Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,744 members, 7,827,752 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

APC Should Reveal The Truth About Buhari Frequent Visit To London - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Should Reveal The Truth About Buhari Frequent Visit To London (2416 Views)

Why APC Should Win Edo Governorship Election – Buhari / Senator Blames Jonathan For Buhari’s Frequent Foreign Trips / President Buhari’s Frequent Foreign Trips & The Cost - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Should Reveal The Truth About Buhari Frequent Visit To London by Nobody: 9:25am On May 27, 2015
socialmediaman:

I'm not vexed my friend, I just think that since English has been adopted as our official language, it's better to encourage our people to master it, at least basically, so we can communicate very effectively in a forum like this. It's the same language we use to describe science, practice engineering, medicine and other professions, we just need to know the language basically, not because it came from another man's land, but because it's our official communication language. It sounds kinda awful when one can hardly make a simple sentence in English, cos you begin to wonder, if you can't learn it very well, how can you learn other fields and professions competently?

I get your point bro, even from the very beginning.
My problem is this:
We seemed to lay so much emphasis on the use of the English Language to the detriment of what true education is.
I get challenged when I see manuals of certain products written in chinese.
We are speaking grammar with nothing to show for it.
Re: APC Should Reveal The Truth About Buhari Frequent Visit To London by socialmediaman: 9:43am On May 27, 2015
noblezone:

I get your point bro, even from the very beginning.
My problem is this:
We seemed to lay so much emphasis on the use of the English Language to the detriment of what true education is.
I get challenged when I see manuals of certain products written in chinese.
We are speaking grammar with nothing to show for it.

I'm not really a fan of using too many vocabs when speaking or writing, I love to keep it simple. If you watch good media houses, you'll observe they keep it simple too, but my major issue is when people make basic errors like "I likes it", "I doesn't understand" etc...
Re: APC Should Reveal The Truth About Buhari Frequent Visit To London by Nobody: 4:48pm On May 27, 2015
socialmediaman:

I'm not really a fan of using too many vocabs when speaking or writing, I love to keep it simple. If you watch good media houses, you'll observe they keep it simple too, but my major issue is when people make basic errors like "I likes it", "I doesn't understand" etc...

hahahahaha!

See, you better learn to hold your emotions together.

You never even see "grammar!"
If I hear any and I am in a position to correct, I do it with the understanding that it is not completely the persons fault.
If I cant, I simply try and get the substance an ignore the grammatical errors after i do make mistakes myself.
After all, the whiteman does not speak my own Language.
Re: APC Should Reveal The Truth About Buhari Frequent Visit To London by stinggy(m): 6:26am On May 28, 2015
Obijulius:
I wish this man well, but I hate all he stands for.

God should just keep him alive whatever. Everyone has a purpose on earth afterall.

But what are the things this poor man stands for that you hate sir? Take no offence, I just want to enlightened.
Re: APC Should Reveal The Truth About Buhari Frequent Visit To London by K9blunt(f): 10:06am On May 28, 2015
noblezone:

No vex oo, my laptop is made in china not Britain.
And if you say China adapted from Britain, please note they did so but yet retained their language.

However, even if I use the laptop manufactured at the backyard of the queen of England, that does not mean I mus speak their language.
Perhaps, you must speak Hausa because you eat water melon and carrot produced from there.

One of the salient IDs of a people is their language.
I insist I am not an English man and I dont want to be.

As the Americans are learning China to transact business, so we can learn English to transact business.
but we are not English people and can never be.

Iwe ewela gi, biko.
no of fence bro but you're painfully ignorant...... Germany , France, China, Japan , spain e.t.c speak one language each for instance; duestch,French,Spanish,Japanese,Chinese, e.t.c so they don't need any other language since they understand each other competently. but Nigeria has many languages like Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, Efik, tiv, etc , so you don't expect an Igbo to speak his/her language to a Yoruba person and expect the person to understand Igbo. if we should say Igbo should be the official language simply because English is not our official language then what about Hausa , tiv, efik and the rest?
English is our official language as we were colonized by the British (like it or not you can't flee from history) Senegal was colonized by the French now they speak French officially even though they have their native tongue.
so please stop being incorrigible.
jeez!
Re: APC Should Reveal The Truth About Buhari Frequent Visit To London by Nobody: 12:40pm On May 28, 2015
K9blunt:
no of fence bro but you're painfully ignorant...... Germany , France, China, Japan , spain e.t.c speak one language each for instance; duestch,French,Spanish,Japanese,Chinese, e.t.c so they don't need any other language since they understand each other competently. but Nigeria has many languages like Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, Efik, tiv, etc , so you don't expect an Igbo to speak his/her language to a Yoruba person and expect the person to understand Igbo. if we should say Igbo should be the official language simply because English is not our official language then what about Hausa , tiv, efik and the rest?
English is our official language as we were colonized by the British (like it or not you can't flee from history) Senegal was colonized by the French now they speak French officially even though they have their native tongue.
so please stop being incorrigible.
jeez!

That is the heart of the matter.
We are questioning the right of slave traders to create a country for us.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Technology Boom: Germany Launch Transparent Car / Where Is Minister Lai Mohammed? /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.