Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,543 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? (63459 Views)

Please Blessed Nairalanders,help Me Pay My House Rent / See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon / Is It Called Summer Or Rainy Season In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by IyfeNamikaze(m): 12:14pm On May 27, 2015
baybeeboi:

Oka is called Anaconda
oga I hope you know that anaconda and python are two different species of snakes
Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by Originalsly: 12:20pm On May 27, 2015
omoadeleye:

is like am still living inside my kid mind, cause what make me resent of snakes is this indisan film titled NAJIN, when some group of 5 guys killed a male snake, and the snake captured those guys pics on his eyes, them later when his female snake saw his make snake has been killed, the she look inside his eyes and see all the guys who killed her man, so she began hunting to kill them all, since then anywhere i see that they are killing any snake i always make sure i hide my face, inorder not for the snake to capture my face, its kinda funny thou.
Never heard about this movie before....but always heard "bushmen" tell the same about a particular very huge venomous snake which they avoid killing because of fear of being tracked down. My friend's father was later killed by the same snake. Myth? @Topic...is the snake fully grown?...or just a baby snake? @Op...snakes do not roam alone...usually in pairs...so most likely you guys need to comb your neighbourhood for more.

1 Like

Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by whoisuche: 12:22pm On May 27, 2015
THANK GOD BRO.
Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by groovie(m): 12:23pm On May 27, 2015
That a gabonese viper. Bitis Gabonica. Never try these ones.

Its not a puff adder.
Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by mstik(f): 12:29pm On May 27, 2015
All of you seeing snake pepper soup are disgusting!
Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by mikeapollo: 12:34pm On May 27, 2015
Lattop:
python is ere Cobra is oka nd this is monamona or paramole

Cobra is called ''sebe'' in Yoruba.
Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by lukas280(m): 12:39pm On May 27, 2015
kagah DAT girl wan u cheat and abandon don charge to snake come visit u,,,,,, no worry Na the coming of ninja snake girl
Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by indiraserv: 12:59pm On May 27, 2015
No I haven't in real life,I don't believe you have in real life too,pictures,documentaries yes nbut for a real life snake that is huge to me

Indiraserv
NovusHomo:

Huge?. Have you ever seen an Anaconda? That one has been known to have swallowed a grown man.
Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by fabulouskeem(m): 1:08pm On May 27, 2015
alekside:
Oka is Python.

Python ko undecided Agama lizard ni..bro dis na mona mona in Yoruba language
Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by nickyvil: 1:13pm On May 27, 2015
coldHeat:
Mr front page mod, is this a big and long snake as u titled it on the front page?

Chai!

Some people can falsify information sha...

Pls give credible titles to threads, I know you are trying to drive traffic but please this snake is not long and big by any definition.

My 2 koko.
This type of viper snake don't grow longer than the pics your seeing..they are rear type slow to strike bt deadly. They hide under rocks or sound bt I doubt that the pics was taken from google cos I don't bliv it's his compound he even said he killed d snake with stone which there is no sign of stone hitting the stance on the head.
Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by daresimon(m): 1:17pm On May 27, 2015
Thank God you didnot Bleep up with the snake.
If that snake were to catch you first ehn?
You won't be here to write this .
Congrats.
Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by SmooshCHN: 1:20pm On May 27, 2015
changes1:

killed with a stone and not a stick.
Your hand na Sniper be that o. grin cheesy
Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by sheylarhh(m): 1:24pm On May 27, 2015
omololu2020:
python is called ere,cobra is called oka
Cobra is sebe in Yoruba
Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by Nobody: 1:27pm On May 27, 2015
fabulouskeem:

Python ko undecided Agama lizard ni..bro dis na mona mona in Yoruba language
Hahaha... No blame me. I always dey mix dem up.
Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by ikorodureporta: 1:40pm On May 27, 2015
Dat tin dey hard to kill o...how u take kill am? U must be a pro! grin Na ikorodu u de stay?
Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by erad(m): 1:42pm On May 27, 2015
mrbillz:
THANKS FOR THE CORRECTION, I WAS ABOUT DOING THAT. BUT WHATS PYTHON IN YORUBA?

Python is "Ejo ila" or something close to that.
Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by Gordonz07(m): 1:50pm On May 27, 2015
changes1:
Woke up early in the morning, stepped outside the gate and realised there's this "rod" on the ground with a nice pattern or design.
I got closer and discovered it was a snake. I took a closer look and to my greatest surprised it was a VIPER..

damn!! I had to do the needful at that time by smashing the head, because you never know who might mistakenly step on its tail especially as it almost has the same colour as the ground.

It was too big to ignore (as a viper).
Take a look at the length compared to the largest size of bathroom slippers. (in the pix)

Snakes can be very deceptive. Be very careful where u go or step especially dead leaves..

VIPER
IBO :- ajuala
HAUSA:- gobe De nisa

What is it called in Yoruba or your local dialect??

modified:- those asking if I stay in the bush or desert.. To answer your question: NO.
This is Gbinde. A very poisonous snake
Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by Nobody: 1:57pm On May 27, 2015
Lattop:
python is ere Cobra is oka nd this is monamona or paramole
U sabi all snakes name?! shocked i fear u oooo!!!

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by croSStodds(m): 2:33pm On May 27, 2015
nickyvil:

This type of viper snake don't grow longer than the pics your seeing..they are rear type slow to strike bt deadly. They hide under rocks or sound bt I doubt that the pics was taken from google cos I don't bliv it's his compound he even said he killed d snake with stone which there is no sign of stone hitting the stance on the head.
What about the slippers beside it?
Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by croSStodds(m): 2:36pm On May 27, 2015
ikorodureporta:
Dat tin dey hard to kill o...how u take kill am? U must be a pro! grin
Na ikorodu u de stay?
He kills,roasts and sells snakes to make a living.na different kinds of people dey nairaland.
Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by Okeycima: 3:00pm On May 27, 2015
J
changes1:
Woke up early in the morning, stepped outside the gate and realised there's this "rod" on the ground with a nice pattern or design.
I got closer and discovered it was a snake. I took a closer look and to my greatest surprised it was a VIPER..

damn!! I had to do the needful at that time by smashing the head, because you never know who might mistakenly step on its tail especially as it almost has the same colour as the ground.

It was too big to ignore (as a viper).
Take a look at the length compared to the largest size of bathroom slippers. (in the pix)

Snakes can be very deceptive. Be very careful where u go or step especially dead leaves..

VIPER
IBO :- ajuala
HAUSA:- gobe De nisa

What is it called in Yoruba or your local dialect??

modified:- those asking if I stay in the bush or desert.. To answer your question: NO.
Onyeoma it is IGBO abeg we beg Una there is nothing like IBO pls.
Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by Nobody: 3:03pm On May 27, 2015
Okeycima:
JOnyeoma it is IGBO abeg we beg Una there is nothing like IBO pls.

nna imela... no mind autocorrect

1 Like

Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by arimahoseloka(m): 3:25pm On May 27, 2015
this looks like a rattle snake
Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by JJKADRY(m): 3:27pm On May 27, 2015
See dem 4 up, com village dem no go com. sebe na cobra. ask ur village google undecided
Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by JJKADRY(m): 3:31pm On May 27, 2015
Som ppl dey speak in tongue sef.
i perceive yab o. no try am!
Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by texanomaly(f): 4:28pm On May 27, 2015
1miccza:
That's a baby python

shocked

*Runs screaming from thread*
Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by ANAMBRAPDP: 4:34pm On May 27, 2015
OP this isn't Viper.... if you see a viper, u can hardly identify his head or tail. They looks alike. Viper doesn't crawl far, it springs and jumps and if you are bitten by it, u won't survive the next second that's why in Igbo it's called EchI Eteka meaning Tomorrow is too far. What you saw is a puff adder which counts up to seventimes before striking. Its dangerous though. Puff adder is known as Avu Ala in igbo language
Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by Keepshining(f): 5:20pm On May 27, 2015
DaBullIT:
Photos not photo

Na kalahari desert you dey live? How front of your house come be like so nah
grin grin grin
No be kalahari na the footpath that leads to Shekau's house be that. grin
DaBullIT:
Photos not photo

Na kalahari desert you dey live? How front of your house come be like so nah
grin grin grin
No be kalahari na the footpath that leads to Shekau's house be that.
Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by swopeal(m): 6:00pm On May 27, 2015
d snake aint dat big...see d slippers nd d snake in dat other image
Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by colp2015: 6:38pm On May 27, 2015
The snake in that picture is the most dangerous species.
Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by tscara(m): 6:43pm On May 27, 2015
Scary stuff
Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by soulpliz: 7:12pm On May 27, 2015
there is no need differetiating btw python or cobra ....y are some people forming nwa teacher in these thread ......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

hohoho!!kwanu? / Drivers Rush To Grab Free ₦63m In Cash After Armored Truck's Door Opened Georgia / How To Mute Prepaid Meter Beeping Sound

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.