Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,277 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes (38479 Views)

Apc's Bayelsa Governorship Candidate Timipre Sylva Distributing Alcohol(Video) / Gunmen Kidnap Timipre Sylva's Running-Mate's Mother / Aisha Buhari’s Inauguration Wristwatch Cost £34,500 (N10, 453,000)-BreakingTimes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by philips70(m): 11:28am On May 27, 2015
Another one from the stables of distressed children of multiple anger.

Tending to believe Seun must have hands off Nairaland to these hate kids. Not getting stipends for good 4 years must be really too much to bear.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by Nobody: 11:30am On May 27, 2015
We can argue this for ages without reaching a compromise. We all question the rational behind using Keyamo to do EFCC case(s) and not just Sylva alone. Does that justify Buhari to stop the wheel when he once said he won't interfere?
PassingShot:

Guy, you're acting incoherent really.

Firstly, the news is very doubtful because of the source.

Secondly, it doesn't make sense that Buhari will order Keyamo out of the case because, as reported in the article "keyamo will prosecute him successfully" as if Keyamo is the only lawyer that can prosecute successfully - dumb reasoning.

If Buhari really wanted Sylva off the hook, will it not be easier for him to send signal to keyamo for favourable outcome for Sylva than asking him to step down from the case? Surely it is easier for Sylva to get a good outcome (if Buhari gets involved) with Keyamo on the case than any other neutral lawyer.

Thirdly, PDP and you guys were condemning EFCC for allowing Keyamo to continue with the case. Now that the blackmailing has succeeded, and keyamo off the case, is it not a desirable position for PDP/TANoids since a more neutral lawyer can handle the case? Instead, you guys still cry foul!

Lastly, what will you guys prefer? Keyamo or no Keyamo?
Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by GbengaJimoh(m): 11:34am On May 27, 2015
Jklue007:
BUHARI my HERO!
AMEACHI my ROLE MODEL!!
FASHOLA my GUY!!!
You can never be Temitemi1
Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by Reptyle(m): 11:41am On May 27, 2015
Keyamo was prosecuting the case on behalf of the federal government. Now that power is changing hands to the APC, anyone with a bit of common sense should know that in line with best practice and ethics, Keyamo, who is a card carrying member of the APC cannot continue to prosecute the case against Timipre Silva who is also an APC member.

I guess common sense isn't so common these days....even among people who should know better.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by PassingShot(m): 11:43am On May 27, 2015
barcanista:
We can argue this for ages without reaching a compromise. We all question the rational behind using Keyamo to do EFCC case(s) and not just Sylva alone. Does that justify Buhari to stop the wheel when he once said he won't interfere?

Asking the bold will suggest that you even believe that fake news.

Again, there isn't any sense in Buhari wanting Keyamo out of the case for a favourable outcome because it is easier to get same outcome with Keyamo staying put.

Critical reasoning brother. Remember your Logic 101. GST 101. GNS 101. grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by free13: 11:43am On May 27, 2015
But why?
Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by coldFLARES1(m): 11:44am On May 27, 2015
barcanista:
He is not seen as an APC member, he's actually an APC member. Because we queried GEJ use of Keyamo doesn not justify the conflict of interest by Buhari. We aren't dumb to know that Buhari did what he did so as to get Sylva off the hook and not for justice sake(assuming the report is true)

*Note the words in bracket*
Can you honestly tell me that a card-carrying PDP member cannot secure a conviction in this case should he be sufficiently debriefed? For me, it would have been more suspect if Keyamo continued with this trial, as an APC chieftain, and eventually loses compared with disqualifying himself from further prosecuting the case for undisclosed reasons. Being in opposition is respectable, but please apply a decent measure of objectivity.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by temitemi1(m): 11:45am On May 27, 2015
Apc... CHANGE!!! grin grin grin. GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my ROLE MODEL!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by Reptyle(m): 11:47am On May 27, 2015
barcanista:

....and you know for sure that it was Buhari that "stopped the wheel when he once said he won't interfere" because a faceless and nameless "senior official of the APC" was quoted by "breakingtimes" on Nairaland?

Dude, putting aside the need to pander to the interest of your current political leaning, does the Buhari that you claimed you knew and used to passionately support strike you like the kind of person that would give such an order?

Haba guy!!! embarassed

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by Nobody: 11:48am On May 27, 2015
coldFLARES1:
Can you honestly tell me that a card-carrying PDP member cannot secure a conviction in this case should he be sufficiently debriefed? For me, it would have been more suspect if Keyamo continued with this trial, as an APC chieftain, and eventually loses compared with disqualifying himself from further prosecuting the case for undisclosed reasons. Being in opposition is respectable, but please apply a decent measure of objectivity.
I have nothing against GMB. In cases like this there is always conflict of interest most times. Looking at Keyamo, he is yet to secure any major conviction since working for EFCC. What does that tell you?
Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by cobsol(m): 11:50am On May 27, 2015
Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by smsdigito: 11:53am On May 27, 2015
Mogidi:

http://www.thebreakingtimes.com/corruption-buhari-orders-keyamo-to-step-down-from-prosecuting-timipre-sylva/

If this story is true, then it is a scaring situation, to think that a man who is widely acclaimed as the face of integrity, the hope of the common man just to start on this footing. Where will the internal conscience and energy come from to fight corruption when he will begin killing some corruption cases just for his own selfish reasons?
I pray it shouldn't be true pls.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by Nobody: 11:53am On May 27, 2015
Reptyle:

....and you know for sure that it was Buhari that "stopped the wheel when he once said he won't interfere" because a faceless and nameless "senior official of the APC" was quoted by "breakingtimes" on Nairaland?

Dude, putting aside the need to pander to the interest of your current political leaning, does the Buhari that you claimed you knew and used to passionately support strike you like the kind of person that would give such an order?

Haba guy!!! embarassed
Actually, politicians can be sometimes unpredictable. I never for once expected Buhari to go against his own words by aligning with corrupt element and even got them sponsor him in 2015. Anyway, I don't normally act according to a "source", so I will neither accept nor discard the report. Time will tell
Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by ndcide(m): 11:54am On May 27, 2015
socialmediaman:
This story is to be taken for what it is: mere propaganda. It was PDP who were speculating that Festus Keyamo was an APC sympathizer and should not be prosecuting a case involving an APC party member.

PDP speculating?

Keyamo contested for Senate under the platform of APC in delta state.

Sure, you know the truth
Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by Nobody: 11:55am On May 27, 2015
If Buhari wants to sincerely fight corruption,he must start from the enemies within,which are in his party apc. Buhari is surrounded by corrupt people who were old pdp members and also apc. Buhari should not be selective by prosecuting only his enemies and neglecting those around him;Nigerians are watching and waiting.
Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by ogene007: 11:57am On May 27, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
and tell his enemy not to commit crime.because his enemy is d problem of nigeria,they don't like good things,they don't like 'change', if his enemy stop to commit crime,nigeria wil be better
And what of his friends who are corruption kingpins? Be reminded that he who most come to equity most do so with clean hands. Any attempt by GMB to carry out selective fight against corruption will render the whole process useless.
Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by dumodust(m): 11:59am On May 27, 2015
socialmediaman:
This story is to be taken for what it is: mere propaganda. It was PDP who were speculating that Festus Keyamo was an APC sympathizer and should not be prosecuting a case involving an APC party member.
What's your point exactly? Keyamo is actually an apc member and not mere sympathiser... he once participated in apc senatorial primaries I guess, in delta state... check
he may have withdrawn because of conflict of interest
Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by apeoyemojo: 12:02pm On May 27, 2015
socialmediaman:
And did Keyamo not contest for a senatorial seat under the APC in Delta state?
Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by socialmediaman: 12:04pm On May 27, 2015
dumodust:

What's your point exactly? Keyamo is actually an apc member and not mere sympathiser... he once participated in apc senatorial primaries I guess, in delta state... check
he may have withdrawn because of conflict of interest

Yes, being an APC party member, he decided to step down because PDP was already raising eyebrows over it. So why are the PDP guys protesting again that he stepped down?
Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by Nobody: 12:04pm On May 27, 2015
PassingShot:

Asking the bold will suggest that you even believe that fake news.

Again, there isn't any sense in Buhari wanting Keyamo out of the case for a favourable outcome because it is easier to get same outcome with Keyamo staying put.

Critical reasoning brother. Remember your Logic 101. GST 101. GNS 101. grin
Well, this case is a test of gmb's anti-corruption crusade. I wish him well
Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by anwe: 12:06pm On May 27, 2015
Is this the change Nigerians fought for ?
Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by McISRAEL(m): 12:06pm On May 27, 2015
When a Nigerian Newspaper wants to sell a propaganda, they say, "an inside source who spoke on condition of anonymity..."

No be only anonymity, Na anomalous.

Na only #PremiumTimes inside source dey reliable, at least for now.
Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by phransix147(m): 12:14pm On May 27, 2015
Mogidi:

Buhari would fight his enemies not corruption, quote me any day.
So long corrupt people are his enemies, no problem!
Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by PassingShot(m): 12:16pm On May 27, 2015
barcanista:
Well, this case is a test of gmb's anti-corruption crusade. I wish him well
Not only this one. It includes all pending corruption cases in courts/EFCC/ICPC.

He cannot afford to fail in this area for his electoral success was mainly brought about by the fight against corruption promise.
Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by godwin120alex: 12:33pm On May 27, 2015
It shall tell if ?
Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by coldFLARES1(m): 12:35pm On May 27, 2015
barcanista:
I have nothing against GMB. In cases like this there is always conflict of interest most times. Looking at Keyamo, he is yet to secure any major conviction since working for EFCC. What does that tell you?
U may have to tell some other folk about having nothing against GMB, as no veneer has been effective enough in concealing your meat against him. Talking about conflict of interest, I could recall my exasperation at hearing that Keyamo was lead prosecuting counsel in EFCC's case against Sylva during his re-arraignment and a number of forumites also attest to your opposition to such brief. So, what then is dishonorable in withdrawing from the case? On Keyamo's inability to secure a high-profile conviction, I honestly donno! Maybe, it's due to lapses in our justice system or interference from the boss to whom 'stealing is not corruption' or incompetence on his part.
Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by Nobody: 12:40pm On May 27, 2015
But buhari isn't president yet, can't see why he should give such an order.
Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by Nobody: 12:45pm On May 27, 2015
Keyamo is an APC Chief. I questioned the rationale behind EFCC use of him as their leading lawyer under a PDP government considering his partisanship. Now the PDP is in the opposition, why is Keyamo backing out now? Is it sane for Buhari to hire a PDP Chief to do such a job? Someone that openly castigate you? Won't there be deliberate sabotage, incompetency and stuff?
coldFLARES1:
U may have to tell some other folk about having nothing against GMB, as no veneer has been effective enough in concealing your meat against him. Talking about conflict of interest, I could recall my exasperation at hearing that Keyamo was lead prosecuting counsel in EFCC's case against Sylva during his re-arraignment and a number of forumites also attest to your opposition to such brief. So, what then is dishonorable in withdrawing from the case? On Keyamo's inability to secure a high-profile conviction, I honestly donno! Maybe, it's due to lapses in our justice system or interference from the boss to whom 'stealing is not corruption' or incompetence on his part.
Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by abubkhr: 12:45pm On May 27, 2015
@OP your source said it all Breakingtimes indeed. You expect people to believe this news? Find something reasonable to post pls
Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by Okwyjesus(m): 12:45pm On May 27, 2015
Mr Integrity my foot.
Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by Pataki: 12:48pm On May 27, 2015
These are the kind of useless news articles that Iya Guguru needs to wrap her epa and guguru products.

No be only breakingtimes.....na assemblytimes.

Foolishness.
Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by Forwetinnah: 12:55pm On May 27, 2015
Mr Intergrity. .what a shameless man, but then again what should we expect from an old fossil who said Abacha never stole. Spits***

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Assets Declaration Documents Detail Bukola Saraki’s Theft And Looting (PHOTOS) / How Abubakar Rimi Deposed Emir Of Kano & Appointed Emirs (Throwback) / Dangote Meets Tinubu And Ambode In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.