Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,478 members, 7,830,406 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

Buhari Can Stop Class War Between The Rich And The Poor – Ben Murray Bruce - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Can Stop Class War Between The Rich And The Poor – Ben Murray Bruce (853 Views)

'It Is Over For Magu, Buhari Can Not Send His Name To Senate Again': Dino Melaye / Buhari's Kitchen Comment: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts With Loved Up Photo With Wife / It Is A Class War silly! By Joseph Edgar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Can Stop Class War Between The Rich And The Poor – Ben Murray Bruce by Svenn(m): 7:43am On May 31, 2015
Bayelsa state senator-elect Mr. Ben Murray
Bruce spoke on issues relating to accountability
and transparency in government.
He said:

I have not criticised any government. I
have not criticised APC. I have not
criticised PDP. I have not criticised
Goodluck Jonathan, neither have I
criticised Muhammadu Buhari. I have
raised good government issues and policy
issues.

These are issues that I have raised all my
life. Maybe these people on social media
have just discovered Ben Bruce but, go
and check the speeches I made two years
ago, three years ago, twenty years ago,
even in front of President Goodluck
Jonathan to ascertain whether they are
different from what I am saying now;
maybe they just discovered me. Go on
youtube and see my speeches.

The level of poverty and unemployment is
devastating. We need to focus on laws
that protect the poor. What is the biggest
problem in Nigeria today? It is
consumption versus production. Our
leaders are guilty of consuming the
resources of the majority. What do we
have for the poor – the millions of people
living on two dollars a day? And then you
have governors in large convoys,
commissioners driving N20m cars, flying
first class in states that cannot pay
salaries. The governors fly private jets.

Commissioners live like kings. If three
policemen guard a commissioner, how
many policemen do we have in Nigeria?
Less than 200,000. So who is policing the
poor when they are being raped, maimed
and killed, their goods stolen?

In Bayelsa, sea pirates steal from boats.
They steal N200, N500, fishing nets; they
attack people and rape their women.
There is poverty and frustration
everywhere in the land. And then people
we voted into offices are living like lords.
Does that make sense? Is it legal? Is it
ethical? Is it moral? Can you justify that
consumption behaviour because they
voted you into office? In most states, the
only employer of labour is government,
the rest are jobless.

Some government officials will wake up
one morning like monarchs and dash
money to the people on the street
because they see them as beggars. You
turn your people to beggars and you get
scared that they could kill you. Why won’t
you live in fear? What if you consume less
and distribute what you have to the rest
of the people so that they can be happy
and you can live in peace?

It is a class war between the rich and the
poor. I have said it for 35 years and I am
saying it again because it is worse
today. Boko Haram in the North,
militancy in the South-South, kidnapping
in the South-West and South East; raping,
paedophile, maiming and stealing
everywhere, what does that tell you? We
have a problem in our hands and
everybody must be held accountable.

President Buhari, who I like, is leading by
example. He is a simple man and,
because he is a simple man, I expect him
to appoint people who will live simple
lifestyle, people that will not consume the
resources of the people. As lawmakers,
we will checkmate their lifestyle. I will
remind every minister and appointee of
the need to live moderate life.

I am fighting against the corrupt elite. I
am 59 and you only live once. The worst
they can do to me is to take me out, so
what? When the corrupt elite see me, let
them know I am fighting them. When they
drink that bottle of champagne that can
educate a child, let them know I am
fighting them. When they fly first class
with tax payers money, let them know I
am fighting them. Let them know that I
am totally against their lifestyle because
it is destroying the economy. We are
broke, the elite deserve to be fought and
they should be ashamed of themselves
going by the way they live.

You go into government and fly first class
but in your private life, you fly economy.
You go into government, one man carries
your phone, another opens the door of
your car, another carries your bag,
another reads the newspapers to you and
you have ten policemen protecting you,
what for? Were you born to the world as
a king and everyone of us must worship
you? They should apologise to Nigerians
for looting the treasury and destroying the
economy.

We don’t have distribution of wealth in
Nigeria but the apportioning of wealth by
the small minority and nothing else for the
poor majority. There is no wealth
distribution and that is why we don’t
have the middle class. There are the poor
and the champagne drinking super rich.

http://lindaikeji..in/2015/05/buhari-can-stop-class-war-between-rich.html?m=1

Cc. lalasticlala ishilove

1 Like

Re: Buhari Can Stop Class War Between The Rich And The Poor – Ben Murray Bruce by 9jii(m): 7:48am On May 31, 2015
Re: Buhari Can Stop Class War Between The Rich And The Poor – Ben Murray Bruce by Nobody: 7:50am On May 31, 2015
This man should shut up. After mismanaging all NTA money to expand silverbird.. His tenure at NTA should be the first on EFCC probes list. I don't even know why people vote these kind of people in the first place
Re: Buhari Can Stop Class War Between The Rich And The Poor – Ben Murray Bruce by nairaminds(m): 7:52am On May 31, 2015
Re: Buhari Can Stop Class War Between The Rich And The Poor – Ben Murray Bruce by andersyn: 8:01am On May 31, 2015
I see front page
Re: Buhari Can Stop Class War Between The Rich And The Poor – Ben Murray Bruce by Nobody: 8:04am On May 31, 2015
The only sensible PDP senator
Re: Buhari Can Stop Class War Between The Rich And The Poor – Ben Murray Bruce by slimfit1(m): 8:04am On May 31, 2015
handsomeclouds:
This man should shut up. After mismanaging all NTA money to expand silverbird.. His tenure at NTA should be the first on EFCC probes list. I don't even know why people vote these kind of people in the first place

Your point please or you be quiet. You say something better let us hear.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Can Stop Class War Between The Rich And The Poor – Ben Murray Bruce by aare07(m): 8:12am On May 31, 2015
Kudos
Re: Buhari Can Stop Class War Between The Rich And The Poor – Ben Murray Bruce by Legitbaba(m): 8:14am On May 31, 2015
Re: Buhari Can Stop Class War Between The Rich And The Poor – Ben Murray Bruce by Nobody: 8:17am On May 31, 2015
Pay attention to d message nd not d messenger.

Good talk,
Re: Buhari Can Stop Class War Between The Rich And The Poor – Ben Murray Bruce by PassingShot(m): 8:18am On May 31, 2015
It seems BMB has regained his patriotism since PMB emerged president.

Good one sha.
Re: Buhari Can Stop Class War Between The Rich And The Poor – Ben Murray Bruce by hadura29(m): 8:23am On May 31, 2015
When did you start watching Nta? How much dies nta have that he wants to steal? Do you even know the Murray Bruce family? Bros Abeg if you don't have anything sensible to put down, just read and pass.

handsomeclouds:

I am expecting so much from this guy though, I hope he lives up to expectations....

1 Like

Re: Buhari Can Stop Class War Between The Rich And The Poor – Ben Murray Bruce by Svenn(m): 8:33am On May 31, 2015
Good talk, the gaps should reduce drastically.
Re: Buhari Can Stop Class War Between The Rich And The Poor – Ben Murray Bruce by saintfizzo(m): 8:42am On May 31, 2015
.... Voice of the masses... lately this Man been making sense
Re: Buhari Can Stop Class War Between The Rich And The Poor – Ben Murray Bruce by ferhyntorlah(f): 9:20am On May 31, 2015
I can't wait to see BMB in action in the incoming legislature.
Re: Buhari Can Stop Class War Between The Rich And The Poor – Ben Murray Bruce by StOla: 9:56am On May 31, 2015
hadura29:
When did you start watching Nta? How much dies nta have that he wants to steal? Do you even know the Murray Bruce family? Bros Abeg if you don't have anything sensible to put down, just read and pass.

I am expecting so much from this guy though, I hope he lives up to expectations....

It surprises me too that people who know next to nothing about the Murray-Bruce family spew all sorts of garbage about his claims to wealth or ownership of a media outfit.

Little do they know that most of the foreign programmes and sitcoms aired on NTA years before he even became NTA DG, were all sourced for the station by his media company.

Ben Murray-Bruce already had his Rythm FM station running successfully and leading the pack in Lagos before he even became NTA head. That he floated his own TV station after the NTA sojourn, is a no-brainer since he was already the source of most of the foreign content of the national TV.

Murray-Bruce did not need NTA money to stay successful or float a TV station. Instead he rubbed off positively on NTA with improved professionalism that was hardly existent during the Patrick Iteoghe reign as DG.

While I may loathe his political association with the PDP, or his position on subsidy removal with the provision of palliatives, the likes of Murray-Bruce would do the senate more good than Stella Oduah, Theo Orji or Buruji Kashamu.

And no, he did not date Stella Obasanjo while she was first lady. Their families go a long way prior to her affiliation with Obasanjo, or his tenure at NTA.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Can Stop Class War Between The Rich And The Poor – Ben Murray Bruce by StOla: 10:02am On May 31, 2015
If Murray Bruce continue on this noble and common sense path, then PDP might have a sane South South politician to aspire to the presidency and redeem the shame of Jonathan.
Re: Buhari Can Stop Class War Between The Rich And The Poor – Ben Murray Bruce by hadura29(m): 10:08am On May 31, 2015
StOla:

It surprises me too that people who know next to nothing about the Murray-Bruce family spew all sorts of garbage about his claims to wealth or ownership of a media outfit.

Little do they know that most of the foreign programmes and sitcoms aired on NTA years before he even became NTA DG, were all sourced for the station by his media company.

Ben Murray-Bruce already had his Rythm FM station running successfully and leading the pack in Lagos before he even became NTA head. That he floated his own TV station after the NTA sojourn, is a no-brainer since he was already the source of most of the foreign content of the national TV.

Murray-Bruce did not need NTA money to stay successful or float a TV station. Instead he rubbed off positively on NTA with improved professionalism that was hardly existent during the Patrick Iteoghe reign as DG.

While I may loathe his political association with the PDP, or his position on subsidy removal with the provision of palliatives, the likes of Murray-Bruce would do the senate more good than Stella Oduah, Theo Orji or Buruji Kashamu.

And no, he did not date Stella Obasanjo while she was first lady. Their families go a long way prior to her affiliation with Obasanjo, or his tenure at NTA.

That's why I don't waste words with people that don't know fact, I loathe his party also but he has chose to stand out. there is a Yoruba adage that says "ninu ikoko ni Eko fun fun ti jade", Donald duke is a man I respect also.. There are still few pdp members who still have the love of this country at heart. We just need to pray for all these leaders to work for we citizens.

(1) (Reply)

I Must Drink From Niger-delta Oil- Tinubu / They have hijacked our change, again - Pat Utomi / See What Wike Is Planning To Do Traditional Rulers Favoured By Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.