Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa (33144 Views)

"Buhari Is Seriously Sick, Cabals Have Hijacked His Government" – Olu Adegboruwa / Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa Files Suit Against Buhari Over Delay In Appointing Ministers / Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-olu Adegboruwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by lexy2014: 10:36am On May 30, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
What do you expect from an empty shell who goes around screaming i wull pight kowuption with ameachi atiku and co by his side
I counted no less than 15 heads of state, secretary kerry and several foreign dignitaries who left d comfort of their homes and countries 2 come listen 2 and honour d "empty shell" with his poor accent
Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by uopuada: 10:40am On May 30, 2015
with due respect mr. Lawyer their is difference btw manifesto and inaugural speech, acknowledge that first. Lastly those issues outline by d president is enough for now, cos we have 36 states that needs possible attention on those issues, or do u what him to list all issues surrounding d nations and late fail to achieve one. Pls less calm down, Wait for d change

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by sulakishop(m): 10:50am On May 30, 2015
Oga Lawyer, go and die!

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by sunnyolads1(m): 11:04am On May 30, 2015
Is this a qualified Lawyer or charge and bail stuff. Did he know the meaning of inaugural speech or state of the nation address. Looking for cheap popularity in the politics. He should go and learn from his late senior advocate of Nigeria (Gani Fawehinmi) how to be relevant in the political terrain of the nation. Still a learner...
Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by porka: 11:05am On May 30, 2015
[size=16pt]Egbon, that speech is not only illusory and vague it is also very deceitful, disgraceful and dangerous.

Imam Buhari said Nigeria's economy is 180 million.

180 million what? Is it 180 million people, dollars, cows or cowries?

If we assume he meant 180 million people, how did he come about this figure?

How can the president of the country not know how many people he leads?

The last population census, conducted in 2006, put the country's population at 140,431,790

The next one is due next year, that is a period of 10 years.

Does it now mean that Nigeria's population census figure has already been contrived even before the headcounts?

Is it not dangerous to extrapolate a 3.2% annual population growth rate when evidence has shown that with the use of technology, national figures are not exactly as they were recorded at that time?

For example, in that same 2006, INEC recorded total number of registered voters as 61, 566, 648.

But in 2015, nine years later the INEC recorded 68, 833, 476 (a mere 1.3% annual increase) after having weeded out over four million multiple registrations and fake names from its register with technology.

Where are the so-called technocrats who they told us will guide Buhari due to his lack of proper education?

Did they misled him with the figure, or did he not vet the speech even with a month-long preparation?

How are we sure Buhari is not preparing the ground for Nigeria's money to "go down the drain".

For instance, are they not preparing the ground to pad the figures in anticipation of GHOSTS in their so-called welfare programs; cash transfer scheme?

Is Buhari's lack of proper education not beginning to show too early or he is trying to be more ingenious in corruption?

If APC woke up tomorrow said they have "fed" a certain number of school children, paid 5,000 to another number of poor people and paid 25,000 to so and so number of unemployed graduates, how do we verify, HOW WON'T WE LINK IT WITH THE FIGURE IN THIS SPEECH?
[/size]
Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by poseidon12: 11:21am On May 30, 2015
NeduLuiZ:
Another taniod looking for 5minutes fame. Never heard his name though tongue

You never had the name of this activist lawyer? Wow!
He is the lawyer that took Fashola's govt to court over the Lekki toll collection and won. He's a well known human rights activist.
Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by poseidon12: 11:24am On May 30, 2015
luvinhubby:
Don't care about speech, sending my girls to school on Monday with empty plates to receive their free share of state food as was promised.

See abuses just because one lawyer criticised Buhari's speech, you people are on a very loonnngg thing.

Don't mind them. 6 months from now the same fools would start complaining.
Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by khaylee(m): 11:25am On May 30, 2015
@Porka,
you really tried hard to make sense with your "180million" versus "140mil" stuff. Unfortunately you just went the way of the attention seeking lawyer by ending up not making any sense. Everyone knows (except you) that Census figures in Nigeria are mostly contrived figures that shouldn't be trusted.
I rather have a president making plans for 180million people than one understating the figures.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by Jaideyone(m): 11:29am On May 30, 2015
laytoshtwo:

Get informed before posting rubbish,if you don't know the person you don't give the public wrong information.
educated illiterate. I asked a simple question. is this the same Ebun?
Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by porka: 11:38am On May 30, 2015
khaylee:
@Porka,
you really tried hard to make sense with your "180million" versus "140mil" stuff. Unfortunately you just went the way of the attention seeking lawyer by ending up not making any sense. Everyone knows (except you) that Census figures in Nigeria are mostly contrived figures that shouldn't be trusted.
I rather have a president making plans for 180million people than one understating the figures.

[size=16pt]The proper thing to do is seek for clarity when something is beyond your level next time.

From your own assertion:

Census figures in Nigeria are not to be trusted.

Buhari is the president of Nigeria.

Buhari uses Nigeria's census figures to plan for his administration.

Buhari shouldn't be trusted.

Can you see the result?[/size]
Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by pyx: 11:40am On May 30, 2015
go and die.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by khaylee(m): 11:47am On May 30, 2015
@ShowYourCertificate

You can't know better than a former General who has actually fought in a war and dealt with insurgency in the past.

Have you ever wondered why the soldiers doing the actual fighting have being revolting against there officers? It is because while they are in the trenches fighting and dying, these big Generals are in Abuja buying up lands and eating peppersoup. In a situation where it took the bombing of his personal house in Adamawa state before a so called Chief of defense Staff could visit troops is very sadening.

What your President means is that the Command Center for the War in the North East will be located Borno and no more in Abuja for better coordination. He is not saying that he is moving the military HQTERS there.

If there is another insurgency elsewhere in the country, the command center for that particular insurgency will be relocated to that area.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by khaylee(m): 11:59am On May 30, 2015
porka:

[size=16pt]The proper thing to do is seek for clarity when something is beyond your level next time.
From your own assertion:
Census figures in Nigeria are not to be trusted.
Buhari is the president of Nigeria.
Buhari uses Nigeria's census figures to plan for his administration.
Buhari shouldn't be trusted.
Can you see the result?[/size]

This is what happens when you try to swim in levels beyond your expertise. You ended up contradicting yourself.
In your first post you said he didn't use the census figures of 140mil which made him not knowledgeable while in your second post you are claiming otherwise.
The reason why he should be trusted is because he is discarding an untrusted figure for a more realistic one of 180mil. Everywhere in the world you get Nigeria being described as a country of over 180mil.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by Nobody: 12:04pm On May 30, 2015
voltron:
When a PRESIDENT appoints incompetent and corrupt individuals into office.... Scream CHANGE!!!! with hate and burning vengeance in your eyes.. Over 40,000 Nigerians lost their lives and over 100 thousand are internally displaced because we stood by and let it happen. This is the last destiny train at the last bustop and in our hands we hold our last train tickets.. 50 years after and we have not started our journey. If we fail due to our deafening blissful ignorance or docility, 2015 leads into an era of irreversible chaos. We shall become the largest poorest human jungle on the continent. Remembered for being a fool at 50 in spite of the enormous potential and opportunities.
THIS STATEMENT IS DIRECTED TO BUHARI AND THE TERRIBLE CRIME HE COMMITTED IN 2011 WHEN U LOST TO GEJ. MY TNX 4 BRINGING IT TO NOTICE. CUS I KW THAT SM HAUSA COWS HERE HAVE BEEN BLINDED WIT CHANGE
Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by Nobody: 12:16pm On May 30, 2015
THOSE COMDENMING THE LAWYER ARE BIGOTS AND CLUELESS WHO WILL SOON REALISE THAT WE ARE LIVING IN THE LAST DAYS. READ 2TIMOTHY 3 VERSE 1 TO 8. HAPI WKEND
Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by egobetatoday: 12:16pm On May 30, 2015
Flashh:

Yes! He is their lawyer... We know PDP stüpid propaganda, PDP is very good at laying assault, they should continue, they will never make it.

that is the work of the opposition party...laying assault! Apc did same btw 2011- 2015 and they did excellently well. its Pdps time let them do it as they please.

this shldnt stop the president from delivering appropriately. we want result not long speeches!!
Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by khaylee(m): 12:20pm On May 30, 2015
INVINCIBLECSP:
THIS STATEMENT IS DIRECTED TO BUHARI AND THE TERRIBLE CRIME HE COMMITTED IN 2011 WHEN U LOST TO GEJ. MY TNX 4 BRINGING IT TO NOTICE. CUS I KW THAT SM HAUSA COWS HERE HAVE BEEN BLINDED WIT CHANGE

Calling some people "COWS" just goes to show the state of your mind. Don't worry our hospitals will soon be put in good shape to test heads/minds like yours.

I am sure you are one of those that is praying things go on the way they are or even worse just to tell people "I told you so". But "many are the devices in the heart of men, but only the Lord's Counsel will be established".

Whether you like it or not you are stuck with these "Hausa Cows" for the next 8yrs and the "Blinded Change people" for the next 40yrs!

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by porka: 12:25pm On May 30, 2015
khaylee:

This is what happens when you try to swim in levels beyond your expertise. You ended up contradicting yourself.
[b]In your first post you said he didn't use the census figures of 140mil which made him not knowledgeable while in your second post you are claiming otherwise.
[/b]The reason why he should be trusted is because he is discarding an untrusted figure for a more realistic one of 180mil. Everywhere in the world you get Nigeria being described as a country of over 180mil.

[size=16pt]It is now very clear that you lack basic comprehension but it is alright.

So, go back to the first post and re-read.

Read it very slowly.

Reading won't kill you, so don't be afraid.

You can then take your dictionary and look up the meanings of words like extrapolate, growth rate and such words giving you confusion there.

Compare your findings with the kindergarten response you posted above.

Meanwhile, it's not everyday you see a president getting his country's population figures from "everywhere in the world".

Next time don't just jump into what you can't understand. [/size]
Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by Nobody: 12:32pm On May 30, 2015
INVINCIBLECSP:

It was directed to Obj, IBB, Gej and Buhari
Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by khaylee(m): 12:39pm On May 30, 2015
porka:

[size=16pt]It is now very clear that you lack basic comprehension but it is alright.
So, go back to the first post and re-read.
Read it very slowly.
Reading won't kill you, so don't be afraid.
You can then take your dictionary and look up the meanings of words like extrapolate, growth rate and such words giving you confusion there.
Compare your findings with the kindergarten response you posted above.
Meanwhile, it's not everyday you see a president getting his country's population figures from "everywhere in the world".
Next time don't just jump into what you can't understand. [/size]

I really really want to get your point and then make you see my point but....... . Anyway Goodluck (no pun intended) with your extrapolation, growth rate and tainted Census Figures.

I Pray you and I will be alive to see the real Growth and Change we have all been clamouring for being brought about by your President and his change people.
Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by porka: 12:47pm On May 30, 2015
khaylee:

I really really want to get your point and then make you see my point but....... . Anyway Goodluck (no pun intended) with your extrapolation, growth rate and tainted Census Figures.

I Pray you and I will be alive to see the real Growth and Change we have all been clamouring for being brought about by your President and his change people.

[size=16pt]Play at your level next time.

If you want to understand a "difficult" subject all you need do is ask.

And then it should be good luck and not Goodluck (so you know that some people are that thorough) [/size]
Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by chinchum(m): 1:06pm On May 30, 2015
See the long turenchi, and he is still complaining.

Inaugural speech by His Excellency, President Muhammadu Buhari following his swearing-in as President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria on 29th May, 2015
I am immensely grateful to God Who Has preserved us to witness this day and this occasion. Today marks a triumph for Nigeria and an occasion to celebrate her freedom and cherish her democracy. Nigerians have shown their commitment to democracy and are determined to entrench its culture. Our journey has not been easy but thanks to the determination of our people and strong support from friends abroad we have today a truly democratically elected government in place.

I would like to thank President Goodluck Jonathan for his display of statesmanship in setting a precedent for us that has now made our people proud to be Nigerians wherever they are. With the support and cooperation he has given to the transition process, he has made it possible for us to show the world that despite the perceived tension in the land we can be a united people capable of doing what is right for our nation. Together we co-operated to surprise the world that had come to expect only the worst from Nigeria. I hope this act of graciously accepting defeat by the outgoing President will become the standard of political conduct in the country.

I would like to thank the millions of our supporters who believed in us even when the cause seemed hopeless. I salute their resolve in waiting long hours in rain and hot sunshine to register and cast their votes and stay all night if necessary to protect and ensure their votes count and were counted. I thank those who tirelessly carried the campaign on the social media. At the same time, I thank our other countrymen and women who did not vote for us but contributed to make our democratic culture truly competitive, strong and definitive.

I thank all of you.

Having just a few minutes ago sworn on the Holy Book, I intend to keep my oath and serve as President to all Nigerians.

I belong to everybody and I belong to nobody.

A few people have privately voiced fears that on coming back to office I shall go after them. These fears are groundless. There will be no paying off old scores. The past is prologue.

Our neighbours in the Sub-region and our African brethenen should rest assured that Nigeria under our administration will be ready to play any leadership role that Africa expects of it. Here I would like to thank the governments and people of Cameroon, Chad and Niger for committing their armed forces to fight Boko Haram in Nigeria.

I also wish to assure the wider international community of our readiness to cooperate and help to combat threats of cross-border terrorism, sea piracy, refugees and boat people, financial crime, cyber crime, climate change, the spread of communicable diseases and other challenges of the 21st century.

At home we face enormous challenges. Insecurity, pervasive corruption, the hitherto unending and seemingly impossible fuel and power shortages are the immediate concerns. We are going to tackle them head on. Nigerians will not regret that they have entrusted national responsibility to us. We must not succumb to hopelessness and defeatism. We can fix our problems.

In recent times Nigerian leaders appear to have misread our mission. Our founding fathers, Mr Herbert Macauley, Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, Alhaji Ahmadu Bello, the Sardauna of Sokoto, Alhaji Abubakar Tafawa Balewa, Malam Aminu Kano, Chief J.S. Tarka, Mr Eyo Ita, Chief Denis Osadeby, Chief Ladoke Akintola and their colleagues worked to establish certain standards of governance. They might have differed in their methods or tactics or details, but they were united in establishing a viable and progressive country. Some of their successors behaved like spoilt children breaking everything and bringing disorder to the house.

Furthermore, we as Nigerians must remind ourselves that we are heirs to great civilizations: Shehu Othman Dan fodio’s caliphate, the Kanem Borno Empire, the Oyo Empire, the Benin Empire and King Jaja’s formidable domain. The blood of those great ancestors flow in our veins. What is now required is to build on these legacies, to modernize and uplift Nigeria.

Daunting as the task may be it is by no means insurmountable. There is now a national consensus that our chosen route to national development is democracy. To achieve our objectives we must consciously work the democratic system. The Federal Executive under my watch will not seek to encroach on the duties and functions of the Legislative and Judicial arms of government. The law enforcing authorities will be charged to operate within the Constitution. We shall rebuild and reform the public service to become more effective and more serviceable. We shall charge them to apply themselves with integrity to stabilize the system.

For their part the legislative arm must keep to their brief of making laws, carrying out over-sight functions and doing so expeditiously. The judicial system needs reform to cleanse itself from its immediate past. The country now expects the judiciary to act with dispatch on all cases especially on corruption, serious financial crimes or abuse of office. It is only when the three arms act constitutionally that government will be enabled to serve the country optimally and avoid the confusion all too often bedeviling governance today.

Elsewhere relations between Abuja and the States have to be clarified if we are to serve the country better. Constitutionally there are limits to powers of each of the three tiers of government but that should not mean the Federal Government should fold its arms and close its eyes to what is going on in the states and local governments. Not least the operations of the Local Government Joint Account. While the Federal Government can not interfere in the details of its operations it will ensure that the gross corruption at the local level is checked. As far as the constitution allows me I will try to ensure that there is responsible and accountable governance at all levels of government in the country. For I will not have kept my own trust with the Nigerian people if I allow others abuse theirs under my watch.

However, no matter how well organized the governments of the federation are they can not succeed without the support, understanding and cooperation of labour unions, organized private sector, the press and civil society organizations. I appeal to employers and workers alike to unite in raising productivity so that everybody will have the opportunity to share in increased prosperity. The Nigerian press is the most vibrant in Africa. My appeal to the media today – and this includes the social media – is to exercise its considerable powers with responsibility and patriotism.

My appeal for unity is predicated on the seriousness of the legacy we are getting into. With depleted foreign reserves, falling oil prices, leakages and debts the Nigerian economy is in deep trouble and will require careful management to bring it round and to tackle the immediate challenges confronting us, namely; Boko Haram, the Niger Delta situation, the power shortages and unemployment especially among young people. For the longer term we have to improve the standards of our education. We have to look at the whole field of medicare. We have to upgrade our dilapidated physical infrastructure.

The most immediate is Boko Haram’s insurgency. Progress has been made in recent weeks by our security forces but victory can not be achieved by basing the Command and Control Centre in Abuja. The command centre will be relocated to Maiduguri and remain until Boko Haram is completely subdued. But we can not claim to have defeated Boko Haram without rescuing the Chibok girls and all other innocent persons held hostage by insurgents.

This government will do all it can to rescue them alive. Boko Haram is a typical example of small fires causing large fires. An eccentric and unorthodox preacher with a tiny following was given posthumous fame and following by his extra judicial murder at the hands of the police. Since then through official bungling, negligence, complacency or collusion Boko Haram became a terrifying force taking tens of thousands of lives and capturing several towns and villages covering swathes of Nigerian sovereign territory.

Boko Haram is a mindless, godless group who are as far away from Islam as one can think of. At the end of the hostilities when the group is subdued the Government intends to commission a sociological study to determine its origins, remote and immediate causes of the movement, its sponsors, the international connexions to ensure that measures are taken to prevent a reccurrence of this evil. For now the Armed Forces will be fully charged with prosecuting the fight against Boko haram. We shall overhaul the rules of engagement to avoid human rights violations in operations. We shall improve operational and legal mechanisms so that disciplinary steps are taken against proven human right violations by the Armed Forces.

Boko Haram is not only the security issue bedeviling our country. The spate of kidnappings, armed robberies, herdsmen/farmers clashes, cattle rustlings all help to add to the general air of insecurity in our land. We are going to erect and maintain an efficient, disciplined people – friendly and well – compensated security forces within an over – all security architecture.

The amnesty programme in the Niger Delta is due to end in December, but the Government intends to invest heavily in the projects, and programmes currently in place. I call on the leadership and people in these areas to cooperate with the State and Federal Government in the rehabilitation programmes which will be streamlined and made more effective. As ever, I am ready to listen to grievances of my fellow Nigerians. I extend my hand of fellowship to them so that we can bring peace and build prosperity for our people.

No single cause can be identified to explain Nigerian’s poor economic performance over the years than the power situation. It is a national shame that an economy of 180 million generates only 4,000MW, and distributes even less. Continuous tinkering with the structures of power supply and distribution and close on $20b expanded since 1999 have only brought darkness, frustration, misery, and resignation among Nigerians. We will not allow this to go on. Careful studies are under way during this transition to identify the quickest, safest and most cost-effective way to bring light and relief to Nigerians.

Unemployment, notably youth un-employment features strongly in our Party’s Manifesto. We intend to attack the problem frontally through revival of agriculture, solid minerals mining as well as credits to small and medium size businesses to kick – start these enterprises. We shall quickly examine the best way to revive major industries and accelerate the revival and development of our railways, roads and general infrastructure.

Your Excellencies, My fellow Nigerians I can not recall when Nigeria enjoyed so much goodwill abroad as now. The messages I received from East and West, from powerful and small countries are indicative of international expectations on us. At home the newly elected government is basking in a reservoir of goodwill and high expectations. Nigeria therefore has a window of opportunity to fulfill our long – standing potential of pulling ourselves together and realizing our mission as a great nation.

Our situation somehow reminds one of a passage in Shakespeare’s Julius Ceasar
There is a tide in the affairs of men which,
taken at the flood, leads on to fortune;
Omitted, all the voyage of their life,
Is bound in shallows and miseries.

We have an opportunity. Let us take it.

Thank you

Muhammadu Buhari
President Federal Republic of NIGERIA
and
Commander in-chief-of the Armed forces

- See more at: http://www.newsheadlines.com.ng/politics/2015/05/29/text-of-president-muhammadu-buhari-inaugural-speech/#sthash.g3H8PcfO.dpuf

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by Nobody: 1:12pm On May 30, 2015
khaylee:

Calling some people "COWS" just goes to show the state of your mind. Don't worry our hospitals will soon be put in good shape to test heads/minds like yours.

I am sure you are one of those that is praying things go on the way they are or even worse just to tell people "I told you so". But "many are the devices in the heart of men, but only the Lord's Counsel will be established".

Whether you like it or not you are stuck with these "Hausa Cows" for the next 8yrs and the "Blinded Change people" for the next 40yrs!
STORY STORY, STORY. U JUST TOLD ONE. GOD SAID IN JERE. 11:11,12. READ IT SO THAT UR EYE WIL OPEN. BECAUSE PEOPLE LIKE U NEVA GAVE PEACE(GEJ) A CHANCE.
Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by khaylee(m): 1:15pm On May 30, 2015
porka:

[size=16pt]Play at your level next time.
If you want to understand a "difficult" subject all you need do is ask.
And then it should be good luck and not Goodluck (so you know that some people are that thorough) [/size]

Ok o Mr Thorough, whether its 'Goodluck or Good luck' at least you got my drift.

So likewise. whether its 140mil or 180mil, all we are looking forward to is change and Change we shall definitely see after 16 wasted years of figure quoting governments in power.

Last word, I like the fact you have not gone the FFK or Okupe way by resorting to personal abuses which is actually a norm for 95% of Buhari Haters on NL.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by chinchum(m): 1:18pm On May 30, 2015
porka:
[size=16pt]Egbon, that speech is not only illusory and vague it is also very deceitful, disgraceful and dangerous.

The last population census, conducted in 2006, put the country's population at 140,431,790

Does it now mean that Nigeria's population census figure has already been contrived even before the headcounts?

Is it not dangerous to extrapolate a 3.2% annual population growth rate when evidence has shown that with the use of technology, national figures are not exactly as they were recorded at that time?

For example, in that same 2006, INEC recorded total number of registered voters as 61, 566, 648.

But in 2015, nine years later the INEC recorded 68, 833, 476 (a mere 1.3% annual increase) after having weeded out over four million multiple registrations and fake names from its register with technology.

Where are the so-called technocrats who they told us will guide Buhari due to his lack of proper education?

Did they misled him with the figure, or did he not vet the speech even with a month-long preparation?

How are we sure Buhari is not preparing the ground for Nigeria's money to "go down the drain".

For instance, are they not preparing the ground to pad the figures in anticipation of GHOSTS in their so-called welfare programs; cash transfer scheme?

Is Buhari's lack of proper education not beginning to show too early or he is trying to be more ingenious in corruption?

If APC woke up tomorrow said they have "fed" a certain number of school children, paid 5,000 to another number of poor people and paid 25,000 to so and so number of unemployed graduates, how do we verify, HOW WON'T WE LINK IT WITH THE FIGURE IN THIS SPEECH?
[/size]
As to the highlighted in red, the population was a good projection, dont forget that in 2012, NPC (National population commission) puts the nation population at 167 million http://www.punchng.com/news/nigerias-population-stands-at-167-million-npc/.
estimated groth rate of 2.3 % /annum. i feel it should be more than that, and i suspect we are close to 200 million.
Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by khaylee(m): 1:28pm On May 30, 2015
INVINCIBLECSP:
STORY STORY, STORY. U JUST TOLD ONE. GOD SAID IN JERE. 11:11,12. READ IT SO THAT UR EYE WIL OPEN. BECAUSE LIKE U NEVA GAVE PEACE(GEJ) A CHANCE.

My dear Bible quoting young man, we gave your Peace "GEJ" enough chance or is 6 solid years not enough. King Saul had 40 years to redeem himself but he still failed.

So your line of thought on this lacks merit. Anyway like I keep telling people in the same boat like you, the deed is done already, we have a New President with a 4 year Mandate and praying/hoping that he fails will just be an exercise in futility. God does not answer to prayers made in hatred.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by khaylee(m): 1:34pm On May 30, 2015
chinchum:
As to the highlighted in red, the population was a good projection, dont forget that in 2012, NPC (National population commission) puts the nation population at 167 million http://www.punchng.com/news/nigerias-population-stands-at-167-million-npc/.
estimated groth rate of 2.3 % /annum. i feel it should be more than that, and i suspect we are close to 200 million.

Another very Good response to the Porka guy. God bless you for digging out the figures with links you quoted.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by Greenmail: 2:02pm On May 30, 2015
Please disregard this charge and bail Lawyer, is looking for a hiding place, he want this administration to recognise him because of the 60 plots of land fraud committed in a community in Lekki and 480 millions land sold in his pocket belonging to same community which he has not accounted for or remitted to them. Sai baba don't regnise people like him, he will soon keep quite when GMB will come up with his policies.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by Oduduwaboy(m): 2:53pm On May 30, 2015
Big sam of Great Ife , you really fumble gan o! How else do you want an Inaugural speech to be? You had better be careful ...I see Biola Akiode ( your VP those days) on TV & newspaper pages these days ; is it because you want to become relevant like her that you are now saying this type of rubbish ?
Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by Oduduwaboy(m): 3:03pm On May 30, 2015
porka:

[/size]
Oga porka , na oversabi dey worry you . The best mode of population estimation in a third world country like ours is still a subject of debate . Relax abeg ...dont be in a hurry to attack ; even the clueless GEJ had 2 years of honeymoon .
Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by Nobody: 3:29pm On May 30, 2015
lexy2014:
its wrong 2 "dislike" our beloved lawyer but climate change? Global warming? Middle east crisis?...these are impt issues but if buhari had actually talked about these, am sure d same lawyer would have said how do these issues concern us? An inaugural speech is an acceptance speech not a policy making speech. An inauguration ceremony isn't 4 making policies. Maybe d lawyer didn't realise that there were foreign dignitaries at d ceremony who weren't there 4d long grammar of policy speech.

Hahahaha.......
It's certain that someone will Mention my attribute but you just made a mistake by discriminating an inauguration speech from promise speech.
The aims of inviting internal and external officials for the inauguration ceremony is for them to bear the witness of what the Host will do or may wish to do for His administration, and all His speeches will be recorded by His listeners.

So DR, Mr president skip some vital points form His speech.........

Let's said that No one is above a mistake but it is good to learn from our mistakes and I believed that Mr President will learn from His first National Speech. Thank You***
Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by lexy2014: 3:50pm On May 30, 2015
MightyD:

Hahahaha.......
It's certain that someone will Mention my attribute but you just made a mistake by discriminating an inauguration speech from promise speech.
The aims of inviting internal and external officials for the inauguration ceremony is for them to bear the witness of what the Host will do or may wish to do for His administration, and all His speeches will be recorded by His listeners.

So DR, Mr president skip some vital points form His speech.........

Let's said that No one is above a mistake but it is good to learn from our mistakes and I believed that Mr President will learn from His first National Speech. Thank You***
Pardon me bros but was your post meant 4me or was it meant 4 Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa? By d way, what is "promise speech" and who is "DR"?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

#AtikuIsComing vs #AtikuBusted Trend Over Impending Tribunal Judgement / 2023: Why Presidency Should Return To Northern Nigeria – Fani-Kayode / Aisha Buhari’s Convoy Attacked, 10 Vehicles Destroyed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.