Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,789 members, 7,851,664 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:39 AM

Fashola Poses With His Wife In His Office As He Prepares To Hand Over. PICTURES. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Poses With His Wife In His Office As He Prepares To Hand Over. PICTURES. (59392 Views)

Governor Ayade Cries In His Office Over The Condition Of Refugees. Photos / Tinubu Prepares To Run For Presidency In 2019, Lists Running Mates - ThisDay / Obasanjo Uncovers Plot To Hand Over To Military Should Jonathan Lose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Poses With His Wife In His Office As He Prepares To Hand Over. PICTURES. by arresa: 3:52am On May 27, 2015
Re: Fashola Poses With His Wife In His Office As He Prepares To Hand Over. PICTURES. by arresa: 3:53am On May 27, 2015
Re: Fashola Poses With His Wife In His Office As He Prepares To Hand Over. PICTURES. by arresa: 3:54am On May 27, 2015

Re: Fashola Poses With His Wife In His Office As He Prepares To Hand Over. PICTURES. by arresa: 3:57am On May 27, 2015
Re: Fashola Poses With His Wife In His Office As He Prepares To Hand Over. PICTURES. by arresa: 4:00am On May 27, 2015
Re: Fashola Poses With His Wife In His Office As He Prepares To Hand Over. PICTURES. by Nobody: 4:00am On May 27, 2015
I once accidently bumped into Mrs Fashola. That was February 14th 2011 when I visited the city mall, Lagos with my family. Getting there we made for the gift shop. It was a small space for the number of people milling around. As I tried to maneuver my way I bumped against a lady who shifted quite positively against my momentum. It was an embarrassing moment but I apologized immediately. Then my wife whispered Mrs Fashola and oh my goodness I was about getting effusive with my apologies but her attention was now diverted. Just looking around again I saw the man himself. Fashola was dressed very simply in jean, shirt and sandals playing and snapping pictures with everyone around especially the kids. I shook hands with this great man, and took pictures too. My own Children also joined in the photo shots while we looked on. I taught this great man showed a lot of simplicity despite his brilliance and position in society. Another take away for me was that the presence of his security details was unnoticed. They must have been around, concealed in mufti. This is one experience I will never forget.

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Poses With His Wife In His Office As He Prepares To Hand Over. PICTURES. by opribo(m): 4:02am On May 27, 2015
He was a talkative , maligning our president to score cheap points before GMB for political post.
Now that he has got what he wants I hope he is happy.

He was also playing to the gallery using the press and internet to blow his achievements out of proportion.

He wasted money needlessly on the light rail project instead of developing the waterways..
He also wasted money on the useless eko Atlantic project instead of developing the surplus wasteland in Ikorodu, badagry and Lagos.

He closed down shops wantonly just to prove he is in power.

Jakande still and will always remain the best until a real true visionary man comes to Lagos.

There many better than him in Lagos. He is a case of in the land of the blind the one eyed man is king.

Let Ambode step in for me to compare and contrast.

This is celebration of below average in a rich state like Lagos. We need CHANGE to vision and purpose not cosmetic projects that can't last the test of time. The BRT and lad bus I guess are almost dead no plan for continuity.
Re: Fashola Poses With His Wife In His Office As He Prepares To Hand Over. PICTURES. by arresa: 4:04am On May 27, 2015
Re: Fashola Poses With His Wife In His Office As He Prepares To Hand Over. PICTURES. by arresa: 4:05am On May 27, 2015

Re: Fashola Poses With His Wife In His Office As He Prepares To Hand Over. PICTURES. by arresa: 4:05am On May 27, 2015

Re: Fashola Poses With His Wife In His Office As He Prepares To Hand Over. PICTURES. by arresa: 4:07am On May 27, 2015
GOV. FASHOLA AT COMMISSIONS MTN FOUNDATION YOUTH SKILL DEVELOPMENT

Re: Fashola Poses With His Wife In His Office As He Prepares To Hand Over. PICTURES. by arresa: 4:08am On May 27, 2015

Re: Fashola Poses With His Wife In His Office As He Prepares To Hand Over. PICTURES. by lastpage: 4:08am On May 27, 2015
Ayekotoo:
Lawyers Should be made to lead most states in Nigeria. Just like Obafemi Awolowo and Babatunde Fashola

Emmm....I hope you dont have the "type" of former Attorney general of Nigeria, (under Yar Ardua), "most" Un-Excellency Mr. Andoaka (a.k.a Mr.Anaconda! shocked ), in mind? ....

......Or the recently "De-SANed" Cash-for-Judgement Lawyer, Mr. Kunle Kalejaiye?
Or even the likes of Fani-Kayode (Senior), or that Fat Rotimi Williams (Any Govt in power!)

I posit that Awolowo or Fashola and many other astounding "Administrators" would equally have done well, if they were Engineers or Doctors or even Teachers...... "Good Character and astute, native Intelligence" is "inborn" in those that have it.

Look at peeps luminaries Gani Fawehinmi, Bola Ige, Pastor Tunde Bakare, Dr. Onagoruwa, e.t.c ..........though Awolowo is on a different planet when it comes to all round intelligence, coupled with the fact that he is Ijebu, and l dont have to remind anyone that "Ijebu peeps get what we call "Opolo" (Brain!).
Deadly combination!

Like we say, "Abinibi" is not the same with "Ability"!
You are born with one, while you can learn the other but they are miles apart.
Look at fela Anikulapo? He was no Lawyer but his level of "Philosophising" is beyond compare!

Having said the above, I agree that in general, Lawyers by their training, are going to be "extremely" very intelligent people, "iff" even when some already have it in them (I have seen some "dindinrin" ones in court but they are still graduates of the Law School grin )

"The Law", l throway Salute, Sir!

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Fashola Poses With His Wife In His Office As He Prepares To Hand Over. PICTURES. by arresa: 4:12am On May 27, 2015
GOV. FASHOLA RECEIVES BRITISH DEPUTY HIGH COMMISSIONER, MR PETER CARTER ON A COURTESY VISIT

Re: Fashola Poses With His Wife In His Office As He Prepares To Hand Over. PICTURES. by arresa: 4:13am On May 27, 2015
GOV. FASHOLA MEETS WITH INDIAN HIGH COMMISSIONER TO NIGERIA

Re: Fashola Poses With His Wife In His Office As He Prepares To Hand Over. PICTURES. by arresa: 4:15am On May 27, 2015
Re: Fashola Poses With His Wife In His Office As He Prepares To Hand Over. PICTURES. by arresa: 4:17am On May 27, 2015

Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola SAN (2nd right), Sarkin Hausawan of Lagos, Alhaji Aminu Idris Yaro (2nd left), Danmasani of Lagos Alhaji Say Mohammed (left) and Sarkin Fulani of Lagos, Alhaji Mohammed Bambado (right), during a meeting with the Leaders of the Hausa Community at the Lagos House Ikeja
Re: Fashola Poses With His Wife In His Office As He Prepares To Hand Over. PICTURES. by arresa: 4:20am On May 27, 2015
GOV. FASHOLA RECEIVES LORD MAYOR OF THE CITY OF LONDON, HON. ALDERMAN ROGER GIFFORD, HIGH LEVEL BUSINESS DELEGATION ON A COURTESY VISIT

Re: Fashola Poses With His Wife In His Office As He Prepares To Hand Over. PICTURES. by arresa: 4:22am On May 27, 2015

Re: Fashola Poses With His Wife In His Office As He Prepares To Hand Over. PICTURES. by arresa: 4:26am On May 27, 2015

Apapa Amusement Park.

Ambode is commissioning this..
Re: Fashola Poses With His Wife In His Office As He Prepares To Hand Over. PICTURES. by lastpage: 4:27am On May 27, 2015
opribo:
He was a talkative , maligning our president to score cheap points before GMB for political post.
Now that he has got what he wants I hope he is happy.

He was also playing to the gallery using the press and internet to blow his achievements out of proportion.

He wasted money needlessly on the light rail project instead of developing the waterways..
He also wasted money on the useless eko Atlantic project instead of developing the surplus wasteland in Ikorodu, badagry and Lagos.

He closed down shops wantonly just to prove he is in power.

Jakande still and will always remain the best until a real true visionary man comes to Lagos.

There many better than him in Lagos. He is a case of in the land of the blind the one eyed man is king.

Let Ambode step in for me to compare and contrast.

This is celebration of below average in a rich state like Lagos. We need CHANGE to vision and purpose not cosmetic projects that can't last the test of time. The BRT and lad bus I guess are almost dead no plan for continuity.

Shut-Up "Yoruba-hater"!

Anyone who does not see anything good in others, is most likely a lowlife!

*Fashola did not malign anyone but when you say "Stealing is NOT Corruption", you have maligned yourself. Gerrit? I guess it was fashola that made him lose the election as well, huh? Yorubas are ALWAYS willing to work with anyone from any Region, who is ready and able to elevate their thinking beyond "Ethnic and Tribal perfidy" that is the lot of peeps like you and the last administration!

*In this modern age, even Obama has joined Twitter ... and l wonder what you are doing on a Social Media like Nairaland if you so much hate Fashola using the same thing?

*Light Rail Project has its uses and advantages and that does not stop the next Govt from developing Waterways! I guess people like you are just "chronic complainants"!

* Maybe we should ask you whether Dubai wasted money on its "Flagship City" where you'all troop to, for Holidays. It is called "Vision".. with time, developement will get to Ikorodu afterall, Fashola just opened it up with an 6-Lane Express way from Ketu. wink

*When you open Shop anywhere, anyhow, it behoves a responsible Govt to knock it down. Go to London or Washington and open Kiosk all over the place and lets see what will happen. You are so used to slum that the slum cannot get out of you. Go back to your Village if you dont like Fashola's Lagos! wink

Fashola did not claim he is the best but it is his community who ascribed that to him. Ambode can be better but l know that Jakande did his best but did not build the type of Three Storey Building Schools that Fashola built. In all, both of them are worthy sons of Eko, showcase your own and lets see! undecided

I think people like you should become the Governor of your state or give advice to your Governor instead of spewing "bile" in form of useless criticism, that is neither useful nor needed.

Up Fashola, Eko'ni Ba'je!

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Poses With His Wife In His Office As He Prepares To Hand Over. PICTURES. by arresa: 4:28am On May 27, 2015
Re: Fashola Poses With His Wife In His Office As He Prepares To Hand Over. PICTURES. by arresa: 4:29am On May 27, 2015
Re: Fashola Poses With His Wife In His Office As He Prepares To Hand Over. PICTURES. by arresa: 4:31am On May 27, 2015

Re: Fashola Poses With His Wife In His Office As He Prepares To Hand Over. PICTURES. by lastpage: 4:33am On May 27, 2015
@Aresa:
It would be nice if you could "Caption" each picture (or group) so we can gain better insight into what our amiable Governor was doing at that point in time.
Nice Pics.
History will judge all of us, good or bad, depending on the legacy we leave behind. wink wink

Lastpage!
Re: Fashola Poses With His Wife In His Office As He Prepares To Hand Over. PICTURES. by arresa: 4:34am On May 27, 2015

Re: Fashola Poses With His Wife In His Office As He Prepares To Hand Over. PICTURES. by arresa: 4:37am On May 27, 2015
GOV. FASHOLA FLAGS OFF LAGOS SOLAR POWER PROJECT

Re: Fashola Poses With His Wife In His Office As He Prepares To Hand Over. PICTURES. by arresa: 4:40am On May 27, 2015
GOV. FASHOLA HANDS OVER NEW AREA ā€˜Cā€™ POLICE COMMAND IN SURULERE

Re: Fashola Poses With His Wife In His Office As He Prepares To Hand Over. PICTURES. by arresa: 4:44am On May 27, 2015

That way to Otuoke straight and don't turn back...

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Poses With His Wife In His Office As He Prepares To Hand Over. PICTURES. by arresa: 4:45am On May 27, 2015
dey catch me... later...
Re: Fashola Poses With His Wife In His Office As He Prepares To Hand Over. PICTURES. by arresa: 4:48am On May 27, 2015
.GOV. FASHOLA, TEAM MEET ABU-DHABI GOVT, ORACLE CORPORATION OFFICIALS.

[img]Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola SAN receiving a souvenir from Director, Information and Technology, Department of Finance, Government of Abu Dhabi, Dr. Hazem Turki Al Khatib (middle) while the Lagos State Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Science and Technology, Mrs. Nike Animashaun (right) looks on with keen interest after an executive briefing for the Governor and his team on ICT Governance in Abu Dhabi as part of collaborative engagement for improved corporate governance with ICT among the Abu Dhabi Government, Oracle Corporation and Lagos State Government at the Abu Dhabi Department of Finance, United Arab Emirates[/img]
Re: Fashola Poses With His Wife In His Office As He Prepares To Hand Over. PICTURES. by lastpage: 4:48am On May 27, 2015
jomonic:
I once accidently bumped into Mrs Fashola. That was February 14th 2011 when I visited the city mall, Lagos with my family. Getting there we made for the gift shop. It was a small space for the number of people milling around. As I tried to maneuver my way I bumped against a lady who shifted quite positively against my momentum. It was an embarrassing moment but I apologized immediately. Then my wife whispered Mrs Fashola and oh my goodness I was about getting effusive with my apologies but her attention was now diverted. Just looking around again I saw the man himself. Fashola was dressed very simply in jean, shirt and sandals playing and snapping pictures with everyone around especially the kids. I shook hands with this great man, and took pictures too. My own Children also joined in the photo shots while we looked on. I taught this great man showed a lot of simplicity despite his brilliance and position in society. Another take away for me was that the presence of his security details was unnoticed. They must have been around, concealed in mufti. This is one experience I will never forget.

Thanks for sharing this!

I have come to understand that 'No one is perfect' but even in our/your imperfection, if you tried and you are seen (by the masses) trying your best possible for the interest of the masses, the masses themselves will be come your number one security, accounting for about 70% of the danger you may face on a daily basis. The remaining danger will be from 'political opponents and bad-belle' folks.

I have met Fashola a few times and l can tell you that the man is down-to-earth.

I think l will also never forget when OBJ as President, came to Lagos and was going back to Abuja, the 3rd Mainland Bridge was closed from 7am, till like 5:30 pm when he passed! The Soldiers were just whipping people who tried to move out of line and get on with their business. I was "caught and stuck" in that Traffic throughout with no way of doing a U-turn. I am like: Is this necessary?

Cant forget the first time l saw British Prime Minister John Major in the early 2000's l think. He was in the Tube (Train) with all of us like ordinary passenger... until someone pointed him out to me and l am like "Cheesux!", can our own leaders do this? His Security details were around but l just couldn't fish them out individually.

The best way to know a wicked leader is to see how his security details maltreat supposedly admirers and constituent members, in an effort to shield him away from the evil he has sowed. grin undecided

"The Guilty are always afraid but the righteous will enjoy their days in peace".

I suspect Buhari too is such a 'crowd man', having met him in 2010 and twice in early 2014, ....long before he got elected as Presido.
Work hard for your citizens and you wouldn't have to worry that much when you are in their midst.

Lastpage!

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Patience, Goodluck Jonathan And Obasanjo At Udom Emmanuel's Father's Burial / We Beat Ekweremadu And He's In Shock - IPOB Man Brags In Front Of German Police / EFCC Conducts Routine Checks In Peter Obi's Polling Unit In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.