Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,046 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Buhari Will Endorse Gay Rights In Nigeria In Exchange For Western Funds - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Will Endorse Gay Rights In Nigeria In Exchange For Western Funds (2639 Views)

Buhari Will Go Back To UK In Few Weeks Time For Follow-Up Treatment -SR / “human Rights Watch” Ask Obama To Make Buhari Endorse Gay Rights. / "Human Rights Watch" Ask Obama To Make Buhari Endorse Gay Rights (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Will Endorse Gay Rights In Nigeria In Exchange For Western Funds by chiedu7: 1:32pm On May 28, 2015
Femi Fani-Kayode, spokesperson of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP presidential campaign organization has accused Muhammadu Buhari, presidential candidate of the All Progressive Congress, APC of planing to repeal Nigeria's anti-gay law in exchange for funding from western governments.

Fani-Kayode made the claim during a press conference in Abuja, he said, ''The second issue we want to touch on today is the shameful proposition that was made to General Muhammadu Buhari by the representatives of a number of western governments when he was in the United Kingdom for a prolonged stay. He had appealed to them for support and to get their endorsement. He had talks with the representatives of at least four western countries. The leaders of those countries made an offer to General Muhammadu Buhari and we are reliably informed that he has put the offer under consideration''.

''The proposition and offer was that if he was prepared to support legislation in Nigeria to allow same sex marriage and if he was prepared to repeal the anti-gay laws in Nigeria they will, in return, endorse, support and fund him, initially covertly and eventually publicly, at the right time''.

''Instead of outrightly rejecting these offers and spurning this proposition, to our utter shock and consternation, General Buhari apparently refused to rule it out and has put the matter under consideration. Instead of him to say NO he assured them that he would consider these two things. We believe that this is a matter that ought to be brought to the attention of the Nigerian people as a matter of urgency. The APC are so desperate to ensuring that General Buhari becomes the President of this country that they are actually prepared to consider the scrapping of all anti-gay or anti-homosexual legislations and at the same time, endorsing and supporting fresh legislation that would allow same sex marriage in our country. They are considering this despite the fact that the overwhelming majority of the Nigerian people find same sex marriage and, indeed, homosexuality repugnant and unacceptable''.

''We are using this occasion to challenge General Buhari to come clean and to tell the Nigerian people whether this is true and whether, in the unlikely event of his being elected President, he is seriously considering scrapping the anti-homosexual laws in our country and pushing through new legislation which would allow same sex marriage''.

http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/buhari-will-endorse-gay-rights-in-nigeria-in-exchange-for-western-funds-fani-kayode.108845/

This should not surprise anybody , because we are in end times.

Many Nigerians have started warming up to homosexuality
Re: Buhari Will Endorse Gay Rights In Nigeria In Exchange For Western Funds by shakazuldadon: 1:34pm On May 28, 2015
His fellow Muslims will kpai him first if he tries it.

But ffk made d statement so it's rubbish...
Re: Buhari Will Endorse Gay Rights In Nigeria In Exchange For Western Funds by egift(m): 1:36pm On May 28, 2015
TANiods your lies have no bearing in the scheme of things. Am glad you guys started early, gullible folks may have mistake it for genuine criticisms if you started later.

Don't worry, Buhari will clear Jonathan's mess and PDP's underdevelopment.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Endorse Gay Rights In Nigeria In Exchange For Western Funds by Leopantro: 1:49pm On May 28, 2015
We are also using this occasion to challenge Femi Fani-Kayode to come clean and to tell the Nigerian people if he still suffers from syphilitic brain damage as evidenced by the constant love of talking and explosive oral diarrhea producing rubbish. If, sadly, this is the best he can do, rest assured that the highest room at yaba left with the best view is being prepared for him, complete with pictures of Bianca.

Chicken who's head has been cut off and doesn't know that he is dead is still running around.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Endorse Gay Rights In Nigeria In Exchange For Western Funds by cjrane: 1:51pm On May 28, 2015
Wow! So man can do man in Buhari government?
Our women will soon complain that not enough men want to service them grin
Re: Buhari Will Endorse Gay Rights In Nigeria In Exchange For Western Funds by Nobody: 1:53pm On May 28, 2015
Are you more human than a homosexual?

I doubt the news is authentic.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Endorse Gay Rights In Nigeria In Exchange For Western Funds by SLIDEwaxie(m): 1:54pm On May 28, 2015
grin

so, na u, ordinary parrot dem come tell the secret of the meeting wey dem have abi?

this shiet is funny men

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Endorse Gay Rights In Nigeria In Exchange For Western Funds by mperoakeem(m): 1:55pm On May 28, 2015
so this parrot still dey alive....

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Endorse Gay Rights In Nigeria In Exchange For Western Funds by Idrismusty97(m): 2:00pm On May 28, 2015
The western fund would be more useful to your miserable self and generation if true. How as the gay law even impacted your life? We should be more concerned about the rising statistics of rapist than what two adults decide to do. Or as any gay forcefully drill your anus? We already have the "No same sex marriage" law for ages anyway before the the Jonathan adminstration decides to make a fuss over it probably to gain votes from the overwhelming Muslim and Christians population that are against homosexualilty.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Endorse Gay Rights In Nigeria In Exchange For Western Funds by davodyguy: 2:00pm On May 28, 2015
All of you commenting on this thread are outdated.

This statement was made by FFK sometime in March 2015 when the election was postponed.
Its and old news

Jonathan accuses Buhari of gay pledge to world powers over election
March 11, 2015 Adebayo Hassan http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/178311-jonathan-accuses-buhari-of-gay-pledge-to-world-powers-over-election.html
Re: Buhari Will Endorse Gay Rights In Nigeria In Exchange For Western Funds by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 28, 2015
Ok let's look at dis objectively. Without a biased mind. If two adults of opposite sex consent to love making and marriage thereafter, wat crime have dey committed. Ok, then if a man rapes a woman, clearly d woman didn't consent to it. Dats a crime. Moving on. Two adults of same sex consent to love making and marriage thereafter, clearly I dnt see any crime in this. Unless ofcourse it was done publicly or without d consent of d other(rape). until Africa removes all forms of religious sentiments or bigotry, it won't progress. We should learn to reason things objectively sometimes. Cos we all as human beings are entitled to fundamental rights to life, privacy and association. D anti-gay law infringes on these rights. Too sad. We claim to be too religious. Basically no Nigerian knows anything about religion. Just dogmas. Who brought Christianity or Islam to us, is it nt same Westerners. Are they being less religious by allowing such things. We Africans wallow in ignorance and we are proud of it. Smh. I am no gay, or gay activist. I speak d truth and nothing but d truth. D anti gay law is just a smokescreen to massage ur ego and further loot us. Knowing fully well dat d existence of d law or non existence of d law makes no meaning to good governance. Just sentiments. Well, its non of my business.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Will Endorse Gay Rights In Nigeria In Exchange For Western Funds by PassingShot(m): 2:28pm On May 28, 2015
BUHARIWILLWIN:
Ok let's look at dis objectively. Without a biased mind. If two adults of opposite sex consent to love making and marriage thereafter, wat crime have dey committed. Ok, then if a man rapes a women, clearly d women didn't consent to it. Dats a crime. Moving on. Two adults of same sex consent to love making and marriage thereafter, clearly I dnt see any crime in this. Unless ofcourse it was done privately or without d consent of d other(rape) until Africa removes all forms of religious sentiments or bigotry, it won't progress. We should learn to reason things objectively sometimes. Cos we all as human beings are entitled to fundamental rights to life, privacy and association. D anti-gay law infringes on these rights. Too sad. We claim to be too religious. Basically no Nigerian knows anything about religion. Just dogmas. Who brought Christianity or Islam to us, is it nt same Westerners. Are they being less religious by allowing such things. We Africans wallow in ignorance and we are proud of it. Smh. I am no gay, or gay activist. I speak d truth and nothing but d truth. D anti gay law is just a smokescreen to massage ur ego and further loot us. Knowing fully well dat d existence of d law or non existence of d law makes no meaning to good governance. Just sentiments. Well, its non of my business.
Gay marriage is completely against our culture and must not be endorsed by anyone.

To take a national position, let there be a referendum.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Endorse Gay Rights In Nigeria In Exchange For Western Funds by arbitter: 2:36pm On May 28, 2015
In what Planet will anyone give you Funds just to allow Gays to do their thing ? That was the stupidest attempt at a Propaganda ever!

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Endorse Gay Rights In Nigeria In Exchange For Western Funds by Nobody: 2:46pm On May 28, 2015
PassingShot:

Gay marriage is completely against our culture and must not be endorsed by anyone.

a referendum u say. Dis is sentimental politics bro. U are an ardent supporter of d general and for instance he unmakes d law. Wat will be ur stance. Will u suddenly leave him and start criticizing him cos our culture abhors d gay law? Will you throw all these jabs at him like we all do to jona, all in d name of culture? There should also be death sentence to adulterers, fornicators and d rest cos our culture abhors dat. Then I will know dat Nigeria is a church and d president is culture custodian abi Ifa priest. Answer my questions sha.
Re: Buhari Will Endorse Gay Rights In Nigeria In Exchange For Western Funds by Mamaflex(f): 2:49pm On May 28, 2015
Mtcheew. Imaginary claims.
Re: Buhari Will Endorse Gay Rights In Nigeria In Exchange For Western Funds by PassingShot(m): 2:55pm On May 28, 2015
BUHARIWILLWIN:
a referendum u say. Dis is sentimental politics bro. U are an ardent supporter of d general and for instance he unmakes d law. Wat will be ur stance. Will u suddenly leave him and start criticizing him cos our culture abhors d gay law? Will you throw all these jabs at him like we all do to jona, all in d name of culture? There should also be death sentence to adulterers, fornicators and d rest cos our culture abhors dat. Then I will know dat Nigeria is a church and d president is culture custodian abi Ifa priest. Answer my questions sha.
You're really funny indeed!

So, because I am an ardent supporter of PMB, I have to support everything he does or says irrespective of making sense or not! If I do that, I will not be different from someone who is blinded by bigotry.

Fyi, NOTHING will make me support gay marriage or make me not to criticize Buhari if he chooses to allow it without conducting a referendum on it first. We cannot follow the western world blindly and destroy our values in the process.
Re: Buhari Will Endorse Gay Rights In Nigeria In Exchange For Western Funds by MugabeRobert: 3:05pm On May 28, 2015
But the same toad told us Buhari will implement Sharia law. FFK is suffering from multiple personality disorder.
Re: Buhari Will Endorse Gay Rights In Nigeria In Exchange For Western Funds by locosis007(m): 3:07pm On May 28, 2015
FFK is a cracker and dopey. he shed be ignored. Buhari dt didn't borrow moni from IMF will now endorse Gay right cos of money. Gosh FFK is a waste
Re: Buhari Will Endorse Gay Rights In Nigeria In Exchange For Western Funds by Muyogoa: 3:22pm On May 28, 2015
If Buhari approve such, it is umbrella we go use play am away like golf coming 2019
Re: Buhari Will Endorse Gay Rights In Nigeria In Exchange For Western Funds by Nobody: 4:07pm On May 28, 2015
Gay right is welcomed. They are human/Nigerians too.
Re: Buhari Will Endorse Gay Rights In Nigeria In Exchange For Western Funds by modhream: 4:22pm On May 28, 2015
PassingShot:

No reasonable human being advocates a referendum on fundamental human rights already guaranteed by the Constitution,it is your own right too.The right to life,privacy and association.
I don't think you or I will witness any gay marriage performed in Nigeria in our lifetime,haven't even heard them advocate it,but their rights need to be respected and upheld though,same as ours.Live and let live
Btw,culture is dynamic n changes with the times.What you call culture today is not what your great-great-grandfather experienced in his own day,bear that in mind.
Re: Buhari Will Endorse Gay Rights In Nigeria In Exchange For Western Funds by PassingShot(m): 4:48pm On May 28, 2015
modhream:

No reasonable human being advocates a referendum on fundamental human rights already guaranteed by the Constitution,it is your own right too.The right to life,privacy and association.
I don't think you or I will witness any gay marriage performed in Nigeria in our lifetime,haven't even heard them advocate it,but their rights need to be respected and upheld though,same as ours.Live and let live
Btw,culture is dynamic n changes with the times.What you call culture today is not what your great-great-grandfather experienced in his own day,bear that in mind.
You're right to an extent but the only way to resolve controversial issues in a democracy is through a referendum. Recently, North Ireland (?) voted to allow gay marriage in a referendum.

Summary, there are rights but certain issues are not spelt out anywhere and can only be resolved through voting.
Re: Buhari Will Endorse Gay Rights In Nigeria In Exchange For Western Funds by Nobody: 5:22pm On May 30, 2015
PassingShot:

lolz see this joker.....

Google homosexuality in Africa. Homosexuality is/was part of our culture.

i suggest you read this pdf below to enligthen yourself
http://semgai.free.fr/doc_et_pdf/africa_A4.pdf

Then you can browse out the remaining links

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/mar/08/african-homosexuality-colonial-import-myth

http://america.aljazeera.com/opinions/2014/4/homosexuality-africamuseveniugandanigeriaethiopia.html

www.care2.com/causes/the-myth-of-african-homosexuality.html

76crimes.com/2014/01/30/21-varieties-of-traditional-african-homosexuality/
Re: Buhari Will Endorse Gay Rights In Nigeria In Exchange For Western Funds by freezone4real(f): 5:28pm On May 30, 2015
Big Liers
Re: Buhari Will Endorse Gay Rights In Nigeria In Exchange For Western Funds by chiedu7: 9:03pm On May 31, 2015
bangleslover:

lolz see this joker.....

Google homosexuality in Africa. Homosexuality is/was part of our culture.

i suggest you read this pdf below to enligthen yourself
http://semgai.free.fr/doc_et_pdf/africa_A4.pdf

Then you can browse out the remaining links

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/mar/08/african-homosexuality-colonial-import-myth

http://america.aljazeera.com/opinions/2014/4/homosexuality-africamuseveniugandanigeriaethiopia.html

www.care2.com/causes/the-myth-of-african-homosexuality.html

76crimes.com/2014/01/30/21-varieties-of-traditional-african-homosexuality/

Re: Buhari Will Endorse Gay Rights In Nigeria In Exchange For Western Funds by Nobody: 9:05pm On May 31, 2015
chiedu7:
Thanks Mr homophobe
Re: Buhari Will Endorse Gay Rights In Nigeria In Exchange For Western Funds by ZeezaRapture(m): 10:01pm On May 31, 2015
PassingShot:

You're really funny indeed!

So, because I am an ardent supporter of PMB, I have to support everything he does or says irrespective of making sense or not! If I do that, I will not be different from someone who is blinded by bigotry.

Fyi, NOTHING will make me support gay marriage or make me not to criticize Buhari if he chooses to allow it without conducting a referendum on it first. We cannot follow the western world blindly and destroy our values in the process.

Bro, please why are you worrying yourself?? I mean why are you worrying yourself on this matter??

Am not sure you read the news intoto.

If you go back and re-read it, you'll know its an old news, the OP is just trying to create something out of nothing. And in fact, it's one of the propagandas PDP tried to use to sabotage PMB's chances in the election.

By the way, it is impossible.....i repeat, IMPOSSIBLE!!! For PMB to give go ahead on gay rights. No matter what the western world do, he wount allow it....GEJ has closed the issue! What has gone has gone! No going back on it.
If GEJ can annul it, a strict leader like PMB cant allow it. .....MARK MY WORDS!!

For me, its the only good thing i saw in Jonathan's government(annulling gay rites).
Re: Buhari Will Endorse Gay Rights In Nigeria In Exchange For Western Funds by chiedu7: 2:52am On Jun 01, 2015
bangleslover:

Thanks Mr homophobe

Re: Buhari Will Endorse Gay Rights In Nigeria In Exchange For Western Funds by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jun 01, 2015
chiedu7:

lolz! i can only laugh at this.

where do you think you will land with all this hate you carry about?

pick out the speck in your eye before picking out the speck in another persons eye. or however it is said.

I don't have time for such, get a life bro and stop all the hating
Re: Buhari Will Endorse Gay Rights In Nigeria In Exchange For Western Funds by chiedu7: 11:12pm On Jun 01, 2015
bangleslover:

lolz! i can only laugh at this.

where do you think you will land with all this hate you carry about?

pick out the speck in your eye before picking out the speck in another persons eye. or however it is said.

I don't have time for such, get a life bro and stop all the hating

[size=13pt]It;s not hating it's the bible, die as a fagg0t and hell gets you boy

1 Corinthians 6:9
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God?
Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

Leviticus 18:22
Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.[/size]
Re: Buhari Will Endorse Gay Rights In Nigeria In Exchange For Western Funds by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jun 01, 2015
This is very simple nau ; if the West are willing to give Nigeria, say $280 Trillion Dollars; we'll simply legalize gay marriages in the Eastern part of Nigeria & the South-South. How about that? grin
Re: Buhari Will Endorse Gay Rights In Nigeria In Exchange For Western Funds by chiedu7: 6:03am On Jun 02, 2015
Zoharariel:
This is very simple nau ; if the West are willing to give Nigeria, say $280 Trillion Dollars; we'll simply legalize gay marriages in the Eastern part of Nigeria & the South-South. How about that? grin

Abok1 we all know that the North is the bed rock of gays in Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Pregnant Women, Nursing Mothers Can Still Participate In NYSC / Jonathan Constructed More Roads Than Any President Ever In Nigeria. – Fashola / FLASH| IGR Of Anambra Up By 30%, As Obiano Works Miracles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.