Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,440 members, 7,830,206 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

You Need To See What Gov Rochas Okorocha Said About Biafra Yesterday(must See) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Need To See What Gov Rochas Okorocha Said About Biafra Yesterday(must See) (8248 Views)

Details Of Niger Delta Avengers' Call On Radio Biafra Yesterday / What Rochas Okorocha Said Lagos Polictics / Photos: See What Gov.Kashim Shettima Did To Control Hunger And Poverty in Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Need To See What Gov Rochas Okorocha Said About Biafra Yesterday(must See) by ramdris(m): 7:15am On Jun 13, 2015
How come we only read this biafra crap in nairaland and not in any regular newspaper or TV stations?

Whatever rocks their boat. But am sure those clamoring for it never witnessed the war. Truth is the FG will never make it peaceful and that is the real problem. Are u ready to get shot to have a country that might not exist?

If the reason for wanting out is for development, may you guys can start asking your past and present leaders what they have been doing with the money they got (and still getting). The same people who have refuse to judiciously spent their allocations will still be those who will lead u and that is another real problem there!

#justthinking..
Re: You Need To See What Gov Rochas Okorocha Said About Biafra Yesterday(must See) by blaqoracle: 7:51am On Jun 13, 2015
zendy:
I laugh when people say Biafra is dead and gone. The trouble with Nigeria is that it is a country built and surviving on a mountain of lies. The people that populate Nigeria never had a say about being Nigerian. My ancestors got up one day and found out that the white man they welcomed into their land had suddenly 'baptised' them with a strange name. For me,what Biafra represents is my right to decide for myself who I am. Historically, nothing connects us Igbos to Yorubas or Hausas. We were all forced to be together against our will. I cannot answer a slave name the White man gave me. The future of Nigeria must be decided in a referendum.
if there were to be a referendum today, I can assure you that 85% of igbo will opt out of Biafra. you need to visit biafraland to know that they can never survive a 100 days before collapse. ignore should be ever grateful to Nigerians for them and their loads
Re: You Need To See What Gov Rochas Okorocha Said About Biafra Yesterday(must See) by CharliParker: 8:16am On Jun 13, 2015
Sometimes I wonder if this people calling Biafra are with their right senses
Re: You Need To See What Gov Rochas Okorocha Said About Biafra Yesterday(must See) by zendy: 8:26am On Jun 13, 2015
blaqoracle:
if there were to be a referendum today, I can assure you that 85% of igbo will opt out of Biafra. you need to visit biafraland to know that they can never survive a 100 days before collapse. ignore should be ever grateful to Nigerians for them and their loads

Oh really? What is it that Nigeria has that would cause Biafra not survive? Didn't we survive before there was Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: You Need To See What Gov Rochas Okorocha Said About Biafra Yesterday(must See) by zendy: 8:30am On Jun 13, 2015
CharliParker:
Sometimes I wonder if this people calling Biafra are with their right senses

We are with our senses. Only people with sense seek their freedom.

3 Likes

Re: You Need To See What Gov Rochas Okorocha Said About Biafra Yesterday(must See) by PAINGAIN: 9:07am On Jun 13, 2015
Yorubas as usual don't know where they stand or what they want. U hate the ibos, deport them,despise them but then u turn around and tell us that biafra will fail if we break out. What do u guys want? What? What? What?

3 Likes

Re: You Need To See What Gov Rochas Okorocha Said About Biafra Yesterday(must See) by chamboy(m): 9:26am On Jun 13, 2015
zendy:

Oh really? What is it that Nigeria has that would cause Biafra not survive? Didn't we survive before there was Nigeria?
Do u have Food
Re: You Need To See What Gov Rochas Okorocha Said About Biafra Yesterday(must See) by owobokiri(m): 9:44am On Jun 13, 2015
QuotaSystem:

Lol I am? Okay. Its good to know its an aspiration to be Fulani cool, and that you are irrelevant (not particularly breaking news).

Meanwhile, on the contrary, we are all desperate for you guys to leave, but now it has to be in 2023 after reaping the fruits of your naivety and hate.

Comprehension, that problematic? Don't know what you are on about with that fulani ish . . Just felt there are few fulani irridentists here and you are vigourously claiming to be one just to stand out. . Lol! Inspiration to be fulani? As in I am determined to be a cattle rearer negotiating catfights with different villagers across west Africa just to survive? Hello!? I must be crediting you with much sense than you will ever have in a thousand lifetimez.

2 Likes

Re: You Need To See What Gov Rochas Okorocha Said About Biafra Yesterday(must See) by zendy: 2:38pm On Jun 13, 2015
chamboy:
Do u have Food

That's the whole essence of being independent. To develop our selves Agriculturally and otherwise. Besides, places where food can be bought will never run out.

1 Like

Re: You Need To See What Gov Rochas Okorocha Said About Biafra Yesterday(must See) by zendy: 2:43pm On Jun 13, 2015
PAINGAIN:
Yorubas as usual don't know where they stand or what they want. U hate the ibos, deport them,despise them but then u turn around and tell us that biafra will fail if we break out. What do u guys want? What? What? What?

All they want is to continue with Lord Lugardian fraud called Nigeria. I think the Yorubas cannot stomach the thought of being in one country with the Hausas without the Igbos.

2 Likes

Re: You Need To See What Gov Rochas Okorocha Said About Biafra Yesterday(must See) by QuotaSystem: 6:36pm On Jun 14, 2015
owobokiri:

Comprehension, that problematic? Don't know what you are on about with that fulani ish . . Just felt there are few fulani irridentists here and you are vigourously claiming to be one just to stand out. . Lol! Inspiration to be fulani? As in I am determined to be a cattle rearer negotiating catfights with different villagers across west Africa just to survive? Hello!? I must be crediting you with much sense than you will ever have in a thousand lifetimez.

Yes, a cattle rearer a.k.a Cowboy like George Bush. I don't expect you to understand considering the 10m2 piece of eroded land you call home can't sustain a fowl which is why you are a nuisance all over the country.

Meanwhile, while we are putting you shiibudors, our war booty, under check starting with Ihejirika, your girls are changing religion for cattle rearer's Kondo grin

Re: You Need To See What Gov Rochas Okorocha Said About Biafra Yesterday(must See) by owobokiri(m): 8:10am On Jun 16, 2015
QuotaSystem:

Yes, a cattle rearer a.k.a Cowboy like George Bush. I don't expect you to understand considering the 10m2 piece of eroded land you call home can't sustain a fowl which is why you are a nuisance all over the country.

Meanwhile, while we are putting you shiibudors, our war booty, under check starting with Ihejirika, your girls are changing religion for cattle rearer's Kondo grin

You don't think that it speaks volume the way you lot brandish and celeberate your igbo "trophy wives" like you have won some lotto or something? How many times have you seen an igbo boy doing same after geting hitched by one of those your dry boards? Who in his right sense celeberates polluting the gene pool?

1 Like

Re: You Need To See What Gov Rochas Okorocha Said About Biafra Yesterday(must See) by blaqoracle: 5:06am On Aug 20, 2015
zendy:

then you survived as sl.aves.
Re: You Need To See What Gov Rochas Okorocha Said About Biafra Yesterday(must See) by Mckennedy: 5:24am On Aug 20, 2015
Godfather92:
hmmm ' really pity some ibo men, am very sorry for them,wish their sense can come to settle,this is one those things that some ibo rich men are foolishly more better out than his home town,you will c a very rich ibo man acquire #10m worth of a car,lives in a duplex or more in another man's land but sleeps in a hotel when he visit his home town(don't his own house in his home town). very shame thing to this man,he is mi governor,he is doing well as a governor no doubt but i sincerely know it that he does those things to win the support of my people for his future ambition,he do not have the peoples mind in him

okoroawusa is a big fraud he did nothing in my comunity...no road..no electricity..not even a single govt present in my comunity,,,I'm planning to video the roads and send it here.

1 Like

Re: You Need To See What Gov Rochas Okorocha Said About Biafra Yesterday(must See) by Mckennedy: 5:28am On Aug 20, 2015
bukster:

Radio Biafra is filled with hate. The director spews hate onto every tribe in Nigeria brainwashing listeners to become more tribalistic and hateful. These are exactly the type of conditions that lead to war.
I don't care about Biafra but I fully belive RB should be canceled. It encourages tribalism and hate and I know that most igbos do not listen to the radio or support it but it leaves a negative impression of Igbos by other Nigerians and people outside Nigeria.

the war of the past was not because of Radio preach, and I ask you "was there Aburi accord? if yes" who defaulted the agreement?
Re: You Need To See What Gov Rochas Okorocha Said About Biafra Yesterday(must See) by Mckennedy: 5:33am On Aug 20, 2015
bukster:

I wasn't around during the 1960s so I do not know what fully happened during those days but I was around when the Oba of Lagos threatened Igbos. Many prominent Yoruba people condemned what the oba did and so did many ordinary Lagosians. As people we should try and learn from the mistakes of the past.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvgxy2SzsXk

and what can you tell us about Fashola deportation? and the yolobar doctor who declared ethnic cleansing of the igbos?

2 Likes

Re: You Need To See What Gov Rochas Okorocha Said About Biafra Yesterday(must See) by Mckennedy: 5:44am On Aug 20, 2015
chamboy:
Do u have Food

you see how silly you are...
Re: You Need To See What Gov Rochas Okorocha Said About Biafra Yesterday(must See) by Happiness87(f): 6:34am On Aug 20, 2015
no one is talking about war, they people have a right to decide to be part a Nigeria or not.

let Buhari set up a machinery to address their needs but He made things worse by addressing some sections of this country as 5%

better still referendum by used, just like Ireland and Britain did.

With the level of tribalism, nepotism, religious sentiments in this country, Nigeria will divide one day, if not soon, the future

Rochas is only protecting his selfish interest, probably presidential ambition

4 Likes

Re: You Need To See What Gov Rochas Okorocha Said About Biafra Yesterday(must See) by Nobody: 6:42am On Aug 20, 2015
Empty yolobass who haven't develop some balls to try to fight war before always talking rubbishh. Cowardss

1 Like

Re: You Need To See What Gov Rochas Okorocha Said About Biafra Yesterday(must See) by Nobody: 7:12am On Aug 20, 2015
bukster:

Radio Biafra is filled with hate. The director spews hate onto every tribe in Nigeria brainwashing listeners to become more tribalistic and hateful. These are exactly the type of conditions that lead to war.
I don't care about Biafra but I fully belive RB should be canceled. It encourages tribalism and hate and I know that most igbos do not listen to the radio or support it but it leaves a negative impression of Igbos by other Nigerians and people outside Nigeria.

damosthottest:
THIS WILL SHOCK MANY, A MASTERPIECE WRITTEN BY A NIGER DELTAN FROM URHOBO:

Thank God this is coming from a Deltan, which will also shock many who thinks that Igbos and Niger Deltans are not United, as they have tried to Divide us by State and Geo-political zones - Chike Michael.

Ena Ofugara from Urhobo wrote:

More On How A People Have Thrived in Adversity.
Four years into independence, three years before civil war, see how Nigeria was treating IGBOS
Now for you who may not understand why Igbos tried to leave the union, listen to parliamentarians.... Law makers in 1964 and tell me if it is your tribe you will not be like Ojukwu. Why would you want to be in a country where people treat you like this? Read for yourselves.
"Northern House Of Assembly Proceedings, February-March 1964
Below is an extract from the proceedings of the Northern Region House of Assembly between February and March 1964, less than four years after Nigeria’s independence from the British. I have nothing to add.

Read and judge for yourself:
Mallam Muhammadu Mustapha Mande Gyan:
On the allocation of plots to Ibos or allocation of stalls, I would like to advise the Minister that these people know how to make money, and we do not know the way and manner of getting about this business. We do not want Ibos to be allocated with plots. I do not want them to be given plots...

Mallam Bashari Umaru:
I would like (you), as a Minister of Land and Survey, to revoke forthwith all Certificates of Occupancy from the hands of the Ibos resident in the Region... (Applause).

Mr. A. A. Agogede:
I’m very glad that we are in a Moslem country, and the government of Northern Nigeria allowed some few Christians in the region to enjoy themselves according to the belief of their religion, but building of hotels should be taken away from the Igbos, and even if we find some Christians who are interested in building hotels and do not have money to do so, the government should aid them, instead of allowing Ibos to continue with their hotels.

Dr. Iya Abubakar (Special Member, Lecturer, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria):
I am one of the strong believers in Nigerian unity, and I have hoped for our having a united Nigeria, but certainly if the present state of affairs continues, I hope the government will investigate first the desirability and secondly the possibility of extending Northernisation policy to the petty traders. (Applause).

Mallam Mukhtar Bello:
I would like to say something very important, that the Minister should take my appeal to the Federal Government about the Igbos in the post office. I wish the numbers of these Igbos be reduced…. There are too many of them in the North. They are like sardines and 1 think they are just too dangerous to the Region.

Mallam Ibrahim Musa:
Mr. Chairman, Sir. Well first and foremost, what I have to say before this Hon. House is that we should send a delegation to meet our Hon. Premier to move a motion in this very Budget Session that all the Ibos working in the Civil Service of Northern Nigeria, including the native authorities, whether they are contractors or not, should be repatriated at once...

Mallam Bashari Umaru:
There should be no contracts either from the government, native authorities, or private enterprises given to Ibo contractors (Government Bench: Good talk and shouts of “Fire the Southerners”). Again, Mr. Chairman, the foreign firms too should be given time limit to replace all Ibo in their firms by some other people.

The Premier (Alhaji the Hon. Sir Ahmadu Bello, K.B.E., Sardauna of Sokoto):
It is my most earnest desire that every post in the region, however small it is, be filled by a Northerner (Applause)

Alhaji Usman Liman:
What brought the Ibos into this region? They were here since the colonial days. Had it not been for the colonial rule, there would hardly have been any Ibo in this region. Now that there is no colonial rule, the Ibos should go back to their region. There should be no hesitation about the matter.
Mr. Chairman, North is for Northerners, East for Easterners, West for Westerners, and the Federation is for us all. (Applause)

The Minister of Land and Survey (Alhaji the Hon. Ibrahim Musa Cashash, O.B.E.):
Mr. Chairman. Sir, I do not like to take up much of the time of this House in making explanations, but I would like to assure members that having heard their demands about Ibos holding land in Northern Nigeria, my ministry will do all it can to see that the demands of members are met. How to do this, when to do it, al1 these should not be disclosed. In due course, you will all see what will happen. (Applause).
Culled from M. O. Onyenakeya, Igbos in Nigerian Politics, pp.30-32

https://m./426888550813216?view=permalink&id=466671230168281
Re: You Need To See What Gov Rochas Okorocha Said About Biafra Yesterday(must See) by Tkester: 7:40am On Aug 20, 2015
OneNaira6:

Can you people stop saying what you don't know. IPOB director lives in ABA. He moved his radio from London to abia state for the past several months now.
All this fear for one guy's radio station. Mechewww

Mehn I tireooh.

When we say that igbos are blessed beyond measure some people from wasteland will abuse us. But just see as one man's radio station is making waves, NTA cannot make in their fifty years of existence.
Re: You Need To See What Gov Rochas Okorocha Said About Biafra Yesterday(must See) by nzeobi(m): 8:45am On Aug 20, 2015
morbeta:

Thank you sir. You just spoke my mind.
How pathetic some of you sound.
Does being a biafran stop anyone from doing business in ngeria or are foreigners no longer doing business in nigeria.
Don't worry give us biafra and chase us away from your land and we will return as foreign investors.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: You Need To See What Gov Rochas Okorocha Said About Biafra Yesterday(must See) by nzeobi(m): 8:50am On Aug 20, 2015
Ymodulus:
I was late to the party. But late is better than never commenting at all.

1. That's not Rocha's official account.

2. Rocha's never made the statement, and even if he did . its a very good statement.
Igbos keep deceiving them selves over Biafra.

3. That guy on that twitter page that said he his Yoruba is actually an illiterate who wants to feel relevant. Just imagine him sating Igbos are intellectuals? Really?? Please some one should check his temperature.
Oga please give me one cogent reasons why ibos should remain in nigeria and why don't want them

Biafra is dead and gone. Stop been delusional about it.

Ymodulus
(
Re: You Need To See What Gov Rochas Okorocha Said About Biafra Yesterday(must See) by nzeobi(m): 8:52am On Aug 20, 2015
Ymodulus:
I was late to the party. But late is better than never commenting at all.

1. That's not Rocha's official account.

2. Rocha's never made the statement, and even if he did . its a very good statement.
Igbos keep deceiving them selves over Biafra.

3. That guy on that twitter page that said he his Yoruba is actually an illiterate who wants to feel relevant. Just imagine him sating Igbos are intellectuals? Really?? Please some one should check his temperature.
Oga please give me one cogent reasons why ibos should remain in nigeria and why don't want them

Biafra is dead and gone. Stop been delusional about it.

Ymodulus

(
Give me a cogent reason why you think ibos should remain in nigeria.

1 Like

Re: You Need To See What Gov Rochas Okorocha Said About Biafra Yesterday(must See) by nzeobi(m): 8:54am On Aug 20, 2015
ramdris:
How come we only read this biafra crap in nairaland and not in any regular newspaper or TV stations?

Whatever rocks their boat. But am sure those clamoring for it never witnessed the war. Truth is the FG will never make it peaceful and that is the real problem. Are u ready to get shot to have a country that might not exist?
Why can't nigeria have a referandoum like other countries like Spain, UK and others.

If the reason for wanting out is for development, may you guys can start asking your past and present leaders what they have been doing with the money they got (and still getting). The same people who have refuse to judiciously spent their allocations will still be those who will lead u and that is another real problem there!

#justthinking..
Re: You Need To See What Gov Rochas Okorocha Said About Biafra Yesterday(must See) by PAINGAIN: 9:27am On Aug 20, 2015
Whether that twitter handle na rochas own or not, thing is, why r yorubas jumping into anything biafra? Why are yorubas always say they hate, despise, and call igbos all sorts of names but turn around to give igbos advise on why biafra will not work. Yorubas should be encouraging and supporting d igbos for biafra so that we'll leave their land for them. Anyways if igbos r forced to remain in nigeria then in no distant future the yolobas will be dieing of hate. Their hatred for d igbos will b killing bcus by then igbos will b so much powerful and succesful.
Re: You Need To See What Gov Rochas Okorocha Said About Biafra Yesterday(must See) by bukster(f): 5:06pm On Aug 20, 2015
Mckennedy:

and what can you tell us about Fashola deportation? and the yolobar doctor who declared ethnic cleansing of the igbos?

Fashola deported beggars irrespective of their tribe. Many Yoruba beggars also got sent back to their home state. He is not the first governor to do something like this and he won't be the last.
The FCT also deported beggars back to their home state back in 2011
https://www.nairaland.com/704764/beggars-deported-back-states-abuja
The Anambra state government also deported non-indigenous Okada riders from the state
https://www.nairaland.com/2409385/anambra-govt-chase-non-indigene-okada

Deportation of homless people and beggars is not just something that is only done in Nigeria but other parts of the world. Homeless people put a strain on the resources of a state or country without adding anything back.

Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg defended a city program to send homeless families out of New York on planes, trains and buses on Wednesday, saying it “saves the taxpayers of New York City an enormous amount of money.”

Speaking in the Blue Room in City Hall to announce a new finance commissioner, Mr. Bloomberg was asked if the program simply shifts the homelessness program to a different place, as some critics of the program have suggested.

“I don’t know, when they get to the other places, whether they find jobs,” Mr. Bloomberg said. “It may be an easier place for them. If we don’t — we either have two choices. We can do this program or pay an enormous amount of money daily to provide housing.”

It costs the city about $36,000 a year to provide shelter for a homeless family. The average stay in shelter is about nine months.

But Mr. Bloomberg appeared sensitive to the image of flying homeless families to far-flung places, as the program is set up to do. In the past two years, families have been provided one-way tickets to Haiti, Peru, Mexico City, St. Croix, Trinidad and Tobago, Ukraine, Santo Domingo and Casablanca. (The most popular destinations are Puerto Rico, Florida, Georgia and the Carolinas.)

“The average cost is trivial,” Mr. Bloomberg said. “Most go by bus. Very few go overseas, very few go long distances. Bus is the normal ways we pay for transportation, rather than air.”

In fact, the most common mode of travel for families in the program is air, not bus. Forty-eight percent travel by airplane; 37 percent by bus; and 15 percent by train, according to city data.

I agree that what the Yoruba doctor did and said was inexcusable but all ethnic groups have their bad eggs and a while group of people that number more than 30 million shouldn't be judged by the actions of one person.
Re: You Need To See What Gov Rochas Okorocha Said About Biafra Yesterday(must See) by ayobabas: 6:26pm On Aug 20, 2015
pazienza:
Why must the demand for Biafra be equivalent to war and death? I keep saying it, only parasites force co existence.

Most Igbos that are indifferent to Biafra are so not because if given the choice they won't chose Biafra, but because they are scared of the war and death the Nigerian parasites will unleash, if we declare Biafra again.
They are not sure adequate measures have been taken by Biafran agitators to ensure the playing ground is levelled.

Most Igbos are well to do in one Nigeria. Most agitators are largely uneducated and have least to loss in a climate of anarchy.

You have been parasitically feeding on Nigeria from amalgamation and now have the misplaced mouth of calling Nigeria parasite?

If you like you can gather your troop and level the playing field for your war against the finger that fed you.

We shall see if you will live to tell your nightmare!
Re: You Need To See What Gov Rochas Okorocha Said About Biafra Yesterday(must See) by Duru1(m): 6:43pm On Aug 20, 2015
QuotaSystem:
He's right.

From what I've observed on this forum, it's mostly half-educated and struggling delinquents that are making all the noise about Biafra - a failed and dead movement. From what I've heard, no serious Igbo businessman will abandon his investments all across the country to take up an identity and name coined by the Portuguese (bight of biafra), depriving him of a large market for his goods.
Thank goodness some reasonable Igbos are fixing the wrong impression about the Igbo that the agitators are giving other Nigerians.

It never occurred to you that Mallam Rochas Okorocha's paternity is highly questionable. I guess it takes one half-educated and struggling delinquent such as you to recognize another.
Re: You Need To See What Gov Rochas Okorocha Said About Biafra Yesterday(must See) by Duru1(m): 6:46pm On Aug 20, 2015
ayobabas:

Most Igbos are well to do in one Nigeria. Most agitators are largely uneducated and have least to loss in a climate of anarchy.

You have been parasitically feeding on Nigeria from amalgamation and now have the misplaced mouth of calling Nigeria parasite?

If you like you can gather your troop and level the playing field for your war against the finger that fed you.

We shall see if you will live to tell your nightmare!

Must one be highly educated to understand the benefits of self-determination of homeland? Nigeria's problem is not only tribalism but stark illegality.
Re: You Need To See What Gov Rochas Okorocha Said About Biafra Yesterday(must See) by ayobabas: 7:04pm On Aug 20, 2015
Duru1:

Must one be highly educated to understand the benefits of self-determination of homeland? Nigeria's problem is not only tribalism but stark illegality.

It is not self-determination but egoism. Nigeria is not the only multi-ethnic country. If each tribe wants self-determination there will be a plethora of communes with each passing-off for a country.
Re: You Need To See What Gov Rochas Okorocha Said About Biafra Yesterday(must See) by Nobody: 10:55pm On Aug 20, 2015
funny post. NNAMDI KANU will be live in califonia USA on world igbo festival or cultural day. he will preach the gospel of biafra. watch out. ha ha ha ha biafra has risen just like christ. biafra will live till the end of time just like christ. biafra will be glorified above all other countries just like yehuswa. biafra is the country of YHWH. watch out for bafra

(1) (2) (Reply)

Moussa Faki Mahamat Visits Osinbajo (Photos) / Local Boats Being Manufacture In Onitsha Anambra State-photos / UNGA: Buhari Departs Abuja For New York

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.