Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,887 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Ex-adamawa Governor, Nyako Returns To Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-adamawa Governor, Nyako Returns To Nigeria (728 Views)

Heads To Roll Over Convicted Ngilari, Ex Adamawa Governor’s Release From Prison / Former Governor Nyako Of Adamawa In EFCC Custody / Ex-Adamawa Governor, Murtala Nyako's Son Wanted By EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-adamawa Governor, Nyako Returns To Nigeria by Humblega(m): 7:28am On May 31, 2015
A former governor of Adamawa state, Murtala Nyako, who was impeached by the state Assembly for gross financial fraud, has returned to Nigeria from a self-imposed exile.
Mr. Nyako and his deputy, Bala Ngilari, were impeached by the Assembly under Speaker Ahmadu Fintiri.
Shortly after his removal, Mr. Nyako fled Nigeria amid speculation​s​ he was to be arrested by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.
Mr. Nyako’s supporters believed the impeachment was orchestrated by the Presidency as it came shortly after the governor wrote a scathing letter accusing former President Goodluck Jonathan of carrying out genocide against the people of the north east.
The former governor left Nigeria for Germany, then England, where he had been since July 2014.
Although his deputy, Mr. Ngilari, succeeded ​in upturnimg his impeachment in court, Mr. Nyako was not so lucky as a Federal High Court sitting in Yola last week dismissed his suit challenging his ouster.
Mr. Nyako returned to Nigeria Saturday afternoon and was received by friends and associates at the Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport Abuja. Some of those who received the former governor were​ Senators Binta Garba, Abdullahi Adamu and Danjuma Goje.
Mr. Nyako played a prominent role in the emergence of the new governor of Adamawa ​S​tate, Umaru Jibrilla.
He directed his supporters who formed the majority of the membership of the All Progressives Congress, APC, in Adamawa State to vote for Mr. Jibrilla in the two primary elections held in the state; first during the bye election (before it was cancelled by the court), and in the run-up to the 2015 election.
After his victory in the April 11 election, Governor Jibrilla said he remained loyal to Mr. Nyako. To prove his loyalty, he appointed three core loyalists of Mr. Nyako as part of the five appointments he made shortly after he was sworn in Friday.
Mr. Jibrilla announced the appointment of Umar Bindir as the Secretary to the government, SSG, Abdulrahman Jimeta, as Chief of Staff, Abdullahi Bakari as Principal Private Secretary, and Ahmed Mahmood as the Director of Protocol, while Yohanna Mathias was appointed as the Chief press Secretary.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/184074-ex-adamawa-governor-nyako-returns-to-nigeria.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Re: Ex-adamawa Governor, Nyako Returns To Nigeria by EverestdeBliu(m): 7:30am On May 31, 2015
Please pass me the 'Sauce'
Re: Ex-adamawa Governor, Nyako Returns To Nigeria by Humblega(m): 7:31am On May 31, 2015
EverestdeBliu:
Please pass me the 'Sauce'
can you see the sausage now?
Re: Ex-adamawa Governor, Nyako Returns To Nigeria by danio24ng(m): 7:38am On May 31, 2015
Oga Nyako, if u have issues with Efcc, just arrange ur self and face them.
Welcome back.
Re: Ex-adamawa Governor, Nyako Returns To Nigeria by EverestdeBliu(m): 7:42am On May 31, 2015
danio24ng:
Oga Nyako, if u have issues with Efcc, just arrange ur self and face them.
Welcome back.
will Buhari allow his own to be probed? Guess a stick of the broom,has got all broomers immuned from being indicted,convicted or even tried. Didn't he 'order' that the court case against former Bayelsan state governor(apc) be dropped? I see Buhari as a 'one-sided' leader,I hope he proves me wrong.

(1) (Reply)

Why I Took N10 Billion Loan – Wike / Okada Accident In Apapa This Afternoon, One Dead, The Other Hospitalised! / Femi Gbajabiamila Alleges Yakubu Dogara & Loyalists Plan To Defect To PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.