Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,186 members, 7,953,660 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:08 PM

Who Has Read Today's Punch Newspaper? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Has Read Today's Punch Newspaper? (2355 Views)

Photo: Today's Punch Front Page / Fayose Mocks APC Again Wit A New Advert On The Front Page Of Punch Newspaper(pic / Has Anyone Seen The Silly Advert On The Front Page Of Today's Punch By Fayose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Has Read Today's Punch Newspaper? by Ojisik(m): 2:06pm On May 29, 2015
I just purchased a copy of today's PUNCH and I was surprised by it's weight. It almost feels like twice or thrice it's normal size.

Today must be a good day for them money-wise.

However I thought to myself, is this ideal? Is this what the press is being turned into? SHOULDN'T A REVERED PAPER like PUNCH have a maximum number of pages? It's simple economics, if they set up a high standard, they'll simply charge more for fewer spaces and make more money than this weightlifting exercise they put Nigerians into today.

The paper is a whooping 160 pages today (observe that in the middle there are pages A1-A64 for most of the congratulatory messages and the rest of the paper which contains some more messages is 96 pages long). I believe they can do better.

This new change that we have ushered in must be felt across all spheres of our lives including the standard we set for ourselves. Have you ever seen TIME or FORBES looking like this? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Who Has Read Today's Punch Newspaper? by Mogidi: 2:07pm On May 29, 2015
Somebody still dey read Punch?

1 Like

Re: Who Has Read Today's Punch Newspaper? by Obinovictor(m): 2:10pm On May 29, 2015
People still dey buy Punch?
Re: Who Has Read Today's Punch Newspaper? by Ojisik(m): 2:19pm On May 29, 2015
Mogidi:
Somebody still dey read Punch?

lol....yes na, the older demographic of society and rural areas cannot control/have no access to digital technology.

The people paying for adverts also know that people will read their messages hence their paying huge sums of money to advertise.

1 Like

Re: Who Has Read Today's Punch Newspaper? by Ojisik(m): 2:20pm On May 29, 2015
Obinovictor:
People still dey buy Punch?

lol, yes they do sir.
Re: Who Has Read Today's Punch Newspaper? by Mogidi: 2:27pm On May 29, 2015
Ojisik:

lol....yes na, the older demographic of society and rural areas cannot control/have no access to digital technology.

The people paying for adverts also know that people will read their messages hence their paying huge sums of money to advertise.

I agree with you 100%
Re: Who Has Read Today's Punch Newspaper? by BabaNath(m): 2:50pm On May 29, 2015
Punch why
Re: Who Has Read Today's Punch Newspaper? by Kelechi2020(m): 3:56pm On May 29, 2015
It's simple economics BRO... The case of integrity or standards shouldn't come in to play when you are discussing number of pages but rather by what is written inside... Did the price change?
Re: Who Has Read Today's Punch Newspaper? by Ojisik(m): 4:45pm On May 29, 2015
Kelechi2020:
It's simple economics BRO... The case of integrity or standards shouldn't come in to play when you are discussing number of pages but rather by what is written inside... Did the price change?

The price didn't change Sir, it can't even change because the revenue realised is more than what they usually get so using SIMPLE ECONOMICS it cant be more expensive.

My point is if PUNCH truly has standards and ethos, it shouldn't have stooped so low because of an inauguration ceremony. This is not just for PUNCH but for all newspapers.

Heck, that means with the right funding I can even tell the whole country that it's my chickens birthday. grin
Re: Who Has Read Today's Punch Newspaper? by Obinovictor(m): 9:05pm On May 29, 2015
Ojisik:
I just purchased a copy of today's PUNCH and I was surprised by it's weight. It almost feels like twice or thrice it's normal size.

Today must be a good day for them money-wise.

However I thought to myself, is this ideal? Is this what the press is being turned into? SHOULDN'T A REVERED PAPER like PUNCH have a maximum number of pages? It's simple economics, if they set up a high standard, they'll simply charge more for fewer spaces and make more money than this weightlifting exercise they put Nigerians into today.

The paper is a whooping 160 pages today (observe that in the middle there are pages A1-A64 for most of the congratulatory messages and the rest of the paper which contains some more messages is 96 pages long). I believe they can do better.

This new change that we have ushered in must be felt across all spheres of our lives including the standard we set for ourselves. Have you ever seen TIME or FORBES looking like this? shocked shocked shocked

Na true o. Just checked today's SUN newspaper, it was almost as heavy as my P.N. Okeke Physics textbook back then in secondary school.

(1) (Reply)

Igbos Should Continue To Distance Ourselves From IPOB / INSIDE KUJE PRISON ABUJA: A Word For The Wise / Obanikoro Papa & Sons Corruption Inc== Sahara Reporters. .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.