadership.ng/business/436265/lagos-metro-rail-transit-to-cost-n456bn-says-md-infrastructure-bank

Lagos state is forging way ahead of every state.

16 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by NewNigeriaMind: 7:52pm On May 26, 2015
God please support the south west governors with knowledge and your fear.

Give them the will to do what is right for Yoruba people.

Bless Yoruba people

Amen

99 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by Nobody: 7:59pm On May 26, 2015
^^^ Abeg Sabi better tin. God Bless Nigeria, we're moving forward, no shaking.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by superstar1(m): 8:01pm On May 26, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

Bless Yoruba people

Amen

Amen oooooo.

Some clowns will now be telling us how they left their land to build another man's land.

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by truefact: 8:22pm On May 26, 2015
.why are yorubas afraid of being their own? Yorubas claim to be progressive and sophisticated, they claim to love each other, yet they coward enough not want to be on their own and have the most wonderful country in Africa..
Yorubas if you are all the goodies you claim to be, I bet you will be the one fighting for secession

Yoruba learn to stand on your own after all you could have been the first Africans to have independence. ..you claim to be first in every thing. ...at least you can be the first to secede and have a progressive country

19 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by Nobody: 8:26pm On May 26, 2015
truefact:
.why are yorubas afraid of being their own? Yorubas claim to be progressive and sophisticated, they claim to love each other, yet they coward enough not want to be on their own and have the most wonderful country in Africa..
Yorubas if you are all the goodies you claim to be, I bet you will be the one fighting for secession

Yoruba learn to stand on your own after all you could have been the first Africans to have independence. ..you claim to be first in every thing. ...at least you can be the first to secede and have a progressive country
reduce the rate at which you show hate for progress.

I guess you are just trying to push the yorubas out cos you can't stand their pace.

80 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by Obijulius: 9:28pm On May 26, 2015
[quote ]The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the right of way for the proposed Iddo-Agbado corridor for Lagos Metro Rail Transit, known as “Red Line’’, was handed over to Lagos State in Abuja on Friday.

Oyinloye expressed gratitude to President Good Luck Jonathan for granting the right of way for which the construction could start.
[/quote]

Goodluck doing all these good things few days to the end of his tenure.

E go better.

Only if he had done all the Niger Delta asked for in six years...we would have given the grandest welcome ever.

Well done sha...you have a good heart.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by Dollyak(f): 9:53pm On May 26, 2015
truefact:

How can we relate it to the topic at hand? There is a growing backlash from Yorubas which can be partly blamed on Igbos recent aggression.
Your message isn't helping.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by CSTR2: 10:25pm On May 26, 2015

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by CSTR2: 10:26pm On May 26, 2015
Dollyak:

How can we relate it to the topic at hand? There is a growing backlash from Yorubas which can be partly blamed on Igbos.
Your message isn't helping.
Partly blamed on igbos?
how old are you?
Btw, i am sure you unknowingly ignored the taunting by that slowpoke who calls himself superstar.
Half igbo indeed.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by Dollyak(f): 10:37pm On May 26, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

Bless Yoruba people

Amen
Yorubas were never this tribalistic, what happened? Yorubas are one of the most friendly and accommodating people in Africa. Some of the comments here is now making me think otherwise. My dad and most peoole I know are not like this. I hope they are not the odd one.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by Dollyak(f): 10:42pm On May 26, 2015
CSTR2:
Partly blamed on igbos?
how old are you?
Btw, i am sure you unknowingly ignored the taunting by that slowpoke who calls himself superstar.
Half igbo indeed.
I am aware both side are partly to blame. There is surely a reason Igbos don't like Yoruba and vice versa.
What I just want it peace.
I chose to ignore the idiot because I felt trufact should know better. He sounds more intelligent than him so why engage him and make it worse.
In addition, my comment were directed at him because of the recent agressive behaviour from some Igbo on this forum.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by CSTR2: 10:47pm On May 26, 2015
Dollyak:

I am aware both side are partly to blame. There is surely a reason Igbos don't like Yoruba and vice versa.
What I just want it peace.
I chose to ignore the idiot because I felt the
Imagine a country composed of the english and french with both groups inevitable struggle for supremacy.
That is southern Nigeria.
Too much entropy, and it is only a matter before it goes.....

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by Dollyak(f): 10:57pm On May 26, 2015
CSTR2:
Imagine a country composed of the english and french with both groups inevitable struggle for supremacy.
That is southern Nigeria.
Too much entropy, and it is only a matter before it goes.....
That's just heartbreaking. The rivalry has brought out ugly hatreds from both sides. One person called me a bastard and told me I am not better than a goat just because my Mum married a Yoruba. Yorubas too are just as bad if you criticise their behaviour toward Igbos.
How I wish both side can sit down, be logical and constructive for the best of both parties.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by CSTR2: 11:03pm On May 26, 2015
Dollyak:

That's just heartbreaking. The rivalry has brought out ugly hatreds from both sides. One person called me a bastard and told me I am not better than a goat just because my Mum married a Yoruba. Yorubas too are just as bad if you criticise their behaviour toward Igbos.
How I wish both side can sit down, be logical and constructive for the best of both parties.
Sorry for the personal attacks.
I don't think a sit-down is possible again.
Before the civil war maybe, but not now.
Millions of biafrans died due to highly unconventional tactics unbefitting a civil war and awolowo who is still revered as a god in the SW was a huge part of it.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by Ayus34(m): 11:40pm On May 26, 2015
CSTR2:
Sorry for the personal attacks.
I don't think a sit-down is possible again.
Before the civil war maybe, but not now.
Millions of biafrans died due to highly unconventional tactics unbefitting a civil war and awolowo who is still revered as a god in the SW was a huge part of it.
How i wish i was alive to be in awo's position then....i would ve been so brutal and merciless aganinsf d ibos and awo will need to learn from my tactics!

16 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by Nobody: 11:46pm On May 26, 2015
superstar1:

Amen oooooo.

Some clowns will now be telling us how they left their land to build another man's land.
Abegi leave them ooo,let them continue building our land

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by micktoxin(m): 11:48pm On May 26, 2015
Ayus34:

How i wish i was alive to be in awo's position then....i would ve been so brutal and merciless aganinsf d ibos and awo will need to learn from my tactics!
Why? What did they do in those days, to warrant such a comment from you? I mean, millions of people were killed, children lost their parents.. etc You know that right?
Please educate me on what they did in those days to deserve such a comment..
Your comment is by far the worst I have ever read on Nl. This is similar to taunting jews over holocaust.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by paabakp: 3:01am On May 27, 2015
It is sad to see alot of people fighting for a cause they know nothing about.
One question for the Biafra fanatics is should Awolowo wait for the SE then to enter his region before facing them head on? Because if we actually read our history books which most of us don't, we would know that Biafrans actually took another region (mid western region) which does not belong to then during the war and were virtually at the door step of the western region (Ore) heading for Lagos the then capital of Nigeria. This is when and where Awolowo mobilized soldiers to defend his territory and unavoidably joined the war.

Finally, the war is over we shud come together and forge a new path ahead together. The enemies of our country is out there and within us. They are always looking for aw to divide us and also loot our country dry. The same method they have been using for years.

25 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by papoose999(m): 3:33am On May 27, 2015
Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by micktoxin(m): 5:30am On May 27, 2015
paabakp:
One question for the Biafra fanatics is should Awolowo wait for the SE then to enter his region before facing them head on? Because if we actually read our history books which most of us don't, we would know that Biafrans actually took another region (mid western region) which does not belong to then during the war and were virtually at the door step of the western region (Ore) heading for Lagos the then capital of Nigeria. This is when and where Awolowo mobilized soldiers to defend his territory and unavoidably joined the war.

Finally, the war is over we shud come together and forge a new path ahead together. The enemies of our country is out there and within us. They are always looking for aw to divide us and also loot our country dry. The same method they have been using for years.
To be honest, I didn't know the history of Nigeria and was beginning to dislike Awolowo.
Thanks for clearing this up. I am sure Igbos too will have their own view on the war, which I will be glad to know.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by CSTR2: 5:30am On May 27, 2015
paabakp:

Awolowo reneged from an agreement, you moronn.
If he couldn't understand the reason why ojukwu had to come all the way to ore then maybe his intelligence is overestimated.
Btw, you can't forge a new path with people who are no longer interested.
Forge your own path.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by Ilekeh(f): 5:39am On May 27, 2015
I sight Igbo people on this thread. The bitterness is too much grin
Go and build a Abia-Anambra metro please.
Yoruba to Yoruba state don cause wahala.
Chaiii

24 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by Ilekeh(f): 5:39am On May 27, 2015
Ogun state is coming up...... Oyo should be next.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by TonySpike: 5:46am On May 27, 2015
CSTR2:
If he couldn't understand the reason why ojukwu had to come all the way to ore then maybe his intelligence is overestimated.
Forge your own path.

Care to show us documents from the so-called "agreement" reneged by Awolowo? Could this have been an "oral" agreement which many Yorubas seem to be unaware of? I doubt there was ever a documented agreement, prove me wrong though.

Concerning the rail news, I think this new development indicates progress for that part of Nigeria

25 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by micktoxin(m): 5:46am On May 27, 2015
CSTR2:

Forge your own path.
It's great to hear your views on this. Can you please expand more on the highlighted, because Igbos on this site are angry for a reason. They tend to call Yoruba a betrayal and backstabber.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by huptin(m): 6:20am On May 27, 2015
juicee1:
reduce the rate at which you show hate for progress.

I guess you are just trying to push the yorubas out cos you can't stand their pace.

How can he even push the Yoruba out? How many Yoruba does he see in his own region?

12 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by ba7man(m): 6:52am On May 27, 2015
truefact:

We're already integrating our region politically and economically.

We're building the foundation to an independent region / Country should Nigeria break up and we're doing it without spreading hate messages via radio/media or insulting people online.

We're more prepared than the SE to emerge as a nation.

24 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by Rawani: 6:57am On May 27, 2015
micktoxin:

It's great to hear your views on this. Can you please expand more on the highlighted, because Igbos on this site are angry for a reason. They tend to call Yoruba a betrayal and backstabber.

That would derail this thread which is focused on the developments in the SW. Create a separate thread for your overflogged intentions. Other Nigerians are focused on progress.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by micktoxin(m): 7:09am On May 27, 2015
Rawani:

That would derail this thread which is focused on the developments in the SW. Create a separate thread for your overflogged intentions. Other Nigerians are focused on progress.
I don't know about you, but I can't ignore a comment that wished more harm were done to the other tribe. I need to understand the context behind that comment.
Anyways, I am happy to let this topic continue as long as tribalism is kept to a minimum otherwise I have no choice but to request a closure of this thread.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by truefact: 7:16am On May 27, 2015
ba7man:
We're already integrating our region politically and economically.

We're building the foundation to an independent region / Country should Nigeria break up and we're doing it without spreading hate messages via radio/media or insulting people online.

We're more prepared than the SE to emerge as a nation.
I said what is still holding you...seeing how progressive you are? To me, it is act of foolishness and cowardice that you are yet to start seceding

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

PHOTOS: How To Detect A Suicide Bomber / ‘Bury Your Head In Shame’ – Oyegun To APC / May Allocation: N305.128bn Shared By FG, States And LGs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.