Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,073 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

We Deceived Nigerians, Nothing Like SURE-P Fund – Gov. Aliyu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Deceived Nigerians, Nothing Like SURE-P Fund – Gov. Aliyu (52338 Views)

We Deceived Nigerians, There Was Nothing Like SURE-P Fund” – Gov. Aliyu / Office Of The "First Lady": How Buhari Deceived Nigerians / Gov. Aliyu Of Niger State Loses Senate Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Deceived Nigerians, Nothing Like SURE-P Fund – Gov. Aliyu by Realdeals(m): 12:10pm On May 27, 2015
Niger State Governor, Babangida Aliyu, on Tuesday maintained that fuel subsidy is a major source of corruption in the country.

Aliyu added that funds believed to be coming from SURE-P are actually from the federation account.

The governor said this in Minna at the inauguration of a three-star hotel constructed jointly by the Niger State Development Company Limited and the State SURE-P.

He believed that a total removal of subsidy from petroleum products by the Federal Government remains the best solution to stop the endemic corruption in the system.

Aliyu said, “I have been vindicated. When some years back I took a principled position as one of the few governors who said ‘remove fuel subsidy’. It is a cartel for corruption.

“Many people did not understand that time, some publicists didn’t agree with me. They said ‘don’t remove it, it is the common man that will suffer’, but I said ‘which common man, when already the time you are talking about subsidy, the common man goes to buy it triple the price, that you call subsidy’.

“Earlier, we deceived ourselves that there was SURE-P money, but it was the money from our federation account that they were giving to us as SURE-P fund. But we are happy, at least they have set that aside. For me, you will remember when I said ‘remove fuel subsidy’, they burnt my town. People were imported from outside to burn Minna.

“There is no government out there, you are the government. Anything that is done, is for your welfare, own it, take it and don’t allow somebody to come and reduce you and make you a pauper and then he will go back to his village and start sinking things. Own what is yours. Government is not all about the officials alone.

“Therefore, I ask, subsidy for whom? In the whole of Niger State at that time, even the government’s fuel station were not selling at the subsidised rate. Yes, they were selling lower than the commercial filling stations, but they are also above the subsidised rate.

“Why were we having the problems? It is because those who have been enjoying the subsidy have seen the sign that it may be removed and they are afraid. Subsidy is a cartel for corruption.

“People must know how their resources are being expended. I kept crying that we could not rely on the oil revenue. Now, the truth has come in our own time. I thought we will leave the scene before the crash, but the crash has come.

“The removal of fuel subsidy will also ensure the activities of ‘mafias’ in the oil business are stopped while also guaranteeing regular supply of the product in all parts of the country.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/fuel-subsidy-breeds-corruption-remove-it-aliyu/

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Deceived Nigerians, Nothing Like SURE-P Fund – Gov. Aliyu by Realdeals(m): 12:10pm On May 27, 2015
The truth is gradually coming out

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Deceived Nigerians, Nothing Like SURE-P Fund – Gov. Aliyu by Ngoziada592: 12:11pm On May 27, 2015
Mods front page. Many have said it's fraud, the money wasnt used for what it was stipulated for

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Deceived Nigerians, Nothing Like SURE-P Fund – Gov. Aliyu by DaBullIT(m): 12:26pm On May 27, 2015
Bbarcanista , This was one of your arguments , come and defend PDP o

Theres nothing like sure P or even subsidy

The breeze of change is finally blowing the truth out ,

Soon, Very soon, we will hear how Professor Jolepon got his Degree grin grin grin

191 Likes 10 Shares

Re: We Deceived Nigerians, Nothing Like SURE-P Fund – Gov. Aliyu by gebest: 12:36pm On May 27, 2015
And u think u people will go unpurnished abi? Lets wait and see.

3 Likes

Re: We Deceived Nigerians, Nothing Like SURE-P Fund – Gov. Aliyu by lekkie073(m): 12:42pm On May 27, 2015
....so okonjo-iweala has been right all along......

#remove the fuel subsidy.... cool

But PDP's opposition criticised the move...

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: We Deceived Nigerians, Nothing Like SURE-P Fund – Gov. Aliyu by JingoOAU(m): 12:44pm On May 27, 2015
This country has gone to the dogs

What was he waiting for before saying this

PDP and all what it represents is a scam

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Deceived Nigerians, Nothing Like SURE-P Fund – Gov. Aliyu by MugabeRobert: 12:48pm On May 27, 2015
PDP = People Deceiving People

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Deceived Nigerians, Nothing Like SURE-P Fund – Gov. Aliyu by Bright4(m): 12:50pm On May 27, 2015
We all aware of that, SURE-P was created to channel our money to set of people and running PDP party.
Prove! How many common man benefited frm it?
Where are the sure-p buses today?
Now that the game is over, they re telling us the truths.
More truths unfolding

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Deceived Nigerians, Nothing Like SURE-P Fund – Gov. Aliyu by Etruth: 12:51pm On May 27, 2015
Hiohiohiohio hehehehehehehe.....In OBJ's Voice....I jus dey laff. Its only a matter of days, heck hours and the new Sheriff will arrive the scene . Some PDP folks would actually be envying Buruji Kashamu. Heads gonna roooooolllllllllll. @ Babangida, only d foolish an gullible ones who don't ask questions were deceived. I NEVER believed anything in Jona's govt. Its all a BIG scam. I'm sure I have spoken for many enlightened Nigerians.

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Deceived Nigerians, Nothing Like SURE-P Fund – Gov. Aliyu by HopeAtHand: 12:53pm On May 27, 2015
One thing Buharis govt should do is to unearth the many economic evils and lies told the masses by Jonathans administration.

If Buhari can follow the unearthings by prosecution, he would have carved his name in gold.

What a country with deeply institutionalised corruption.

24 Likes

Re: We Deceived Nigerians, Nothing Like SURE-P Fund – Gov. Aliyu by Realdeals(m): 12:55pm On May 27, 2015
lekkie073:
....so okonjo-iweala has been right all along......

#remove the fuel subsidy.... cool

But PDP's opposition criticised the move...

Don't be deceived, subsidy is a scam setup by the government

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Deceived Nigerians, Nothing Like SURE-P Fund – Gov. Aliyu by RockMaxi: 1:03pm On May 27, 2015

Where are those mofos telling us we should continue with PDP
GEJ definitely is the one that lacks the
will to move this nation ahead from what it uses
to be even with his so called Ph.D.

GEJ came up with heavy blow on the
masses on the very first day of the year in 2012
with a sh i t load of failed promises and want to
force this scam of subsidy on us yet it was during his own tenure that the subsidy payment skyrocketed.

Wait oo, so if Buhari didn't maintain his stand against this scam that is how we would have continue this scam but the main issue now is all APC governors also knew about this SURE-P scam and kept quiet.

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Deceived Nigerians, Nothing Like SURE-P Fund – Gov. Aliyu by philips70(m): 1:12pm On May 27, 2015
MugabeRobert:
PDP = People Deceiving People

Heard they want to change it to PSP in the reorganisation.

People Scamming People

41 Likes

Re: We Deceived Nigerians, Nothing Like SURE-P Fund – Gov. Aliyu by eazzy101(m): 1:18pm On May 27, 2015
Babangida stop talking nonsense wen are the people dat share the money....as u know say jail dey wait for u...u don dey form good face.
Re: We Deceived Nigerians, Nothing Like SURE-P Fund – Gov. Aliyu by thelastmediator: 1:26pm On May 27, 2015
The days ahead is going to be interesting. We are watching with keen interest. We need names...

4 Likes

Re: We Deceived Nigerians, Nothing Like SURE-P Fund – Gov. Aliyu by Nobody: 1:33pm On May 27, 2015
Lousy governors usually have a problem with the Presidency...
Re: We Deceived Nigerians, Nothing Like SURE-P Fund – Gov. Aliyu by Nobody: 1:33pm On May 27, 2015
Now that he lost his election, he is singing like a canary.

7 Likes

Re: We Deceived Nigerians, Nothing Like SURE-P Fund – Gov. Aliyu by asumo12: 1:33pm On May 27, 2015
angry angry angry
Re: We Deceived Nigerians, Nothing Like SURE-P Fund – Gov. Aliyu by tiamiyukunle69(m): 1:33pm On May 27, 2015
Really
I have said it before and I will say it again, Nigerians will know the real truth after May 29. Fingers crossed till then

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Deceived Nigerians, Nothing Like SURE-P Fund – Gov. Aliyu by baybeeboi: 1:33pm On May 27, 2015
hehe!

After choring the money.

Hehe!
Re: We Deceived Nigerians, Nothing Like SURE-P Fund – Gov. Aliyu by Sunnycliff(m): 1:34pm On May 27, 2015
Thunder wey go fire all of you bunch of decievers and betrayers is still gathering momentum from Mars!

7 Likes

Re: We Deceived Nigerians, Nothing Like SURE-P Fund – Gov. Aliyu by lordtech(m): 1:34pm On May 27, 2015
Hehehe grin
Re: We Deceived Nigerians, Nothing Like SURE-P Fund – Gov. Aliyu by Nobody: 1:34pm On May 27, 2015
continue
Re: We Deceived Nigerians, Nothing Like SURE-P Fund – Gov. Aliyu by philosopherking(m): 1:34pm On May 27, 2015
I smell sumone is abaot to decamp

1 Like

Re: We Deceived Nigerians, Nothing Like SURE-P Fund – Gov. Aliyu by richidinho(m): 1:34pm On May 27, 2015
D
Re: We Deceived Nigerians, Nothing Like SURE-P Fund – Gov. Aliyu by themilanway(m): 1:35pm On May 27, 2015
PDP spin doctors where are thou?

Ogidi
Barcanista
Pa Chukwudi
Severe-Anus

Food don done grin grin grin grin

*Playing O_set by Psquare*

25 Likes

Re: We Deceived Nigerians, Nothing Like SURE-P Fund – Gov. Aliyu by idithlove(f): 1:35pm On May 27, 2015
Lies everywia
Re: We Deceived Nigerians, Nothing Like SURE-P Fund – Gov. Aliyu by joeikp(m): 1:36pm On May 27, 2015
God is watching all of u
Re: We Deceived Nigerians, Nothing Like SURE-P Fund – Gov. Aliyu by PassingShot(m): 1:36pm On May 27, 2015
We have long known the scam called SURE P?
Re: We Deceived Nigerians, Nothing Like SURE-P Fund – Gov. Aliyu by aare07(m): 1:36pm On May 27, 2015
Ha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fela Durotoye Under Serious Prayer With Family As He Awaits Result (pics) / Boko Haram's Sex Enhancing Drugs Seized By Army (photos) / Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.