Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

The Biafran Church Takes Off In Sweden - New Era Begins ! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Biafran Church Takes Off In Sweden - New Era Begins ! (35024 Views)

Athlete Boos Nigeria To Represent Biafra At Stockholms Marathon In Sweden PHOTO / How Rotimi Amaechi Convinced Buhari To Wear A Suit During The Campaign Era / Buhari’s Anti-corruption War Takes Off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Biafran Church Takes Off In Sweden - New Era Begins ! by Coraje(m): 2:39pm On May 27, 2015
Form Biafra and u will definitely be wiped out! U guys should stop playing with fire. Settle down and let's make Nigeria work. We r more powerful together than divided. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: The Biafran Church Takes Off In Sweden - New Era Begins ! by Nobody: 2:41pm On May 27, 2015
aminaadamu:
“Biafra is our religion and on this radio station, is where we worship.” Those words which are beamed over the airwaves each day by Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, the host and director of Radio Biafra, is about to change. Biafrans, who up until now, did not have a physical venue apart from the radio station to worship, can now worship at a venue given to those who live in the Scandinavian country of Sweden.

While the Indigenous People Of Biafra (IPOB) members all around the world, welcome this generous act by the Swedish government, the establishment of a first ever Biafran Church, at least in this generation’s time, raises a litany – literally – of questions.

Biafrans are traditionally inclined to Abrahamic faiths and teachings which are expressly evident in their ways of life. They are among the few people in the world that circumcise their male sons on the 8th day. And by the names Biafran communities and people bear, they give praises to the most high Chukwuabiamah.

But with the arrival of the Christian missionaries together with the colonialists, who brought with them, their version of Christianity which Biafrans were made to embrace, the Christian faith has replaced the Abrahamic faith of old in Biafraland, albeit currently infused with Yoruba teachings and liturgy.

Should they copy Yoruba Pentecostalism or should they be modeled after synagogue meetings with a few tweaks here and there to suit our people?

So before the people in Sweden kick off their Saturday or Sunday meetings, how will the Biafran Church be organised? What will be the liturgy? Considering our history and tradition as people who naturally worship the one and only true Chukwuabiamah, the Chi ukwu of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, in what way are Biafrans going to praise him? Will they come into meetings with a full rock band-set as is wont to be found in Pentecostal churches or will they sing praises to him from old church hymns taken from various denominations?

The new Biafran Churches which will soon spring up are expected to have a liturgy and organisational structure that is the same across the board, no matter the location and should be such that when Biafra is restored and a temple is finally built, as the Biafran leader, Mazi Kanu states over the radio, all the churches will come under the direction of a central body in Biafraland. And to achieve that structure, priests/pastors/ministers have to receive necessary training. But for now, those who will minister the new church in Sweden and others which will likely spring up shortly, should have a basic training and an idea of what direction the church is going and should endeavor to observe to a reasonable extent church doctrines and teachings.

http://biafranchronicle.com/2015/05/11/how-will-the-biafran-church-be-organised/
lol
Re: The Biafran Church Takes Off In Sweden - New Era Begins ! by missKiffy(f): 2:46pm On May 27, 2015
Blackfire:
Madness or sense
Madness
Re: The Biafran Church Takes Off In Sweden - New Era Begins ! by zendy: 2:47pm On May 27, 2015
Arsenate:
igbos biggest delusion is believing other Nigerians will miss them when they leave....

Well going by history. The Igbos once left but you Nigerians fought for 3 long years to bring us back. I have no doubt in my mind that when we leave the second time, you Nigerians will do the same only this time,it will be a fight to the finish. These Igbos must really something out of this world for Nigeria to be committing huge resources and lives to keep us in Nigeria? As regards Church of Biafra,the idea isn't novelty. England has the Church of England or Anglican church so I don't see why Biafra can't have something along that line. I support freedom of religious expression however,getting Biafra for me is more important than the Church

6 Likes

Re: The Biafran Church Takes Off In Sweden - New Era Begins ! by cirmuell(m): 2:50pm On May 27, 2015
grin
Re: The Biafran Church Takes Off In Sweden - New Era Begins ! by MeandSum: 2:51pm On May 27, 2015
yeye people. I'm 100% sure the Swedish government has absolutely nothing to do with this "radio station".

Circumcision is nothing exclusive to the Ibos.
Re: The Biafran Church Takes Off In Sweden - New Era Begins ! by missKiffy(f): 2:52pm On May 27, 2015
goshen26:
Awon oponu
Awon ode aye ra ye
Re: The Biafran Church Takes Off In Sweden - New Era Begins ! by zendy: 2:52pm On May 27, 2015
Coraje:
Form Biafra and u will definitely be wiped out! U guys should stop playing with fire. Settle down and let's make Nigeria work. We r more powerful together than divided. A word is enough for the wise.

Theres no country called Nigeria and there is no such thing as a Nigerian. Nigeria is just an area in west Africa where a 'British trader' called Lord Lugard built a 'slave labour camp' and he called the slaves he managed to "corner" in to that camp 'Nigerians'.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Biafran Church Takes Off In Sweden - New Era Begins ! by Nobody: 2:55pm On May 27, 2015
WILL THIS PEOPLE EVER LEARN ANYTHING?
Re: The Biafran Church Takes Off In Sweden - New Era Begins ! by MeandSum: 3:00pm On May 27, 2015
zendy:

Well going by history. The Igbos once left but you Nigerians fought for 3 long years to bring us back. I have no doubt in my mind that when we leave the second time, you Nigerians will do the same only this time,it will be a fight to the finish. These Igbos must really something out of this world for Nigeria to be committing huge resources and lives to keep us in Nigeria? As regards Church of Biafra,the idea isn't novelty. England has the Church of England or Anglican church so I don't see why Biafra can't have something along that line. I support freedom of religious expression however,getting Biafra for me is more important than the Church

Nobody fought to bring you guys back. They fought to stop your barbaric soldiers from expanding their insanity.
Re: The Biafran Church Takes Off In Sweden - New Era Begins ! by Paschal55(m): 3:03pm On May 27, 2015
dickrider:
undecided

This biafran noise is treasonable. i hope buhari lock all biafran agents up and throw away they keys
That has been the wishful thinking of your miserable fathers, thou neva Come to pass... The down fall of a man is not the end of his life... BIAFRA SHALL RISE!!!

2 Likes

Re: The Biafran Church Takes Off In Sweden - New Era Begins ! by FLIXTRIMES: 3:13pm On May 27, 2015
And who cares they don't even exist in the minds of Nigerians just endless bogus claims and noise. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: The Biafran Church Takes Off In Sweden - New Era Begins ! by superstar1(m): 3:13pm On May 27, 2015
aminaadamu:

Should they copy Yoruba Pentecostalism or should they be modeled after synagogue meetings with a few tweaks here and there to suit our people?

/

must yoruba always come up in everything that concerns these chest beaters

1 Like

Re: The Biafran Church Takes Off In Sweden - New Era Begins ! by freshdude99(m): 3:22pm On May 27, 2015
ronald4lif:
What often amaze me is the fact most of these Biafran zionists are resident abroad, particularly in the West. How about you take your struggle to the door steps of Igboland?. You see them make incoherent, frivolous and unrealistic comments just to incite the good and hardworking Igbos against the Nigerian state because they won't be around to bear the brunt should their baseless assertion lead to a violent unrest. What does a Biafran church even mean?.

Please before Biafra warriors on NL come for my jugular I'm Igbo and a proud one.
Dude u have made ur point, quit saying u are Ibo and other trash that follow suit bcz it makes no sense instead whittles down the strength of ur points.

2 Likes

Re: The Biafran Church Takes Off In Sweden - New Era Begins ! by daclint(m): 3:23pm On May 27, 2015
CHUKWUABIAMA all the way

1 Like

Re: The Biafran Church Takes Off In Sweden - New Era Begins ! by Kizyte(m): 3:26pm On May 27, 2015
dickrider:
undecided

This biafran noise is treasonable. i hope buhari lock all biafran agents up and throw away they keys
Don't make me pray the Blood of Innocent Biafrans murdered to start to hunt you and your home!

2 Likes

Re: The Biafran Church Takes Off In Sweden - New Era Begins ! by backtosender: 3:39pm On May 27, 2015
Coraje:
u mean wipe out your dirty ass? you still dey fight common boko fot almost 10 yrs and u think lower niger country with sophisticated armories u can defeat... dont forget u have no back up power anymore...... britian will not support u this time around they will abandon u the way UK prime minister kept buhari outside 10 downing street for 2hrs......Russia KGB is behind biafra agitation the same KGB that supported and armed Isreal in 1947

2 Likes

Re: The Biafran Church Takes Off In Sweden - New Era Begins ! by wiseoneking: 3:46pm On May 27, 2015
MeandSum:
yeye people. I'm 100% sure the Swedish government has absolutely nothing to do with this "radio station".

Circumcision is nothing exclusive to the Ibos.
circumcision is nothing exclusive but 8th day is exclusive for the igbos and the Jews alone. there is no culture or traditional in the world that observe this on the 8th day. there are some recent scientific researches presently carried about doing it on the eight day. google and find out

5 Likes

Re: The Biafran Church Takes Off In Sweden - New Era Begins ! by Nobody: 3:58pm On May 27, 2015
aminaadamu:
“Biafra is our religion and on this radio station, is where we worship.” Those words which are beamed over the airwaves each day by Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, the host and director of Radio Biafra, is about to change. Biafrans, who up until now, did not have a physical venue apart from the radio station to worship, can now worship at a venue given to those who live in the Scandinavian country of Sweden.

While the Indigenous People Of Biafra (IPOB) members all around the world, welcome this generous act by the Swedish government, the establishment of a first ever Biafran Church, at least in this generation’s time, raises a litany – literally – of questions.

Biafrans are traditionally inclined to Abrahamic faiths and teachings which are expressly evident in their ways of life. They are among the few people in the world that circumcise their male sons on the 8th day. And by the names Biafran communities and people bear, they give praises to the most high Chukwuabiamah.

But with the arrival of the Christian missionaries together with the colonialists, who brought with them, their version of Christianity which Biafrans were made to embrace, the Christian faith has replaced the Abrahamic faith of old in Biafraland, albeit currently infused with Yoruba teachings and liturgy.

So before the people in Sweden kick off their Saturday or Sunday meetings, how will the Biafran Church be organised? What will be the liturgy? Considering our history and tradition as people who naturally worship the one and only true Chukwuabiamah, the Chi ukwu of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, in what way are Biafrans going to praise him? Will they come into meetings with a full rock band-set as is wont to be found in Pentecostal churches or will they sing praises to him from old church hymns taken from various denominations?

The new Biafran Churches which will soon spring up are expected to have a liturgy and organisational structure that is the same across the board, no matter the location and should be such that when Biafra is restored and a temple is finally built, as the Biafran leader, Mazi Kanu states over the radio, all the churches will come under the direction of a central body in Biafraland. And to achieve that structure, priests/pastors/ministers have to receive necessary training. But for now, those who will minister the new church in Sweden and others which will likely spring up shortly, should have a basic training and an idea of what direction the church is going and should endeavor to observe to a reasonable extent church doctrines and teachings.

http://biafranchronicle.com/2015/05/11/how-will-the-biafran-church-be-organised/
May CHUKWUOKIKE-ABIAMA be praised!!!

1 Like

Re: The Biafran Church Takes Off In Sweden - New Era Begins ! by Nobody: 4:05pm On May 27, 2015
dickrider:
undecided

For your information buhari is afraid that's why he traveled to discuss things with the british.

3 Likes

Re: The Biafran Church Takes Off In Sweden - New Era Begins ! by Nobody: 4:08pm On May 27, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Something should be done urgently about this radiobiafra nonsense, this is becoming too much and irritating.
Why are you among the people that cannot stand on the truth?

1 Like

Re: The Biafran Church Takes Off In Sweden - New Era Begins ! by Nobody: 4:12pm On May 27, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Are you sick
You are the one that is very very sick and I pity you for that!
Re: The Biafran Church Takes Off In Sweden - New Era Begins ! by Blackfire(m): 4:14pm On May 27, 2015
missKiffy:
Madness
u are on your own o, na u talk so o
Re: The Biafran Church Takes Off In Sweden - New Era Begins ! by Nobody: 4:17pm On May 27, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Something should be done urgently about this radiobiafra nonsense, this is becoming too much and irritating.
ha ha ha see para ohh! I just cant stop laughing! Well friendie, there is no stopping us now! We are leaving nigeria to go and serve our God. We have had enough of the hate, envy, killings and other evils pepertrated against us everyday in this contraption called nigeria! I see a change which apc cannot bringe, that change is biafra and it i already here and happening!

1 Like

Re: The Biafran Church Takes Off In Sweden - New Era Begins ! by Nobody: 4:23pm On May 27, 2015
splashbaby:
What you get when you have some clueless clowns behind a keyboard with lots of bandwidth in a foreign land...
And you are a bigger clueless clown behind a keyboard!! Must you comment?
Re: The Biafran Church Takes Off In Sweden - New Era Begins ! by Nobody: 4:29pm On May 27, 2015
Realconfo:
I don't understand why people who clearly don't like these people come against their plans everything they read about it. You should be encouraging them not telling them how it is a bad idea if you don't like them in the first place. Make up your mind, do you want them to go or stay? If Biafra really want to leave, I wish them success and Good luck.
where are those BUFFOONS that are against Biafra,come and read this wonderful piece that is from this wise lady.

1 Like

Re: The Biafran Church Takes Off In Sweden - New Era Begins ! by ronald4lif(m): 4:50pm On May 27, 2015
freshdude99:

Dude u have made ur point, quit saying u are Ibo and other trash that follow suit bcz it makes no sense instead whittles down the strength of ur points.

You failed to understand why I added I'm igbo in that disavowal. It was aim to assuage tribalistic sentiments and an obturation to those who might think I'm not Igbo for not leaning with the Biafran course. And they didn't disappoint as some of them have questioned my 'igbo' claim.

1 Like

Re: The Biafran Church Takes Off In Sweden - New Era Begins ! by mysteko(m): 4:53pm On May 27, 2015
TRIBALSTOOGE:
let everything become biafran .
we want our self back ,no negotiations .
arise o compatriots biafra call obey .

Even your anthem is not original. What a shame.
Re: The Biafran Church Takes Off In Sweden - New Era Begins ! by kingbasil: 4:56pm On May 27, 2015
Biafra from all indications was a model, she was a beacon of light to all who through the inadequacies of their political systems all over the world found themselves in somewhat a disadvantaged structure.

I know we as Biafrans have lost touch of what we were as a free state. But brothers and sisters, sons and daughter of CHUKWUABIAMA, the above bolded is what we are gunning for. It was and it is our duty to make it a reality Once again...
Re: The Biafran Church Takes Off In Sweden - New Era Begins ! by Nobody: 4:56pm On May 27, 2015
ekenedegreat:
Why are you among the people that cannot stand on the truth?

What type of preaching will emanate from the so-called Biafran church? The teaching that will continue to tell Igbos to hate other people and stockpile arms for an uprising right? Such can never be truth but darkness and I will never support such.
Re: The Biafran Church Takes Off In Sweden - New Era Begins ! by Nobody: 4:56pm On May 27, 2015
mysteko:

Mumu.. You still have to steal our anthem?? Confused set of people! Abeg when una go open Biafra Mosque and Biafra KFC.

grin grin grin grin grin is it my mumu neighbor from from the waste

or bokoo hell angels from the north ? grin grin grin
Re: The Biafran Church Takes Off In Sweden - New Era Begins ! by onlyson16(m): 5:02pm On May 27, 2015
arinze151:
gr8 news. Biafra newspaper is coming with biafra tv this weeked on 30th . I love my nation biafra!
my broda pls dont mention dat 30th cose da 30 de mystrouse just conceal it abeg

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Osinbajo: Don’t Be Distracted By Yahoo Boys, They Will Go To Jail / CNN Insult: Public Health Nigeria Launches Poll On President Buhari's Health / Armed Forces Hold Parade For Pres. Tinubu On His Return To Nigeria (pics/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.