Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,922 members, 7,817,702 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors (35866 Views)

Vocational Programme For Governors In Germany: Falana Kicks / No More Automatic Tickets For Governors, Senators, Reps – PDP / The Hottest Place In Hell Should Be Reserved For Governors – Murray-bruce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by Namadobi: 6:22pm On May 29, 2015
BUKOLA SARAKI MY HERO

EL-RUFAI MY ROLE MODEL

AMEACHI MY GUY
Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by Nobody: 6:25pm On May 29, 2015
989900:

On point!

The made bold part, is actually my fears with the idea.

However, like you rightly said, the advantages are promising than one can ignore; especially in an administration where there is accountability.

It also makes it easier for locals to directly hold their bosses to accountability.

It's a risk we have to take. If we keep doing the same thing, we shall continue to get the same results.
Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by oshe11: 6:31pm On May 29, 2015
anonimi:

Why should we wait for the president to monitor the 774 LGAs and 36 states

Why do we have state house of assembly lawmakers and LGA Councillors who can IMPEACH the erring leaders?

Why are we so LAME and expect a "messiah" to do ALL things for us and know all things on our behalf?
Why
But U blamed onli Jona 4gtin borno has a govnor(chibok gals)
i bet 90percent of 9ja dnt no d name of dat Govnor!
U want odas to b konsiderate, wen konsideration wasnt in ur dictionary sum yrs back....... 'I smell Hypo......Crites'

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by honourhim: 6:42pm On May 29, 2015
Shop don close for governors who rule their states from Abuja. Always going there to lick the president's feet.
Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by juwoonn(m): 6:52pm On May 29, 2015
Sweetguy25:
He made this comment while making his inauguration speech.

Excerpt from Buhari's Inauguration Speech: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/read-president-buhari-inaugural-speech/
That stupid kogi governor should hear oo
Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by mikolo80: 6:53pm On May 29, 2015
uplawal:
Just like they heaped all blames on jonathan,pls let him do as he want to,where were the councillors and lawmakers when local govt officials were bastadising everthing,people have to feel development at grassroot,but the local govt is the one eating the peoples money,very evil unserious people
Because we voted clueless greedy councillors alongside the stupid chairmen
Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by mikolo80: 6:58pm On May 29, 2015
uplawal:
Just like they heaped all blames on jonathan,pls let him do as he want to,where were the councillors and lawmakers when local govt officials were bastadising everthing,people have to feel development at grassroot,but the local govt is the one eating the peoples money,very evil unserious people
anonimi:

Are the LGAs not right in front of the nose of the people so DEPRIVED?
Why do we (you & I) ALLOW these LGA chairmen and councillors "eat the people's money"
Is it no longer true that =>
If we are LACKADAISICAL about those who REPRESENT us, please tell me why will they not take advantage
uplawal:
Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by mikolo80: 7:00pm On May 29, 2015
anonimi:

Are the LGAs not right in front of the nose of the people so DEPRIVED?

Why do we (you & I) ALLOW these LGA chairmen and councillors "eat the people's money"

Is it no longer true that =>

If we are LACKADAISICAL about those who REPRESENT us, please tell me why will they not take advantage
Cos we are all selfish and lack motivation

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by r33d(m): 7:01pm On May 29, 2015
Pavore9:
Let them work, not waiting for monthly allocation which they end up squandering with their goons! We kind of ignore the massive looting that is on going at the Local government areas where chairmen are stooges of the governors, most don't even live in the local government areas where there were supposedly elected but live in the comfort if highbrow areas of their state's capitals!

There should be shift from allocation to generation, Oil has really made many of our 'elected' officials mentally lazy!

Lazy no be small oo. Imagine most LGA chairmen just docile for virtually all through the month. Then, at month's end, they gather at the state capital to collect their allocation.

Funny how people just remembered that there is a 3rd tier of government. sad
Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by Bgorgeous: 7:02pm On May 29, 2015
ACTION ACTION ACTION !!!!!! Please
Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by mikolo80: 7:03pm On May 29, 2015
gogodaye:

Memories fade fast.....for those with the intent to skew records to meet predetermined outcomes.....
Gen. Minimah as Chief of Army Staff moved alongside the Command Centre to the theater of the conflict as soon as he assumed office as COAS.....
Some of these cosmetic changes do not necessarily translate into successes......There should be less political interference..... Our military officers should be left to prosecute the war against the insurgents....the way they've being trained to do......
with the right equipment and only if the political generals are on ground to see how desperate the situation is on the ground will they deem it necessary to stop looting and get busy.besides nobody wants to get shot by his own troops
Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by DeRuggedProf: 7:03pm On May 29, 2015
holyokoto:
Ex Benue State Governor take note

I READ SOMEWHERE THAT HE JETTED OUT OF NIJA. LET HIM TAKE A CAPSULE TO THE MOON. THAT GUY NEED TO VOMIT HIS UNIMAGINABLE LOOT! 8YRS OF STEADFAST LOOTING. HE IS THE GOVERNOR WHO STATED ONE TIME THAT WORKERS ARE COMPLAINING OF HUNGER FOR NON PAYMENT OF SALARIES YET THEY ARE USING THE REST ROOM EVERYDAY!!! HE WAS AWARDED MR. INFRASTRUCTURE!!! THEN I KNEW THIS COUNTRY WAS DOOMED. GOD, EVEN IF NO OTHER GOVERNOR WILL BE PROSECUTED, THIS PARTICULAR ONE IS A ROBBERY CASE!!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by mikolo80: 7:04pm On May 29, 2015
dearpreye:

Actually the LG was created to bring government closer to the people. But it has been hijacked by our governors and converted into appendages for them.

Autonomy for LG has a lot of benefits:

It brings the government really close to the people.

The people can now actually elect their chairmen; Governors can no longer decide who should be the chairman.

It whittles down the power of the governor.

The LG can now perform the main functions for which it's being created. For now, governors frustrate them by giving them ONLY salaries for workers.

It's also easier to deal with any non performing chairman.

Downsides:

It could a lead to abuse of power by the LG bosses.

It could also lead to waste and corruption, if the state assembly is weak, inept and lazy.

By and large, the merits outweigh the demerits.

Wetin concern state assembly with lgs
Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by Nobody: 7:07pm On May 29, 2015
mikolo80:
Wetin concern state assembly with lgs

Did my post again- this time with an intent to understand, rather than reply.
Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by mikolo80: 7:08pm On May 29, 2015
oshe11:
But U blamed onli Jona 4gtin borno has a govnor(chibok gals)
i bet 90percent of 9ja dnt no d name of dat Govnor!
U want odas to b konsiderate, wen konsideration wasnt in ur dictionary sum yrs back....... 'I smell Hypo......Crites'
Wetin concine governor with Chibok
Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by Syphax(m): 7:10pm On May 29, 2015
&#8358
Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by Sant1m: 7:10pm On May 29, 2015
Daniyemi:
I hope the Likes of Tinubu who believe the south west is solely for his use and control (human and material resources) are listening?

I still would not make any sense from all the ramblings of Buhari if he does not start dealing with the rouges around him.

People like Tinubu, Obasanjo need to be told that states cannot be controlled by them.
They need to limited. Buhari whatever campaign against corruption you have, start with the rouges around you.

APC screams PDP has ruined Nigeria for 16 Years. Was GoodLuck president for 16 yrs?
It therefore means they acknowledge Obasanjo was grossly corrupt and incompetent.
Buhari Limit this two people and put them in the right place.
stop! Your childish rant, so Buhari in order to satisfy ingrates like you should bring up trump up charges just to nail Obj and Tinubu. Men your God father could not nail, even with all the evidence of criminal or corrupt act of these men available to him. Because you are a week mind all you are demanding for to be happy, as if we care is for Buhari to betray these men and nail them so you can change your mind about him, you better go and console your Otuoke Lord who i am sure is sobbing somewhere in his Mansion and wishing he gets a second chance to rewrite the wrong. PMB will always be a man after our heart and we trust he won't falter. Love Pmb from the East.
Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by oshe11: 7:15pm On May 29, 2015
mikolo80:
Wetin concine governor with Chibok
wetyn concern President wit Chibok gals...... If na onli Jona nids to run d whole con3 y were d govnors elected?

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by Nobody: 7:18pm On May 29, 2015
Ymodulus:
typing...

Now we have President Buhari a very fit, proper, willing, ready, able and above all non fearing president. This is the right move in the right direction, a good beginning. With this i can boldly say we have a Government in place, that is putting its money where its mouth is. We do no longer have a Government of procastination.

This afternoon you made me happy, when you said in your speech and i qoute: "I belong to everybody and I belong to nobody."
What a Weighty statement meaning Synchphants, back off!!!! Political hawks - back off!!!! Tinubu backoff!!!! The Papa Clark of the political world - back off!!! OBJ - backoff!!!! ACF - backoff!!! Tanoids Backoff!!!

I know, today some people in the polluted Niger Delta will be troubled and most will not sleep well because their son former President Goodlock Ebele Jonathan is no longer in charge of affairs of our great nation and their perfect and number one enemy President Muhammadu Buhari has today been sworn in as the President and Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Furthermore, the so-called amnesty program for Niger Delta militants and terrorists will become a thing of the past come December.

Mr President on behalf of APC Nairaland Chapter, well deserving nairalanders, and even Tanoids on Nairaland. I say a Big Thank you. You can now have a little rest, and never forget this powerful speech of yours - let it be it be your guide and contour - a destiny is here to be fulfilled.

Welcome, Mr president Mohammadu Buhari!

-Ymodulus
"I am for everybody; And I am for nobody. - @MBuhari. #EagleSquare #DemocracyDay #NewNigeria"

The first time this id is saying something sensible.
Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by mikolo80: 7:34pm On May 29, 2015
oshe11:
wetyn concern President wit Chibok gals...... If na onli Jona nids to run d whole con3 y were d govnors elected?
Who controls army.who controls police. Who controls sSS.
Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by mikolo80: 7:35pm On May 29, 2015
dearpreye:

Did my post again- this time with an intent to understand, rather than reply.
Huh? Speaka da english br'er
Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by oshe11: 7:38pm On May 29, 2015
mikolo80:
Who controls army.who controls police. Who controls sSS.
So na army, police n SSS kidnap d gals?
Y didnt U ask hw d kidnap tuk place witout d knowledge of d govnor n Chairman who is kloser to d pipo?

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by Nobody: 7:43pm On May 29, 2015
mikolo80:
Huh? Speaka da english br'er
Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by Bellalistic(f): 7:43pm On May 29, 2015
vimi:

After critically analyzing your posts I conclude that it's pointless to quote uu ezi okwuu

you just behaved like one "raised by an harlot...

No offence

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by mikolo80: 7:52pm On May 29, 2015
oshe11:
So na army, police n SSS kidnap d gals?
Y didnt U ask hw d kidnap tuk place witout d knowledge of d govnor n Chairman who is kloser to d pipo?
why didn't president have him investigated by security agents that he has monopoly over.abi whose job to ask questions or look closer
Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by mikolo80: 7:53pm On May 29, 2015
[quote author=dearpreye post=34223410][/quote]
Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by Nobody: 8:22pm On May 29, 2015
Bellalistic:

you just behaved like one "raised by an harlot...

No offence

Really I dunno what I've done to get such an insult from uu hun undecided
Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by anonimi: 8:29pm On May 29, 2015
mikolo80:

Could it be because we are ALL clueless embarassed
Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by crystaliyamu20(m): 8:38pm On May 29, 2015
Loads of cash to be won from sport betting, Get sure winnings on fixed matches, for 100% fixed matches, contact our agent and get subscribed on 2348136171479

Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by oshe11: 9:03pm On May 29, 2015
mikolo80:
why didn't president have him investigated by security agents that he has monopoly over.abi whose job to ask questions or look closer
Y didnt U question d govnor n media lyk U did to d president.......?
Y did U use dat issue to play politiks?
Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by cold(m): 9:05pm On May 29, 2015
If i ever catch any politician peppersouping and big stouting with aristos again. I swear down Buhari i go treat your fúck up. Continues pumping iron.
Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by mikolo80: 9:09pm On May 29, 2015
oshe11:
Y didnt U question d govnor n media lyk U did to d president.......?
Y did U use dat issue to play politiks?
Cos its not my job. I did not vote for governor to provide security I voted for president as he controls all security.if he allowed state police and national guard Eheeeeeeen I would question the governor. Same with power refinery and railway. Only president can control these areas not governors.read and think before you talk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Campaign Posters Of Reverend King Flood The Streets Ahead Of 2019 Election / Malami Writes Buhari, Admits Nigeria Cannot Win OPL 245 Court Cases / DSS Arrests Bello Bodejo, Miyetti Allah President For Setting Up Vigilante Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.