Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,712 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:46 PM

Don’t Dump National Conference Report, Jonathan Urges Buhari: Prime Times - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Dump National Conference Report, Jonathan Urges Buhari: Prime Times (619 Views)

Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari / President Dumps National Conference Report –source / Jonathan Urges Nigerians To Patiently Wait For INEC To Collate, Announce Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Dump National Conference Report, Jonathan Urges Buhari: Prime Times by drizzydrag(m): 8:44pm On May 26, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan has urged the incoming Muhammadu Buhari-led government not to discardthe report of the 2014 National Conference, which he initiated steps to implement before losing the recent election.

The president tasked Mr. Buhari to appreciate the good contributions made by Nigerians towards nation-building irrespective of political party or creed.

The president spoke shortly after being decorated with the “Peace-Loving Global Citizen” Award by the Universal Peace Forum led by lawyer,Mike Ozehkome, at the Presidential Villa, Tuesday.

He expressed hope that the incoming administration would take the time to appreciate the contributions of Nigerians from every part of the country in the efforts to build a greater nation.

The president enjoined Nigerians to strengthen the weak cleavages which abound in the country and not to exploit them for negative reasons.

He said everyone must be ready to make sacrifices.

“We have our challenges, of course,” he said. “We had a national conference; the idea of the conference is to look at these weak cleavages we have in this country.

“And we just finished that conferenceand we are thinking about how to implement it so that Nigeria will become more stronger and united nation. I cannot be a party to the disintegration of the country.

“But I’m quite pleased with what has happened. We have a country; our country will be more united. I believe and do pray that the incoming government should appreciate the contributions of everybody and see how we run Nigeria as a country that belongs to everybody, for all citizens; irrespective of political persuasion or creed; so that is what I stand for.

”Accepting his latest award, Mr. Jonathan said he would not be party to the disintegration of Nigeria, whichwas one of the reasons he conceded defeat after the presidential polls.

He said even if he ruled Nigeria for the next 25 years, he would not be at peace with himself if it led to the deaths of Nigerians.

“I took that decision (to concede to Buhari) because I told those around me that no matter the ambition, the nation comes first,” he said.

He told the public that his Vice-President, Namadi Sambo, and the Peoples Democratic Party equally deserved the encomiums poured on him following his historic telephone call to congratulate Mr. Buhari after the March 28 poll.

In his remarks, Mr. Ozekhome praised Mr. Jonathan’s gesture, which‎he said had positively put Nigeria onthe global map.

“Given your uncommon, almost unnatural gesture of conceding victory to your opponent, we want you to go back to Otuoke a very proud man,” he said.

“You are the greatest democrat we have ever had in this country. Historywill be fair to you.

”He, however, warned the outgoing president that he would have little rest after office since he would be invited to several world fora to lend his experience and touch to democracy.

Describing the president as a global peace ambassador, Mr. Ozekhome announced the nomination of Mr. Jonathan to the board of the UPF in place of former head of state, Ernest Shonekan, who stepped down recently.

Mr. Ozekhome also invited Mr. Jonathan to an international conference of the Forum holding in Seoul, South Korea in August.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/183711-dont-dump-national-conference-report-jonathan-urges-buhari.html
Re: Don’t Dump National Conference Report, Jonathan Urges Buhari: Prime Times by DanceVille: 8:46pm On May 26, 2015
Re: Don’t Dump National Conference Report, Jonathan Urges Buhari: Prime Times by mrpackager(m): 8:52pm On May 26, 2015
Re: Don’t Dump National Conference Report, Jonathan Urges Buhari: Prime Times by Obijulius: 9:23pm On May 26, 2015
GEJ my brother no try sha.

What took him all this while to implement the report-even if on a piecemeal basis.

I don't see Buhari implementing it sha especially those clauses that are not favorable to his people.

#babaonechance
Re: Don’t Dump National Conference Report, Jonathan Urges Buhari: Prime Times by baybeeboi: 9:28pm On May 26, 2015
ok
Re: Don’t Dump National Conference Report, Jonathan Urges Buhari: Prime Times by gregg2: 9:31pm On May 26, 2015
I hope the Daura Brainless listens

1 Like

Re: Don’t Dump National Conference Report, Jonathan Urges Buhari: Prime Times by pedel: 11:56pm On May 26, 2015
I do not think GMB has any obligation to implement anything GEJ set up.
I have couple of questions for Mr President: Why did you set up the NC? Why didn't you implement it yourself? So when you were planning the NC you already had it in mind that you would wait till your 2nd term as president before you implement it?

GMB will not implement the NC report. I can place a bet on it.
Almost everything done under GEJ regime is to collect money from poor masses to enrich the cabals.

Mr president, do you know any other country where 'federal' government collects money from unemployed youth in the name of trying to give them job?
Do you know any country where they invalidate the passport of their citizens before the expiration date of the one they have, and charge them money for it?
Do you know any country where they coerce people to change drivers licence and registration plates of cars for no sensible reasons other than to put money in the pocket of some cabals who were given the contract to produce the plate numbers.

Please stop telling GMB what to do; OBJ obviously didn't influence your government.

Finally, stop saying you "took that decision to concede to Buhari" You should be saying you LOST to Buhari.
Are you implying that you would have done the same if you had only one vote more than GMB?
Buhari got 15424921 votes and you got 12853162, He, therefore, won by 2571759.

Please allow Baba to focus on fixing the mess that has been created under your watch; which you know nothing about
Efun Baba laye, Eje ki baba o sanjo.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Dump National Conference Report, Jonathan Urges Buhari: Prime Times by Nobody: 11:56pm On May 26, 2015
gregg2:
I hope the Daura Brainless listens
if Jonathan neva cudnt do it, despite fact that if he did it wud be more favorable to the Ijaws, is it Buhari dat wants to do it?

1 Like

Re: Don’t Dump National Conference Report, Jonathan Urges Buhari: Prime Times by AhmedMustapha(m): 12:05am On May 27, 2015
Jonathan stop rubbing it in our faces that you conceded defeat in an election Nigerians sent you packing and as for the conference report, be rest assured that it will find its place in the dustbin of your house in Otueke where you can do to it as you please
Re: Don’t Dump National Conference Report, Jonathan Urges Buhari: Prime Times by cold(m): 12:06am On May 27, 2015
lygn19:
if Jonathan neva cudnt do it, despite fact that if he did it wud be more favorable to the Ijaws, is it Buhari dat wants to do it?
My thoughts exactly. Meanwhile our geriatric baba is still AWOL at this eleventh hour. Is the shape of things to come?

(1) (Reply)

Thank You GEJ For Giving Us Constant Power Supply / Amnesty Intern Report Aimed At Breaking The Country / Reasons Osinbajo Cannot Be Allowed At Security Meetings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.