Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,717 members, 7,824,039 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? (63500 Views)

Please Blessed Nairalanders,help Me Pay My House Rent / See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon / Is It Called Summer Or Rainy Season In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by Originalsly: 7:59pm On May 27, 2015
ANAMBRAPDP:
Viper doesn't crawl far, it springs and jumps. What you saw is a puff adder which counts up to seventimes before striking.
Hmmm...just curious...how far does it crawl before it changes to leaping?... and before striking...does it count to 7 in Igbo or what?
Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by 1miccza: 8:02pm On May 27, 2015
texanomaly:

shocked
*Runs screaming from thread*
Come back here you!!!!
Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by texanomaly(f): 8:11pm On May 27, 2015
1miccza:

Come back here you!!!!

No way! You come over here.
Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by 1miccza: 8:16pm On May 27, 2015
texanomaly:

No way! You come over here.
*pulls her arm* you come down here
Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by macof(m): 9:31pm On May 27, 2015
Holatunde007:

Well I serve God not a god thou

Another fool who let's religious sentiments blur his intellect

ur "God" Jehova is a god for your information

1 Like

Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by texanomaly(f): 9:35pm On May 27, 2015
1miccza:

*pulls her arm* you come down here

*Pulls back* Help!!!!!
Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by Holatunde007(m): 9:41pm On May 27, 2015
macof:

Another fool who let's religious sentiments blur his intellect

ur "God" Jehova is a god for your information
Old fool don't ever refer my God as a god, if u don't want thunder to do justice on you
Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by tomayira(f): 10:30pm On May 27, 2015
RickRichards:
I hate snakes.
With a passion.
Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by DaBullIT(m): 11:26pm On May 27, 2015
Keepshining:
No be kalahari na the footpath that leads to Shekau's house be that. ;DNo be kalahari na the footpath that leads to Shekau's house be that.

grin
Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by 1miccza: 11:50pm On May 27, 2015
texanomaly:

*Pulls back* Help!!!!!
No one's gonna help you now*lifts her off the ground
Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by Mcaise: 12:16am On May 28, 2015
A puff adder..

Now that SOB can drop 9 hefty men in less than a minute.

Steer clear!
Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by 190theclown: 7:52am On May 28, 2015
which one e be some say puff arder some say viper

one even say rattle snake which is it?
Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by coldHeat: 9:12am On May 28, 2015
nickyvil:

This type of viper snake don't grow longer than the pics your seeing..they are rear type slow to strike bt deadly. They hide under rocks or sound bt I doubt that the pics was taken from google cos I don't bliv it's his compound he even said he killed d snake with stone which there is no sign of stone hitting the stance on the head.

hmmn....i wonder who is deceiving who?
Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by macof(m): 1:23pm On May 28, 2015
Holatunde007:

Old fool don't ever refer my God as a god, if u don't want thunder to do justice on you
grin grin So your god would send thunder and lightening to me. Is he Sango or Thor or Amadioha?
Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by Holatunde007(m): 1:34pm On May 28, 2015
macof:

grin grin So your god would send thunder and lightening to me. Is he Sango or Thor or Amadioha?
A piece of ur brain should be able to comprehend that
Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by macof(m): 2:19pm On May 28, 2015
Holatunde007:

A piece of ur brain should be able to comprehend that

But you can't comprehend the meaning of the word "God" and how not to begin a noun with small letter hence writing "god" is wrong , people only do that out of religious bigotry
Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by Holatunde007(m): 2:41pm On May 28, 2015
macof:

But you can't comprehend the meaning of the word "God" and how not to begin a noun with small letter hence writing "god" is wrong , people only do that out of religious bigotry
Well its ur opinion, u can always refer ur own creator as god, I don't care
Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by texanomaly(f): 3:40pm On May 28, 2015
macof:

Leave it to you to turn a snake find into a religious discussion. tongue

Been a long time. How are you macof?
Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by macof(m): 3:52pm On May 28, 2015
texanomaly:

Leave it to you to turn a snake find into a religious discussion. tongue

Been a long time. How are you macof?

gringrin it's my calling tex, don't mess with the divine tongue

By the Spirits I'm doing well and you?
Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by texanomaly(f): 3:55pm On May 28, 2015
macof:

gringrin it's my calling tex, don't mess with the divine tongue

By the Spirits I'm doing well and you?

Smh... cheesy

I'm great! grin
Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by Nobody: 8:44pm On May 28, 2015
texanomaly:

shocked
*Runs screaming from thread*
running to where??
come back here jorrr
Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by texanomaly(f): 2:58am On May 29, 2015
changes1:

running to where??

come back here jorrr

Away from the snake! I am so afraid of snakes. All of them. Even the ones that are not poisonous. embarassed
Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by Nobody: 11:24am On May 29, 2015
texanomaly:

Away from the snake! I am so afraid of snakes. All of them. Even the ones that are not poisonous. embarassed

if you're afraid of snakes what animal would you love to see?
Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by texanomaly(f): 12:40pm On May 29, 2015
changes1:

if you're afraid of snakes what animal would you love to see?

Puppies
Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by macof(m): 1:51pm On May 29, 2015
texanomaly:

Smh... cheesy

I'm great! grin

I take it that you haven't seen any snakes lately cheesy
Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by texanomaly(f): 2:35pm On May 29, 2015
macof:

I take it that you haven't seen any snakes lately cheesy

You don't see snakes in the city much. When I go home I'm more likely to.
Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by Nobody: 3:22pm On May 29, 2015
texanomaly:

Puppies
come and collect. I have a puppy.
Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by texanomaly(f): 3:32pm On May 29, 2015
changes1:

come and collect. I have a puppy.

What kind of puppy?
Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by Nobody: 3:44pm On May 29, 2015
texanomaly:

What kind of puppy?
puppy na puppy na. besides u didn't specify the type u liked.
Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by texanomaly(f): 5:34pm On May 29, 2015
changes1:

puppy na puppy na. besides u didn't specify the type u liked.

True
Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by princy80(m): 11:11pm On Sep 16, 2015
op... which desert did u say u live in??
Re: Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? by jobgbemi(m): 8:21am On Jul 13, 2020
Well, I feel I should just clear you guys for learning purposes.

Python, anaconda and boa belong to the same family. They are constrictors. And we should not forget our culture. I'm disappointed seeing Yoruba people who don't know the difference between these reptiles.

Python is Ojola
Anaconda is Olufa
Boa is Ere.

They are non venomous and only attack by constricting their victim to death before swallowing.

Now, for the other ones.

Cobra is sebe ( Usually black with expanded head and spits too)

Adder is Oka

And Puff adder is monamona.

What we have here on this thread is monamona, puff adder. Puff adder is venomous but very shy in the day. Very slow in the day too. Most attacks in the day are results of stepping on it's tail unknowingly. However, this snake is very deadly at night and usually attack through the direction of light at night.

It's easier to kill in the day than at night.

Someone also said the snake is Paramole. No, its not.

I hope I clear something. Learning continues

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Drivers Rush To Grab Free ₦63m In Cash After Armored Truck's Door Opened Georgia / hohoho!!kwanu? / Excitement As Ice / Hailstones Fall In Ekiti State Today (Photos/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.