Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,518 members, 7,823,225 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Why Buhari Didn’t Make Assets Public – Aides - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari Didn’t Make Assets Public – Aides (42363 Views)

Ezekwesili Never Said Buhari Didn’t Deserve To Be President …what She Said .PIX / Aisha Buhari Didn’t Shut Down Her Abuja Spa (see Pics) - Nigerian Times / Kayode Ogudamisi Tells Him To Declare Assets Public (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Make Assets Public – Aides by CSTR2: 7:08am On Jun 01, 2015
The anti corruption president who is afraid of public assets declaration.
Mr buhari, do the needful.

6 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Make Assets Public – Aides by Stephenjoachim(m): 7:11am On Jun 01, 2015
Make una just dey insult una self just like amateurs, I call that stupidity in EXCELSIS. Mind how una choice of words!

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Make Assets Public – Aides by Emperor100(m): 7:11am On Jun 01, 2015
Best comment made by Mr Femi Falana. Let's just be patient and wait for the 100days @least.....
Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Make Assets Public – Aides by CSTR2: 7:11am On Jun 01, 2015
As it stands now,buhari has not done anything different from jonathan.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Make Assets Public – Aides by neocortex: 7:11am On Jun 01, 2015
disloman:
If u can tell us how APc followers F*** up,I will respect u from now on.But u can't,U remain a goat 4 life.

Empty drum makes the loudest noise. If you can't wrap your mind around his post you simply ask for clarification but your over bloated ego won't let you. The hypocrisy lies in APC followers saying that he doesn't need to publicly declare his asset because CCB declaration is sufficient when we are all aware of his campaign promise.
To you lots, Buhari has been placed on a divine pedestal and whatever he does is always right because the god is never wrong.
So next time you don't need resorting to insult for lack of comprehension.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Make Assets Public – Aides by CSTR2: 7:15am On Jun 01, 2015
Emperor100:
Best comment made by Mr Femi Falana. Let's just be patient and wait for the 100days @least.....
Yar'adua who was supposed to be corrupt did not take anywhere near 50 days let alone 100 to publicly declare his assets.
Why should it take the "most honest Nigerian ever" muhammadu buhari ATLEAST 100 days.?
Something is wrong somewhere.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Make Assets Public – Aides by jorlons(m): 7:15am On Jun 01, 2015
Martins301:
I know TANoids are waiting desperately to see if there will be any significant difference between the pre election assets and post election assets of PMB so they can throw dust into the air. . . . .PMB please give them what they want before they develope HBP

I'm very sure that will be their next point of discussion. Immediately the assets declaration form hits the pages of newspapers, expect them to start seeing irregularities. That's just their way.
Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Make Assets Public – Aides by ShowYourCertificate: 7:18am On Jun 01, 2015
micklplus:

You are very on point and as such, buhari has done what is required of him by law.

He has fulfilled one of his campaign promises on asset declaration.

Once the modalities are fine-tuned, public part of asset declaration would be enforced.
Yes, Buhari has done what is required of him by law. No, Buhari hasn't fulfilled his campaign promises on public declaration of assets. CCB can't just declare one's assets to the public. This is due to security reasons, moral reasons, religious reasons, and any other reasons that the terms and conditions may stipulate when promulgated. Thus if Buhari is really sincere about his transparency and accountability mantra, he shouldn't wait for Nigerians to grapple with the bottlenecks and redtapes of the CCB. He should go ahead and publish his assets to the public. A day is enough for one to embezzle millions/billions of naira, thus it's paramount he publicly declares now! 100 days is too far off. A word of advice.

6 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Make Assets Public – Aides by Ultimate001: 7:18am On Jun 01, 2015
It's nt about his campaign promise; it's abt d law. The law demands that u shld mk a public declaration of ur assests bfre playing any role as president (or vp, as d case may be).

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Make Assets Public – Aides by bashydemy(m): 7:19am On Jun 01, 2015
This TANoids will never get brain, PMB/PYO have fulfil there constitutional right by declaring their assets to the CCB (Code of Conduct Bureau) and its the CCB that will make it public. SO if anyone is having problem with it they should approach CCB or the court simple. Beside GEJ did not declare anything and Nigerians never ask for his head.
Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Make Assets Public – Aides by Waspy(m): 7:19am On Jun 01, 2015
PassingShot:
Now, these are people whose opinions matter in the society talking with common sense. Not some frustrated souls struggling for cheap popularity online.

Even their pay master PDP are being reasonable to know that PMB needs to settle down in office first.

Online TANoids, you can all cry as much as you like. Your warped opinions count for little or nothing.
Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Make Assets Public – Aides by onowighose(m): 7:21am On Jun 01, 2015
angry angry angry NIGERIANS MAKE UNA SHINE UNA EYES OOOOOOO.............. STORY THEM DON START AGAIN NA WA OOOOO.....

3 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Make Assets Public – Aides by ShowYourCertificate: 7:21am On Jun 01, 2015
bashydemy:
This TANoids will never get brain, PMB/PYO have fulfil there constitutional right by declaring their assets to the CCB (Code of Conduct Bureau) and its the CCB that will make it public. SO if anyone is having problem with it they should approach CCB or the court simple. Beside GEJ did not declare anything and Nigerians never ask for his head.
Jonathan also declared to the CCB as stipulated by the constitution but Nigerians wanted more. They wanted him to tow the line of Yar Adua and declare publicly which he didn't. It seems you are encouraging Buhari to make the same mistake Jonathan made.

7 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Make Assets Public – Aides by CSTR2: 7:22am On Jun 01, 2015
Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Make Assets Public – Aides by CSTR2: 7:22am On Jun 01, 2015
jorlons:

I'm very sure that will be their next point of discussion. Immediately the assets declaration form hits the pages of newspapers, expect them to start seeing irregularities. That's just their way.
And why shouldn't we see irregularities if they really exist?
I don't know about you, but i am too educated to just swallow any thing that falls from your president's mouth.
If you love Nigeria like most of you claim, then you'd want us to look for any irregularities.
You and your president are charlatans.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Make Assets Public – Aides by appini: 7:23am On Jun 01, 2015
The old soldier will soon refer Nigerians to the military board for confirmation.

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Make Assets Public – Aides by Firefire(m): 7:23am On Jun 01, 2015
jorlons:

It's no LIE by law, declaring with CCB means you've publicly declared. The only thing working against him is the Nigerian understanding of public declaration which to them is publishing it on the pages of newspapers.

I think Nigerians should give them the benefit of the doubt, I mean what's the worse that could happen ??

I'm sure it will hit the papers if not today, within the week. Even Olisah Metuh knows this and that's why he's keeping mute on the issue for now.

You are given "Public" a new meaning my friend. cheesy

I expect you to affirm that Malam Garba goofed by trying to be clever by half.

As for Olisa Mentuh, he could be reasonable for him to give PMB administration settling-down timeline.

APC should not CHANGE all Dictionary meaning of words before 2019 ooooo.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Make Assets Public – Aides by ShowYourCertificate: 7:24am On Jun 01, 2015
Emperor100:
A day is enough to loot Nigeria's treasury. Buhari should publicly declare his assets now! He's losing his credibility with every passing second.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Make Assets Public – Aides by nelandrewz(m): 7:25am On Jun 01, 2015
SaTANoids at it again, constituting nuisance since 1908. Noise makers.
Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Make Assets Public – Aides by CSTR2: 7:25am On Jun 01, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Jonathan also declared to the CCB as stipulated by the constitution but Nigerians wanted more. They wanted him to tow the line of Yar Aduavand declare publicly which he didn't. It seems you are encouraging Buhari to make the same mistake Jonathan made.
I don't know why this is so difficult to understand.
The so-called change agent doing the same time like his predecessor is nothing but a charlatan.

6 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Make Assets Public – Aides by legendsilver(m): 7:27am On Jun 01, 2015
ogb5:
It is really depressing that some Nigerians are saying Buhari should not declare his assets publicly. What happened to the promise he made during campaign to declare it publicly?

Are we saying it is ok to break campaign promises?
We know some of the campaign promises were stupid and will be impossible to fulfil like making 1 naira to be equal to 1 dollar and like stabilising global oil price, but declaring his assets is a easy promise to keep.

When he made the promise, did u voted for him? Better go n meet ur clueless slowpoke otueke fisherman for assets declaration
Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Make Assets Public – Aides by CSTR2: 7:28am On Jun 01, 2015
God bless yar'adua for giving us the true definition of "public declaration of assets".
If not, buhari and his hordes will redefine the meaning of the word "public".

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Make Assets Public – Aides by CSTR2: 7:30am On Jun 01, 2015
legendsilver:

When he made the promise, did u voted for him? Better go n meet ur clueless slowpoke otueke fisherman for assets declaration
My friend voted for him for his anti-corruption stance.
Are you telling me he has been scammed?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Make Assets Public – Aides by Bigdreams(m): 7:31am On Jun 01, 2015
Let's wait and see.

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Make Assets Public – Aides by porka: 7:31am On Jun 01, 2015
[size=16pt]From Nairaland defender's 30 days to Falana's 100 days to Junaid's eternity.

[/size]

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Make Assets Public – Aides by jorlons(m): 7:32am On Jun 01, 2015
CSTR2:
And why shouldn't we see irregularities if they really exist?
I don't know about you, but i am too educated to just swallow any thing that falls from your president's mouth.
If you love Nigeria like most of you claim, then you'd want us to look for any irregularities.
You and your president are charlatans.

I hope you'll be objective in your scrutiny ?? That's all we ask from you guys in playing the opposition role.

I sincerely hope you will not see a non-existent irregularity.
Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Make Assets Public – Aides by Reference(m): 7:32am On Jun 01, 2015
ki02020:
These buhari aides are on a long journey of defending and affirming the presidential decisions grin

That's what I've been saying. From playing Messi till the season ended on May 28th now its John Terry till 2019 then his likes will join Adeniyi and Abati on the bench of regrets.

3 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Make Assets Public – Aides by Curvinus(m): 7:33am On Jun 01, 2015
There is little point in playing the ostrich here as majority of Nigerians who voted the APC into power want Buhari and Osinbajo's assets declared publicly.

It is good thing he has declared before the ethics bureau.They must now go a step further, as a matter of integrity, to publish same before the world. Nigerians would want to know how stupendously wealthy, how degradingly poor or how decidedly average Buhari and his vice are for the sake of posterity. After all, we are trying to put an end to the culture of impunity.
This is very important and they shouldn't mess with it.

They sought equity all along and now they must go with clean hands.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Make Assets Public – Aides by micklplus(m): 7:33am On Jun 01, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Yes, Buhari has done what is required of him by law. No, Buhari hasn't fulfilled his campaign promises on public declaration of assets. CCB can't just declare one's assets to the public. This is due to security reasons, moral reasons, religious reasons, and any other reasons that the terms and conditions may stipulate when promulgated. Thus if Buhari is really sincere about his transparency and accountability mantra, he shouldn't wait for Nigerians to grapple with the bottlenecks and redtapes of the CCB. He should go ahead and publish his assets to the public. A day is enough for one to embezzle millions/billions of naira, thus it's paramount he publicly declares now! 100 days is too far off. A word of advice.

I agree with you on the moral angle to it.

One day is too much sef, "miracle" can happen in just 6 hours at the touch of a button but then, he has done the right thing according to the law and hopefully, our trust in buhari won't be shattered.
Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Make Assets Public – Aides by Firefire(m): 7:34am On Jun 01, 2015
bashydemy:

Oga,

CCB will make 'declared' asset public

Please get your facts right and revert.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Make Assets Public – Aides by bashydemy(m): 7:36am On Jun 01, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Jonathan also declared to the CCB as stipulated by the constitution but Nigerians wanted more. They wanted him to tow the line of Yar Adua and declare publicly which he didn't. It seems you are encouraging Buhari to make the same mistake Jonathan made.
You see where you got it wrong? GEJ did not declare anything to code of conduct so stop lying and please stop asking someone what you can't get from your Father. PMB will do that in due time.
Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Make Assets Public – Aides by CSTR2: 7:36am On Jun 01, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Enugu Youths Chase Fulani Herdsmen & Their Cows Away From Their Farmlands (Video / Lekki: ASCAB Identified The Barracks Of Soldiers Who Shot Protesters - Falana / Nigeria President Will No Longer Travel Abroad For Medicals – Aisha Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.